Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ticktock
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2012
Have any of you lost significant weight on JUDDD??

Had a peep at the daily weigh section and googled but cant see anyone having lost a lot of weight on JUDDD... is this a very new WOE?

Has anyone lost lots?? have seen a lot of signatures where ppl lost a few pounds, or weighing every day but top and bottom of list pretty much the same.... wondering if this is more of a maintain diet rather than weight loss?
ticktock is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
Had a peep at the daily weigh section and googled but cant see anyone having lost a lot of weight on JUDDD... is this a very new WOE?

Has anyone lost lots?? have seen a lot of signatures where ppl lost a few pounds, or weighing every day but top and bottom of list pretty much the same.... wondering if this is more of a maintain diet rather than weight loss?
I've lost 20 pounds in six weeks doing JUDDD. Significant? Well, to me it is.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I started JUDDD 12/12/11 and I hit 50 lbs yesterday. (60 total with JUDDD and Atkins) I still have somewhere between 40 and 60 lbs left to lose and I will absolutely lose it with JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

thanks for replys, its helpful to know ppl have lost weight and both of you I would definately say significant weight loss! Well, I will give it my best shot and see how I get on!, I do need to do a bit more research as dont really understand it, stumbled accross it and thought thats a good way to use my VLCD packs up and not have wasted the money lol
Old 05-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
I've lost 20 pounds in six weeks doing JUDDD. Significant? Well, to me it is.
Yup, me too! Yeah us!!!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #6

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
JUDDD has followers who only come aboard this plan to lose their last 5 or 10 pounds, and they are using JUDDD to get to goal and then maintain.

But we also have people on JUDDD who have lost 50 pounds, over 100 pounds, and 200 pounds!!! That is pretty major!

It doesn't matter at all where you start.. only that you can get to goal using this method of cycling your calorie intake, using the Up Day/Down Day way of eating, fasting and then feasting all the way to goal weight and into maintenance. All while eating whatever food choices appeal to you.

We have followers who stick to a very low carb diet, and those who enjoy plenty of carby foods daily. We have folks who follow paleo/primal ways of eating, vegetarian, diets that restrict certain foods that they are sensitive/allergic to, and those who are even doing the Weight Watchers program using Points.. and they figure out how to do that following the JUDDD cycle of eating.

The one thing that we don't claim is that you will necessarily lose weight FAST! Some do, but some don't. This is truly a very healing way of eating, and sometimes there is some balancing of our internal workings to be attended to before weight loss happens. JUDDD can attend to that balancing.

We often have huge weight fluctuations on this plan, so when you try to see somebody's reported week, it's sometimes hard to tell whether they are losing or just bouncing. LOL We usually average the seven days morning weigh-in numbers, and then see what the average for the week was. Not the high or the low, but just the average. And then we compare that to the average of last week and the weeks before. And that's where we see we are losing weight as we eat a bowl of ice cream.

Most of us experience a pound or two of weight loss on most weeks, and sometimes there are folks who get more than that on some weeks. And then there are those weeks of no weight loss, even though we did JUDDD perfectly that week. Go figure. And then the next week usually catches us up. But it's all different for us all. Just like any other weight loss plan differs in how it works from person to person. I was thrilled to average a single pound a week overall. But, I'm a slow loser for the most part. And some weeks were far better than that.

Hope you'll join us here. It's fabulous to eat whatever foods you enjoy and still be able to lose weight! And improve your health! And rev up your metabolism! And.. eat whatever foods you enjoy. (Oh, did I already mention that?)

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-15-2012 at 09:00 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bevonjuddd
Stats: 18(UK)-198/12/14-158/12-140 - 5'7" - Age 51
Start Date: 02.01.12
I'm down 31lbs since January, but I have had a few weeks off here and there, so it could have been more. 2lbs per week most of the time.
bevonjuddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
33 ugly pounds gone since starting JUDDD mid-November.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Two days from today (Thursday) will mark the 8th week since I've been living the JUDDD life.

I've gone from 227 to 198. 29 pounds lost.

Wildly exceeded my expectations (understatement).

I had (and still have) quite a bit of fat to jettison and I realize that as I approach my goal (not yet set), the pounds won't fly off nearly as fast as they have.

But that's fine by me.

A pound a week is still 52 pounds a year.

A pound every other week is still 26 pounds a year.

A pound a month is still 12 pounds a year.

The health benefits alone are worth it!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #10

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Two days from today (Thursday) will mark the 8th week since I've been living the JUDDD life.

I've gone from 227 to 198. 29 pounds lost.

Wildly exceeded my expectations (understatement).

I had (and still have) quite a bit of fat to jettison and I realize that as I approach my goal (not yet set), the pounds won't fly off nearly as fast as they have.

But that's fine by me.

A pound a week is still 52 pounds a year.

A pound every other week is still 26 pounds a year.

A pound a month is still 12 pounds a year.

The health benefits alone are worth it!
Beautifully said.

I've lost 22 pounds on JUDDD (the other 100 pounds from low-carb and then low calorie) and I am now maintaining my losses and deciding whether to lose more.

It is not necessarily a fast weight loss program, although there can be some amazingly quick downward movements on the scale in just a short time, usually at the beginning. But it's an easy way to lose weight, in that you diet only half the time. It's also tremendously good for health, my DH has seen major improvements in his blood pressure as well as losing weight. My arthritis is much much better. Pat is right, there is healing that goes on as well as losing. Sometimes the healing is much more important, and we can lose sight of that by only looking at the scale numbers.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Thankyou for the info ) well I had a slim & save shake for breakfast followed by their spaghetti pack, then 3/4 of atkins advantage bar, all good but....then an english muffin with butter oopsie! apx 750 cals so double the 363 I was meant to have if 20%! did say I would be happy to just maintain tho until after holiday so should still do that if have 750 cals every DD, so hard to not eat when I feel like I haven't eaten for properly for ages!! tomorrow is another day lol x
Old 05-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #12

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yes it is. Forgive yourself, move on, try again, and soon you'll be flying along!

We all stumble once in a while. Consider it part of the learning curve.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #13

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
Thankyou for the info ) well I had a slim & save shake for breakfast followed by their spaghetti pack, then 3/4 of atkins advantage bar, all good but....then an english muffin with butter oopsie! apx 750 cals so double the 363 I was meant to have if 20%! did say I would be happy to just maintain tho until after holiday so should still do that if have 750 cals every DD, so hard to not eat when I feel like I haven't eaten for properly for ages!! tomorrow is another day lol x
I understand what you are saying, and I can completely understand how difficult it would be to try a diet like this one without eating REAL FOOD!

Down Days are a little hard for some of us to do properly right at first, and you are not the only one to eat too high on DDs at first. I also could not go as low as even 500 calories to begin with. I always did eat 500 calories and was proud of myself... and then I most often broke before bedtime and dove into a bowl of cereal or something.

But it's not too long before you are *smart* about what to eat on your DDs to keep you feeling pretty satisfied. And even full.

But those Up Days are very important too. Those are the day you should EAT. Eat up to your calorie number, and eat FOOD. This is the day of feeding that is going to support you on your coming DD. It's the day that is going to send you into the next DD with lots of stored nutrition/energy to tide you over. So eat well on your UDs.

Good luck. You'll get the hang of JUDDD, and then you'll be losing weight with the best of them! How exciting is that?!!! Woo Hoo!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Cannot give you any better advice than what you have already received. Just wanted to say .

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Stats: HW 1/2011: 191 CW: 165 GW: 145, then we'll see
WOE: lost 23 lbs on Medi Weightloss '11, now JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD start: May 15, 2012
Great thread! And those of you who have been at this a bit...congrats!! I am excited to be joining you!!

I am equally excited about the health benefits as the weight loss. I looking for all around health improvements and not "just" a "quick fix." I am an autoimmune case (hypothyroidism, endometriosis) and I know inflamation can really affect the body. Anyway...great thread, and great work by you all!!
practicemakeperfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

What a friendly bunch! thanks for all the advice, I will no doubt be asking more questions lol. So glad today is an UD!! buttered toast breakfast, corned beef & salad sandwich with apple for lunch and spag bol for dinner. Am useless with cals but guesstimating about 1700 for that so still have enough left for something nice ) think after holiday (when i will start doing it properly!) i am going to invest in a calories book! x
Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have a calorie book but prefer an online calculator. I use ******.com just because I started with it years ago and do not feel the need to learn a new system. I rarely eat out and do not make complicated foods at home so it works for me.
It is VERY important to track calories. Guesstimating never works for me. I get shocked at how many calories I end up with when trying to guess or thinking Oh a small piece won't be that much. It is though.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
The other thing is, of course, counting calories helps you to confidently maximise the volume you can eat on a DD, very important on some days, though barely matters on others.

For example, for lunch today I have a ginormous salad which has a grand total of 65 calories in it. And today is one of those days I feel the need of a full tummy. Knowing what foods will fill your tummy for few calories is a really good thing.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Just wanted to say. It's kind of funny, sometimes when it's my UD it feels like its always an UD. Then when it's a DD I'm like it's already a DD! The rotations seem to whirl by so fast. My point I guess is you never have to do without for very long. And with Juddd you technically don't have to really do without because there is no food you cannot have. it's just a matter of how much you can have, and you can always have more next time.

It really frees you from that feeling you get right before you start yet another diet so you have a " last binge" weekend and stuff yourself with all the goodies you think you will never get to eat again. No telling how much weight I gained starting all my new diets. Once nothing is forbidden it really loses a lot of its power over you.expect yourself NOT to be perfect right away and all the time, it really takes a bit to find your perfect fit, I'm on my 7 th or 8 th week and I've just now found my correct fit with the help of my lovely Juddd Buddds.

Come here often and ask for whatever you need. This forum, I'll speak just for myself, is a big part of my success staying on this woe even when the scale wasn't moving. And helping me find the way to make it move. You can do this.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD

Ive lost 26 pounds in , i think, 11 weeks...with much more to go, but its steadily coming off and I do not feel deprived knowing I can eat what ever I want( every other day ).

I have a significant amount to lose but I hope I get to be one of those amazing success stories with the before and after pictures to inspire people.

Last edited by babykinz; 05-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: i forgot the hug.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote