Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Cheating

I truly believe that a person can not "cheat" per say, on our JUDDD WOE. Here is my logic and observations:

Cheating means I can not or should not eat something. I CAN eat whatever I want on JUDDD and even on my DDs maybe I can't eat a lot of it, but I can STILL have a taste of it, if I so desire

Cheating means that the food I am putting in my mouth is taboo,or not allowed. To eat this food I would need to "cheat". Not on JUDDD! All foods are "allowed"! No food is limited, thus no cheating!

Cheating means I go "off" my WOE and eat the foods I'm NOT suppose to. Well on JUDDD I eat the foods that WORKS for me, not the foods I'm "suppose" to eat. I can't "cheat" if there aren't any foods I can or can not have.

Sure, I can go over my calories for the day but to me that's not "cheating", that's just my lack of will power, the circumstances around me, or maybe just poor planning on my part, but it's NOT "cheating"!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb

I feel like the word "cheat" puts me into a failure mentality and that can throw me off for days!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Excellent post and I'd not really thought till I read it that "cheating" seems to have disappeared from my way of thinking on JUDDD. There is no "cheating" no matter what foods you choose to eat. There's only "over budgeting" calories on a DD, or - in my case, shockingly - "under budgeting" on an UD.

Great post!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
EXACTLY!!
so freeing. love that intermittent fasting isn't a diet. I make up my diet out of whatever is best for ME. If something is off the beaten track, it is only once and I can do what I want. I may pay the price in my health later, but I have the power to make that choice...no diet to cheat or blow, no days or weeks or months of "I already blew it by cheating". so so happy with IF!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Perfectly stated!!!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Yep. That's why I love this program. And I love that if I didn't get enough lemon meringue pie on Mother's Day, I can have the last piece tomorrow...if I still want it. And today....I'm honestly not even hungry or even thinking about it, seriously!
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Just another reason I love JUDDD and why it works so well for me!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elburn
Stats: 171/159.5/130 5'3.5"
WOE: JUDDD! All the way and never looking back!
Start Date: ???
This makes perfect sense! It is a bit mind blowing for someone new to JUDDD. Quite freeing!
elburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You can blow your diet on JUDDD, but it sure won't be from eating some forbidden food where it can take us several days to even get back to where the diet can begin to work for us again. I love that about this way of eating. Despite the fact that the bulk of my diet is still made up of meat & eggs, good fats and some dairy, and tons of low carb veggies... I can also include all of the starchy veggies and the fruits and the grains too! I get to enjoy real desserts these days. And all I have to do is work it into my JUDDD calorie numbers. No cheating. No worries.

About the only way to blow it is to deviate too far from your calorie ceilings on Up & Down Days, and even then... the correction is so easy. The very day you go back to eating your correct numbers, JUDDD goes back to working for your weight management again.

When I'm lackadaisical about JUDDD, JUDDD is lackadaisical about my weight maintenance. And when I'm doing JUDDD well, JUDDD is managing my weight well too. I definitely get out of it what I put into it, but it's nice to know I don't have the concept of a *cheat* hanging over my head too, heaping guilt onto my shoulders for my failure!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan

I like not seeing ^that^ guy in my head when I eat and enjoy an ice cream Drumstick!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
This post made me want to get up and !

Let's all meet on BLUEBERRY HILL for a little dessert! Then we can go to HEARTBREAK HOTEL and ask them ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT for a good steak, baked potato and salad? Then just follow us to the "dark side" to TWIST your diet blues away!

Good food and exercise all at once!

Thanks BEEB for more of your helpful insight into the workings of JUDDD!

Carole

Sorry to be so silly, but I find my fun where I can!
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
i just had three cookies from subway with my sub, AND its a down day.
i LOVE cheating!! lol
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
It's nice to think that I can correct what I have been doing "wrong" for a few weeks today and possibly see a reward when I step on the scale tomorrow. If the fix turns out to be that simple I will be beyond happy and it will definetly be worth it to do 300 calorie DD. I really just want to be at the weight I feel comfortable at physically and emotionally. the last three weeks or so I could tell just by looking in the mirror that I wasn't losing, before I ever stepped on the scale. I finished my calories very early today, it was before I read Pats post, when I thought I had 500 or so calories to eat. Surprise, I was already done for the day, NOT! I don't even want to think about where I'd be without my Buddds. Way to scarey.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
It's nice to think that I can correct what I have been doing "wrong" for a few weeks today and possibly see a reward when I step on the scale tomorrow. If the fix turns out to be that simple I will be beyond happy and it will definetly be worth it to do 300 calorie DD. I really just want to be at the weight I feel comfortable at physically and emotionally. the last three weeks or so I could tell just by looking in the mirror that I wasn't losing, before I ever stepped on the scale. I finished my calories very early today, it was before I read Pats post, when I thought I had 500 or so calories to eat. Surprise, I was already done for the day, NOT! I don't even want to think about where I'd be without my Buddds. Way to scarey.
Vanessa
LOL, Vanessa. I'm going to hope you see a change within these few hours, but.. ummm.. it might take a little bit longer than that.

But as days and weeks go by, I would think you would be seeing weight loss. I certainly hope so! And as we often say, "JUDDD isn't a real fast way to lose weight, but it's a pretty fun plan to eat on while you're living your life and healing your body. And losing weight as well.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Pat, Ill try not to expect a miracle tomorrow on my scale. I feel better just knowing that because of your insight and knowledge and the help of my Buddds, I have a theory to work with. It definetly makes me feel more in control. In the last three weeks or so I have just really felt a bit lost and without direction, now I feel like I have a compass. Let's just hope it is pointing me in the right direction lol. Still I can't help hoping to see just a teeny weeny drop tomarrow. Oh wouldn't it be lovely to be 5 ft 10 inches. My sister in law is 6 ft. Even though my tummy is rumbling a bit it feels like the feeling of control so it is actually soothing me today. I'm trying to get back in warrior mode, I'm going to beat the scale and not the other way around.That's what you are Pat you are a little Juddd warrior and as always a fairy Juddd mother.just curious how tall are you?maybe I should call you Darth Pat lol
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
ENJOYED ALL ^^^^^^of these so MUCH!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
So true!! I am probably only dieting 1/3rd of the time at the moment - not the recommended 1/2 - but I am not cheating - I am living and I'm losing weight! Perhaps only a 1lb a week - but that's 52lbs in a year!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I love the personal responsibility and control JUDDD brings. I can make a conscious decision to have an UD on what should be a DD, or have a DD on what should be an UD. And I have to make that decision knowing, and accepting, the consequences (weight loss slow down)...but I can't cheat.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote