Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Wow I think all muffabuff needs is a big hug. The point of this thread was that she felt the need to prove herself and I don't think we need that. This woe is full of great people who are supportive and helpful and she was only trying to help give an idea as to what she does. It breaks my heart to know that she has felt this way, love and encouragement is really what we all need. We all come from different backgrounds and sometimes we can perceive our response as just conversation and others will feel it as an attack. I am always carefully as to how I answer on here as to avoid that from happening. Ilove this group, I feel we are family,so lets all put this behind us and continue on supporting each other with love a nd respect. Sincerely Kimberly.
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Wow I think all muffabuff needs is a big hug. The point of this thread was that she felt the need to prove herself and I don't think we need that. This woe is full of great people who are supportive and helpful and she was only trying to help give an idea as to what she does. It breaks my heart to know that she has felt this way, love and encouragement is really what we all need. We all come from different backgrounds and sometimes we can perceive our response as just conversation and others will feel it as an attack. I am always carefully as to how I answer on here as to avoid that from happening. Ilove this group, I feel we are family,so lets all put this behind us and continue on supporting each other with love a nd respect. Sincerely Kimberly.
I personally feel that meffabuff was a bit harsh in some of her replies, (in the other thread mostly), it is very hard to get the tone of some posts and though some posters were just trying to say that her posted information was incorrect she seemed to take it as a personal attack, which it most certainly was not. If she is allowed to post her point of view we should be allowed to rebutt if her posted information was incorrect.

I feel she was doing the board a disservice in saying that the printed information on the packet of oatmeal was wrong and we should count said packet as 25 calories. What happened was she had misunderstood that the serving size of 28g that she had entered into the calorie counter was for 28g of already prepaired with water oatmeal, thus being a bit more than 1/4 of a packet of oatmeal. If we started counting a whole packet of oatmeal as 25 calories when in reality it is 100 calories you can see the issue. She had been eating 2 packets plus 1/2 a banana and counting it as a bit more than 100 calories, she should have been counting it as 250 you surely can see the problem with this on a DD.

I'm sorry if she felt attacked, I know there were hurt feeling over what she said to one of the posters, the whole thing left a bad taste in many a mouth but I felt the need to try and right the situation so fellow JUDDDers would not stall out or blow DDs because of a misunderstanding of information punched into a calorie counter.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Last edited by Becky; 05-19-2012 at 05:58 AM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I've been following the oatmeal conversations, and while I agree it's unfortunate she felt badly, it's really no ones fault. Everyone replying was simply trying to correct misunderstanding. I only saw very nice responses.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
...anyway, I'm happy for MuffBuff losing weight eating more calories than she thought she was getting; and am happy for the clarification from the rest of you all as to the actual amount of calories.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maerow
Stats: 185/137/130
WOE: Low carb - various plans
Start Date: July 2005 (low carb)
Heck yeah, if it is working don't fix it! I agree completely!

I love oatmeal, but it doesn't love me. After I eat it my stomach cramps up painfully for hours. It is totally miserable. And I used to hate oatmeal as a kid, my grandma used to make it and it was always SLIME.

Then I found instant oatmeal packets as an adult and fell in love. I had two every morning for weeks but couldn't understand why I was always getting horrible stomach pain. Finally I figured it out. :P Then I was sad.
Maerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
I suppose that's not really the point of this thread, but I felt a bit of hostility in some posts about my information. Perhaps before jumping on someone's info one should do some proper research of their own. I have heard lots of new info on posts and just because it was new to me I didn't assume it was wrong. I stayed open minded and did some research. And more often than not I was the better for it. I learned something new. But I never responded in an aggressive manner because I didn't agree or in their case had the wrong info.I found this a bit hurtful. I have a degree in the health sciences with several classes in nutrition, I don't mind being questioned of course as long as it doesn't feel personal, this did by some.having a blaring huge label posted in my face was a bit much esp when I mentioned that my box said 100 calories also but was still incorrect. I felt that that was not in keeping with the spirit of this forum. Ps. The instant keeps me full for hours!
Vanessa
Right, well, I didn't read the other thread and certainly did not intend to jump down your throat or step on any toes.

Glad you've found somthing that works for you.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote