Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Motivation is needed!!!

A little background:

6 years ago, I overextended the ligaments in my knee, and since then I've had trouble doing high impact exercises. I cannot jog, I can't do anything too joint-intensive, and I certainly cannot do things like Zumba, Aerobics or Step classes, for fear of misstepping and being immobile for another 6 weeks.

This has happened several times.

Through my knee, I get the occasional pain in my ankle joint and in my back. (Whenever I stay at my parents' house, this back thing is exacerbated by their terrible beds I have to sleep in)

Bring on T-Tapp. It works, it helps my knee, but I cannot last more than 8 days and then I get so bored and annoyed that I practically lose the will to live!

I have dusted off my bellicon rebounder and have decided to spice up my life and get some real cardio and resistance training this way. I mean, walking the dog 45 minutes a day (90 on weekends daily) is all good and well for health, but it does not do much for anything else...

I will try and do T-Tapp basic workout plus every other day (it does really help with my joints and the whole losing inches bit) and try and do 15 minutes minimum on my rebounder daily. I know some days that life will come up and I won't have too much more time, but I think 15 minutes daily is workable.

Here's where you all come in: I need accountability! I need people to tell me to get off my backside and get moving, and I am happy to share my motivation with others too.

In simple terms: I need exercise BUDDDIES, LOL!

Anyone up for a JUDDD BUDDD exercise habit no excuses thread?

Not sure if there's any interest, but I need a group of tough people who won't take no for an answer to be motivated by and to motivate to really make this into a habit, and not a once in a blue moon thing!

All exercise is welcome, just as long as you are willing to commit to a daily moving of the body for health!

Wanna join? (I'm a mean lady when it comes to motivating, I'm all about tough love and I will find you, LOL)

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
I'm in.

Once you get into the habit motivation comes from how well you feel but I know it's tough to push through that first month.

I recently committed to doing my HIIT workouts on UDs and moving my butt on DDs (cycling, swimming) I've been lazy and only done anything three times a week for months.

So Mimosa - have you done one of your workout today?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay!!!! Thanks for joining! We should think of a name and post a challenge... Here or in the Challenges board... Let's see who else is up for some Kickass JUDDD BUDDD motivation!

.... Ok... Embarassed now... I'm admitting to not exercising yet today.. And now I'm sat at my desk at work! I'm committing to my T-Tapp this early evening, doing 20 minutes, and then taking the dog for a walk for at least 45 minutes.

And you???? What's on for today?
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, managed to already get in some unconventional exercise: I had to vacuum my house and do some mopping and make beds as we have unexpected guests staying with us tomorrow evening. Did it at high speed in my hour lunch break, so now I'm all hot and bothered, LOL!

Will do my T-Tapp when I get home this evening and then go for the walk with the dog... All in all, it's turning out to be a pretty good day for exercise!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
walmart has this little exercise bike. You can put it in front of your couch and use it while you watch tv. Its just the feet peddles, not the seat or anything. Its like $20 bucks. I have a client that uses it. He had a stroke (left side effected) and a big bike is not something he can use. I put this up to his chair and he uses it for an hour a day watching Ellen!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I walk 25-28 miles a week and plan to add in some strength training soon!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Ok, I need this. I always have the best of intentions, and the days just go by with me doing nothing.

Today, I will do squats, pushups and planks--2 sets.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Did some healthy walking today - round the clothes shops. Hey - it's all exercise.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Tuesday I worked out with a personal trainer and then did water aerobics. Yesterday just water aerobics and swimming laps.

Today I have an appointment with the trainer at 12:15. Bring on the torture!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I would like advise on how we get the fat out of the mufin top? If i could lose that roll that goes all the way around i would "look" much better in my clothes instead of still hiding in my old 2X.. I have started a walking plan every day to get things started due to i dont get up and move.. any ideas for me?
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I would like advise on how we get the fat out of the mufin top? If i could lose that roll that goes all the way around i would "look" much better in my clothes instead of still hiding in my old 2X.. I have started a walking plan every day to get things started due to i dont get up and move.. any ideas for me?
Walking is a great start, Kimberly! Be faithful to at least 30 minutes of brisk walking every day, and you will begin to see improvement.

If there is any way you can incorporate some serious cardio into your life, that will burn the muffin away even faster. Too speed up the cardio burning, do it in a fasted state. There is lots of research showing that fat burn increases dramatically when doing cardio in a fasted state.

On my DD's this week I have been really loving the workouts, both cardio and strength training. Not only am I doing a good thing for my body and having fun, it's also making the DD time pass quickly!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Kimberly, just popped into my head: Do you have access to a swimming pool? New research is showing that exercising in cool or cold water really speeds up fat loss.

Taking a water aerobics class or just swimming laps or water walking is great.

DH bought me Speedo Aquafit Water work out "weights" for my birthday last June. I love them!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

I love the swiming idea due to i do have hip,back and knee issues.. that might be the answer im looking for Thanks YAmYAm!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/19/2012
I personally love swimming as I hate, Hate, HATE getting sweaty. I also remember when I was on the swim team in high school (at 215lbs) and getting so very mad that I didn't lose a single pound. I did, however, lose about 2 sizes in jeans so I'd say it would be very good for getting rid of the muffin top, just be prepared that the scale may go rogue on you for a while while you're trading fat for muscle.
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for that.. ive decided that the muffin top is now my goal.. i need to stop looking at the scale for a while.. if my muffin was gone i would be sooo happy.. and that is really what needs to change.. so let the scale go!~ Thanks girls,, count me in for staying movated to change my shape.. with exersize!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I'm in. I have a Natilus Mobia and need to get back to doing HIIT three days a week for about 30 minutes it's a combo of a treadmill, stairs, and elliptical all in one.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
walmart has this little exercise bike. You can put it in front of your couch and use it while you watch tv. Its just the feet peddles, not the seat or anything. Its like $20 bucks. I have a client that uses it. He had a stroke (left side effected) and a big bike is not something he can use. I put this up to his chair and he uses it for an hour a day watching Ellen!!
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately we don't have Wallmart in Germany... And I need a bit more than sitting and spinning some wheels... Sounds like a great way to exercise when one is not mobile due to circumstances, like your client. How does he like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I walk 25-28 miles a week and plan to add in some strength training soon!
Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Ok, I need this. I always have the best of intentions, and the days just go by with me doing nothing.

Today, I will do squats, pushups and planks--2 sets.
And, did it go well? Did you manage them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Did some healthy walking today - round the clothes shops. Hey - it's all exercise.
LOL! Shopping should be an olympic sport!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Tuesday I worked out with a personal trainer and then did water aerobics. Yesterday just water aerobics and swimming laps.

Today I have an appointment with the trainer at 12:15. Bring on the torture!!
How did it go? Feeling the pain today?
I used to work out with a PT years ago, before my knee got ruined and I loved it... He always managed to nearly bring me to tears, so I know he was good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I'm a fan of T-Tapp, she has great exercises that really whittle away all that annoying middle fat and it makes you feel great in the process! And 20 minutes daily already give great results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
I'm in. I have a Natilus Mobia and need to get back to doing HIIT three days a week for about 30 minutes it's a combo of a treadmill, stairs, and elliptical all in one.
So... How did it go? Did you manage a session?

I was a good girl yesterday. I planned T-Tapp and walking and managed to do both, so I was suitably energised and happy with myself by the time I went to sleep! Slept well too...

Today, I'm doing T-Tapp, and rebounding for 10 minutes, as well as my dog walk (that is a daily thing I REALLY cannot go without). I haven't rebounded for a long time, so this will certainly be enough I think to start with! Will be aiming for 30 minutes daily once I get fitter.

So what are you all planning for today? It is said that it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to set habits, so let's all try and move ourselves every day for the next three weeks!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

I've made a new thread where we can post our daily activities and motivate one another...

3 weeks for a lifetime of good sporting habits!

Please come post and motivate!!!