Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bbpn
Stats: 207/198/150
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: May 10, 2012
How much weight did you loose on JUDDD induction?

I've just stumbled on this diet. Years ago I was a personal trainer and one of my colleuges would put his clients on this plan. he didn't call it JUDDD, but it was the same idea. So, when I read what this diet was, I was reminded that he swore by it.

Anyway, I am currently trying to do Stillmans for 2 weeks. I need to jump start my weight loss as I have about 45 lbs to go and am VERY impatient! However, Stillmans is sooooo boring and restrictive and although I can get through 2 weeks, I know I will not make it a WOE. JUDDD sounds wonderful as a WOE for life since nothing is off limits on you UDs....

So, back to my question. How much did you all loose on INDUCTION and how much have you lost total..(in how much time?)

Thank you all for the answers. I have a feeling I will be joining you soon!
bbpn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!

While there's technically an "induction" with JUDDD, it really isn't an induction in the classic sense as there's really no difference between the first two weeks and the rest of the plan. The only difference is that Dr. J recommends shakes/bars for the first two weeks, but very few of us used those, preferring real food, and just being vigilant in counting those calories.

That being said, in my first two weeks, I lost 7.6 lbs. To date, I've lost 47 lbs in 5 months (tomorrow) with JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bbpn
Stats: 207/198/150
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: May 10, 2012
Hi Keiras mom. I was getting that "induction" thing from his site, however I realized it seems induction is the ENTIRE diet until maintance anyway....Your losses are GREAT! Seems about average as with any other diet (8-10 lbs a month)just that sticking to it is much easier? and isn't that the point anyway?

I have tried EVERYTHING, and while I always have success when I stick to something, it seems sticking to something for more then a few weeks is exactly my problem!!! Sooo....I think I might give this a try. Can you tell me what you find easier on your DDs? Fasting or eating? Also, a question to anyone who can answer.....I plan to start INSANITY on Monday...and it is intensive (6 days a week) for 2 months. Should I wait until after Insanity to begin JUDDD due to the DD cal reduction being toooo reduced for excercise, or should I just do it???? Thoughts PLEASE!!!
bbpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Just do it!
"Fasted workouts" are extremely beneficial for building muscle & burning fat (google it if you're not familiar with the term).

Also, DD calories are very flexible. The calculator automatically shows 20% + little/no exercise, but be sure to check out the higher percentages + exercise so you know your options & don't feel intimidated.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpn View Post
Hi Keiras mom. I was getting that "induction" thing from his site, however I realized it seems induction is the ENTIRE diet until maintance anyway....Your losses are GREAT! Seems about average as with any other diet (8-10 lbs a month)just that sticking to it is much easier? and isn't that the point anyway?

I have tried EVERYTHING, and while I always have success when I stick to something, it seems sticking to something for more then a few weeks is exactly my problem!!! Sooo....I think I might give this a try. Can you tell me what you find easier on your DDs? Fasting or eating? Also, a question to anyone who can answer.....I plan to start INSANITY on Monday...and it is intensive (6 days a week) for 2 months. Should I wait until after Insanity to begin JUDDD due to the DD cal reduction being toooo reduced for excercise, or should I just do it???? Thoughts PLEASE!!!
I'm not an exerciser so I'm glad PJ answered your exercise question. I agree about the "sticking to it" aspect. This is the only plan I've made it past the 3 month mark. I love the flexibility and the freedom.

I have both fasted and eaten on my DDs. I really just let my body dictate. Right now I'm taking a maintenance break to let my body catch up, since I've lost nearly 60 lbs in just over six months (with Atkins first, then JUDDD), so I have higher calorie DDs and I tend to eat 3 meals. When I do lower calorie DDs, I often skip breakfast and split my calories into lunch and dinner. I prefer that over completely fasting, but everyone's different.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I lost four pounds the first week. After that I lost between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds a week. Until I messed up and accidentally started eating too little too infrequently. Lost three pounds in the week I started eating right again. Total: 7 pounds on LC (in the first two weeks, followed by a 2.5 month stall), and 23 pounds on JUDDD.

Yes, this is an easy WOE to live with. But, for me, the real reason I have made it a long-term WOL is all health improvements. Signs of inflammation are gone/departing rapidly. Arthritis pain is gone.

I suggest you take a long look at the non-scale victories thread. It is supports what science says about IF/alternate day caloric restriction and is worth exploring.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 05-12-2012 at 05:23 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Good for you! if you're worried about working out and fasting together, I recommend you check out the Leangains site.

I lost about 10 pounds in the first two weeks, but I probably would have lost that much if I did stillmans or low carb or whatever, it was right after the holidays and I must have been quite bloated.

If you find that you do need something extra to fuel intense workouts on a downday, I'd probably add a bit of complex carb pre-workout and some protein post workout and not worry about it too much. (I would consider Insanity to count as a hard workout so even going by the calculator on JUDDD site, for me it tells me to raise my down day calories by 200... and while most of us don't use the exercise amounts the calculator spits out, I don't think in your case eating a few hundred extra calories as pre and post workout nutrition will slow you down, that'll get burned through quickly with your workouts).

And as for down days, what I do is eat late. I usually try to eat at like 7pm, because I find that eating makes me hungrier on those days. So I tough it out. When I do eat, I eat high protein, low carb, low fat... pretty much what you'd eat on Stillmans. Chicken breast, eggs, and veggies like cucumber or tomato to add some variety. Maybe an egg white omelette with fat free/low fat ham. Stuff like that, I found that while fat DOES satiate me, it takes an equal portion size-wise (say, same size steak vs same size chicken breast), and that makes the calories just skyrocket. So I stick to protein.

Last edited by Hazelsmrf; 05-12-2012 at 09:18 AM..
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I'm coming up on two weeks and haven't lost anything BUT I did lose about 10 pounds the month before I started so that could be it.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
I'm a slow loser. Here are my losses by week, slow but steady:

3/8/2012 204.2
3/15/2012 202.6
3/22/2012 203.0
3/29/2012 200.8
4/5/2012 199.2
4/12/2012 199.0
4/19/2012 201.2
4/26/2012 196.8
5/3/2012 196.0
5/10/2012 196.0

I think those that lose slow, also lose slow on JUDDD. However, we only "diet" half of the days. I prefer that to anything else I've been on.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post

I think those that lose slow, also lose slow on JUDDD. However, we only "diet" half of the days. I prefer that to anything else I've been on.

I agree.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
PS....plus, I think you'll be mad if u work out really hard for 2 months and don't see a lot of changes, then start losing amazing weight doing JUDDD; you'll wonder why you waited, and what would have happened if you'd done both at the same time.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I lost one pound the first two weeks. Then pretty steady at a pound per week until recently but this week I have lost another pound. It is not a quick fix weightloss program by any means. But the turtle is winning.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Slow for me too, but I came here 3 pounds to my original goal. It took me almost 4 weeks to get there. Then I maintained for 6 weeks and decided I wanted to lose a bit more. Lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks at that point.

Obviously I had some healing that needed to happen before my body would release the weight easily.

I've been maintaining again now for the past 4-5 weeks.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I lost one pound the first two weeks. Then pretty steady at a pound per week until recently but this week I have lost another pound. It is not a quick fix weightloss program by any means. But the turtle is winning.

Just call me Cecil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cecil the turtle.jpg (26.9 KB, 2 views)
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote