Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
JUDD gone off course

I went out of town last Friday morning with every intention of staying on plan. However the first night I had a few bloody mary's. This was supposed to be my DD. The next day didn't go any better. Had a few beers. And on to the next day. You get the picture. I never really ate out of control at all though.

Got back home Monday night. So now I have had several days with no idea the calories I have eaten. JUDD just went out the window. I gained about 4 pounds in those few days. Maybe (hopefully) it is partly water weight. And I have just now today gotten myself back on track and made this a true DD.

Has anyone else done this? I am a little mad at myself.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's water weight and will be taken care of with a few good DDs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I'm hoping that but I feel so fat right now.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I would easily gain twice that and my experience is that it will be gone after 2-3 good DDs. Just get back to the rotation and don't try to eat less to make up for it. You don't need to.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
It will be gone after a couple of good DD's, and probably take a friend along with it! We all have to live our life, and the magic of JUDDD lets us do just that!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
I have absolutely done this...more times than I care to admit. Generally I can take care of the damage by getting right back into rotation, and usually by the time I get 2 DD's under my belt, I have caught back up to myself.

But, you know what? Life happens, and JUDDD is much more forgiving than most plans.

I'm sure my overall loss is slower than many due to this - I have spent an unfortunate amount of time catching up for my transgressions, but you know what - at the end of the day, I have still lost, and continue to lose - just slower than originally planned. And I am enjoying those moments in life.

So, get back in the saddle, start again with your rotations, and you will be just fine.

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Do you know what? I've done exactly the same thing. Exactly the same thing. My boyfriend surprised me with a long weekend trip to Rome (I know, I can't believe my luck either!) and I ate anything that came my way. Since the food is so wonderful there, I fully intended to have a fruit and vegetable only down day type of thing, but it rained on that day and I didn't bother.

Today's the first down day I could stomach in a week. I think I must have gained several pounds, not too sure, missed my WW weigh in.

To make matters worse, we're visiting his parents this weekend. His mother is a lovely woman who won't take "don't go to any trouble for me" seriously, so I will have to eat what I'm given - I don't want to offend or hurt her, no diet is worth that.

So it's a DD today and a DD on Monday and then I've nothing at all booked for the next two weeks so it'll be a full rotation and back to myself eventually.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
Has anyone else done this? I am a little mad at myself.
Have I done this? Oh yeah. And at the end of the week I have been at a new low. Just get back on the horse and eat your normal DD/UD calories, it is alright. It really is.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote