Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ticktock
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2012
newbie needing advice!

Have read up on JUDDD and decided to give it a go. I did 3wks on slime & saven meal replacement diet then had 3 days off and started JUDDD Sunday! I get UD and DD but what does MD mean? and WOA?

Sticking to my s&s meal replacement products on DD's but not sure abt adding up the cals on UD's, I have no idea on cals and dont fancy adding up every last thing in a stew or spag bol then guessing portion weight etc! Do a lot of u guesstimate on UD's?!

Also, can anyone tell me what kind of success they have had on JUDDD?? I am expecting to gain at first as coming from VLCD! only 18 days till holiday! x
ticktock is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

slime & saven?!!! lmao!! obviously i meant slim and save lol!!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
WOE means "way of eating". Some people prefer to say that rather than diet, because diet suggests an extreme and temporary change in the way you eat.

MD is a medium day, if you add a DD to an UD and divide by 2.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome! LOL at the typo. I was scratching my head a bit.

Many of us use ************ for calorie tracking. There is a recipe function where you can put all the ingredients in and the number of servings and it will give you a per serving nutrient breakdown. I use it a lot as almost all of my meals are cooked from scratch.

Guesstimating can get you in trouble in a couple of ways. Obviously, you might underestimate and eat way over your calorie limits. But you could also OVER estimate and end up way below your UD calorie limits, which can be just as bad because your body doesn't get enough to pull out of the starvation stress response, your metabolism slows and weight loss stops (or even reverses). And then, because you aren't fueled up, DD's can get harder as well.

So counting, especially at first, is really recommended. Most of us find we eat the same things over and over, so in a short time, you have a repertoire of meals built up and it's easier to estimate.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice, am ok with ready made things that have the cals on the pack but making food from scratch means looking online to find out cals in onion, carrot, mince etc...think will do my best for next 18 days, not really looking to lose weight before holiday just dont want to gain back all the 13lb I have lost, intend to put more effort in after holiday!! whether that be 'slime & save' lol or JUDDD xx
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan

I read your first post as "slime" and "slaven", and thought to myself, "Yep, a person would probably lose drinking slime and slaving away."

/need more coffee and my reading glasses

Like the others have said, it really is important to track the calories. And if you're a scratch cooker it does sound like a lot of work. It's really not so bad, though, if you use something like ************. The next time you fix that particular recipe it'll already be figured out for you.

To your success!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
My experience? Guesstimating calories got me fat in the first place.

Tracking all my cals is work, sure, but getting ugly surprises on the scale will really demoralize me.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Guesstimating is a recipe for failure. In my way of seeing things, Juddd is made up of two parts of an equation. First you must stick to your rotations. Second, you must understand your calorie numbers and stick to them like glue. It is a very delicate balance and messing up on your calories even by a couple hundred too little or too much can throw the balance off and result in no weight loss. It's very important to measure and weigh your food.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:43 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
With meals from scratch - my lovely DH weighs everything - tells me the weight - and then I work it out!! Only for one pot meals! For everything else - I just weigh and count. The online calculators make it easy!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
There are some calorie conscious cookbooks that do give you how many portions the recipe makes and how many calories per portion. I know I have some but I have about a hundred cookbooks and don't relish going through them all to find those. When I do I will share some of the recipes.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, am finding DD's really hard tbh, not quite sure how I managed to eat less than DD for 21 days solid yet cant do it for 1 day now! started off with meal replacement shake then ww soup, was on 230cals but then had buttered muffin & a penguin! had salad, potato salad and buttered roll for tea...not a great DD!! holiday not for 2wks but am already in holiday mode!, not going to stress about it, will keep watchful eye on what I am eating and try JUDDD or go back to TFR after holiday..3 wks isnt long to wait, my head is just not in it now! xx
Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
I do just guesstimate my calories and I AM NOT losing very fast, but I am losing. I lost 10 pounds the first month.
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
I do just guesstimate my calories and I AM NOT losing very fast, but I am losing. I lost 10 pounds the first month.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD

************ has a really great calorie counter and even has counts for homemade items.

I think a lot of people here have has great success with JUDDD, some come from Low Carbing, some from HGC and some from France, where ever you come from I think you will adapt quite nicely and the JUDDD magic will kick right in.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
slime & saven?!!! lmao!! obviously i meant slim and save lol!!
What a relief.

How is it going?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

not great tbh!! being 'careful' one day and not quite as careful the next! thats about all I can commit to for next cpl of wks! on plus side, quite VLCD 9 days ago and have only regained 1lb! not bad really!

How are you finding JUDDD? xx