Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Water, lemon, water, protein, sleep.....whoosh!

Day before yesterday I remembered something I've read people here say about drinking water with the juice of a lemon squeezed in. It was a DD. I cut two lemons into quarters. Every time I filled my glass with iced water I squeezed lemon on top (DGD taught me to squeeze as much as you can with your hand, then lean over your glass and squeeze the rest out with your teeth! These lemons were over ripe and very juicy.) Then I put the lemon peel in the water also. I just kept drinking that all day.

Yesterday morning I had my first whoosh downward on the scale in a long time!

Yesterday was an UD. In the morning I remembered something I have read many times and heard from doctors and it used to work well for me.

If you are trying to lose weight and be healthy, take your body weight, divide by two. Eat at least that many grams of lean protein in a day, and you will lose weight and get healthier. When I was focusing on that in August, I was losing pretty fast. Why did I forget about that?

Yesterday, in addition to eating lots of vegetables, coleslaw and salad, one piece of double fiber bread and one sandwich thin to put my turkey burger on, I ate Greek yogurt, drank 2 glasses of lactose free milk, egg, muscle milk light, one and a half good sized turkey burgers. I counted calories and also grams of protein.

Ended up with 1270 calories and 103 grams of protein for the day. Also continued drinking the water with fresh lemon squeezed in it all day and worked out with my personal trainer and swam some laps in the pool.

I had another whoosh on the scale this morning!!!! Down -2 more pounds bringing me very, very close to a total loss of 40 pounds since last August! I'm down 39.8 as of this morning!

I started this thread because yesterday people were asking me what I did to get the whoosh.

I think Pat gave the very best explanation on the thread: "Bounce? Sky Dive!!" from yesterday so read that there. Bounce? Sky Dive!!!!!

Also, keep in mind I had a stressful weekend, hardly slept for 3 nights in a row, and had 2 consecutive UUADs Sat-Sun. So, Monday the scale was UP over 5 pounds which was probably water. My body was probably ready to let go of some pounds since I have been at a stall for a month but still sticking to my calories and rotations. (as frustrating as that was!)

Sophie is probably right about shaking things up and when I ate so much for 2 days my body got the signal that it was time to drop some water and fat.

One other thing: last night, and the night before, I took 2 Simply Sleep tablets each night at 8 p.m. I have not done that in over a year, but I was so sleep deprived and I'm used to getting a good 8 hrs. per night with no problem.

When we sleep, our bodies produce the hormone Leptin. You should google that to see how important it is in getting weight off and keeping it off. When we are sleep deprived, our bodies produce Grehlin and stress brings on Cortisol. Both of those two last ones cause our bodies to hold on to and store fat and water and glycogen instead of releasing it to be used as energy.

These are just some random thoughts for those of you who are waiting for the scale to move. I was starting to have doubts that mine ever would!

I lost good in March. But even though I was strict in April, I just danced around with the same 2 pounds up and down. It seemed like I was doomed to do the same thing in May. Then came the unplanned overeating for 2 days, stress, lack of sleep, 5 pound gain over night, strict DD.....and....MAGIC!!!!

So, hang in there! Life happens. JUDD works. That's what I have to say right now. Still very happy and very amazed. I JUDD and JUDD BUDDS!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yam-Yam I have been on here all afternoon, and was just about to log out when up popped this happy, happy making post.

I am just delighted that you have broken that stall and 'shaken' things up just the right way for you.

Love the lemon in water and protein approach.

Most of all I am happy that this is happening just now when you have had so much stress.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monica1210
Stats: 168/148/135-140 5'6" Age 45
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/2/2012 started NK 9/7/13
What an inspiring story! Thank you!

Can someone please tell me the title of the post touting the lemon juice? I get quite a lot when I search lemon.
monica1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Kissa: Thank you, my inspiring JUDD BUDD!!! "You never know what a day will bring." Right? Sat-Sun I stressed, ate, couldn't sleep and wept and Googled and spent hours on the phone with family members. Monday I DD'd (felt so good not to eat!!!) and seemed to cry all day. Yesterday I worked out and ATE HEALTHY and PURPOSEFULLY!!! Today I feel like a different woman!

And, I feel better after my sister's doctor reported yesterday he is not going to stop doing tests until he can find an answer.

I'm learning that my job is to be faithful in well doing instead of becoming weary in well doing. I'm learning to let go of things I can't control. Every challenge is a learning experience.

I'm making progress! I just you, Cindy!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Wow. Great lesson in sticktoitness! We all go through the droughts of weight loss but not all of us have the fortitude to keep trying long enough to reap the eventual progress. Great job! I hope we all get our own happy and deserved moments sometime (soon)!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Yam-Yam, you are simply amazing! I'm thrilled for you and amazed by your resilience!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica1210 View Post
What an inspiring story! Thank you!

Can someone please tell me the title of the post touting the lemon juice? I get quite a lot when I search lemon.
Check out these links:

Does Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight? | eHow.com

Is Drinking Lemon Juice In Cold Water Good For You? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Another outstanding post, Yam-Yam! And gal... you are MELTING!

Thank you for bringing up protein and sleep, two very important factors for me. I can be doing *everything by the book and if I'm not getting enough good quality sleep I just won't lose like I do when I'm getting eight hours.

The same can be said for getting enough protein - in my case, the bulk of it needs to be animal protein - and beef specifically. When I was a strict low carber I always lost best and felt better (satiated and high energy) when I ate more beef v. chicken.

I'm going to the store in a few and just added lemons to the list!

You are a treasure trove of such helpful information!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Awesome post, Yam Yam!! So glad you're happy and seeing results once again. The body needs a rest now and then, but I believe with a good shake-up (or a Lemon Shake-Up in your case! ) when the body is ready, the loss will be jump-started and intensified.

Oh, and yes the protein is important. Quality proteins. Women often do not get enough, though I bet those on the LC forum and its subforums get more than those out there who mainly do lowfat diets or other. KUTGW, my JUDDD Bud!

Adding - And a big Thumbs Up to SLEEP! Very important, and I didn't realize what a difference it would make in how I look and feel until I started changing my sleep habits. And if I can do it, anyone can. My whole life I've been a night owl, never able to fall asleep before 1 a.m. usually, and needing at least 9 -10 hours, often more. I could out-sleep my teenage boys, and well, there's just something wrong with that, lol. But I got things changed around (there were a few setbacks, but mostly on track) and usually going to sleep by midnight and feeling so good and refreshed with mainly just 7 hours. It's great!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 05-09-2012 at 12:37 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
We all go through the droughts of weight loss
Once again, I am not reading slowly and thoroughly. I read "We all go through the doughnuts of weight loss"

Honestly! Must be a DD! HAHA!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

THANK YOU!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Yam-Yam, you are simply amazing! I'm thrilled for you and amazed by your resilience!
You always inspire me!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Wonderful YY! So happy for the results you are seeing, after being stuck for so long. It's your time--enjoy it!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Once again, I am not reading slowly and thoroughly. I read "We all go through the doughnuts of weight loss"

Honestly! Must be a DD! HAHA!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Another outstanding post, Yam-Yam! And gal... you are MELTING!

Thank you for bringing up protein and sleep, two very important factors for me. I can be doing *everything by the book and if I'm not getting enough good quality sleep I just won't lose like I do when I'm getting eight hours.

The same can be said for getting enough protein - in my case, the bulk of it needs to be animal protein - and beef specifically. When I was a strict low carber I always lost best and felt better (satiated and high energy) when I ate more beef v. chicken.

I'm going to the store in a few and just added lemons to the list!

You are a treasure trove of such helpful information!
Did you know that you are what Jillian Micheals calls a "fast metabolizer"? I am too! So is she! When I read her book, she had tests to find out which kind of category you fall into. Different metabolizers as she calls them lose best with different kinds of protein. I can't remember the name of her book right now. She also recommends the best choices for other kinds of food and drink.

But I do remember scoring as a fast metabolizer and according to Jillian, I lose better eating lean steak and ground beef and the dark meat from turkey and chicken. And, she's right! I do!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Awesome post, Yam Yam!! So glad you're happy and seeing results once again. The body needs a rest now and then, but I believe with a good shake-up (or a Lemon Shake-Up in your case! ) when the body is ready, the loss will be jump-started and intensified.

Oh, and yes the protein is important. Quality proteins. Women often do not get enough, though I bet those on the LC forum and its subforums get more than those out there who mainly do lowfat diets or other. KUTGW, my JUDDD Bud!

Adding - And a big Thumbs Up to SLEEP! Very important, and I didn't realize what a difference it would make in how I look and feel until I started changing my sleep habits. And if I can do it, anyone can. My whole life I've been a night owl, never able to fall asleep before 1 a.m. usually, and needing at least 9 -10 hours, often more. I could out-sleep my teenage boys, and well, there's just something wrong with that, lol. But I got things changed around (there were a few setbacks, but mostly on track) and usually going to sleep by midnight and feeling so good and refreshed with mainly just 7 hours. It's great!!
8 hours of good sleep a night makes a world of difference for me. I actually feel sick when I don't get it. And, if I have several consecutive nights where I can't sleep because of stress, it becomes harder to get back to the routine of a good night's sleep. Thus the Tylenol Simply Sleep. I rarely take any kind of meds. I didn't even take an aspirin when I had my babies! But I researched the Simply Sleep and found it is non-addictive, mild, and very effective. Like I said, it's been over a year since I took it. Come to think of it, I didn't look at the expiration date on the bottle! Thankfully, it worked anyway.

Sophie: You should start a thread called "YOU GOTTA SLEEP" to go along with the You Gotta Eat Thread (was that Beeb's??). Seriously! No sleep, no JUDD magic IMHO!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #17

I googled metabolic types and came across an article titled, "Metabolic Types...Are you eating what you should?"

Metabolic Types...Are you eating what you should?

I'm hoping the link above will work. It references the Jillian Michaels metabolic types. I'm just starting to read it.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Dawn: Thanks! Yes, it's "fast, slow or balanced oxidizers". Gotta remember where I put that book.....

I do remember her saying if you take a certain supplement and your urine changes color really fast, within a certain amount of time, you are a fast oxidizer. That's part of her test. Interesting stuff.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Loved this post first off, and again congrats YamYAM.. I see, two things here for me,, cant seam to sleep over the last few weeks.. maybe about 5 hours is all i am getting.. and the second was the BEEF part, i never seam to eat beef, so perhaps this is an item i need to try.. Also,, ??? Question, will lemon juice from real lemon consintrate do the same??? Any one???
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #20

I just took the test and it appears I'm a Balanced Oxidizer. I think this fits perfectly with those trying to figure out how to stay satisfied on DDs. We have those who need high fat or protein, those who need more bulky veggies and fruits, and those who need a mix.

I need a mixture of both to feel satisfied, and that's absolutely in keeping with being a Balanced Oxidizer.

The only thing I didn't like about the article was that it said I should avoid wine and limit caffeine. Like that's going to happen!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

The only thing I didn't like about the article was that it said I should avoid wine and limit caffeine. Like that's going to happen!
I am balanced as well and that DEFINITELY isn't going to happen with me either! I have a 16 and 17 year old daughters. Need I say more?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #22

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Monica, have a glass on me.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I just took the test and it appears I'm a Balanced Oxidizer. I think this fits perfectly with those trying to figure out how to stay satisfied on DDs. We have those who need high fat or protein, those who need more bulky veggies and fruits, and those who need a mix.

I need a mixture of both to feel satisfied, and that's absolutely in keeping with being a Balanced Oxidizer.

Quote:
I am balanced as well and that DEFINITELY isn't going to happen with me either! I have a 16 and 17 year old daughters. Need I say more?
hic'!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Kimberly: Sorry, I don't know the answer. My instinct is to say if you can get fresh lemons they would work best. I never use the concentrate. I buy a bunch of lemons and put them in a big beautiful clear glass vase and keep them on the counter. The riper they get, the juicier they are. I never throw out a lemon unless it gets moldy. But they never do because I always use them. I would say, if you absolutely cannot get fresh lemons, try the concentrate and see what happens. That second article from Livestrong has a recipe using concentrate.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Thanks Yam yam. will see, Have a great day girls!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Did you know that you are what Jillian Micheals calls a "fast metabolizer"? I am too! So is she! When I read her book, she had tests to find out which kind of category you fall into. Different metabolizers as she calls them lose best with different kinds of protein. I can't remember the name of her book right now. She also recommends the best choices for other kinds of food and drink.

But I do remember scoring as a fast metabolizer and according to Jillian, I lose better eating lean steak and ground beef and the dark meat from turkey and chicken. And, she's right! I do!
Is the book, "Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!"? If that sounds right, I'll walk up to Barnes and Noble tomorrow and get a copy.

Quote:
I googled metabolic types and came across an article titled, "Metabolic Types...Are you eating what you should?"

Metabolic Types...Are you eating what you should?

I'm hoping the link above will work. It references the Jillian Michaels metabolic types. I'm just starting to read it.
Thank you for the link, Dawn!

Quote:

LOL!

According to the test at Dawn's link, I'm a fast oxidizer, just like Yam-Yam said.

I've never - and I mean NEVER - been able to eat just carbs or predominantly carbs for breakfast without almost instantly going into a coma. I might be exaggerating a bit, but only a tiny tad. As a child, a breakfast of toast or cereal AND toast or even oatmeal made me really sluggish and was a terrible start for a school day. I wasn't ever hungry at breakfast, but mom pushed eating "something", and that was the easiest way to get her off my back. Eating bacon or sausage and eggs, however, affects me much differently, it holds me for a long, long time and I've got mental clarity and plenty of energy. And the weird thing is, I like toast, I like most cereals just fine - but not as a way to break my fast. Just not hungry for them, they don't "sound good" to me, nor do I feel "good" when I eat those things and they certainly don't hold me until the next mealtime. Toast or english muffins with bacon and eggs - I'm as good to go as I am with just the bacon and eggs.

I *do* have a "sweet tooth" though, but most of the time it's fairly controllable and doesn't get truly out of hand unless I deprive myself of an opportunity to have something now and again. My naturally preferred way of eating has always been low carb - meat, mostly green veggies, but emphasis on the meat. Never have had a serious affinity for fruit, I like most fruit OK but never seriously crave any fruit (tomatoes not included) like some people do. I do like bread, but not usually as a stand alone object of craving. My grandfather was a cattleman and I grew up eating plenty of beef; at a very young age I used to astound my folks by the size of steak I could eat. It's still my preferred protein.

Lots of little revelations going on for me as a result of your thread! I'm going to try to get the book tomorrow and learn more. Thank you!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
ah yes, the metabolic typing action. I read william wolcott's book about 8 years ago and it was like my whole world burst open. I suddenly realized WHY I needed so much protein! It's a great book and touches on a lot. I haven't read Jillian Michaels' book, but I do refer to Wolcott's book often. It's seriously dogeared!

I know that to lose I need significant amounts of protein, and that's just how I've always been. And the fattier protein the better.

I'm also a huge lemon person! It is a big naturopathic principle (either lemon or ACV in water) and a great way to cleanse the body. I start each day with water in lemon. Yam-yam, I LOVE the idea of putting them in a vase! How beautiful!

I'm so glad to see you putting the pieces together. It's really helpful to see your journey!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Oh I so wish I could try the water and lemon thing!! I get such horrible heartburn and lemon is a culprit! I used to love drinking tea with lemon too when I was younger. Just cant anymore........

But awesome about the post. I learned a few things, and for that I thank you!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Can you do ACV? Same principle!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Yam-Yam, great shakeup! It is interesting how we all have these little hidden tidbits of knowledge that, for some reason, aren't the first thing we think of when we're losing slowly or not losing, but when push really comes to shove--ha! There it is! I guess that's what we all get for doing so much food research!

I should go get some lemons--I love them in water and tea and squeezed on cooked or raw greens. . .

I was also happy to hear that your sister's doc is persistent--that must be a relief for all of you.

On another note, the metabolic type test--I turn out to be a fast oxidizer. So kudos to me for inherently knowing that and staying high fat, low carb with a lot of fatty meat in the mix. Apparently I am following the suggestions without even knowing they existed. Speaking of. . . when I look at the blood type diet, I am a type O, which coincides well with the low carb WOE I have adapted. Various other "tests" I've taken also indicate that.

I wonder if those are partial reasons why some here can do JUDDD successfully without any regard to carbs and some of us still need to keep it low?

44 down, 6 to go!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote