Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   PB2 and Chocolate PB2 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/771631-pb2-chocolate-pb2.html)

KeirasMom 05-14-2012 10:34 AM

PB2 and Chocolate PB2

I just got my Netrition order! Someone talk me down. I'm ready to dive into my bottles of PB2, regular and chocolate!!

What do you use yours for?

sterlinggirl 05-14-2012 10:36 AM

oooooooooooh sounds to good to talk you down~:hyst: I think ya should share!! :hyst:

Luna Loca 05-14-2012 10:38 AM

I love my pb2! Regular grocery stores around here are carrying it.

I have the chocolate flavor, haven't gotten the regular yet. I like to make the chocolate in a large bowl cereal bowl and then slice a banana nice and thin into the bowl. I eat it with a fork, using the slices of banana to scrape up a bit of the pb up. Yum.

I've also put it on mini-bagels. That was pretty good, too.

vanilla_latte 05-14-2012 11:05 AM

I use mine - when I use them - in egg creams (shakes with raw eggs :) ) and coconut bark. Haven't thought to try them in the OMM or cheesecake muffins. :eek: I tend to forget about things if they're not right in front of me and these are tucked away in the pantry. :o

I got the PB through Netrition awhile back, but was pleasantly to find both flavors at our HEB stores (in Texas only, though).

b_lou_who 05-14-2012 11:09 AM

I mix it with a little water then stir into greek yogurt, use it to make spicy thai peanut shirataki, and in baking. It also doesn't clump in choc/pb frappuccino in magic bullet. Saves many a down day :)

KeirasMom 05-14-2012 11:22 AM

I'm thinking it might go well in my protein shake. I also have a recipe for PB&J protein bars. Oh the possibilities. :yummy:

circusgirl 05-14-2012 11:59 AM

OMG. I have never heard of this before. What manner of sorcery is this?! I must have some!

KeirasMom 05-14-2012 12:01 PM

I sampled a little bitty taste, dry, on my finger tip, and almost swooned. No crazy ingredients either, just peanuts, sugar and salt (with cocoa for the chocolate version)--That's it!

KeirasMom 05-14-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15653771)
I love my pb2! Regular grocery stores around here are carrying it.

I have the chocolate flavor, haven't gotten the regular yet. I like to make the chocolate in a large bowl cereal bowl and then slice a banana nice and thin into the bowl. I eat it with a fork, using the slices of banana to scrape up a bit of the pb up. Yum.

I've also put it on mini-bagels. That was pretty good, too.

I love, love, love PB or Nutella on bananas, so I'm thinking this will definitely become a standard part of my diet. :yummy:

vanilla_latte 05-14-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circusgirl (Post 15653965)
OMG. I have never heard of this before. What manner of sorcery is this?! I must have some!

:D :hyst:

Dottie 05-14-2012 01:18 PM

2T low-fat or fat free cream cheese, 3T almond milk, 1-2T pb2, 1pk sweetener... warm until melted and stir. Warm PB pudding :)

I also mix a little with coconut aminos (or soy sauce), a little chicken broth, cilantro, siracha sauce and garlic and stir into shirataki noodles for a "thai" type sauce :)

TryingJudd 05-14-2012 01:38 PM

I just started experimenting with mine. The age old stand by of celery sticks dipped in PB2 was a DD keeper so far. I made the PBJ protein bar thinking they would be amazing but they weren't for me. I also want to try a PB2 fluffernutter one day soon. Light wasa cracker with PB2 and a T of marshmallow fluff should be good for under 100 cals.

b_lou_who 05-14-2012 01:47 PM

^^^
I need to make some clean sugar free marshmallow fluff!!! hubby would so owe me, he used to love that stuff. I know I have a recipe somewhere...I think I have a recipe for everything somewhere.

TryingJudd 05-14-2012 02:15 PM

SF marshmallow fluff? Could it be? I tried years ago to make SF marshmallows with gelatin and they were not a success. Would love the recipe if you can find it B Lou Who! Fluff and marshmallows in general are one of my guilty pleasures and they have absolutely no redeeming nutritive value.

KathyL 05-14-2012 02:42 PM

Trader Joe's is carrying this now in our area. Not sure about the choc. version. So far have only used it in smoothies....blends easier than regular pb with a lot less calories. I wish they'd make it without sugar. The pb we eat is just peanuts.

KeirasMom 05-14-2012 02:45 PM

Our TJ's carries Better N'Peanut Butter, but not the powdered kind. I asked last time I was in. I like the Better N'Peanut Butter, but it's a little sweeter than I prefer.

Sheridan 05-14-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 15653842)

I got the PB through Netrition awhile back, but was pleasantly to find both flavors at our HEB stores (in Texas only, though).

*perks ears*

In the health food section or with the regular PB? Inquiring minds and all. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15653972)
I sampled a little bitty taste, dry, on my finger tip, and almost swooned. No crazy ingredients either, just peanuts, sugar and salt (with cocoa for the chocolate version)--That's it!

It's going on the list for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15654160)
2T low-fat or fat free cream cheese, 3T almond milk, 1-2T pb2, 1pk sweetener... warm until melted and stir. Warm PB pudding :)

I also mix a little with coconut aminos (or soy sauce), a little chicken broth, cilantro, siracha sauce and garlic and stir into shirataki noodles for a "thai" type sauce :)

"Thai" is what immediately came to mind when I finally figured out what it is. :yummy::heart:

itsmeshelly01 05-14-2012 06:23 PM

I have the protein plus peanut flour and its wonderful and cheaper then pb2. Only ingredient is peanuts. I use it all the time. I make OMMs, use it in yogurt, and in protein shakes. Its my favorite flour.
I made peanut butter and jelly for a sandwich by just mixing 1T peanut flour and 2T sf polaners strawberry. Made a great peanut butter and jelly sandwich for way less calories. For DD could put it on light wasa crackers. Yummy!

KathyL 05-14-2012 06:59 PM

Ahhhhhh, thanks! I really don't need sugar in my PB. :)

vanilla_latte 05-19-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheridan (Post 15654432)
*perks ears*

In the health food section or with the regular PB? Inquiring minds and all. :)

It's going on the list for sure!

It's in that health food area. Actually they have them one of those little "middle of aisle, but not quit a kiosk" thingies that had them stacked up. :laugh: So, I haven't had to look for them anywhere else.

On a side note, I've been buying the honey roasted peanuts that you grind up (also in the health food area). Yummers!! :yummy:

b_lou_who 05-20-2012 12:36 PM

the fluffer nutter was a win with hubby!

msack3889 05-20-2012 01:15 PM

I need as many ideas as possible. I forgot I had some in my pantry, and it expires next month (I wonder how long I can use it beyond that date)

adillenal 05-20-2012 01:34 PM

I just didn't like the PB2 BUT I used it today in a baked protein bar experiment and it worked quite well so I now have a use for it. It seemed tastelss but I can detect a peanut flavor in the protein bars. So all is well./