Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Another good thread with lots of information thanks to Yam Yam!!!

Dawn, thanks for that link.

Out of curiosity, I took the test from Mercola on metabolic typing years ago, but even before I took it, I knew I was a protein sort of gal.

I always lose best with ground beef, steaks, etc.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
[QUOTE=Sheridan;15643988]Is the book, "Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!"? If that sounds right, I'll walk up to Barnes and Noble tomorrow and get a copy.

Sheridan: The one I have is called Winning At Losing. She wrote it in 2007. The one you mentioned is copyrighted 2011 so I'll bet it's more current and even better! You will have to let me know tomorrow after you get it and start reading.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
I

According to the test at Dawn's link, I'm a fast oxidizer, just like Yam-Yam said.

I've never - and I mean NEVER - been able to eat just carbs or predominantly carbs for breakfast without almost instantly going into a coma. I might be exaggerating a bit, but only a tiny tad. As a child, a breakfast of toast or cereal AND toast or even oatmeal made me really sluggish and was a terrible start for a school day. I wasn't ever hungry at breakfast, but mom pushed eating "something", and that was the easiest way to get her off my back. Eating bacon or sausage and eggs, however, affects me much differently, it holds me for a long, long time and I've got mental clarity and plenty of energy. And the weird thing is, I like toast, I like most cereals just fine - but not as a way to break my fast. Just not hungry for them, they don't "sound good" to me, nor do I feel "good" when I eat those things and they certainly don't hold me until the next mealtime. Toast or english muffins with bacon and eggs - I'm as good to go as I am with just the bacon and eggs.

I *do* have a "sweet tooth" though, but most of the time it's fairly controllable and doesn't get truly out of hand unless I deprive myself of an opportunity to have something now and again. My naturally preferred way of eating has always been low carb - meat, mostly green veggies, but emphasis on the meat. Never have had a serious affinity for fruit, I like most fruit OK but never seriously crave any fruit (tomatoes not included) like some people do. I do like bread, but not usually as a stand alone object of craving. My grandfather was a cattleman and I grew up eating plenty of beef; at a very young age I used to astound my folks by the size of steak I could eat. It's still my preferred protein.

Lots of little revelations going on for me as a result of your thread! I'm going to try to get the book tomorrow and learn more. Thank you!
You're welcome! Yep. Everything you said sounds like me. I have never in my life been hungry for breakfast. But, if we're at a business conference and there is a breakfast buffet, I'll go strait for the eggs and man that gets me hopping! If I eat cereal or a cinnabun or something I get tired and HUNGRY!! Seems like I want to eat all day if I just have a little bit of carbs in the a.m. But not if I eat just protein.

The other thing is that I'd rather have mashed potatoes and gravy over ice cream or a sweet dessert any day of the week. And don't get me started talking about the magnetic pull of french fries or potato chips...with french onion or sour cream dip!!! Stop!!! It's a DD. Good bye.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Lianora: I was just about to comment on Circusgirl's great post and then read yours and so I'll say "hey!" and "Amen Sista! " to you both.

Here's the thing I was thinking this morning when I stepped on the scale and it was miraculously down again, after an UD: "Why the heck, when I know that eating 100 grams of protein works for me, why, why, why do I forget to do it or just blow it off and not do it? I love eating protein. It makes me feel good. It helps me lose weight...."

I just got out of the habit, I guess.

Thanks for mentioning my sister. And, yes, it was a huge relief for me to find out that he is going to keep testing her and searching for answers.

Back to eating....I really truly believe that combining JUDD with foods that work for us works better than anything, any time, any how. I feel terrific. I am sticking to WLM longer than I have in years. I'm either losing pounds like right now, or inches like crazy like I was before or I'm maintaining. And, I'm not suffering. It's just so cool!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Circusgirl: Meant to ask you: what ratio do you use w/ ACV?? I have some lovely organic ACV that I use for lots of things including putting it into my protein shakes when I occasionally have them.

Would I put like, 2 TBLSP in a glass of water? What do you think is an effective amount?

I might go try it right now before the day is over.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
When I was using ACV I put 1 T in a 16 oz. glass of water and it was perfect tartness for me.

I stopped because my teeth were becoming sensitive.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
When I was using ACV I put 1 T in a 16 oz. glass of water and it was perfect tartness for me.

I stopped because my teeth were becoming sensitive.
Thanks Dawn! I actually ran out and added 2 TBLSP to my 16 oz. of lemon water and it tastes so good! Very tart. Very cold. I think I like this.

I used to have sensitive teeth and I do not have that problem any more. I wonder what changed? Just getting older and growing out of it?

Could you drink it through a straw and maybe it wouldn't bother your teeth??

I've heard so many things about the benefits of ACV. Other than salad dressings, soups and shakes, I really had not come up with too many ideas for using it. So glad for the idea of drinking it in my water!

Here's a toast to our health and new slimmer bodies. (Raises glass of ACV water).
Old 05-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I usually do 1 T. in 16 ounces of water, just because that's what my teachers used to do. It's a good ratio for me, but I tend to go by what tastes good too. Same with lemon. There are days I seem to need more and days I seem to need less....I let my tastebuds guide me.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
"Why the heck, when I know that eating 100 grams of protein works for me, why, why, why do I forget to do it or just blow it off and not do it? I love eating protein. It makes me feel good. It helps me lose weight...."

I just got out of the habit, I guess.
We all do things like this, I can think of things that I wonder why I quit or didn't do something too.... but better to the game late than never, right! At any rate, you won't forget it anymore - it's documented right here and we can always remind you!

Quote:
it was a huge relief for me to find out that he is going to keep testing her and searching for answers.
That IS a huge relief - sounds like it's only a matter of time until they know something.

Quote:
I really truly believe that combining JUDD with foods that work for us works better than anything, any time, any how. I feel terrific. I am sticking to WLM longer than I have in years. I'm either losing pounds like right now, or inches like crazy like I was before or I'm maintaining. And, I'm not suffering. It's just so cool!
[/QUOTE]

Some of the Buds do better on lots of veggie carbs and less protein and fat, others need the fat, some need the protein most... I'm one that needs protein and veggies, not just one or the other. When I realized this, I did SO MUCH BETTER with hunger on my DDs!

Glad you're feeling great, Yam! You're doing fabulous!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Oh I so wish I could try the water and lemon thing!! I get such horrible heartburn and lemon is a culprit! I used to love drinking tea with lemon too when I was younger. Just cant anymore........
I wish I could do this too, but when I tried the lemon water or lemon in tea several months back, it hurt my tummy so bad! I've just about got my burning stomach problem taken care of by reducing the wine and taking prilosec, so I hate to risk messing it up again. Maybe it was because I was having the lemon on an empty stomach that made it worse.

But I might be able to try it again sometimes, especially if I sweeten it with some stevia and have it as lemonaid.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
I usually do 1 T. in 16 ounces of water, just because that's what my teachers used to do. It's a good ratio for me, but I tend to go by what tastes good too. Same with lemon. There are days I seem to need more and days I seem to need less....I let my tastebuds guide me.
MMMMmmmmmmm My tastebuds are saying "yum" right now! Thanks for the tip. I'm still sipping. Hope I'm not up all night visiting the little girl's room! But if I am, I'll imagine I'm peeing away the fat!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Buh-bye, fat!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
We all do things like this, I can think of things that I wonder why I quit or didn't do something too.... but better to the game late than never, right! At any rate, you won't forget it anymore - it's documented right here and we can always remind you!

And, you probably will!! And, I'll love it and say, oh yeah, now I remember.....

That IS a huge relief - sounds like it's only a matter of time until they know something.
I surely hope so.

Some of the Buds do better on lots of veggie carbs and less protein and fat, others need the fat, some need the protein most... I'm one that needs protein and veggies, not just one or the other. When I realized this, I did SO MUCH BETTER with hunger on my DDs!

Glad you're feeling great, Yam! You're doing fabulous! [/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, Sophiecat. I just love that screen name! You have given me so much to think about over these last few months since I stumbled onto the JUDD forum. I really appreciate you a lot. Hope you know it, too.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 05-09-2012 at 08:37 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
Buh-bye, fat!
Gives a whole new meaning to "WHOOSH!"
Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
To every post above this ^^^^^^^.....I could't possibly add anything except some big ole THANK-YOUS...for more helping hand guidance. Been very sick today with a horrid headache. Please, no sympathy, I am way better tonight. Have battled these most of my life. Neurologist told me when I started menopause they would likely go away , but nooooooo. I guess we all have crosses to bear. Just trying to catch up reading here after 11pm.

Yam, still remembering your sister. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms in case I don't get back here. I have to feel better. Have a full calendar the rest of the week and hope to see my sweet Mom Sunday. Love you all JUDDD SISTAS (in the words of Yam!)

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
To every post above this ^^^^^^^.....I could't possibly add anything except some big ole THANK-YOUS...for more helping hand guidance. Been very sick today with a horrid headache. Please, no sympathy, I am way better tonight. Have battled these most of my life. Neurologist told me when I started menopause they would likely go away , but nooooooo. I guess we all have crosses to bear. Just trying to catch up reading here after 11pm.

Yam, still remembering your sister. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms in case I don't get back here. I have to feel better. Have a full calendar the rest of the week and hope to see my sweet Mom Sunday. Love you all JUDDD SISTAS (in the words of Yam!)

Phyl
Thanks Phyl! bummer about the headaches. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I'm heading to bed. Gotta get my WLM zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. Nitey Nite all!