Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
DD-UD-MD-UD or DD-MD-UD-UD?

I'm trying to plan for a family trip Mon/Tues, knowing Tues must be an UD and Mon can't be a DD. Today was a DD. Am I better off replacing a DD with a MD (DD-UD-MD-UD), or slowly increasing calories up to two UDs in a row (DD-MD-UD-UD)?
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IThinkICan View Post
I'm trying to plan for a family trip Mon/Tues, knowing Tues must be an UD and Mon can't be a DD. Today was a DD. Am I better off replacing a DD with a MD (DD-UD-MD-UD), or slowly increasing calories up to two UDs in a row (DD-MD-UD-UD)?
Your problem is that you are having to alter two side-by-side days rather than one, and you have started to make the alterations late.

Ideally you would have Sunday DD, Monday MD, and Tuesday UD... which means that today (Saturday) should be an UD... to lead into tomorrow being the DD.

But since you said today was a DD instead, I'd have my UD tomorrow, a MD on Monday, an UD on Tuesday, and then another DD on Wednesday.

The earlier you know you are going to need a very particular calorie level for upcoming days, the better, because it allows you to make various alterations to your schedule in order to fit everything in, in the best possible rotation, both for filling your appetite and for continuing your weight loss progress.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lexy
Stats: 168/160/136
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: April 23rd 2012
I must agree with So Happy Pat here.

Forward planning is a must with this WOE. I will have been JUDDDing for 3wks tomorrow (a relative Newbie) and can already see the value and need for planning.

I was out yesterday (needed to be an UD) and I'm also out Thurs (needs to be UD) so I had yesterday as an UD, today MD, (to get the alternates correct), Mon DD, Tues UD, Weds DD and there it is....Thurs an UD.

If I had not pre planned I also would have been in the same situation as I Think I Can

Good luck with the preplanning and weightloss
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I agree with Pat's plan.

Whenever it is possible, pre-planning is best. Over time I have kind of gotten used to reviewing the future in case I can foresee and take corrective actions.

However, life does happen. Sometimes things come up so quickly there is no time to be make adjustments. If/when that happens it is critical to (a) plan as well as you can, and (b) trust JUDDD.

It may take a DD or two to remove unplanned water weight. But it will happen. So, get back on rotation as quickly as you can.

About every two months since I started, life has happened and I found myself changing the DD/UD rotation to UD/UUAD . Each time I gained between 3 - 4 pounds. Each time the water weight, and a bit more, was gone by the end of the second DD after I returned.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Nancy, thanks for that post. It makes me laugh out loud, it's so beautiful, forgiving, and roomy. When I looked around for help with this expanding, menopausal body, I "asked the universe" for something easy, fun, interesting, and joyous. Juddd showed up, along with this community. Best present I ever gave myself,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Today has been an unplanned UD. I will survive.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice. I find myself in a little more predicament as hubby decided to cook today for a change, so I don't know how much of what was included in the broccoli casserole he made... Or his chili... and my meats were just served, not weighed first... don't know how to count today's calories! Hubby was trying to do a nice thing for Mother's Day, so I wasnt about to mess with that! I think I'm just going to have to go with the flow the next few days and just plan on DD when I get back Wed, followed by a nice rotation until I'm definitely back to where I've been.

This should be much easier than my hcg WOE because there was no way of dealing with special life circumstances with that! If I'm up, I'm up... It's a part of life and I'll get back down. I'll just consider this three days of vacation from measuring and weighing and counting everything that enters my mouth! I've been doing that enough with three weeks of JUDDD preceded by six weeks of hcg p2... preceeded by a whole bunch of trial-and-error-after-error stress!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #8

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IThinkICan View Post
Thanks for the advice. I find myself in a little more predicament as hubby decided to cook today for a change, so I don't know how much of what was included in the broccoli casserole he made... Or his chili... and my meats were just served, not weighed first... don't know how to count today's calories! Hubby was trying to do a nice thing for Mother's Day, so I wasnt about to mess with that! I think I'm just going to have to go with the flow the next few days and just plan on DD when I get back Wed, followed by a nice rotation until I'm definitely back to where I've been.

This should be much easier than my hcg WOE because there was no way of dealing with special life circumstances with that! If I'm up, I'm up... It's a part of life and I'll get back down. I'll just consider this three days of vacation from measuring and weighing and counting everything that enters my mouth! I've been doing that enough with three weeks of JUDDD preceded by six weeks of hcg p2... preceeded by a whole bunch of trial-and-error-after-error stress!
This is a perfect example of how, despite our ideal vision of diet adherence, *life* happens. I hope your Mother's Day was a fun one.

So..... while it's true that not following the plan very well for a few days can throw a bit of a monkey wrench into the works, as far as weight loss goes, it's also true that JUDDD is very forgiving of our indiscretions, and if you notice a little glitch/hiccup in your weight loss progress from these days, it probably won't be a HUGE problem. And when you get back to good and true JUDDDing again, you will take care of any little problem and just be on your way again.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS on all the weight you have lost! Your hard work is paying off ant it looks like you are pretty much at goal.

You have made a good choice. Eat to satisfaction for these three days and enjoy your vacation! JUDD will be there waiting for you and wanting to welcome you back to rotations when you are ready. The weight will come right back off. You never know, you might not even gain as the fat burning effect will still be working it's magic.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation! I had carbs at each meal... carbs I haven't really touched in a while. But when you're eating at a wonderful buffet breakfast and they have french toast bread pudding with pecan praline sauce, how can you possibly pass that up?

I will say I was very controlled with my carbs. I had half a roll at one meal... a small piece of banana bread another time... ice cream for one snack, but picked the no sugar added type and only one scoop. Even that bread pudding - I only had a spoonful, and I put just a taste of that praline sauce on some of it. I did have an incredible sandwich for one meal, with most of the bread! It was ham and cheese like no other - cheese oozing out of it, and more on top... dripping out the sides... slightly browned... oh my! So good! But I also tried white kidney bean extract with each meal with carbs. Normally a vacation with carbs (and achy muscles from lots of walking), I'd easily come back having gained a good 5-8 pounds, so I was ready to see that. I think the white kidney bean extract might have helped, along with the fact that I really didn't go carb-crazy.

I was up 1.7 pounds after vacation, and it was completely gone after my "steak day" DD I did as soon as I returned home... right to the tenth of a pound! Exactly 1.7 lbs GONE OVERNIGHT!

So I'm getting back on track now! UD yesterday, gained a few tenths... DD today... hopefully down at least those few tenths or a little more tomorrow.