Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Thankyou. JUDDD BUDDS

Well folks its me again.. First i want to thank you all for the support you have shown me and the love i get off this forum.. With out you all i would never have continued once i saw my weight start to crawl and then stall.. Jamie had a great idea which was seconded by miss Sopie the cat and many others to change things up.. Well it took 11 days of wating it out to finally lose what i was gaining.. and get below where i was 11 days ago.. finally !.. I have been eating 1650 on UD and 450to 500 on DD.. and today ( after actaully eating food i still dropped) 192.2.! I was afraid i will admitt.. when i saw my number start to climb from 192.4 up to 195 i thought my world had come to an end.. and i soo had to fight my heads urge to go into starvation.. i belived in my head that my answer was EAT LESS!! till what?? Till i eat nothing??? I have to say this was an extremely hard concept to try..TO EAT on a DD. I was afraid of the hunger that would return.. that i would just keep gaining... And well here i am,, finaly back where i was 11 days ago this night mare started.. BIG HUGS to my friends here who help me stay the course.. (well a new modifyed course) I cant thank you all enough and a special hug goes out to our MAN JUDDDer, Jamie! Thanks guy!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Very happy for you Kimberly. KUTGW
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD

I'm so glad you hung in there!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Me too,, i have to say i never gave up.. but i sure didnt belive I was hearing all those past failures in my head telling me ,,"this is the best your ever goin to have"
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
LOVE THIS!!! Shaking things up !!!

I am a bit late in learning about this method of Jamie's, but I decided to follow Sophie's advice and went into maintenance. Will keep everyone updated!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
whew, for a second there I thought you were leaving us, Kimberly! Reading further, I'm sooo glad that's not the case! WTG on your progress, girly! Sometimes the body just needs some rest after losing, but when it's ready to go again it seems like we can jump-start and enhance the process by shaking things up! KUTGW, my pal!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm glad to hear this. I'm still aware of so much I missed during the three weeks I was gone, so I think I missed your story, but I do agree that folks need to resist the enormous urge to lower their calories beyond their UD numbers in order to stimulate weight loss to occur during a period of pause.. or to make their rate-of-loss speed up a bit. That's the old fashioned concept of *dieting*, and in a lot of instances that slows our metabolism down even more than it was running, so slowly that it got us overweight to begin with! LOL

But this plan, and the concept of intermittent fasting in general, is strong in the juxtaposition of a fasting period played against a feasting period, and that stimulates our bodies to perform at their most optimum level. Yes, you absolutely can fast totally on DDs, or eat at a very low DD calorie level if you choose, but you really will be best served to eat fully on your UD to stimulate your metabolism to rev up once again.

I think a problem sometimes lies in the fact that some of us need to wait patiently for some *healing* to be accomplished within us, in order for our weight loss to perk up.

And then too, sometimes we come to JUDDD from following very low carb, so we're pretty depleted in normal glucose/glycogen stores and the accompanying water weight from that. And when we start JUDDD, we often also start consuming more carbs, and that can pack some water weight back on! If we don't realize what's happening to us, we might be lead to believe that JUDDD isn't working for us..... that we are gaining weight on it. And, in fact, we may well be losing body fat right along.. only regaining some initial water weight at the same time. And the scale can't show us how our body is being transformed with some loss of body fat already. It can only show us that fat weight lost has been replaced with water weight regained, and we weight still about the same. But the tape measure can show us that we're reconfiguring our figures, and JUDDD is indeed working.

Glad it looks like it's all coming together for you now! If you have your numbers figured correctly for your Up & Down Days, and if you accurately stick to those numbers pretty closely, the chances are very, very good that JUDDD will work beautifully for you. And you'll lose the body fat that you'd like to see gone! Yay!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
LOVE THIS!!! Shaking things up !!!

I am a bit late in learning about this method of Jamie's, but I decided to follow Sophie's advice and went into maintenance. Will keep everyone updated!
I cant wait to hear how things work out for you~ Jamie had a great post in i think the slow loser thread. about upping the DD calories to like 35 % loss mode at the judd cal site, and then decreasing the UD calories by the same amount.. mine give me actually like672 on a down day , but i only have gotten brave enough to eat 450 so far.. go check it out!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
whew, for a second there I thought you were leaving us, Kimberly! Reading further, I'm sooo glad that's not the case! WTG on your progress, girly! Sometimes the body just needs some rest after losing, but when it's ready to go again it seems like we can jump-start and enhance the process by shaking things up! KUTGW, my pal!
i love you Sophie the cat.. you have been a great help to me on my journey.. many others as well, but you are my JUDDD pal for life dear!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Kim, congratulations for your persistence! I'd love to hear the summary of your tweaking, too, if you care to repeat. I can totally identify with the fear you felt when you were moving in a direction you didn't like. It'd be SO tempting to react with panic. (I love that your thought was to reduce. Mine'd be to eat everything I could find!) I'm learning huge things from those of you who have been around for a while. Thanks,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm glad to hear this. I'm still aware of so much I missed during the three weeks I was gone, so I think I missed your story, but I do agree that folks need to resist the enormous urge to lower their calories beyond their UD numbers in order to stimulate weight loss to occur during a period of pause.. or to make their rate-of-loss speed up a bit. That's the old fashioned concept of *dieting*, and in a lot of instances that slows our metabolism down even more than it was running, so slowly that it got us overweight to begin with! LOL

But this plan, and the concept of intermittent fasting in general, is strong in the juxtaposition of a fasting period played against a feasting period, and that stimulates our bodies to perform at their most optimum level. Yes, you absolutely can fast totally on DDs, or eat at a very low DD calorie level if you choose, but you really will be best served to eat fully on your UD to stimulate your metabolism to rev up once again.

I think a problem sometimes lies in the fact that some of us need to wait patiently for some *healing* to be accomplished within us, in order for our weight loss to perk up.

And then too, sometimes we come to JUDDD from following very low carb, so we're pretty depleted in normal glucose/glycogen stores and the accompanying water weight from that. And when we start JUDDD, we often also start consuming more carbs, and that can pack some water weight back on! If we don't realize what's happening to us, we might be lead to believe that JUDDD isn't working for us..... that we are gaining weight on it. And, in fact, we may well be losing body fat right along.. only regaining some initial water weight at the same time. And the scale can't show us how our body is being transformed with some loss of body fat already. It can only show us that fat weight lost has been replaced with water weight regained, and we weight still about the same. But the tape measure can show us that we're reconfiguring our figures, and JUDDD is indeed working.

Glad it looks like it's all coming together for you now! If you have your numbers figured correctly for your Up & Down Days, and if you accurately stick to those numbers pretty closely, the chances are very, very good that JUDDD will work beautifully for you. And you'll lose the body fat that you'd like to see gone! Yay!
Thanks Pat.. about all ya missed on my end was a crawl stall that started to creep up and i got scared.. i have been faithfull to my rotation and numbers and changed nothing.. when all of a sudden it just stopped working.. i kind of panic
Old 05-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #12

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Awesome Kimberly. I think it takes real courage to go against what your "instinct" tells you, and to trust in the advice of others. I'm pleased you're finding what's working for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I cant wait to hear how things work out for you~ Jamie had a great post in i think the slow loser thread. about upping the DD calories to like 35 % loss mode at the judd cal site, and then decreasing the UD calories by the same amount.. mine give me actually like672 on a down day , but i only have gotten brave enough to eat 450 so far.. go check it out!
I may be of a different mind than some here, but I wouldn't do this for all the tea in China. This begins to diminish one of the great strengths of JUDDD... the huge spread between the very low calorie Down Days and the great calorie number of the Up Days.

Upping the DD calories and lowering the UD calories begins to narrow that spread between these two important days, and begins to take all of the days closer to that middle ground.. and ends up being far more like a standard *diet* of eating lower calories on all days. That has slowed my metabolism down so many times in the past, I think it is one of the reasons I trashed my metabolism in the first place.

The strength of that big difference between DD and UD is what helps create that huge pounding effect on our metabolism, pounding up and down between the two numbers, acting like some great piston, and pounding up against that calorie ceiling UD after UD after UD, pushing our metabolism to perform at a faster rate of burn.

It's working for us on the inside too, healing us with the good nutrition that we can bring to our bodies by feeding fully on our UDs.

A strength of JUDDD is that we feast on UDs, to our great long-term benefit. It isn't a *diet* day. But it has its own important purpose. JUDDD just calls for patience. It isn't touted as a fast weight loss plan, but it is a very healing one, and a very good one for our long-term health and weight control. But I still think it's smartest to do it pretty much by the book, so to speak. But just my thoughts on the subject here.

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-11-2012 at 08:28 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Kim, congratulations for your persistence! I'd love to hear the summary of your tweaking, too, if you care to repeat. I can totally identify with the fear you felt when you were moving in a direction you didn't like. It'd be SO tempting to react with panic. (I love that your thought was to reduce. Mine'd be to eat everything I could find!) I'm learning huge things from those of you who have been around for a while. Thanks,
Kristin
Well Kristen thanks hun.. and in a nut shell.. I was eating my up day calories of 1950-2000 every day.. and im sorry but i struggle to eat that much food... I seamm to feel best on low cal choices that are bulky so hard to get the numbers i needed most days.. its always felt wrong for my body.. my eating before this has always been small amts of food and yet i gained my way up to 225.. any way,, my down days before i ate no food.. i only consumed 120 cal from my coffee and creamer.. this seamed to work great for about two months and then i hit a brick wall.. and my number on the scale started to bounce up and seamed to stay up.. So jamie and sophie had great ideas to mix it up.. jamie said to up the down day and reduce the up day.. soo my numbers are now 450/1644... The hardest part for me was to put food in on down days.. i was afraid i would not be able to stop eating once i started.. but i soon realizzed i have control over when i chose to feed.. I chose to eat that single 350 cal meal at 11am after my 100 cal of coffee and then i save one cup of coffee for about 5 pm.. i did just fine eating like that.. one thing or two things i did differnt was also.. i ate choclate pudding.. not had that in 5 months, and i ate two sorces of bread.. a bagel and wheat bread from sub way.. so perhaps just the new food choices confussed my system as well as the induction of feeding on down days.. not sure.. but holy happy was i to see my old number with a lillte more gone again. woo hoo for 192.2 soo thrilled agin
Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and yes, we have to eat to lose and maintain on our wonderful JUDDD plan.

What a novel concept, huh!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I may be of a different mind than some here, but I wouldn't do this for all the tea in China. This begins to diminish one of the great strengths of JUDDD... the huge spread between the very low calorie Down Days and the great calorie number of the Up Days.

Upping the DD calories and lowering the UD calories begins to narrow that spread between these two important days, and begins to take all of the days closer to that middle ground.. and ends up being far more like a standard *diet* of eating lower calories on all days. That has slowed my metabolism down so many times in the past, I think it is one of the reasons I trashed my metabolism in the first place.

The strength of that big difference between DD and UD is what helps create that huge pounding effect on our metabolism, pounding up and down between the two numbers, acting like some great piston, and pounding up against that calorie ceiling UD after UD after UD, pushing our metabolism to perform at a faster rate of burn.

It's working for us on the inside too, healing us with the good nutrition that we can bring to our bodies by feeding fully on our UDs.

A strength of JUDDD is that we feast on UDs, to our great long-term benefit. It isn't a *diet* day. But it has its own important purpose. JUDDD just calls for patience. It isn't touted as a fast weight loss plan, but it is a very healing one, and a very good one for our long-term health and weight control. But I still think it's smartest to do it pretty much by the book, so to speak. But just my thoughts on the subject here.
i think for the most part yes PAt on this.. But i also think my body needed a lil extra confusion.. so with the playing of these numbers once again.. my body is reacting to it ,, for now.. and the great thing is .. i can always move them numbers back up when this way stops working too . at least i pray thats the case
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
my numbers are now 450/1644...
i ate choclate pudding.. not had that in 5 months, and i ate two sorces of bread.. a bagel and wheat bread from sub way.. so perhaps just the new food choices confussed my system as well as the induction of feeding on down days.. not sure.. but holy happy was i to see my old number with a lillte more gone again. woo hoo for 192.2 soo thrilled agin
Ahhh, that had me worried for a second too (hoping your calorie swing was still big enough), but then I see your spread is still quite nice, so you should not have a problem with 450/1600.

And yes, another way to shake things up is to "carb up" if you are normally LC. You could call it carb-cycling too - even some on the ML have success with this. One version is to eat LC all week and then carb up on the weekend, or at least one day of the weekend, then go back to LC. Or some version of alternating the carbs.

Sounds like you're on the right track, Kimberly!!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #18

Quote:

i think for the most part yes PAt on this.. But i also think my body needed a lil extra confusion.. so with the playing of these numbers once again.. my body is reacting to it ,, for now.. and the great thing is .. i can always move them numbers back up when this way stops working too . at least i pray thats the case
I hope that will work for you, JUDDD BUDDD!

For so many of us, even eating our calories the JUDDD way, there can easily be a week of no weight loss showing on the scale. Seems strange, but weight loss just isn't linear, not just a simple lowering of the dial in straight response to what we ate the day before. So I had periods of no weight loss, even though following my numbers accurately. I held down to my DD numbers and little below, and I ate up to my UD calorie ceiling, and occasionally but rarely much over. It healed my metabolism as time went by, and it increased my metabolic rate of burn to the point where I can now eat more calories, and at a much higher carb level, than I've been able to enjoy in years and still stay about where I enjoy living my life, weight-wise.

For myself, lowering my UD cals has only served to slow my metabolism down.. particularly when paired with a lower calorie day before and after and ongoing... So after slowing my metabolism down by lowering my cals, I then would find myself in a position of wanting to eat more, but of having slowed my metabolism down so I couldn't handle eating more. Perhaps this won't happen for you.

But doing JUDDD was the plan that worked the best for me. I'm absolutely sold on it! As if you couldn't tell. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-11-2012 at 08:43 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I hope that will work for you, JUDDD BUDDD!

For so many of us, even eating our calories the JUDDD way, there can easily be a week of no weight loss showing on the scale. Seems strange, but weight loss just isn't linear, not just a simple lowering of the dial in straight response to what we ate the day before. So I had periods of no weight loss, even though following my numbers accurately. I held down to my DD numbers and little below, and I ate up to my UD calorie ceiling, and occasionally but rarely much over. It healed my metabolism as time went by, and it increased my metabolic rate of burn to the point where I can now eat more calories, and at a much higher carb level, than I've been able to enjoy in years and still stay about where I enjoy living my life, weight-wise.

For myself, lowering my UD cals has only served to slow my metabolism down.. particularly when paired with a lower calorie day before and after and ongoing... So after slowing my metabolism down by lowering my cals, I then would find myself in a position of wanting to eat more, but of having slowed my metabolism down so I couldn't handle eating more. Perhaps this won't happen for you.

But doing JUDDD was the plan that worked the best for me. I'm absolutely sold on it! As if you couldn't tell. LOL
I love you Pat.. and always i value your thoughts and your love of JUDDD.. Thanks you for sharing your sucess with us as well, and yes. we all need to find out what works for us!~
Old 05-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:

I don't have a lot of calories to do that with either BUT Jamie has a lot to lose and very high calculator numbers to play with PLUS he is a he.
Now I did quit fasting on DD's this week and have started eating around 300 calories but I have not reduced my UD's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
today ( after actaully eating food i still dropped) 192.2.!
Change your stats, gal!

So glad to see you're hanging in there. I know how frustrated you've been and hope this tweak helps you.

Pat said,
Quote:
weight loss just isn't linear, not just a simple lowering of the dial in straight response to what we ate the day before. So I had periods of no weight loss, even though following my numbers accurately.
And that's really so very true. Nor is (usually) weight gain. At least for me it never has been. As I bounce down w/ JUDDD, I'm very much reminded of how I bounced UP when I was gaining weight. I didn't have a strictly incremental rise in the numbers on the scale - and that is partly the reason I could fool myself into not really believing I was getting so fat (when I dared weighing myself at all).
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Aww thanks Sheridan.. I hated to change my number in the first place.. but now i get to change it back !! woohooo
Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Change your stats, gal!

So glad to see you're hanging in there. I know how frustrated you've been and hope this tweak helps you.

Pat said, And that's really so very true. Nor is (usually) weight gain. At least for me it never has been. As I bounce down w/ JUDDD, I'm very much reminded of how I bounced UP when I was gaining weight. I didn't have a strictly incremental rise in the numbers on the scale - and that is partly the reason I could fool myself into not really believing I was getting so fat (when I dared weighing myself at all).
I so identify with what you said about how we gain and then don't realize we are ballooning up. It sneaks up on us for sure.

DITTO on Kimberly changing stats.

Kimberly: GO do it, Girl!!! I'm so happy this worked for you. I really like how you said you needed to confuse your body to get things moving.

You know it happened to me but was not intentional!!! I just fell into a week end of emotional/stress eating. Then after a fasting DD and controlled UP, had the biggest downward whoosh I've ever seen!!! So, now I'm truly a believer in Sophiethecat's theory about "shaking things up". And, also in Jamie's ideas about experimenting now and then.

In the first few weeks it's not a good idea, to be sure. But after a long stall and upward crawl, tweaking is the name of the game.

KUTGW girl!! We are all learning from you!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Aww that means alot coming from you Yamyam.. i love ya girl! I dint share with folks here that i was under stress and that maybe that detail cause some issue too with my gian or stall, i was not sleeping.. due to my mother in law passed away and i could not be with my husband when he traveld alone to Georgia for a week.. It was very hard to stay focused on eating when i was a lil depressed.. so i could so relate to your post YAmyam about your sisters down fall in her health.. But i did not get rewarded with a 7 pound wooosh like you did! WOW i still cant belive it, that was amazing!! I think i was eating way way under what i was supposed to.. durring that time

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 05-11-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kimberely: I'm so sorry for the loss you and your DH experienced.

Oh yes, lack of sleep was part of my problem, too. Sleep is a huge factor in weight loss. It is soooooooo important. I've mentioned the details of it many times on this forum.

I had 3 consecutive nights of not sleeping, worrying, and eating in the middle of the night in front of the tv!!! Thus the 5 pound jump up on the scale! Yuck!

I had to take Simply Sleep by Tylenol on Monday night because I was just so sleep deprived I couldn't get to sleep if that makes sense. No way did I want to have another sleepless night. It worked.

I sure hope your DH is back home and that you are sleeping better. Please relay my condolences to him. Losing your Mum is hard for anyone; maybe more so for guys. I know as I lost mine in 1991.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 05-11-2012 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am doing the Happy Dance for Kimberly!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Aw, this is a great post! Go ahead and inspire us stuck slowpokes to shake it up!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I am so glad your tweaks worked Kimberly.

I found the same this week, I needed to eat more to lose/maintain. For me, it was my UD's that were dropping too low, so I wasn't relieving the stress response of the DD. For you, perhaps, you were going too deep into that stress response and weren't pulling out of it on the UD.

After staying at these levels for a time, and making sure they are working for you, you might try bumping the UD by 50 cals or so just to see if your metabolism will burn hotter to handle it.

But for now, it looks like you've found something that is going to get you moving again. And that's great!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I'm going to have to agree with Pats posts on this one. I understand that sometimes you need to shake things up. But Juddd creates a very delicate balance in our bodies and as many of you have said, there are reasons why we stop losing for a period of time. Healing as an example and perhaps reasons we don't even know about yet.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Yep... I am goin to use these number for a while, and see where it takes me,, and yes pehaps upping the up day calories to the 1900 somthing they sugested. is somplace i can work toward,, 50 calories at a time.. for now, i feel great now that i am not stuffing my self to get so high.. I want to enjoy life and for me, eating latley really has no pleasure.. the restriction i have put onn my own style of foods i am willing to consume make it hard to reach to those huge amounts of food.. I'm actaully energized.. something i have been waitng for since i started JUDDD two months ago.. time will tell, and my body will heal,, and then i will torture it agin!! HAHA.. just kiddng. But i will heed all the advise of the more experiencd JUDDD BUDDDs and keep that in mind while i journey with my weight and health.. love to all! ~