Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   One week on JUDD and the scale has moved (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/771847-one-week-judd-scale-has-moved.html)

tobelowcarber 05-16-2012 04:45 PM

One week on JUDD and the scale has moved

Today is 1 week since I started JUDD. I came from Atkins and am still continuing with lower carbs (probably anywhere from 20-35). My starting weight was 128.5 and 30% body fat. So, I lost 1 lb and 1% of body fat, down to 127.5 and 29% BF. I have not checked my weight the whole week and I thought I will see at least 2 lb drop as I feel and look smaller. But hey, I am very happy with the 1 lb. It is TOM and so maybe there is some water ratention. The DD were not easy for me. I will try to stick to 500 calories this week, but if does not work, I think I will go up to 700 cal. I am reading the past posts and learing so much from you guys. Thank you!!!

KeirasMom 05-16-2012 04:51 PM

Awesome job! 1 pound in a week is great when you're so close to goal!

SoHappy 05-16-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 15659948)
Today is 1 week since I started JUDD. I came from Atkins and am still continuing with lower carbs (probably anywhere from 20-35). My starting weight was 128.5 and 30% body fat. So, I lost 1 lb and 1% of body fat, down to 127.5 and 29% BF. I have not checked my weight the whole week and I thought I will see at least 2 lb drop as I feel and look smaller. But hey, I am very happy with the 1 lb. It is TOM and so maybe there is some water ratention. The DD were not easy for me. I will try to stick to 500 calories this week, but if does not work, I think I will go up to 700 cal. I am reading the past posts and learing so much from you guys. Thank you!!!

To my way of looking at this, to have lost a pound on the scale at the same time it is TOM... notorious for accompanying bloat, water retention, and general bit of weight gain, really speaks well for how you did in your first week of JUDDD.

I expect that once TOM is past you will see a nice loss on the scale. And then you will see the true amount of body fat you actually lost this first week. It could certainly be more than just a pound. It might just be that as you lost body fat, that was countered by a gain of water weight, and the scale couldn't tell you that was happening.

I'll look forward to your report from next week, and from the week after that. I'll bet you will have lost weight that is true body fat weight! Wishing you much success!

mykidsteacher 05-16-2012 06:26 PM

Agreeing with both previous posters (being close to goal and TOM and still losing a pound is excellent!). WTG!

casmira 05-17-2012 12:35 AM

Personally, the 1lb of weight is good, but I think the 1% reduction in body fat is the real victory here.

tobelowcarber 05-22-2012 12:36 PM

Update:

Lost another 2 lb since last Wednesday :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:so I am down to 124.5 and body fat down to 28%. That's a big jump for me in 1 week (and I am still in TOM). I have added more carbs (I was on atkins previously) eating lots of berries and today I had my first apple since April. I am still kind of scared of carbs.
I am really sooooo happy about the scale moving down and I wanted to share my happiness with my JUDD Budds.

sterlinggirl 05-22-2012 01:09 PM

:jumpjoy: Oh i love to read these kind of storys! WTG you are doing great!~