Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
JUDDD is still a diet for me.

Hi all,

You've seen a couple of my posts by now to know how grateful I am for two things: the alternate-day diet, and this group of wonderfully supportive women.

I have gotten the knowledge I needed to keep JUDDD from becoming just another failed plan. I got SERIOUS about my goals, and stayed on course, even when the plan I used didn't work any more (Atkins). I make no apologies for low carb failing, it's just my body's way of saying "Nuh uh, girlie. Not this time."

So when I literally stumbled across this group, I initially dismissed it. I was on course. I was doing Atkins. I didn't need the distraction. Then of course, three weeks of stalling right after Induction caused me to scurry in search of that elusive "something else".

So I came back here, and started reading. The rest as they say, is history. In November, I started JUDDDing, with absolutely no faith this would actually work out to be THE plan. I even started blogging about it, as the JUDDD Experiment.

Well, 26 weeks in, and I'm lower than I've been in 13 years. I've gone down slowly, though, and that's the point of this post. I find that losing a pound a week is a huge accomplishment. I am almost 51. I am healthy. I may or may not have a sluggish thyroid, but I know I have a hard time losing weight, no matter the approach.

I have been reading about the women who are struggling. I see posts about changing it up, lemon water, playing with the numbers, and just being patient, because the nature of this diet is that it must work.

I do agree, it MUST work, but I believe some ladies need more time than others, and others need to stop expecting the same results as others have had. It's a harsh reality when others around you have made goal and you just keep chugging along, waiting for your miracle.

So here's my two cents, based entirely on my own experience and what I've also seen. Please accept this in the spirit it is given.

1. The most prevalent way for JUDDD to stop working is to starve your body. I have eaten over my UP days way too often, and I track diligently, so I know when I'm overdoing it. Not cheating, but just taking in too many calories in a day, over and over. It WILL stop losses. I can't imagine UNDER eating working either.

2. Salt. Additives. Sweeteners. Sneaky crap like that will hurt you IF you are sensitive to it. Obviously, salt is everyone's problem. It can bump me up 3 pounds in one day. Yup, three... The other stuff I can manage, but I just figured out the reason for my skin breakouts is carrageenan. It's an additive in cottage cheese, ice cream, non-dairy creamers, some non-dairy milks, and on and on. I can't imagine it only affects me badly. It's also linked to digestive problems.

3. Um, exercise. Move more. This doesn't seem to be stressed here, and even though JUDDD works without exercise (I'm proof of that!!!), if I were to stop losing even the modest 1 lb a week I set myself, I would haul buns to the gym, or pop in that DVD, or start up the Wii. Something.

4. Meds. Some will make you gain, but by now you all know that. If you're taking something new, it could be an issue, or even if you're taking something you always took, this approach might be messing with it. Illnesses will also force adjustments, like hypothyroidism.

5. Water. Won't even go into this, it's been covered ad nauseum. Drink.

6. Hormones. Female ones. They're not just for TOM. They crank up a full two weeks before that time, when ovulation comes around. They will affect me differently each and every month. Sometimes it's cravings, other times it's bloat, other times it's emotional instability. Or a mix.

7. Other hormones, related to diet. The ones that can really screw with you are the leptin/ghrelin combo. Science hasn't even figured this one out yet, but those hormones are the ones responsible for metabolic slowdown, hunger, cravings, head games, and other nasties. They will derail a diet faster than you can say chocolate. And once you hit maintenance, they're still trying to get you to gain weight back. Their effects don't go away just because you're at goal.

8. Toxins in your stored fat. Yup, this happens. All the junk and stuff your body was producing while you were gaining is still stored in your fat cells. As you lose weight, those toxins are released back into your body, and it has to deal with those. What are they? Dunno. How much affect do they have? No idea, but I don't like that they're floating around. My husband says no way this can affect weight loss, but I think differently. EVERYTHING affects weight loss.

9. The wait is real. Your body really does have to adjust, and it does so on its own timetable, not yours. Your skin needs to shrink, your fat cells need to shed the water they're retained, the fat actually seems to migrate around in your body and redistribute, and sometimes you're just so close to what your body thinks is just about enough, missy, and you'll just have to wait for those last 10 pounds, don't think you won't...

10. JUDDD works. The science is real. Your body cannot adjust, but you can't look at that calculator and right off the bat deny the numbers and continue to do what you've always done. Start with the basics. Don't fudge up or down for at least a month. Give it a chance the way it was written, and for goodness' sake, if you're going to do this, track diligently! Mouthfuls count!!

I have dieted since I'm an adult, and didn't have issues until I had my child. Ever since then, it's been a struggle, and it had only gotten harder the older I got. JUDDD makes me believe I can do this. I believe YOU can do this.

Just keep everything in mind, listen to the ladies, and for your own sanity, find a way to keep from focusing on that scale!

Last edited by Spank'd; 05-14-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank'd View Post
Hi all,

You've seen a couple of my posts by now to know how grateful I am for two things: the alternate-day diet, and this group of wonderfully supportive women.

I have gotten the knowledge I needed to keep JUDDD from becoming just another failed plan. I got SERIOUS about my goals, and stayed on course, even when the plan I used didn't work any more (Atkins). I make no apologies for low carb failing, it's just my body's way of saying "Nuh uh, girlie. Not this time."

So when I literally stumbled across this group, I initially dismissed it. I was on course. I was doing Atkins. I didn't need the distraction. Then of course, three weeks of stalling right after Induction caused me to scurry in search of that elusive "something else".

So I came back here, and started reading. The rest as they say, is history. In November, I started JUDDDing, with absolutely no faith this would actually work out to be THE plan. I even started blogging about it, as the JUDDD Experiment.

Well, 26 weeks in, and I'm lower than I've been in 13 years. I've gone down slowly, though, and that's the point of this post. I find that losing a pound a week is a huge accomplishment. I am almost 51. I am healthy. I may or may not have a sluggish thyroid, but I know I have a hard time losing weight, no matter the approach.

I have been reading about the women who are struggling. I see posts about changing it up, lemon water, playing with the numbers, and just being patient, because the nature of this diet is that it must work.

I do agree, it MUST work, but I believe some ladies need more time than others, and others need to stop expecting the same results as others have had. It's a harsh reality when others around you have made goal and you just keep chugging along, waiting for your miracle.

So here's my two cents, based entirely on my own experience and what I've also seen. Please accept this in the spirit it is given.

1. The most prevalent way for JUDDD to stop working is to starve your body. I have eaten over my UP days way too often, and I track diligently, so I know when I'm overdoing it. Not cheating, but just taking in too many calories in a day, over and over. It WILL stop losses. I can't imagine UNDER eating working either.

2. Salt. Additives. Sweeteners. Sneaky crap like that will hurt you IF you are sensitive to it. Obviously, salt is everyone's problem. It can bump me up 3 pounds in one day. Yup, three... The other stuff I can manage, but I just figured out the reason for my skin breakouts is carrageenan. It's an additive in cottage cheese, ice cream, non-dairy creamers, some non-dairy milks, and on and on. I can't imagine it only affects me badly. It's also linked to digestive problems.

3. Um, exercise. Move more. This doesn't seem to be stressed here, and even though JUDDD works without exercise (I'm proof of that!!!), if I were to stop losing even the modest 1 lb a week I set myself, I would haul buns to the gym, or pop in that DVD, or start up the Wii. Something.

4. Meds. Some will make you gain, but by now you all know that. If you're taking something new, it could be an issue, or even if you're taking something you always took, this approach might be messing with it. Illnesses will also force adjustments, like hypothyroidism.

6. Hormones. Female ones. They're not just for TOM. They crank up a full two weeks before that time, when ovulation comes around. They will affect me differently each and every month. Sometimes it's cravings, other times it's bloat, other times it's emotional instability. Or a mix.

7. Other hormones, related to diet. The ones that can really screw with you are the leptin/ghrelin combo. Science hasn't even figured this one out yet, but those hormones are the ones responsible for metabolic slowdown, hunger, cravings, head games, and other nasties. They will derail a diet faster than you can say chocolate. And once you hit maintenance, they're still trying to get you to gain weight back. Their effects don't go away just because you're at goal.

8. Toxins in your stored fat. Yup, this happens. All the junk and stuff your body was producing while you were gaining is still stored in your fat cells. As you lose weight, those toxins are released back into your body, and it has to deal with those. What are they? Dunno. How much affect do they have? No idea, but I don't like that they're floating around. My husband says no way this can affect weight loss, but I think differently. EVERYTHING affects weight loss.

9. The wait is real. Your body really does have to adjust, and it does so on its own timetable, not yours. Your skin needs to shrink, your fat cells need to shed the water they're retained, the fat actually seems to migrate around in your body and redistribute, and sometimes you're just so close to what your body thinks is just about enough, missy, and you'll just have to wait for those last 10 pounds, don't think you won't...

10. JUDDD works. The science is real. Your body cannot adjust, but you can't look at that calculator and right off the bat deny the numbers and continue to do what you've always done. Start with the basics. Don't fudge up or down for at least a month. Give it a chance the way it was written, and for goodness' sake, if you're going to do this, track diligently! Mouthfuls count!!

I have dieted since I'm an adult, and didn't have issues until I had my child. Ever since then, it's been a struggle, and it had only gotten harder the older I got. JUDDD makes me believe I can do this. I believe YOU can do this.

Just keep everything in mind, listen to the ladies, and for your own sanity, find a way to keep from focusing on that scale!
:sha ke:
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Hi all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
:sha ke:

I loved this post, Spank'd. Thank you for your excellent thoughts. So I'll just echo leonak's sentiments: :sha ke:
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
LOTS of wisdom in your post, Spank'd!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you so much for this post!

What a great reality check
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
WOW!! :notw rthy:
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Thank you!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, ladies. I see a distinct difference in my overall outlook, knowing someone has my back, and knowing this diet simply works. BUT, it's still a diet.

I am still just so surprised this works. It floors me every time I try on some new piece of clothing, or someone noticed how I look "thin" (ha!), and I just want to help EVERYONE do this for themselves too! It's a drug, I tell ya!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
What a great post Spank'd!!......and very timely. Just today I was telling my DGD/D that I was a bit discouraged lately reading in this forum because so many newbies seem to lose patience and want to change things up too soon and please don't misunderstand, I love every newbie and want success for them all so badly, but when I first came to this forum many months ago, and before I ever started posting here (which I am STILL shy about) I loved the good common sense of those veteran JUDDERS like Pat "So Happy" and without complicating things, did exactly as they (Pat, and Beeb mostly in those days) said and believed what they said and believed in the plan. It worked well for me and even when I felt stuck once for a short time I loved the advice I got from Yam Yam and Nancy who had come along in the meantime. It was still following the plan. I listened, it was simply the plan as it was meant to be, so with minor tweaking, I resumed weight loss and got to the maintenance lane. I don't want a gold medal or even a pat on the back, and realize that maybe some of us really are different enough that this plan won't work. I just am puzzzled that it seems like back then , it worked and worked well even if a bit of tweaking was required, and am surprised, if not dismayed that there is so much confusion and changing up going on. NO ONE HATE ON ME PLEASE...Just want everyone to enjoy this wonderful WOL like I do and have success. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that is worth ANYTHING in life ever comes THAT easily. Really do love you ALL.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Good words. I just wanted to echo, that even though JUDDD is more free than many diets out there, it IS still a diet. There is restriction, there are rules, you do have to follow them.

NOT dieting is why we need to be here--simply eating whatever, whenever.

So yes, there is some unpleasantness involved. Because we'd really like to just eat whatever whenever. But just as we can't spend what we want when we want, we can't eat that way either.

We like to say that we "only diet half the time". But that's not entirely true. It gets truer in maintenance, because the numbers get a little freer, and corrections are so easy if the scale starts to creep up. Even though UD's are really, really nice, there are still rules, and it IS still a diet.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/168/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Wonderful, Spank'd!!!!

Dottie, is there any way to pull Spank'd initial posting up into 'What is JUDDD? Come inside and see?' - this is so well written and clear, it would be a shame to lose it.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
What a great post Spank'd!!......and very timely. Just today I was telling my DGD/D that I was a bit discouraged lately reading in this forum because so many newbies seem to lose patience and want to change things up too soon and please don't misunderstand, I love every newbie and want success for them all so badly, but when I first came to this forum many months ago, and before I ever started posting here (which I am STILL shy about) I loved the good common sense of those veteran JUDDERS like Pat "So Happy" and without complicating things, did exactly as they (Pat, and Beeb mostly in those days) said and believed what they said and believed in the plan. It worked well for me and even when I felt stuck once for a short time I loved the advice I got from Yam Yam and Nancy who had come along in the meantime. It was still following the plan. I listened, it was simply the plan as it was meant to be, so with minor tweaking, I resumed weight loss and got to the maintenance lane. I don't want a gold medal or even a pat on the back, and realize that maybe some of us really are different enough that this plan won't work. I just am puzzzled that it seems like back then , it worked and worked well even if a bit of tweaking was required, and am surprised, if not dismayed that there is so much confusion and changing up going on. NO ONE HATE ON ME PLEASE...Just want everyone to enjoy this wonderful WOL like I do and have success. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that is worth ANYTHING in life ever comes THAT easily. Really do love you ALL.

Phyl
There will be no berating coming from me. I absolutely agree with this. When I've tweaked, it's only been moving my calories by 100 this way or that, until now that I've lost over 20% of my body weight and have decided to take a maintenance break. For me, this isn't modifying the plan; it's moving between phases of the "diet." I agree with mixing things up now and again, but JUDDD, as written, is my miracle WOE, and I can't ever see myself deviating much from this plan.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Very grateful for this, to be reminded that freedom comes from going through this, not around it. Big life lesson for me. Timely.
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #15

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Well said!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
There will be no berating coming from me. I absolutely agree with this. When I've tweaked, it's only been moving my calories by 100 this way or that, until now that I've lost over 20% of my body weight and have decided to take a maintenance break. For me, this isn't modifying the plan; it's moving between phases of the "diet." I agree with mixing things up now and again, but JUDDD, as written, is my miracle WOE, and I can't ever see myself deviating much from this plan.
Same here! I can and will go into "maintenance" for stretches. Which maintenance is still "restrictive" & JUDDD simultaneously. BUT, it is never going to change the fact that JUDDD is the best WOE ever!

Most of us who have been JUDDDing realize something that we have never had before and that is a true method of living and enjoying life while gaining our health! Thank you Spank'd for your thoughts!

Last edited by sunday; 05-15-2012 at 06:07 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jodeeras
Stats: 174 / 160.0 / 115
Start Date: 12/1/11 Atkins; 5/8/12 JUDDD
I'm a believer!

jodeeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CatherineA
WOE: formerly LC; trying JUDDD 2322.464
Start Date: 5/4/12
VGP
Very Good Post!
CatherineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
What a thorough yet succinct summary of what can often stall us. Thanks for this wonderful post, Spank'd!
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Spank'd, Excellent post! I will refer back to it often, I love words of wisdom and your post is loaded with them!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

to all!

I'm glad the response has been positive.

I have been in the place where things stop working, and things stop moving. I know that every diet hits that point where the body no longer responds, due to metabolic slowdown, too much deviance from the diet the way it was written, or a lack of exercise.

Illnesses and other medical issues are, from my perspective, the ONLY thing that can slow down JUDDD, but I don't believe anything can stop it if there is patience and adherence, both in abundance.

My own personal tweaks fall under the category of the forbidden two down days in a row (done no more than once a month), and a thermogenic to control hunger on occasion.

I have also noticed the days when I get out and garden, or mow, or wash and wax the car, or just do a sustained amount of movement, not even "real" exercise, the next day rewards me on scale movement.

To the ladies coming off HCG: I have one more thing to add: that stuff works great for 99% of you, but I believe it puts your body into an unnatural state, and body chemistry is freaking out all over the place by the time you're done. To expect more results from a natural, no-drug approach within a month is unrealistic. Your poor hormones have to readjust to you coming off HCG, AND the recent weight loss, AND a new diet.

Holy cannoli! That's a tall order!

Enjoy your JUDDDing! I'm going to go polish something now, and run the vacuum, and wash the car.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Great post Spank'd! Many words of wisdom! I do agree with your activity observations as well. Activity alone didn't help me lose weight but activity with JUDDD works great! Doesn't seem to have to be "exercise" just has to be doing something that requires me to keep moving. I think if I spent as much time walking as I spend reading on this forum I would be at goal by now. Can't give up my daily dose of motivation so I guess I'll just have to be patient!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I loved your post as well! Even during my two week stall, I hesitated to change anything and didn't. Things finally started moving again. It was like my body had to stop, burp, and keep going. I, too, plan to take maintenance breaks along my journey but will still be doing this within the JUDDD caloric framework. My hope in doing this is to just give myself some mental rest until I am ready to proceed again.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
I loved your post as well! Even during my two week stall, I hesitated to change anything and didn't. Things finally started moving again. It was like my body had to stop, burp, and keep going. I, too, plan to take maintenance breaks along my journey but will still be doing this within the JUDDD caloric framework. My hope in doing this is to just give myself some mental rest until I am ready to proceed again.
For me personally, the maintenance period, allows me to actually enjoy vacation, spend quality time with my grandsons and daughter, son-in-law, without having to say, "no, I can't today". When I am back home and not vacationing, then I will get back to the WLM!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monica1210
Stats: 168/148/135-140 5'6" Age 45
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/2/2012 started NK 9/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
For me personally, the maintenance period, allows me to actually enjoy vacation, spend quality time with my grandsons and daughter, son-in-law, without having to say, "no, I can't today". When I am back home and not vacationing, then I will get back to the WLM!
This is exactly what I do too. I have a very stressful job, lots of eating out, daughter graduating, (parties, people in town, etc), camping trips, vacation.

I could use all of these as an excuse to quit, but I don't. My rotations get out of whack a bit here and there, but I refuse to let my food control me. Honestly, I have never felt this free in a long time. Sure, it's going to take me a LOT longer to lose 20 pounds, but I am going to be HAPPY, EAT, and live my life!
monica1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Good words. I just wanted to echo, that even though JUDDD is more free than many diets out there, it IS still a diet. There is restriction, there are rules, you do have to follow them.

NOT dieting is why we need to be here--simply eating whatever, whenever.

So yes, there is some unpleasantness involved. Because we'd really like to just eat whatever whenever. But just as we can't spend what we want when we want, we can't eat that way either.

We like to say that we "only diet half the time". But that's not entirely true. It gets truer in maintenance, because the numbers get a little freer, and corrections are so easy if the scale starts to creep up. Even though UD's are really, really nice, there are still rules, and it IS still a diet.
Great original post!
And also, some great words of wisdom (above) from Tina!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Awesome post! Thanks for taking the time to craft such a thoughtful and well written piece!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly

Spanked i really needed to re-read this part.. and learn to just allow that time to heal thanks for the great post!~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Quote:
to all!

To the ladies coming off HCG: I have one more thing to add: that stuff works great for 99% of you, but I believe it puts your body into an unnatural state, and body chemistry is freaking out all over the place by the time you're done. To expect more results from a natural, no-drug approach within a month is unrealistic. Your poor hormones have to readjust to you coming off HCG, AND the recent weight loss, AND a new diet.

Holy cannoli! That's a tall order!
Spank'd, Every woman coming off of the HCG Diet needs to hear those words of yours! It was such a struggle for me to watch the scale go up, up, up and not understand why... My body chemistry was freaking out

Thanks again for sharing.............
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Printing this out!!!
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote