Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Stats: HW 1/2011: 191 CW: 165 GW: 145, then we'll see
WOE: lost 23 lbs on Medi Weightloss '11, now JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD start: May 15, 2012
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD #2.

I had an Atkins bar for breakfast: 210 calories.

I had a protein shake for what was to be lunch: 160 calories.

I am up to 370 calories on the day and its not even noon yet. My goal is 350 on DD's but I am OK to go to 500. Even with that, I have 130 calores left on the day and I am STARVING. I am drinking a diet coke right now and fantasizing about cheeseburgers and fried chicken.

Please, talk me down or give me some super low cal ideas I can run to the store to get to get me through the afternoon!
practicemakeperfct is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
A whole cucumber, peeled and sliced, topped with canned salmon or tuna, and a little ACV. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
You can make a big filling bowl of oatmeal with two paks instant oatmeal, half banana, vanilla extract, apple pie spice, sf sweetener. Microwave two and one half minutes. Very yummy very filling. It's practically all I eat on my 300 cal DD. You can eat half now half later. You can do this. I broke a three week stall by going down to 300 DD and lose 2 1/2 lb already this week. Hang in there
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I forgot only 108 calories
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Cabbage, laughing cow cheese and chicken! A staple for DD for alot of us. Very filling and very good.

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #6

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I HATE bars and shakes for Down Days! They absolutely don't fill me up, and they cost me a whole lot of calories of the low number I am allotting to the day! Rotten trade-off to my way of thinking!

I have to have plates full of food, bowls full of food... and there are so many great meals that you can have to fill your belly and still stay within your calorie number for the day.

If you spend some time reading in the Down Day Recipes thread, I'm sure you will discover a whole lot of great ideas for filling meals on DDs, and even get great ideas for meals you want to adapt to your own tastes on those days.

One of the best things we do for ourselves on this plan, both for weight loss and for improved health, is doing good DDs on JUDDD, but there is no reason we need to go hungry on those days! Good luck!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I HATE bars and shakes for Down Days! They absolutely don't fill me up, and they cost me a whole lot of calories of the low number I am allotting to the day! Rotten trade-off to my way of thinking!

I have to have plates full of food, bowls full of food... and there are so many great meals that you can have to fill your belly and still stay within your calorie number for the day.

If you spend some time reading in the Down Day Recipes thread, I'm sure you will discover a whole lot of great ideas for filling meals on DDs, and even get great ideas for meals you want to adapt to your own tastes on those days.

One of the best things we do for ourselves on this plan, both for weight loss and for improved health, is doing good DDs on JUDDD, but there is no reason we need to go hungry on those days! Good luck!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
You can make a big filling bowl of oatmeal with two paks instant oatmeal, half banana, vanilla extract, apple pie spice, sf sweetener. Microwave two and one half minutes. Very yummy very filling. It's practically all I eat on my 300 cal DD. You can eat half now half later. You can do this. I broke a three week stall by going down to 300 DD and lose 2 1/2 lb already this week. Hang in there
Vanessa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
I forgot only 108 calories
You mentioned this oatmeal before and I have yet to be able to find any oatmeal, instant or otherwise that is less than 100 calories per pack. Can you let us know what brand you are using please? Thanks Muff!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Ok im goin to go out on a limb here.. first off I would like to say this helped or helps me.. I tell my self.." I am in control here.. you are not starving~" This is one of those head games... And i find that if i keep busy doing things instaed of letting my head tell me i am hungry.. i find that it goes away.. Also.. Any time i feel that nawing i drink water water water... and then i remind my self that for each time i say no to givin in to letting food control me.. i have locked in that progress for that moment or day.. So let gets strong! and Take back control over your head and body~ I mean this with the ut-most love and respect.. so if this was to harsh i wil say i am sorry now.. but somtimes i think we need to just "take back control" Good luck sweetheart.. oh an i drink coffee to keep my stomach grumbles at bay..
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kim, you nailed it. Not at all harsh, just some real honesty!! I dont know if any of you are former smokers, but its a lot like quitting smoking. Just work your way through the craving and it gets better and you get stronger each one you stave off. I dont know why today is so bad. I think I just needed to freak out a bit.

I took Dr J very literal that we should do bars and shakes the first 2 weeks. I am really trying to follow his advice to a "t." Maybe I need to find a lower calorie bar for the next 4 DD's I have to face to survive those 2 weeks of "induction."

I can do much better on real food. Chicken is so my friend!! I know a lot of tricks to stay full on 500 calories or less when I can use real stuff, and I plan for it.

Just a minor freak out. I'm good now. Thanks for talking me off the ledge!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I agree with everything Pat just said. Got to have a plate full of food on DD at least at ONE meal.

Plus, I've discovered protein shakes personally stall me or even make me gaini if I have them with any regularity. I cook with the occasional bit of whey protein in a recipe, but I don't do the shakes much anymore.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicemakeperfct View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kim, you nailed it. Not at all harsh, just some real honesty!! I dont know if any of you are former smokers, but its a lot like quitting smoking. Just work your way through the craving and it gets better and you get stronger each one you stave off. I dont know why today is so bad. I think I just needed to freak out a bit.

I took Dr J very literal that we should do bars and shakes the first 2 weeks. I am really trying to follow his advice to a "t." Maybe I need to find a lower calorie bar for the next 4 DD's I have to face to survive those 2 weeks of "induction."

I can do much better on real food. Chicken is so my friend!! I know a lot of tricks to stay full on 500 calories or less when I can use real stuff, and I plan for it.

Just a minor freak out. I'm good now. Thanks for talking me off the ledge!
Sweetie.. i am sooooo glad you did not take it the wrong way.. that was the last thing i wanted for sure. i just know that i too struggle with what my head tells my body.. and i have been doing this for 2 and half months now.. Some times i just need to grab hold and take back the control .. YES Chicken is my friend too.. i used to wait till i felt i could take it no more.. then cut my chcikn breast in two and slowly eat that half so that my brain could see that i was eating..then if i could wait for a few hours longer i new the other half was waiting when i felt that urge come agin.. surprized how that protein helps keep you full... And please.. keep posting when you need help.. we are here with you to help what we can.. but the control is yours and yours alone..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #13

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I have found, that if I have the TIME , I do much better with actual food. A large salad with tons of veggies and salsa is very low in calories! I do protein shakes in a pinch, but prefer not to use them.!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Kim you are soo right! if I am distracted I feel no hunger but if I am bored the hunger monster lurks!! I have to talk to myslef all the time!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
on my dd I munch on one 100 cal bag of popcorn. makes about 4 servings and have 1 serving per hour starting at about 12. no breakfast. that keeps me munching on something before dinner comes.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I think Dr. J gave the bar/shake recommendation, not because there was something magic about them, but because he wanted to make the transition to counting calories, and only 500 of them, as easy as possible so people wouldn't quit.

If they aren't working for you, there is absolutely NO reason to force yourself through 4 more miserable DD's. Really. Go ahead and have food.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicemakeperfct View Post
DD #2.

I am STARVING. I am drinking a diet coke right now
In March I wrote in this forum telling of how I had quit Diet Coke and experienced an incredible phenomenon. My wild cravings for food, including food with sugar, chocolate etc. completely went away. With the exception of actually being hungry, having that crazy drive for food ended. Didn't expect it, however it is still true today, four months later. Your mileage may vary, however if you really want to get rid of that inexplicable desire for food, try quitting Diet Coke (or any diet drink) even for just a week to see what happens. If you find that you can't quit it (I was under it's spell for years) then time to ask yourself WHY.

To get by today. How about some broth, lettuce with low-sugar rice vinegar or other low calorie dressing. Cucumbers dredged in vinegar. I like the packets of apples from Costco. 90 calories and it's a lot of volume, eat half now half later. Toss in a couple of cups of coffee or tea through the day. The warm liquid may help.

Good luck, you can do this and tomorrow you can eat whatever you like!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I think Dr. J gave the bar/shake recommendation, not because there was something magic about them, but because he wanted to make the transition to counting calories, and only 500 of them, as easy as possible so people wouldn't quit.

If they aren't working for you, there is absolutely NO reason to force yourself through 4 more miserable DD's. Really. Go ahead and have food.
This is really, really encouraging to read. I have had a great afternoon after my little freak out and I think if I can transition to real food on Saturday's DD then this will be much easier.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
In March I wrote in this forum telling of how I had quit Diet Coke and experienced an incredible phenomenon. My wild cravings for food, including food with sugar, chocolate etc. completely went away. With the exception of actually being hungry, having that crazy drive for food ended. Didn't expect it, however it is still true today, four months later. Your mileage may vary, however if you really want to get rid of that inexplicable desire for food, try quitting Diet Coke (or any diet drink) even for just a week to see what happens. If you find that you can't quit it (I was under it's spell for years) then time to ask yourself WHY.

To get by today. How about some broth, lettuce with low-sugar rice vinegar or other low calorie dressing. Cucumbers dredged in vinegar. I like the packets of apples from Costco. 90 calories and it's a lot of volume, eat half now half later. Toss in a couple of cups of coffee or tea through the day. The warm liquid may help.

Good luck, you can do this and tomorrow you can eat whatever you like!

I actually just got back ON the diet coke train, LOL! I went for about 4 years with no caffeine, no artifical sweeteners through trying to concieve, being pregnant twice, and breastfeeding. I weaned DD last month and the FIRST thing i had that I missed was diet coke!!!!!! It might be worthwhile to quit again, while I'm still relatively unaddicted. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
I can whip up a veggie soup in less than 15 minutes and its very filling. Chicken (or veggie broth) with assorted veggies - shredded cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, onions, spinach, parsley). In the beginning, I would make 5 cups of soup - GRAND total about 230 calories. I have never finished all of it.

Something about the "hot" broth keeps me satisfied. HTH! (it gets a lot better)
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Well, I am one that liked the shakes for DD's. Dr. J said to sip them not to gulp them. I liked them because I did not have to think about food. Did NOT use bars. Those things I don't like unless I am traveling and can carry it in my purse. Actually prefer to carry beef jerky and raw almonds instead.

Anyway, I quit Diet Coke and all AS. I agree with NoWeigh. I only use stevia now and I can fast all day on DD's and never get hungry. I agree that Diet Coke just makes one want more to eat. Water with lemon is all I drink now outside of my one cup of coffee with breakfast. Fill up with water and then decide if you are hungry.

On DD's when I really think I might pass out from hunger (yeah right) I drink a mug of hot broth. 5 calories can't be beat.

Sad but DD's are easy for me. It is the UD's that get me.

Now if I could get over my love of Bluebell ice cream I would be a size 2 by the end of summer.

Good luck surviving your DD's. They do get easier.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/153/139 JUDDD 07/28/14
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
I think I'm realising that Diet Coke makes me hungry on DDs too. It's one of the benefits of the 5oo cal limit that you become more aware of what foods are effecting you.

I suffer from gnawing hinger on DDs from 4.00pm onwards so I have got a list of foods I've felt really help.

Hunger busters are salmon (although not very low cal) chicken, oats (made without milk) and coffee with frothy skimmed milk. I've recently learned not to hate cottage cheese too - although not low fat. Sometimes all that will fill that niche in your head hunger is cheese.

Baked beans are very filling and you can get low sugar versions that fill you up for minimal calories.

Cold salad potatoes are the best though. I nibble form a cupful any time I just can't stand it any more.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bevonjuddd
Stats: 18(UK)-198/12/14-158/12-140 - 5'7" - Age 51
Start Date: 02.01.12
Self talk - anything you crave today, you can have tomorrow (but I often find that I've stpped craving by then). I second what others have said steer clear of the diet coke.
bevonjuddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #24

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am late here, but I agree on the real food options. It is amazing what you can eat for 500 calories. And homemade vegetable soup is one of my standbys too, along with huge salads that take forever to eat, and tasty proteins like tuna and tasty chicken.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote