Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Lemon water, JUDD, and Weight Loss!

So after drinking water with lemon in it an a DD and seeing great results, I did a bit of research and wanted to share, of course!!!

Benefits of Vitamins in Lemon Water

Vitamin C is essential to the body's insulin regulation and supports carbohydrate metabolization, which prevents cravings. Certain kinds of vitamin B in lemon water aid the digestive system. Vitamin B12 plays a role in converting fat to carbohydrates and visa versa. Vitamin B3 helps with the metabolization of unsaturated fatty acids, carbohydrates and cholesterol. Hence, drinking lemon water can support digestion and prevent gastro-intestinal disorders.

Magnesium helps with the normalization of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, adrenaline and insulin levels, all of which support body functions related to maintaining a healthy weight.

Additional Benefits That Help With Weight Loss

Drinking lemon water aids the body in flushing out toxins.

Lemon juice is also a known diuretic. Therefore, lemon water helps to flush undesirable bacteria and toxins out of the body while eliminating water weight. In turn, it is helpful to drink lemon water throughout the day when beginning a diet, because the body will always eliminate water before body fat.

Benefits for The Skin During and After Weight Loss

Lemon can help improve skin elasticity due to high vitamin C content, which aids in collagen production. Consuming lemon water is a healthy way of getting an additional dose of vitamin C every day.

How Much Should I Drink?

An adult should consume a minimum of at least 60 to 80 mg of vitamin C a day. One lemon contains about 44.5 mg of vitamin C. Hence, drinking the juice of one lemon mixed with water twice a day is highly recommended.

Read more: Does Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight? | eHow.com Does Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight? | eHow.com

Read more: Does Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight? | eHow.com Does Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight? | eHow.com

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

In addition, JUDD and IF are known to cause the body to burn stored fat and flush extra calories and residue from burned fat out through the kidneys in urine. Makes sense then that the lemon water will expedite the process, right? Yay for fresh, juicy, ripe lemons squeezed into ice cold water!

Or, for a yummy night time drink to help you sleep? Heat up a mug of water. Squeeze the juice of one lemon in. Sweeten if you like. Enjoy! I've done it. Very comforting drink before bed or first thing in the morning to flush toxins out of the body!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/163.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
I have issues with plain water but do drink water with lemon juice and Stevia, it's my own special lemonade.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I drink a lot of water with lemon added. I have also started adding sea salt to see if I can get my body used to salt again since I have been lowsalt for many years. Then if I eat anything salty I puff up like road kill.
And it seems to be working. The opposite of what one would expect.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Adi, have you heard/read of "the watercure"?

I often have the "hot water & lemon" on DD mornings...good way to delay breakfast!

I have been taking a lot of Vit C lately, and haven't been very hungry...I thought it was due to something else I've been taking, but maybe the C is helping?
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
I recently discovered the benefits of lemon water too, my digestive system certainly feels better so this is one habit I am keeping I think adding a lime would be ok too was thinking then it would be more like lemonade just without the sugar
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/163.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I drink a lot of water with lemon added. I have also started adding sea salt to see if I can get my body used to salt again since I have been lowsalt for many years. Then if I eat anything salty I puff up like road kill.
And it seems to be working. The opposite of what one would expect.
The line "I puff up like roadkill" almost had me spitting out my tea I was laughing so hard!!!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Thanks for all the info, Yam Yam!!!

I used to get queasy drinking plain filtered water, so started adding lemon to my water a few years ago, and have had no problems since.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
If a person wanted a change from lemon, could they could use either lime, orange, or grapefruit? Or should it just be lemon?
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
If a person wanted a change from lemon, could they could use either lime, orange, or grapefruit? Or should it just be lemon?

I don't think they have the diuretic effect lemons do and I think it has to do with the sugar content of those verses lemon. Not sure. But Dukan and other LC gurus (I think even Stillman) always say lemon juice is ok and Dukan even recommends it.

Adi: The road kill line had me spitting out my lemon water!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gracie: cool! Who is that beautiful pooch in your avi???
Old 05-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Gracie: cool! Who is that beautiful pooch in your avi???
YamYam, that's our Shaka! German shepherd/husky mix!

Dh brought her home over 14 years ago as a surprise, and I was so shocked.........hence her name.......Shaka!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Adi, have you heard/read of "the watercure"?

I often have the "hot water & lemon" on DD mornings...good way to delay breakfast!

I have been taking a lot of Vit C lately, and haven't been very hungry...I thought it was due to something else I've been taking, but maybe the C is helping?
No but I love to read so I will check it out. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Aw, I love the flavor of fresh squeezed lime juice, but not lemon juice for some reason. I may try squeezing some lime juice into my water anyway. I drink tons of water already, but a bit of lime juice squeezed into it sounds tasty. I love sour things...the more sour the better.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
YamYam, that's our Shaka! German shepherd/husky mix!

Dh brought her home over 14 years ago as a surprise, and I was so shocked.........hence her name.......Shaka!!
cute story about her name! I love Shaka!!! she is adorable squared!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Aw, I love the flavor of fresh squeezed lime juice, but not lemon juice for some reason. I may try squeezing some lime juice into my water anyway. I drink tons of water already, but a bit of lime juice squeezed into it sounds tasty. I love sour things...the more sour the better.
On the other thread someone mentioned putting ACV in water for the same lemon effect. So, I ran into the kitchen and added some to my water. It's yummy! Very tart and just right!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
No but I love to read so I will check it out. Thanks for the info.
Adi: I keep meaning to tell you this: Thank you for telling me about oat groats! Seriously, I had never heard of them. I got them with my Netrition order and man, are they good. DH loves 'em to. And, they are fun to cook! I made the recipe on the back of the package and it's to die for. Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I love my lemon water! I have meyer lemon tree and I juice them into ice cubes trays and each day have a cube or two of lemon. I also used it to stop my diet soda habit. Fresh lemon and sparkling mineral water made a great substitute. I love me some lemons!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Adi: I keep meaning to tell you this: Thank you for telling me about oat groats! Seriously, I had never heard of them. I got them with my Netrition order and man, are they good. DH loves 'em to. And, they are fun to cook! I made the recipe on the back of the package and it's to die for. Thanks again!
I am so glad you like the groats. I got hooked on them several years ago. Bought a 20 lb sack since I could not get them locally and stashed them in the freezer. Now I also get them from netrition.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Lemon water with some sweetener is always my drink of choice when we go out. It's a free lemonade drink, after all! We've got some lemons at home and I need to start drinking this when I get up and wait till I get to work for coffee.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I love my lemon water! I have meyer lemon tree and I juice them into ice cubes trays and each day have a cube or two of lemon. I also used it to stop my diet soda habit. Fresh lemon and sparkling mineral water made a great substitute. I love me some lemons!!
Great idea!! I need to buy some ice cube trays. We have an automatic ice maker. Wonder if mini muffin tins would work?

Quote:
I am so glad you like the groats. I got hooked on them several years ago. Bought a 20 lb sack since I could not get them locally and stashed them in the freezer. Now I also get them from netrition.
wow! 20 pounds!! You do like them. I liked how they sort of popped when I was toasting them in the pan for that recipe. They are very satisfying and filling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Lemon water with some sweetener is always my drink of choice when we go out. It's a free lemonade drink, after all! We've got some lemons at home and I need to start drinking this when I get up and wait till I get to work for coffee.
Yum! Free lemonade! I'm shopping this after noon and lemons are on the list! My vase is empty as of yesterday.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Great idea!! I need to buy some ice cube trays. We have an automatic ice maker. Wonder if mini muffin tins would work?

I have an automatic ice maker too.Sure mini muffin tins would be great!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Perhaps a silly question, but Would you still get the benefits of the lemon if you put into water that gas crystal light in it? I don't like plain lemon....
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I started drinking the juice of 1/2 lemon in water each morning while still in my 20's...Wow!! I just realised how long that's been.

I have missed some days, usually when some woe I was following advised against it. But I never felt as good so went right back to it no matter what the dogma.

Maybe that's why I'm still here....
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
Perhaps a silly question, but Would you still get the benefits of the lemon if you put into water that gas crystal light in it? I don't like plain lemon....
Just put sweetener in it!!

I had a glass last night and this morning instead of coffee. Hope it helps fast as I had a serious bounce back up this morning after eating too many salted pumpkin seeds yesterday.

It's a DD for me and I've also noticed that it's almost noon and aside from my lemon drink this morning, I've had nothing else and have had next to no hunger pangs. Which will no doubt start since I just typed that.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:

I had a glass last night and this morning instead of coffee. Hope it helps fast as I had a serious bounce back up this morning after eating too many salted pumpkin seeds yesterday.

It's a DD for me and I've also noticed that it's almost noon and aside from my lemon drink this morning, I've had nothing else and have had next to no hunger pangs. Which will no doubt start since I just typed that.
Just lemon isn't my favorite flavor...that's why I was wondering about using it with crystal light.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I posted this to you on the daily weigh in thread, but am going to say it here, too. This morning I was looking through Dukan's book again and came accross a page where he wrote about the effects of salt. He stated that 1 teaspoon of salt can cause the tissues in our body to soak up and retain 2 pounds of water!!!

Drink that fresh lemon drink all day, girlie!! On Monday I quartered two nice ripe lemons. Every time I filled up my glass (16 ounce glass) with ice and water, I squeezed ALL the juice our of one of the quarters and dropped in the peel as well. I just kept adding the quarters with the peel into my glass and kept filling it up over and over all day.

Tuesday morning I had the biggest downward whoosh I've ever seen!!!

Part of it was due probably to confusing my body over the weekend with all the emotional/stress eating. I ate a lot of potato chips late Sunday night and had a huge gain Monday morning. I knew I was retaining fluid. That's what prompted me to use up my lemons.

Yesterday I went to the store and bought 10 fresh, big lemons! I'm stocked up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
Just lemon isn't my favorite flavor...that's why I was wondering about using it with crystal light.
I'm sure it would work the same way. You are still getting that fresh lemon juice in, so why wouldn't it? I'll bet it tastes great, too!

I've been known to squeeze lemon in my diet Pepsi or iced tea as well. Love it.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

dazygyrl - Ah, ok. I thought it was just the lemon and water, with no sweetener, that you were going to try to do.

Yam-Yam - Thank you, yep I just saw and posted to the other thread. I didn't think to bring some lemons to work, but I certainly will be having some more when I get home. I roll mine a bit to get the juices flowing and like you, cut 'em up and throw the whole thing in! Already told DH we need to stock up on lemons when we hit the store as we're both going to be drinking more "lemonade". I'd kill for a whoosh like you had!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Vanilla: I roll mine too, like you do. I think next time I shop I might buy even more so some of them have time to get really ripe. The ones I used Monday were getting a little shriveled on the outside and I thought maybe when I cut them, they wouldn't be good. They were really, really good! Soooooo juicy and easy to squeeze out all the juice. They even tasted better. More rich and sweet.

The ones I just bought are very hard. Even rolling and rolling and they seem not quite ripe enough. I think I'll try putting half of one in the microwave to see if that helps.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
I'm going to give this a try. Today is Day 1. Thanks for posting!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I am so glad to be posting in this thread!!! I started drinking Arizona Zero Calorie Half Tea Half Lemonade last week and I have lost 6.4 pounds since then!!! I also make my own verision of this drink... I make iced Vanilla Roiboos Tea and then add some lemon and pure stevia extract. Mmmmm good!

Not sure if it's the lemon, but that is the only thing I've changed in my diet! I'm running with it and will be ingesting LEMON every day!!!
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote