Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Magic with the right mix

After taking some very good advice from my Buddds I gained a better understanding of what I call the two equations of Juddd. The first part of the equation is to keep to the rotations. The second part is to respect your calories. I wasn't losing because while I was respecting my calories, my calories, on my DD were wrong. I incorrectly assumed that after the first two weeks I could stay at 500 for DD. not true. For me 500 DD were very close to maintenance. I was like a hamster running in a wheel, doing it but going nowhere. I lowered my DD calories to between 275-300 and this week I have already lost 2 1/2 lbs.

I have always tried to make my DD to not be about food so this really didn't make too big a difference to me. For me I was putting too much emphasis on my UD calories and little to none on DD calories. Some people may be doing the opposite. What I get now is you have to get both days right for the " magic" to work. But even though it took some work on my part, it really does still feel a lot like magic
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hugs, JUDDD BUDDD Friend!

This is pretty exciting news. I think 500 calorie DDs for your needs was on the high end, since you are already quite petite, and while you could expect weight loss to happen - slowly - eventually - very slowly - LOL - for weight loss at a little better pace, it just took getting rid of those several hundred extra calories that the DDs were contributing to your weekly total.

Glad to hear this has been a good week for weight loss for you! Wishing you continued success!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #3

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!

I always love it when the magic appears!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
After taking some very good advice from my Buddds I gained a better understanding of what I call the two equations of Juddd. The first part of the equation is to keep to the rotations. The second part is to respect your calories. I wasn't losing because while I was respecting my calories, my calories, on my DD were wrong. I incorrectly assumed that after the first two weeks I could stay at 500 for DD. not true. For me 500 DD were very close to maintenance. I was like a hamster running in a wheel, doing it but going nowhere. I lowered my DD calories to between 275-300 and this week I have already lost 2 1/2 lbs.

I have always tried to make my DD to not be about food so this really didn't make too big a difference to me. For me I was putting too much emphasis on my UD calories and little to none on DD calories. Some people may be doing the opposite. What I get now is you have to get both days right for the " magic" to work. But even though it took some work on my part, it really does still feel a lot like magic
Really happy to read this! I know it's been frustrating for you, but looks like you've got it goin' now!

My best to you!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Leah
Stats: 144/144/122 5'5'' 36yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 1, 2013
That's great!

I have been learning this too, but it was my UD that were too high. Since getting my UD under control I have lost 3 lbs this past week after a 3 week stall. I upped my DD calories from 360 to about 550 (It helps me not be so hungry on UD), and bringing my UD from 1800 or more down to 1650. So far this week it is working great but I also might need to bring my DD back down to 350 next week. I'll wait til weight loss slows again. I am learning like someone posted on another thread, this is a DIET and if you do it as it is outlined it will work!
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Happy for you~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Wonderful results!

The numbers often need tweaking, since we are all unique. For some it's up with one, down with the other, and somebody else will be opposite. Or down with both. It just takes time to get it worked out. But once you do...ahh, magic.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
WTG! I'm lowing my DD calories to 335 to see if that helps me. Been stalled for a month. I hope I do as well trying that as you are doing!
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I so appreciate all of your support, I couldn't have hung in there without you! Buttoni I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference lowering your DD calories will make. Juddd is really quite a balancing act between our UD and DD, their relationship to each other is very important and easily unbalanced. But I think in time each person finds their sweet spot and hence the magic.
The key I think is to really follow what is calculated for you. Had I been more literal I would weigh a bit less right now. I'm really looking forward to fitting into some of my formerly too tight summer dresses.But I really am loving my bigger ta tas. Somehow none of the weight is leaving from there, fingers crossed.
Vanessa
Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Thank you for sharing your experience with us newbies!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
Muffabuff you have such beautiful eyes! I bet you hear that a lot though huh?
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thank you babykinz your too kind! Is that a Maltese I see in you canoe? I think it's so adorable that you took you dog with you on your outing. I have three dogs but when my kids were growing up we had nine. They had to take turns going for outings.
I'm very happy to share anything I can with newbies, if I can keep anyone from making some of the mistakes that I have made, that would make me very happy. I still feel that I still have so much more to learn about this woe. As soon as I'm sure I've totally straightened out my numbers, I'd like to go back to the book and learn more about the other benefits of IF.

I have RA ( rheumatoid arthritis) and occasional asthma so the anti inflammatory benefits of IF are of great importance to me. There are certain times when I have to take prescription strength anti inflammatory medication when it really acts up. Also 20 lbs ago I fear what my chlosterole was

I think we are a lucky bunch to have stumbled upon Juddd and especially this group of very lovely women I really do adore you all, each of you always has something special to add and this recipe of gals makes for a very nice "cake".
Vanessa
Old 05-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
so glad you found the way to handle your eating on down days. You are a tiny thing!
I have found that adding a full fast day every week is helping me in my rotation. Cheers!!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Woot woot, and I also think you have the loveliest eyes (and the rest).
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/174.8/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: August 2014
I'm also thinking of lowering my DDs, I've been losing just fine but I think I can cut 100 of my DD cals and not have too much trouble. I may also try a coffee/tea fast on my DD tomorrow and see if I can handle that, just for curiositys sake.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote