Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Losing my mind, just a bit

When I came over from Adkins I had gone fron 143 to stuck between 126-129 for two months. After five weeks on Juddd I was 123 lb but hadn't lost for two weeks. They were pms and Tom weeks but I had a one day tantrum anyway. I'd be too embarrassed to tell what I ate. It would be a shorter list to tell what I didn't eat, sugar wise. I went right back on my DD the next day, with lots of encouragement from you all. I gained 5 lbs of water. Day one I lose 1/2 lb day 2 I lose 1 lb, day three I lost 1 lb, then finally I lost 11/2 lbs leaving me with only one pound of water weight left. Yesterday was a great DD and today I weighed myself and I gained a pound to 125. I could shoot myself 123 was my first goal weight and now after one UUAD I still haven't gotten back there. So in about six weeks Juddding as of today I'm like 4-6 lb down. I don't have tons to lose but this seems really slow to me. I'm just starting to get a little down about it. I've read that things can pick up around the eighth week or so. I could really some explanations about what might be going on. I never go over my UD calories. I'm really trying to stay positive but the gain today really got to me
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
They say when you get close to goal it really slows down, but maybe your body feels that the weight you are at now is goal and will resist letting go of any weight for awhile...

I wish I had some wise words but the ladies in the know will give you some advise, I'll just give you a
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Don't shoot!!! We love you too much!

IMHO several things are happening. First off, you HAVE lost. 5-6 pounds in 6 weeks is AWESOME. I don't know many people who lose an average of a pound per week.

Secondly, you may be one who needs the whole 8 weeks or so for the SIRT1 gene to get fully built up to the max in your system for some reason. Are you keeping your DDs pretty low? Like 20-25%??

Last of all, from that 143 you have come down quite a bit. You may be experiencing the "Weight Rebound Effect" and your body is fighting you tooth and nail!!!! Believe me, I have experience in this area!!!

I had about 6 or 7 weeks where this was happening to me. I would lose 2 pounds; my body would put it back on and hang on and then hold on to more water and not want to give it up. I would try every trick I knew. Nothin. I danced with up a few, up a few, down 1 or 2, stay the same....

Verrrrrrrry frustrating! But, I've done enough research to know that if I persevere, it's going to work. There is no other choice we give the stubborn weight on our bodies when we continue to work the plan.

Keep reading and figuring out what's going on. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you holding on to fluid for some reason? Too much salt? sugar? not enough sleep? (that CAN cause fluid retention). Are you eating enough protein? I recommend AT LEAST 63 grams of quality protein per day on UDs and as much as you can get in, staying w/ your calorie limit on DDs.

Drink water with fresh squeezed lemon to encourage your body tissue to let go of the extra water. Experiment with different kinds of carbs. Simple carbs like sugar can cause fluid retention.

If you are in Weight Rebound Mode, you are gonna have to stick it out. Read Sophiecat's post about shaking things up. Have two UD's in a row!!! Then have a really serious low calorie DD while drinking lots of lemon water and maybe burning some extra calories by doing some cardio or walking.

Somethings gotta give, Darlin'. If anyone feels your pain, I do. I got so fixated on the scale number after my April stall that I was considering chopping off a leg to make it move downward!

Don't shoot yourself or cut off a limb. Stay the course with some purposeful educated tweaking and things will happen!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks you guys. YamYam unfortunately because of health reasons I can't eat acidic foods like citrus fruits. I stay at 500-600 on DD. But you may have a point about me not getting enough protein on DD. the only really salty thing I'm guilty of eating is bacon on UD but I think I'm going to give that up for awhile and see what happens. You know how you get really emotionally connected to a certain number on the scale, well 123 is one of those numbers for me. My next is 120, 118, then 115 then maintain. It's only the last three or four DD that I've gone up to 600 before that I never went over 500. I just so want to get to maintenance and be able to put my boxing gloves up and take a rest from this seemingly constant fight with my body. IAll my Juddd Buddds so much, Without you I'm sure I'd be sitting in a tub of gelato right now with a spoon in one hand and a Kleenex in the other lol.Im only in my 6th week so I'll try to keep a stiff upper lip. Thanks again
Old 05-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Even though we have seen some beginners have phenomenal initial weight losses recently, it is not unusual to start at a pound or less a week. Pat says when that happens, the body is doing some internal normalizing or healing that it needs to finish before it can get down to losing weight. I think she is right because most slow starters do seem to suddenly pick up speed. We know you are getting UD appetite suppression. That is a good sign the sirtuin enzymes are accumulating. Don't despair - something wonderful may be happening inside of you.

Also, are you measuring? It is possible inches are slipping away before the scale is ready to change.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Frustrating, yes? Don't throw in the towel. Lots of us seem to be right there with you right now

Here's my last several weeks: we are about the same weight now and have the same goal:
4/4: 125.2
4/11: 122.4
4/18: 124.6
4/25: 123.4
5/2: 122.7
5/9: 124.6

There are a lot of good posts lately about stalls and slows, and I have re-read sophiecat's "Shake It Up" thread several times. I want to try ALL OF IT RIGHT NOW, but since that doesn't seem reasonable, am going to try the Pirate Jenny MUDD idea for two weeks and re-evaluate then. I think I'm going to give Yam-Yam's idea of lemon water a shot at the same time, and remember Nancy's thoughts about eating 3 meals a day instead of spacing out lunch.

44 down, 6 to go!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
When I came over from Adkins I had gone fron 143 to stuck between 126-129 for two months. After five weeks on Juddd I was 123 lb but hadn't lost for two weeks. They were pms and Tom weeks but I had a one day tantrum anyway. I'd be too embarrassed to tell what I ate. It would be a shorter list to tell what I didn't eat, sugar wise. I went right back on my DD the next day, with lots of encouragement from you all. I gained 5 lbs of water. Day one I lose 1/2 lb day 2 I lose 1 lb, day three I lost 1 lb, then finally I lost 11/2 lbs leaving me with only one pound of water weight left. Yesterday was a great DD and today I weighed myself and I gained a pound to 125. I could shoot myself 123 was my first goal weight and now after one UUAD I still haven't gotten back there. So in about six weeks Juddding as of today I'm like 4-6 lb down. I don't have tons to lose but this seems really slow to me. I'm just starting to get a little down about it. I've read that things can pick up around the eighth week or so. I could really some explanations about what might be going on. I never go over my UD calories. I'm really trying to stay positive but the gain today really got to me
Here are my thoughts about your situation, for what they're worth. LOL

You stated that you came here from doing Atkins. I am going to assume, then, that you were eating pretty low carb, were in a state of general ketosis, and were depleted of your glucose/glycogen stores and the related water weight. So your weight was at the artificial low we see on the scale when we are pretty empty of our *water weight* from carbs.

So. Did you introduce a somewhat higher carb level when you started JUDDD? Most of us do. A few remain very low carb, but most of us are relieved to be able to add some of our favorite carbs back into our diets, at least on our Up Days... and we do just that.

And guess what happens? We regain some of our previously lost water weight. You reported the gain of 5 pounds of water weight from your day of over indulgence. LOL

What I think is that you had also regained a bit of water weight even before that day.

And then you said PMS and TOM came around, and that time of the month is notorious for causing some bloat and water retention.

So I think you've replenished your stored carb fuel within your body, along with its accompanying water weight, which makes you weigh more on the scale, at the same time you have been JUDDDing and losing true body FAT... so the water weight regain offsets some of the weight loss of lost body fat, and despite that... you are down 4 or 5 or 6 POUNDS!!!

If you are down several pounds by now, despite regaining water weight, that can only mean one thing. In actuality, you've lost MORE pounds of body fat than those pounds that the scale shows you! Congratulations!

And now that you are pretty well stocked up in your normal water weight again, if you remain fully replenished in stored water weight, from now on the weight that you lose will be, for the most part, lost body fat.

It's not unusual at all for us to *trade* body composition in the first weeks of JUDDD. We lose body fat, but it doesn't show on the scale because we gain water weight. But finally that all gets stabilized and from then on, you can trust the scale a bit more.

Just trust JUDDD. For some reason, we're used to thinking of weight loss as a straight cause and effect - immediate results from what we ate the day before - sort of thing, and it isn't. I know over on the Main Lobby people are always trying to change this or change that or try something different, etc. On JUDDD, you really don't have to do that.

If your calorie numbers are set correctly, and if you respect your calorie ceilings and stick to your calorie numbers correctly, JUDDD will take care of you and turn you into a slim woman.

Just go about living your life and enjoying the heck out of it, follow JUDDD correctly, and after awhile, you'll be a slim and trim lady shopping for a new smaller wardrobe.

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-09-2012 at 07:20 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I think someone should take Pats post and make it a sticky, I would but I really don't know how.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Have two UD's in a row!!! Then have a really serious low calorie DD while drinking lots of lemon water and maybe burning some extra calories by doing some cardio or walking.
This is exactly what I am doing today. Did a bunch of exercise and drinking tons of lemon water on a clean DD. Praying to break this now 5 month stall I've been in.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote