Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
OT: Really curious about HCG? For those...

Who have done it:

I've noticed lots of threads from people who did HCG with success and then came to JUDD.

For those who have done it may I ask some questions?

Where do you get HCG? Do you have to do it under a doctor's care?

How do you take it? Is it a pill? An injection?

I'm going to do a Google search to satisfy my curiosity but would love to actually hear about it from people who have used it.

How do you know what/when/how much to eat while doing it?

Any other info would be helpful.

Would it work with JUDD?

What do you eat every day while taking it?

If I wanted to try it, how quickly do you think I could lose these last 10+ pounds that I want to get rid of soooooooooooo badly?

TIA for any who answer.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Better With Age
Stats: 169/158.9/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 21, 2012
I am a big advocate of hcg, it gave me the big boost I needed to get losing again. I started ( and hubby) June 2011 and over about 3 rounds I lost 40 pounds. I saw the success of a friend at church who had done well losing and did all the research and chose the drops. It works. There is a science behind why it works. It's not just eating 500 cal! My first and longest round was 4 1/2 weeks and I lost 24 pounds. It is VERY strict with what u can eat and even not letting certain oils touch your skin. All of the info comes with it.

Melissa
Better With Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
I did 3 rounds of HCG. It's very strict and you should commit yourself to a good month to do the very low calorie phase of the diet w/o any interruptions or trips or big deal outings. It was so much easier when I didn't have ANY plans! I did the minimum 21 day rounds. I loved P3 too much!!

I bought Intermountain drops from netrition. They worked great and were at a good price. I have a document that sums it all up w/ some helpful tips I can email you. Or you can check out the HCG threads and read all the stickies over there. See my stats...The first round loss was the greatest, 2nd two were harder and not as successful but still lost 11-18 pounds on 2nd & 3rd rounds.

As far as all the "don't do's" like not using lotions, otc meds, etc...I still used my zyrtec, aveeno lotion, etc. I did switch to cinnamon toothpaste but other than that, couldn't stop using my lotion mostly on my feet! My skin is EXTREMELY oily so there was no getting around that!

I didn't read the article but I'm assuming it's the one I read last week. About 5 of us at work have done it with success but one lady who started a few weeks ago got sick. She was in emergency room a couple of times. She's allergic to the drops.

Natasha

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 05-13-2012 at 04:04 PM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Netrition sells Homeopathic hcg pellets, which are made by a company called Intermountain and are very popular.

I had great success on Hcg about 4 years ago, I lost 45 lbs and wish that I had done more study beforehand. I went through a doctor and did the RX hcg, but because I was not prepared for many of the changes that came with quick weight loss, I struggled with maintenance. I was able to keep it off for about a year and then slowly started gaining back. If I had known about JUDDD, I think I could have corrected and remained stable for the longhaul.

Yam-Yam if you are really interested in trying this, I highly recommend you read the book, "Weight Loss Apocalypse" by Robin Phipps Woodall. I wish I had this book back when I first began searching for my weight loss issues. She has many Youtubes and I posted a few on another thread. She helps treat hcg protocol patients so that they succeed with weight loss and are able to maintain.

My BFF is doing RX Hcg through a doctor right now and it can be hairy at times. She had a major sugar addiction, has never been low carb, so I tried to warn her that it would not be a pleasant method. She has lost about 11 lbs in 13 days even with her issues.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YamYam, I think you would be very successfull due to the fact that you have fasted on JUDDD for quite a while now. 500 calories for someone who has never fasted is quite the mind trip! Especially, doing day in and day out for 23 days stretches.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Yam-Yam, here's a link to a pdf of the original manuscript written by Dr. Simeons that details the diet and the restrictions. It was written over 30 years ago. I did numerous rounds and it worked well for me and my hubby to get off a lot of weight after low carb stopped working so well.

It's not something you could combine with JUDDD, as you need to do the 500 calorie diet every day, but a short round is a total of 23 days, and you would very likely lose those last stubborn pounds if you choose to do it. I always said that while it's definitely a DO-able diet, it's not for the faint of heart. You MUST be very strict, or you'll be wasting your time.

I used the Rx on my own, (injections with a tiny insulin syringe, easy peasy) ordering from a Canadian Pharmacy. I haven't ordered any in quite awhile, but I'm hearing on the hCG boards that it's getting much harder to find. I'm not sure, but I think the sources are drying up.

For me, JUDDD is a million times more enjoyable, even if slower. If it were me, considering how hard it is to find the stuff, I would stay with JUDDD and take the slower losses. I wholeheartedly feel that hCG is safe. Pregnant women have much, much more hCG circulating in their bodies than anyone uses for weight loss. I had to study it for a couple of months before deciding to take the plunge. I have no regrets about using it off and on for the past three years, but I'm very thankful to have found JUDDD for maintaining.

I hope this helps!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Where do you get HCG? Netrition/Intermountain pellets/$27.99 for a 40-day supply Do you have to do it under a doctor's care? No. Most MD's are clueless about hcg, but naturopathic docs aren't.
How do you take it? Is it a pill? An injection? Pellets (3 under the tongue/3 times per day - I swear by Intermountain. The drops seem very inconvenient - the pellets are the only thing I've used.)
I'm going to do a Google search to satisfy my curiosity but would love to actually hear about it from people who have used it.

How do you know what/when/how much to eat while doing it? Google "Pounds and Inches" and the HCG board will give you tons of info.
Would it work with JUDD? You should do one or the other, not both together.

What do you eat every day while taking it? 500 calories:
B - black coffee, 2 melba toast, one piece of fruit (either handful of strawberries orange, apple or half grapefruit)
L - one tomato, (3.5 oz. protein (chicken, fish, shrimp or hamburger)
S - one piece of fruit (either handful of strawberries orange, apple or half grapefruit)
D - two cups of spinach (3.5 oz. protein (chicken, fish, shrimp or hamburger)

This is what I ate based on the "allowed foods."

If I wanted to try it, how quickly do you think I could lose these last 10+ pounds that I want to get rid of soooooooooooo badly? It depends. You "LOAD" for two days so there will be a gain. This is to get the fat stored in the body so when you move to the VLCD (very low calorie diet) your body is processing more than that. I have a very fast metabolism and dropped 12 pounds my first week.
TIA for any who answer.
Good Luck! I can share my experience with you more in depth. I swear by protein days too. Yesterday, I ate only eggs and chicken thighs and was down 3.2 overnight. I've done a total of 4 rounds and had a hard time stabilizing on Phase 3 so that's why I love JUDDD. No matter what, I keep my DDs between 500-600 calories no matter what.

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 05-13-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricialy
Stats: 196/151/130
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: October, 2010
I lost over 60 lbs in 5 rounds - in about 15 months and it was a lifesaver. I used Hgcplatinum from netrition.com, I've heard great things about Intermountain brand drops and pellets. You do need to commit to at least 21 days on the 500 calorie diet - but with the Hcg it was fairly easy (it was much easier than my first few DDs on JUDDD). You can do anything for 21 days, especially when you start out losing a pound or more a day at the beginning. I couldn't wait to weigh each morning. I followed Dr. Simmeon's Pounds and Inches that was listed above. I did add green beans as a vegetable and in later rounds didn't stop using any products and it didn't make a difference. I also added yellow squash and SweetNLow (I didn't like the Stevia taste at all). The HCG board is very supportive- just like this one.

I decided to try JUDDD to lose 10 more lbs. and to be able to add carbs back in - I never handled the Phase 4 of the HCG plan where you start adding carbs In slowly and then would panic when I gained. Hopefully JUDDD will be a WOE I can live with forever.
Tricialy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, you are all giving such good information.

For those who lost fast: Did you feel like you were losing muscle? One thing I have loved about JUDD is it seems to just burn fat and preserve my lean muscle mass. Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
The documentation says that you won't lose muscle, only abnormal fat. I guess for me abnormal fat was on my rear b/c I lost ALL my butt! I guess my body thinks my stomach fat is normal since it's been around so long! UGH! Losing my butt is the only downside of the diet for me so not bad!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't lose muscle, I lost inches fast. 3 dress sizes in very short period. I can recall that the only exercise that I did on this plan was walking. It is important that you don't add exercise unless you are presently already in the habit. I have heard that some continue exercise, but on such low cals walking was the best method for me.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:

For those who lost fast: Did you feel like you were losing muscle? One thing I have loved about JUDD is it seems to just burn fat and preserve my lean muscle mass. Any thoughts on this?
you can use urine test strips to ensure you're not losing muscle. You can if you're not careful.

I have a clinic and have offered the hcg protocol for a few years now. I work closely with people to be tailor the protocol and make sure they're right where they need to be. Some people need more protein, some need more carbs, some need additional supplementation.

I use a professional product from a lab I work with. I've tried several different formulations and there are two I like the most. I much prefer to have remedies included that assist in detoxification and endocrine support.

It would not (as has been said) work with JUDDD. BUT if you wanted to lose quickly it does a beautiful job. It's just important to understand the protocol and commit to it.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
you can use urine test strips to ensure you're not losing muscle. You can if you're not careful.
I am curious about this. Can you explain further???

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

similarly to testing for ketones on ketostix, you can use urinalysis strips and see if you're spilling protein. If you are, you need to up the dietary protein to prevent muscle wasting. You can get them most drugstore type places, medical supply shops and even on amazon. They'll also test for ketosis, amongst other things (bilirubin etc.)
Old 05-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
similarly to testing for ketones on ketostix, you can use urinalysis strips and see if you're spilling protein. If you are, you need to up the dietary protein to prevent muscle wasting. You can get them most drugstore type places, medical supply shops and even on amazon. They'll also test for ketosis, amongst other things (bilirubin etc.)
So if you are showing protein in your urine, you aren't eating enough protein? No wonder I have always been confused. I thought if there was protein in you urine you were eating too much protein. I obviously confuse easily.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

yes, protein in the urine means your body is breaking down muscle for fuel which is no bueno.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Circusgirl, I guess I did not know that this was a method of determining the muscle wasting?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
yes, protein in the urine means your body is breaking down muscle for fuel which is no bueno.
Not good at all. When I was doing LCLF a good number of years ago I started testing positive for protein in my urine. Now I know what was happening. Got to be sure that doesn't happen again.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

I was taught this during a seminar given by a doctor who has been offering hcg in his clinic for over a decade and tracking labs/urine for his patients. Integrating it into my life and practice has been hugely helpful.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Not good at all. When I was doing LCLF a good number of years ago I started testing positive for protein in my urine. Now I know what was happening. Got to be sure that doesn't happen again.
it can indicate other things on a different WOE. It can also indicate that the kidneys are struggling, diabetes etc. but when you restrict calories you'd look at the results differently, so says he.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Luckily, it was a short term issue and is no longer a problem. On LCLF the calories were usually around 1200 so somewhat restricted.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
it can indicate other things on a different WOE. It can also indicate that the kidneys are struggling, diabetes etc. but when you restrict calories you'd look at the results differently, so says he.
when i was pg with #1 i developed severe pre-eclampsia with my primary issue being protein in my urine. my BP was controlled with meds, but what ultimately led to a 7 week early delivery was the mass quantities of protein i was spilling. wondering if proteinuria and pre-eclampsia and proteinuria with hcg can be compared.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

that would be interesting, wouldn't it?
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #24
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Quote:

Not at all, but the amazing thing to me is the no hunger deal. I didn't feel satisfied as if I was eating "normally", but my energy was high on all four rounds. It's easy to use it as a crutch when a few pounds creep back on (which is what I found myself doing) and decided to come to JUDD.

Now, I'm doing a few protein days to get back to where I want to be and doing MDs. We're leaving for Vegas in June and I want to get some of these pounds off (only a few to go). I lost fast on all four rounds and the other amazing thing is I don't seem to have any hanging skin.

This is my personal opinion, but I didn't exercise at all while on a round and I would NOT suggest it. When you're taking in so few calories, you know want to burn them off. Also, there is a schedule regarding how long breaks should be between rounds, but I didn't follow it and took long rounds too (I AM a rebel ). I used homeopathic which I heard is okay when doing this. My longest round was over 70 days and I took 3-week breaks between them. My blood work came back great from my doc and I feel great.

KWIM?

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 05-14-2012 at 06:24 AM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the info. I really learned some new stuff! Never heard of testing urine for protein loss/muscle loss.

One thing for sure. I'm not going to give this any further consideration for me until I get back from some big trips. I'll be gone most of the next 3 weeks. There is no way I could stay very low calorie. Especially the week I will be with my family in PA!

I'm glad to find out you can get it on Netrition and that's what I would do. And, I'll take the advice and only do it if I'm going to have 3 solid weeks at home with no traveling.

Right now I'm going to keep JUDDing. My loss has slowed way down, but I'm not gaining and I am still losing even though it's slow going.

I feel great and healthy. I have the energy to work out hard at the gym and keep up with life. And, I'm not suffering on a restrictive diet! If a lot of months pass and I'm still hanging around at this same weight, I may re-evaluate and look at more options like HCG.

Thanks so much, all of you, for replying and teaching me more about the HCG WOE!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Yam-Yam, I can't recall if this has been mentioned, but the reason I use it in my clinic isn't for weight loss. It's to look for maintaining causes and things that are preventing healing for people. IF you were to do it for that reason I think it can be incredible.

I tweak it ever so slightly in that I have people do the initial 3 weeks gluten and dairy free (unless they're vegetarian.) Doing this can uncover hidden food sensitivities because you're on a basic elimination diet. Depending on history I also may have them do it without nightshades, or low oxalate or whatever.

Doing it this way can tell you if there's something in your diet that is preventing further loss, and then allow you to work with that knowledge.

Lastly, fasting in that manner for an extended period of time offers certain benefits that JUDDD doesn't. It's an overall rest for an overextended digestive system. It's more of an ability to repair. It can also be healing to the endocrine system.

So there are a few other reasons, beyond rapid loss to consider it. BUT these things can also be done JUDDDing if you were to apply the same principles. If you were to eat super clean for 3 weeks on JUDDD just cycling calories I bet you'd reap the same benefits. Just my two cents. Part of the reason the protocol is so effective is BECAUSE it's short term. I think you could keep it at 3-4 weeks and still uncover any hidden information your body has to tell.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yam-Yam, I can't recall if this has been mentioned, but the reason I use it in my clinic isn't for weight loss. It's to look for maintaining causes and things that are preventing healing for people. IF you were to do it for that reason I think it can be incredible.

I tweak it ever so slightly in that I have people do the initial 3 weeks gluten and dairy free (unless they're vegetarian.) Doing this can uncover hidden food sensitivities because you're on a basic elimination diet. Depending on history I also may have them do it without nightshades, or low oxalate or whatever.

Doing it this way can tell you if there's something in your diet that is preventing further loss, and then allow you to work with that knowledge.

Lastly, fasting in that manner for an extended period of time offers certain benefits that JUDDD doesn't. It's an overall rest for an overextended digestive system. It's more of an ability to repair. It can also be healing to the endocrine system.

So there are a few other reasons, beyond rapid loss to consider it. BUT these things can also be done JUDDDing if you were to apply the same principles. If you were to eat super clean for 3 weeks on JUDDD just cycling calories I bet you'd reap the same benefits. Just my two cents. Part of the reason the protocol is so effective is BECAUSE it's short term. I think you could keep it at 3-4 weeks and still uncover any hidden information your body has to tell.
Thanks! Now I wish I lived near your clinic! I would become a client, probably!