Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Skye
Stats: 146/138/122
WOE: Finishing HCG Headed to JUDDD
Start Date: January 2011 off and on
HCG--Oldie... JUDDD--Newbie

Hi Girls (and Guys)

I have been lurking for a month or 2, I was waiting till I actually start JUDDING before posting..

First I have to say, I have NEVER seen a group of more loving, supportive and positive people in my LIFE!

I was on the another HCG forum for a long time and while I met some amazing people that I now call friends, I have to say the majority of them were negative to the point of nastiness. One slip up/cheat, they crucified you and sent you to HCG hell.

So thank you for making it so welcoming here, you guys ROCK!

Last year I did my first HCG round, went from 146 (I'm 5'7") to (my lowest ever) 123. (LIW was 126) I haven't been 123 since I was way to short to be 123 I stabilized pretty well for a few months but with parties, BBQ's, unknown food sensitivities- I was doing one too many correction days. I would panic if I went above 125 (I wish I was 125 now!) So like an IDIOT I decided to go for another round to get me some wiggle room and a lower LIW.. DUMB MOVE!

I reloaded, gained 12lbs in 2 days, got that off, went to a Christening, had some wine and opened the door to cheating all the way thru my P2. I feel like once you cheat on HCG it is next to impossible to get back to following the protocol perfectly. I finally ended that miserable excuse for wasted time at 124.. I know, dumb..

This brings me to diving into last summer -P3- in "cheating mode." Skipped the scale all summer and just had (too much) fun.. Got back on the scale in Sept at 143 with the intention of cycling HCG around the holidays to keep my weight in check, knowing I couldn't do a proper round until Jan 1. Bad Idea # 2..

After loading for what I thought would be another successful round that would bring me back to the previous years 123, I was 151! WT? This round went on forever, I got down to 130 in March when I took a planned interruption for an unplanned trip and never got back on the scale. From there I would do good all week, lose it on the weekends and start over on Monday.

This became a never ending cycle. All I wanted was to get off HCG to start JUDDD. but not until I felt like I was below 130.. Finally I said forget it, I can't live like this. I kept pigging out b/c honestly who can live like that? It is a quick fix that not many people can maintain.

So I bit the bullet last week and finally got on the scale at 138.. HORRIBLE!! But even tho I have a frig full of HCG, I can't do it anymore, probably not for a loooooong time, if ever.

That brings me here.. My first real up day and loving it! I had a bagel and I was allowed to have a bagel.. How weird is that? My numbers are 381 and 1903. I choose one to two levels down from my normal exercise level. Tomorrow my menu is actually 419 cals but I am not going to stress over it, if it takes me longer and allows me to have a life and not be a hermit that will be so worth it!

Thanks for being awesome guys!!
Skye is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Welcome!!!!!

Once you get used to the rotations, everything falls in place!! Its the easiest WOE I have ever been on!! I think you will love it here!!!

Oh yeah....for the first few weeks until you get used to it, you can have 500 calories a down day!! I do suggest going back to the calculator and taking the lower numbers for your UD's!! Then you will know a range you can be in! I know, I know most say eat up to but not over your UD calories. But I really like that cushion. I have days that I grab and go and forget until after I already am thisclose to my limit and end up way over!!! But when I look closer I am still in my range and I dont panic!!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 05-15-2012 at 08:36 PM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Katie!

I know I should do that, and I will.. I was just so excited to legally eat real food today I went a little nutso!

I got that out of my system and now I know-- for me I need to save most of my cals for dinner! YUM!

Friday will be the biggest challenge.. I have a feeling I will prefer the weeks UD's fall on Fri & Sun..

=)
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
Don't forget the shakes part. Shakes on down days for first two weeks.

I found using a powder mixed with ice and water in a smoothie blender worked best rather than the premixed stuff, because I could use half the usual mix amount of powder, and get in more shakes.

It tastes a bit thin, but still fills me up. Welcome to the party!
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Shakes are great if you like them. Most of us used real food and just weighed and measured everything and had great success.

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I think you will really like JUDDD!!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I had success with hCG, too, but like you, maintenance was the pits. I was doing two "maintenance" rounds a year to keep me in the 150's, although I really wanted to be in the 140's. Finally, I decided to give JUDDD a go, and it's the smartest decision I EVER made.

I'm 5'7", too, but almost 55 and post-menopausal, and hypothyroid. I had set my goal at 145. I ended my last round at 147, but immediately jumped up to 151, which is typical for me. I started eating 500 calories on my DDs and 1800-1900 on my UDs, with no exercise, and the weight slowly came down, much to my pleasure. I ate all the wonderful foods on holidays and at family gatherings. I made my goal within a few weeks, and then continued to slide down. At one point, I made it to 136 (which I've left in my siggy), but I usually maintain between 138 and 141. Now that I've maintained awhile, I've discovered I can eat as many as 3000 calories on my UDs as long as my DDs continue to be 600 calories. I feel no need to raise my DD calories, as it's a very cleansing, calming day for me. I also love to eat, and that seems to be the magic for me to be able to eat a lot on UDs and not gain weight.

I think you're going to love this WOE. It may take a little while to get the kinks out, but JUDDD is very, very forgiving. If you screw up today, do better tomorrow.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Guys,

I am really looking forward to having a WOE I can live with forever.. If I can sometimes have 3000 cals like you, redhead, that would be amazing!!

I am not much of a shake person unless it is a treat. Today I will be eating egg whites, laughing cows and cucumbers.. While planning for tomorrow
Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
HI and !!

I relate to your HCG story. I lost quite a bit on HCG only I did it umpty ump times and in the end could not maintain without HCG. The lovely thing about HCG is the speed of loss, but if you can't keep it off in the end, the speed of loss doesn't mean a great deal.

Theredhead is such a great success story. I want to be like her when I grow up!
Welcome and best wishes on a successful JUDDD journey!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Theredhead is such a great success story. I want to be like her when I grow up!
Welcome and best wishes on a successful JUDDD journey!
Me, too. Especially since I, too, am almost 55 and post-menopausal!

Welcome, Skye. Also wanted to mention when I first did JUDDD a few years ago, this eating "forbidden" or long-neglected food was nicknamed the "honeymoon phase" of JUDDD. It's wonderful to eat things you haven't for a long time! The newness will wear off once everything no longer is thought of as "forbidden".
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #11

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Welcome to the group. I am 5'8" and my calorie levels are 500/2000 those are off just a bit from the website but not much. When I first started my dd's were 700 and I have gradually worked them down to 500. Do shakes if you want...or not, your choice!

Come here to chat, learn and ask questions. You are right, this is a GREAT group!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: icecreamjunkie
Stats: 295/267/170
WOE: HCG Rx R2/P2 (6 week rounds)/JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 17, 2012 R1/ April 29th R2/ May 12 JUDDD
Ok, have a post hcg newbie juddd question.
I was doing round two of hcg this past month.....and it just did nothing...BUT i do think there i something going on blood work/thyroid related. I got off the hcg last weekend, after a girl scout cookie fiasco! Sunday was 260.8 (only a 2lb gain from a box of samoas!) then saturday was 256.6....then monday was 260.2 then yesterday was 262 something and today was 263.8! I have been averaging 2100 cals on my up days and about 600 on my down days. Since I am TECHNICALLY still in p3 and should be maintaining (though i would rather be losing) My numbers should be 2350/465 for the 20%....but even with a bit higher dd do ya'll see the range of gains like that? I am 5'9" and 260ish...depending on the day!

I just am new to the whole juddd thing and not sure what to expect from the scale as far as ups and downs. Yesterday was a down day...so i expected to sts today. I was a bit bummed to see the up on the scale! I was a bit puffy last night....odd after a down day so I suspect it is a water gain. This is my medical problem we are trying to figure out! I keep getting edema in my ankles.

sigh....i just want to make this work! Thanks for the advice!

icecreamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamjunkie View Post
Ok, have a post hcg newbie juddd question.
I was doing round two of hcg this past month.....and it just did nothing...BUT i do think there i something going on blood work/thyroid related. I got off the hcg last weekend, after a girl scout cookie fiasco! Sunday was 260.8 (only a 2lb gain from a box of samoas!) then saturday was 256.6....then monday was 260.2 then yesterday was 262 something and today was 263.8! I have been averaging 2100 cals on my up days and about 600 on my down days. Since I am TECHNICALLY still in p3 and should be maintaining (though i would rather be losing) My numbers should be 2350/465 for the 20%....but even with a bit higher dd do ya'll see the range of gains like that? I am 5'9" and 260ish...depending on the day!

I just am new to the whole juddd thing and not sure what to expect from the scale as far as ups and downs. Yesterday was a down day...so i expected to sts today. I was a bit bummed to see the up on the scale! I was a bit puffy last night....odd after a down day so I suspect it is a water gain. This is my medical problem we are trying to figure out! I keep getting edema in my ankles.

sigh....i just want to make this work! Thanks for the advice!
Check out the daily weigh-in threads to see how much bounce happens. Here's a link.

JUDDD Daily Weigh-In Tracker--May 2012

There are also a couple of threads about the bouncing ball which is how JUDDD works for most people. You could do a search for those. There's one where we posted graphs of our weigh-ins and it's just like a ball bouncing down a staircase. It bounces down, then up, then down a little further, then up again, etc., but the overall trend ends up being downward. HTH.

ETA: Here's the bouncing ball thread: My Bouncing Ball Stairway Chart

JUDDD got me where I want to be!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 05-16-2012 at 09:54 AM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Skye!! We're so glad to have you here. Enjoy it all, my new JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for all the welcomes, I still cannot get over how nice you all are!! Loving it!!

Ice cream, I decided to weigh once a week for now, after a down day. After coming from HCG and eating carbs right off the bat, I can FEEL the water weight. I know that if I actually had a number to go with my puffiness I would freak out and mix a new batch of HCG.. I don't want to go there so even if I am only down a tiny bit on Saturday I am OK with it..

I think next week I am going to try and do a more LC version (except for my weekend UD) but right now I am dreaming of bagels and pizza. It has been a life-time since they were allowed and I want to NOM-NOM-NOM without the guilt!

I finally feel like I am allowed to live like a normal person! I even had 15 good and plenty today
Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: icecreamjunkie
Stats: 295/267/170
WOE: HCG Rx R2/P2 (6 week rounds)/JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 17, 2012 R1/ April 29th R2/ May 12 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes, I still cannot get over how nice you all are!! Loving it!!

Ice cream, I decided to weigh once a week for now, after a down day. After coming from HCG and eating carbs right off the bat, I can FEEL the water weight. I know that if I actually had a number to go with my puffiness I would freak out and mix a new batch of HCG.. I don't want to go there so even if I am only down a tiny bit on Saturday I am OK with it..

I think next week I am going to try and do a more LC version (except for my weekend UD) but right now I am dreaming of bagels and pizza. It has been a life-time since they were allowed and I want to NOM-NOM-NOM without the guilt!

I finally feel like I am allowed to live like a normal person! I even had 15 good and plenty today
Ya know, i totally think you are on to something with the carbs. I had such a horrible r2 that i abandoned it mid stream (after 3 weeks of gains...i am having edema issues bad!) and decided to do juddd...but i took the UD too literally and went a bit crazy w/ sugars and carbs a couple of days! I need to set my mind straight to at least lc it till i get the weight back down more, get to exercising more and then slowly start adding more healthy ones back in. No RV Cupcakes for a while. Plus, i really do want to stick more with my paleo woe! I just feel better!

I need to keep in mind that this sudden jump i'm experiencing is a result of several way UDs with sugar and carbs involved and not because my body isn't working....."I" wasn't working! lol
icecreamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #17

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lovely to have you here Skye (like the Isle of Skye, such a beautiful place.)
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote