Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR.....

I'm sure, when I look in the mirror, I see a much different image than what the "real world" sees. But, you know what? I see a much improved image than I saw just 3 months ago. Front, back, side, no matter which direction I look, the body looks smaller! I know the general public probably still sees a much overweight person, but I don't care. The pounds and INCHES are disappearing, along with the fat image that once was there for me. I've got a long way to go, but with JUDDD and the BUDDDs, I know it will happen! My perception of myself is improving, and that just has to be a good thing!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Self-image is always skewed, but I'm so pleased yours is improving. JUDDD helps not just with the "body" I think, but also with the "body image."

Go Carole!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Carole, you are wonderful! And your blood sugar definitely sees your increasing beauty!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 05-10-2012 at 12:09 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
I'm sure, when I look in the mirror, I see a much different image than what the "real world" sees. But, you know what? I see a much improved image than I saw just 3 months ago. Front, back, side, no matter which direction I look, the body looks smaller! I know the general public probably still sees a much overweight person, but I don't care. The pounds and INCHES are disappearing, along with the fat image that once was there for me. I've got a long way to go, but with JUDDD and the BUDDDs, I know it will happen! My perception of myself is improving, and that just has to be a good thing!

Carole
You are Beautiful inside and out!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Self-image is always skewed, but I'm so pleased yours is improving. JUDDD helps not just with the "body" I think, but also with the "body image." Go Carole!
Dawn, you are so right on with the "body image". I had gotten to where I avoided the mirror, but now, even though the "body" is still very overweight, the image is getting better.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Carole, you are wonderful! And your blood sugar definitely sees your increasing beauty!

gotsomeold, you are a very sweet BUDDD! Don't know about the "increasing beauty", but definite BS results, and improving body image!

Carole
Old 05-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

NoWeigh! First, on your fantastic weight loss!

You make me with the compliment. I do feel beautiful on the inside, and the outside is slowly improving also. Don't think I will ever be considered "beautiful", but improving! I can live with that....

Carole
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
I'm just glad my darn belly is starting to shrink! I did notice that I'm down to 1 roll of back flab, down from 3!!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
NoWeigh! First, on your fantastic weight loss!

You make me with the compliment. I do feel beautiful on the inside, and the outside is slowly improving also. Don't think I will ever be considered "beautiful", but improving! I can live with that....

Carole
You are Beautiful!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Becky, thank you for saying that! I'm used to just hearing that from family. Especially when my husband was living, he would tell me that, and I would kid him that he just didn't want to think he would marry someone that wasn't beautiful! I sure do miss him, even after 22 years! (but that's another story, for another time).

And on losing the belly fat! That seems to be a hard, hard place for a lot of us to lose. It's the last place for me, along with the upper arms.

Carole
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Becky, thank you for saying that! I'm used to just hearing that from family. Especially when my husband was living, he would tell me that, and I would kid him that he just didn't want to think he would marry someone that wasn't beautiful! I sure do miss him, even after 22 years! (but that's another story, for another time).

And on losing the belly fat! That seems to be a hard, hard place for a lot of us to lose. It's the last place for me, along with the upper arms.

Carole
You're welcome! I call em' like I see em'!!

We obviously lose the same, my upper arms are resistant too!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Ah Carole, when I see you looking back at me from your avatar, I see a beautiful woman, radiant, happy and getting healthier! So glad your self perception is improving - that is so wonderful and so important. Congrats, my JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CatherineA
WOE: formerly LC; trying JUDDD 2322.464
Start Date: 5/4/12
Carole, it sounds like your outside is becoming as beautiful as your inside...and your dear husband saw you as completely beautiful - smart man!
CatherineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Ah Carole, when I see you looking back at me from your avatar, I see a beautiful woman, radiant, happy and getting healthier! So glad your self perception is improving - that is so wonderful and so important. Congrats, my JUDDD bud!
I second that, Carole, you seem a very joyful person!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Ah, SOPHIE, CATHERINEA, AND BECKY, no wonder I love this place! All of the BUDDD's on here are so quick to jump in and add praise, comfort and happiness to all. Thank you so much. The point of my post was not to receive compliments (but I do and appreciate them), but to just say that JUDDD is magic, as has been said so many times. The definition that the body goes thru is amazing and fun to watch. Like I said, I have probably another 70 pounds to lose, according to BMR charts, but to see the body change the way it does along the way is absolutely a miracle! I hope everyone on here can see the transformation in their own bodies, and comes on here to post about it

Carole
Old 05-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Hi Carole, I hope it was okay. I sent you a PM hoping for a little help.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Hi NoWeigh...got message and responded. Hope it helps you to feel better!

Carole
Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Arkie, when I see your pic I see a beautiful warm smile and great cheekbones. But more importantly I can see from your postings how lovely you are from the inside out. You should try to more often see yourself through your late husbands eyes. Perhaps then you will see your true self.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
It's great to hear your experience, Carole. In the end, the only thing that really makes a difference is our perception of ourselves.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
JUDDD is magic, as has been said so many times. The definition that the body goes thru is amazing and fun to watch.
Amen to that, sister!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Even with a horrid bounce upwards I had between yesterday AND today, I am seeing many of the changes you speak of. I can see the physical changes, smoother skin here and there, etc. Just wish the scale would reflect all the changes that I see in the mirror!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

MUFFABUFF & CASMIRAI'll say it again...best bunch of BUDDD's to be found, right here on this forum! So encouraging to come here everyday, and read your successes, and your frustrations, and know that all of them will be responded to with love and concern! THANK YOU!

VANILLA, hang in there...this too will pass! I'm at what I call a "setpoint" in my weight...one where my body seems to "stall" (for lack of a better word). But, if we just stay the course and be a little patient, the scale will start moving in the right direction again...but, in the meantime, take a moment and really look at your body. I'm sure you will see new definition going on!

Carole
Old 05-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:

Carole
Carole: Isn't this exciting? when we actually SEE the changes happening?? You have lost a lot of weight from where you started, Girl! I'm so proud of you! Proud of all of us!

I read some interesting things when I was surfing around the web having to do with different kinds of fat in our bodies and which ones burn first.

What I learned is that women tend to burn visceral fat off first and men tend to burn subcutaneous fat first. What this means is, when men lose weight, the first thing to go is the fat right underneath the skin. Especially belly fat.

This is so true for my DH!!! He is now down 27 pounds from the time he started in mid February (darn men! they lose so fast!). His clothes have been falling off they are so big so he went shopping recently and bought a bunch of clothes in smaller sizes. It's soooooooo noticeable when I look at him. Very dramatic change. He had a big, hanging down, sticking out belly. It vanished!

For me, I did not go down one size until after I lost the first 20 pounds!! Visceral fat is the fat that is around the organs, inside muscles and in between muscles. It's the more dangerous fat, so very important to get rid of it. But, it does not make too much of a difference with the tape measure or clothing sizes.

The next 7 pounds brought me down another size. That's when I started JUDDing and the inches just started melting really fast. I must have really started burning up the subcutaneous fat on JUDD because I have gone down from a 14 to a 10 since I started doing JUDD. At 230 I was in a very tight size 18.

I wonder if IF melts both kinds of fat at the same time? Or, maybe all my visceral fat is gone? What do you think?

But, I'm like you right now. I look in the mirror and I can see the difference. I turn and look from all sides, even use a big hand mirror to get a good look at the back side! (And, I'm talking buck neked! Scary, huh?)

When I'm lying on my back in bed in the mornings, I run my hands over my abdomen and cannot believe the difference. It used to be this big, bulging balloon ball of fat. That's gone and it's flat as a pancake. I JUDD!

And I JUDD BUDDs like YOU!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
VANILLA, hang in there...this too will pass! I'm at what I call a "setpoint" in my weight...one where my body seems to "stall" (for lack of a better word). But, if we just stay the course and be a little patient, the scale will start moving in the right direction again...but, in the meantime, take a moment and really look at your body. I'm sure you will see new definition going on!

Carole
Thanks, Carole. I'm right with you, weight wise, and whenever I've managed to get at Onderland's door, my body stalls out. Just seems to love this weight. It's where I got before when I did JUDDD, went on vacation, and fell off the wagon. Thanks for the encouragement. Everytime I get ready to take a shower I give my body the "once over" and I can see the changes. When I have a huge bounce, I look in the mirror again to reaffirm those changes!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Hi YAM-YAM Such great news about your DH and his weight loss! I know you are very proud of him, and he is proud of himself and YOU! Also, interesting read about where we lose the weight. I am happy to know that I'm probably losing around my vital organs, and the fat that shows to the "world" will follow. But even losing the visceral fat must help with the defining of the body...afterall, the fat has to go somewhere when it disappears, so I'm hoping it is going out with the rest of the waste. (probably TMI).

Vanilla...just hang in there, as I know you are! We both know that if we just trust and follow JUDDD, it will work it's magic on us. My DD has been following JUDDD for nearly a month, and getting a little discouraged. She had WLS about 3 years ago, and lost quite a lot, but has put back on some, and never did get to goal. She has lost (with the bounces) about 8 or 9 pounds, and says she cannot tell a difference in her clothes yet. I just try to encourage her every way I can. I don't want her to give up. She says she doesn't have time to come here and read everyday, and that I can just tell her what she needs to know, but we all know that reading it is so much more effective. Maybe someday.....

Carole
Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
You truly are a beautiful person, both inside and out. You made me tear up tonight with what you mentioned about missing your husband - I can't even imagine that loss.

So glad you're able to like what you see. So many times our minds can play such awful tricks on us and keep us down. Here's to many more kind reflections (and before you know it, everywhere you go you'll be stealing a lookie loo at yourself in every reflective surface available).
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, KIMBERINO, for your sweet words! Yes, I still to this day miss my husband. We were only married 25 years when he was taken from me, and now he has been gone 22 years. That just doesn't seem possible. I guess I was meant to be a "one man woman", cause I have not had a single date or been interested in anyone else in all this time. (Sorry, that was probably more than you wanted to know. )

I'm still not anywhere near where I want my body to look like, but it is looking better. Most of the time, I am a very positive person, so my attitude is positive in this case. I know if I just keep on with this WOE, I will get to my goal (and I will know when that happens, I'm sure), and the best part, I'm learning how to eat for life! What could be better than that?

Carole
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I'm so happy for you progress, Carole. And what a lovely post. You keep up the good work, ya here? And I just KNOW you'll get too that goal! We and that JUDDD guy are gonna SEE to it!
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

BUTTONI, I was so glad to see you, when you joined "the dark side". I love reading your recipes, and while I don't always have the ingredients (I'm a very down-home type cook, and eater...last night was fried green tomatoes, chix fried steak (sans gravy), lettuce salad, hush puppies and fresh jalepeno peppers), I have tried some of the simpler ones, and they were delish![

Thank you for posting to my thread....I am just amazed by JUDDD, and wonder why I waited so long to try it.

From what I'm reading, you are very successful with JUDDD. KUTGW!

Carole
Old 05-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:

Carole
This belongs in the Non-scale victories thread, as it is surely a victory! Liking what you see in the mirror is such a gift! I agree with the other buddds that you are lovely, inside and out. And the outside gets lovelier with each passing day.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote