Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Better than any scale!

I've briefly mentioned this once on the other site. When I really want to know how well my diet is going or not going whatever the case, I have a go to plan. I simply call it my "naked in the mirror" test. Once I get a good look I can predict what's going to be on the scale about 99% of the time. But the reason I like this is you can kind of tell the difference between a water gain and a fat gain. By now no one knows our bodies like we do. If I like what I see in the mirror, whatever the scale says that takes some of the sting out of it. If you aren't brave enough for my mirror test you can always use those favorite pair of jeans. You know, the ones that as long as those fit you don't have to kill yourself yet. Just a thought.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Vanessa, I made a post about this also. It is amazing to look in the mirror, and even tho I'm still much overweight, and still have many inches and pounds to lose, I can see "definition" taking place on my body! It is amazing to see this...

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I know what you mean Carole, just today I actually saw the beginnings of my long lost waist lol. It's amazing how little it takes to make me happy these days, who would have thought? if I can ever figure it out I'll put my pic with my profile. I'm not very tech savy lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I caught a hint of rib cage. Not ready to jump up and down with joy yet, but it sure is nice knowing those bones are still lurking in there somewhere.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I'm glad for the naked test because I CANNOT seem to find out how much I weigh!!!!! I bought a scale at the beginning of this, 3 or 4 weeks ago. It seemed to work, but I had to shake it and bang it to get a reading. This worsened until it felt like a Cirque du Soleil (sp?) act every morning. Then I left town for 11 days. No scales. I came back excited to see a scale reading. Stayed off the scale the first day because it was an UD. Got really enthusiastic and returned the Cirque scale to the store, bought a better one. This morning, I stepped on the new scale and got a ridiculous number. Tried again and got a completely different number. Same on third and fourth tries. Fifteen pounds difference from try to try I'll take it back today.
Sorry. Long story. Bottom line is I have no idea how much I weigh, which is not bad for me. It leaves me paying more attention to the fact that my clothes are good, my body feels good, and I'm better off leaving the instant gratification (or instant despair) of numbers out of this for now. Do Juddd and
let JUDDD do me.
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Kristen, I finally threw out the expensive electronic scales and am now sticking with a good 'old fashioned analog scale. It makes me way less crazy!