Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
The Book. Should I get it?

I have the South beach book, Atkins, Eat Fat weight less. Lots of books.

I have been on JUDDD for a week now and it's working its magic
Should I buy the book, is there stuff in there Im missing?

Thoughts?
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lexy
Stats: 168/160/136
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: April 23rd 2012
Can't answer about the book as I have not bought it either.
Just popped in to say
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I "got" the book from my library. I have borrowed it several times from the library. Maybe your library has it so you can decide if you want to have it (or not!).
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(190)/size 14(175)/size 12
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013
Just another option, I got mine at Goodwill ($4), or as Dawn said, you could borrow it from the library. I read about half of it, but I get more good sensible information via the JUDDD BUDDs than trying to decipher it out of a book. Lots of technical/sciency stuff in the book that I just don't "get".

IMO, you don't NEED it to succeed with this WOE.
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I keep thinking I'm going to get it and then I don't. I've been doing JUDDD for almost 5 months (tomorrow!) without it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I found it at our library - didn't help me any more than reading through lots and lots of JUDDD threads, old and new. I've found the personal experiences/trial and errors of our JUDDD BUDDS helped so much more.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #7

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
The other thing about these so called "diet books". They are stuffed more than half full of recipes. Recipes that I would never in a million years want to make!!
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I say yes! Like you, I have all those books and MORE! One of my current favorites is "The Dukan Diet" by Dr. Pierre Dukan. I just bought Chris Powell's book. Have Jillian Michael's books and "The Warrior Diet" is another IF book and so is the little "Fast-Five" book.

I mark up books with a pen as I read and fold down the corner on pages that interest me. I'm finding the more I learn, the more healthy eating is just becoming second nature.

The "why" and "how" it works becomes very motivating. You really understand what's going on in your body.

Dukan has some great, great info about a lot of things. He is a big fan of lean protein, dairy and non-starchy vegetables, especially green leafy ones. He has some good tips for if you stall and even a section on what you can do to give your weight loss a boost. (Stuff like, chew on 6 ice cubes a day and you will lose an extra 10 pounds in a year or something like that. My numbers might not be exact, but you get my point).

If you feel like you are retaining water or you are stalling out on losing, he recommends for one day, instead of drinking water, make a huge pitcher of green tea. Pour it over ice and drink it all day long, as much as you can and eat pure, lean protein and fat free, lactose free dairy all day.

I have found that if I do that on a DD I get great results and get rid of any extra water my body doesn't need. Then I can go right back to my next UD and have anything my heart (and tummy) desires and JUDD keeps on working.

I like Dr. J's writing style. Very friendly. Very much like he knows where we are coming from because he's in the same boat!

He is not a nutritionist. He is a plastic surgeon. And, he finds that he cannot keep his DDs real low. He just can't. So, he goes all the way up to 50% on DDs and can still lose or maintain.

Anyway, I obviously think it's a good read. I love to read. I'm an information junkie and gladly admit it! I don't think you will regret it if you can afford to buy the book and you get it. Also, I can predict that it won't collect dust on your shelf like some other diet books do! Some of us go back to it for reference or motivation quite frequently. The two books on my coffee table right now are Dukan and Dr. J's Alternate Day Diet. --along with a note book where I jot down little gems as I learn them.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi, I was very glad that I purchased the book and would recommend it.

Dr. Johnson really has something new to say that can't be found in previous books out there, and he says it without talking down or taking up unnecessary pages. I was pleased to see that there was some science in it, and I wanted to read about the studies that have been done and ALL the health benefits, not just weight loss.

Also if you are ever questioned or criticized about your way of eating, it's good to be able to say you have the well-researched book by a reputable physician!

I think it's a value.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
I get more good sensible information via the JUDDD BUDDs than trying to decipher it out of a book. Lots of technical/sciency stuff in the book that I just don't "get".

IMO, you don't NEED it to succeed with this WOE.
Agreed
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have the book and I always like to read the actual diet plan by the author so I don't get conflicting information.
It is up to you. But I love to read and I will reread portions of the book for motivation or for clarification if I forget something.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote