Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rocketmom
Stats: 320/189/160
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 3/23/2013
Anyone doing JUDDD and primal/paleo

Is anyone doing juddd with a primal/paleo WOE? I was referred to this group from another list. I would like to begin JUDDD as the stabilization or P3/P4 after a very poor round 2 of hCG. I had great success of not only losing a few lbs while on P3/P4 on my first round using primal/paleo. I guess I am more primal as I used a few dairy products and strictly paleo is no dairy. I use FAGE, some hard cheese from organic sources, butter(oh I luvvvv butter!) some HWC. I use only coconut oils/olive oils/butter to cook with and have become addicted to bullet proof coffee.

Most of the DD recipes I find are not really primal friendly. I don't do grains, rice, legumes, sugar of course, and find that after hCG I am not too fish crazy. Everytime I eat fish, I get gaggy if YKWIM. Even salmon which I love smells and tastes really fishy to me. I don't have aversion to shrimp, lobster, crab or tuna, yet.

A gal on another list does this and has been very successful in addition to Leptin RX. I feel really stupid asking her what and how she eats, but she did indicate that she eats a 8z steak for breakfest and does high protein/low carb ala Leptin RX. Then a small protein dinner for the under 500 calories.

I am up 2 lbs from my last injection weight which according to the Simeons protocol requires a correction day or steak day. Nothing all day and then a large steak with an apple or tomato. No water except for thirst.

Anyone give me some hints about how to create the UD/DD with using JUDDD with primal and Leptin RX!

Pretty please with cocobliss coconut butter on top?!?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Hi Dennise. I'm not currently JUDDDing, but I did Primal JUDDD style for 6 months. There are a few others around here doing it, too, hopefully they will pop in for you. Down days were easiest for me if I just had a raw egg/almond milk shake for breakfast, coffee with cream for "lunch" and 4 oz of lean protein and a garden salad with light dressing (admittedly not Primal) for dinner. Some days I would just fast until dinner, except for coffee/cream. Up days depend entirely on your own calorie numbers which you can get from Dr. Johnson's website.
For Leptin Reset, I believe, you need 50 grams of protein for breakfast. Even if you ate 50 grams of pure protein, that's 200 calories right there. Eat it in food form, and you're going to pretty much consume your entire daily allotment of calories if it's a down day. It could be done, but I couldn't see myself making it work myself anyway.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I'm primal/paleo, been doing JUDDD since Jan. Played with adding carbs, my body rebelled (blood sugar issues) so went back to paleo and stick pretty close to it (at least the 85% Mark Sisson advocates, sometimes better, sometimes not). I have the added complication of being allergic to milk/whey, eggs, cashew, sunflower, and garlic.

If you are on ************, I'm mykidsteacher there too, and you can friend me and then peruse my menus. Keep in mind I'm in maintenance now, so my dd's are 700-900 cals. But the 2 weeks before easter I was in wlm to lose an extra 4 pounds, so those menus include 500 cal dd's.

I typically fast through breakfast, having decaf black coffee and water only till lunch. I will usually add 2 tbsp So Delicious hazelnut coconut creamer to one of those cups of coffee (40 cals). Lunch is usually a big salad of lettuce, veggies, and protein from the night before, or some shrimp. I make my own dressings since it's impossible to find one without soy (which I try to avoid), or garlic. I use grapeseed veganaise, lemon juice, cider vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.

Supper is protein and veggies.

UD's are much freer, but I tend to struggle to get all my calories in. Paleo/vegan baking helps with this. If you can have eggs, paleo recipes abound on the internet. For me, I found a blog called The Spunky Coconut that has many recipes I can have. I've had to do a bit of tweaking on some, but everything I've made has been edible-very good.

Definitely possible to JUDDD and stay paleo/primal. Welcome! And let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
It looks like you have lots of great advice here already but I will add myself to the count. I follow Primal eating guidelines and find that I have no problem making it work so far. (12 days in 10lbs lost...ya!)

I also was interested in the Leptin Reset but found I could not stick with it. However, it did set me on the path towards JUDDD, which has been working incredibly well for me. I had dabbled in IF whilst primal so this is feeling like a more structured, supportive version to me. I love it.

I do check my ketones once a day and this has given me some insight: dairy acts like sugar in my body, as does excessive lean protein. So I stick with my coconut cream in my coffee and limit my dairy a bit.

Back to your original question, I would start simple. Stick to your calorie guide for up and down days, just use primal options. On DD I just fast until 2, protein+greens (small) and the same for dinner (medium) with coffee, broth and the occasional coconut oil bark thrown in to keep me from getting "hangry" if you know what I mean.

Admittedly I do use miracle noodles from time to time and count that as my 10% as far as primal is concerned. I like them a lot.

Best of luck,

D
Damazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have both books but have never tried to eat either way. I was not wanting to limit eggs since I have an abundance of them. I have tried to limit dairy to see if it made any kind of difference. I admire those that can follow either of these plans.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I have never heard of limiting eggs in Primal or paleo. Milk-based diary, yes, but not eggs.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
old school paleo limits eggs. like back in loran cordain's original writings.

I do it primal, or will be once I get this week over with. normally I stick to guidelines but I've been doing the paleo/primal thing since the late 90's so once in a while I go off the rails for a week or so. This is that week.

DD's I eat veggies and meat pretty exclusively. I did eat a split pea soup yesterday which was nice for the variety, but not as filling as a can of tuna over cucumbers.

I don't do well on starches. I'm hoping that will change. I've eaten paleo/primal for as long as I have because it's the only way I feel good. If this goes the way I hope it will I'll be able to have more starches and not suffer for it. I do have celiac disease so there will be no gluten even in small amounts ever.

But yeah, I'm here! Now that today is over I'm back to no grains, no sugar, no starches. I will keep small amounts of dairy though.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Me too, me too!

DD for me are all about eggs and a boatload of veggies, either a salad or better yet, because it seems more filling, a bunch of cooked veggies all mixed together with a little CO, salt, pepper and garlic.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Circusgirl, I was hoping to be able to add more starches but for me, it hasn't really worked out that way. I just feel so much better eating this way, I gave up the experimenting.

I can have a potato once a week or so, and have a sweet potato 1-2 times a week. But I just saw a recipe for butternut squash fries and I am so going to try it.

Getting the news I was allergic to eggs was a huge blow to me eating this way, because I relied on them so heavily on dd's and for the occasional paleo treat (baking). But I've learned to live without them and substitute for them in baking, and it's no big deal anymore.

That's not to say I never have a slice of low carb bread with some almond butter on it, but it's rare, and I usually wish I hadn't afterward.

From what you've posted, I think you will do much better getting back to this woe, and not experimenting with starches much for the first 2-4 weeks at least.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rocketmom
Stats: 320/189/160
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 3/23/2013
Wow, great info. Thank you all so much. I will pretty much stick to the veggies and protein. I do eggs, so that will also be a staple for me. I have pretty much ruled out starches. I think I have a problem with carb addiction so I am going to stay away from the stuff I know will trigger this. I am limiting my fruit also, saving in season berries for my up days. I love a cabbage/protein/veggie stirfry and you can have a lot of cabbage and onions for few calories.
rocketmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
you don't say. lol! you're totally right. I don't feel as good when I eat them. I still have a sensitivity to them, but not all the symptoms I'd have if I were eating them without JUDDDing, which is cool.

I firmly believe you're right that I just do better LC. BUT I will be super happy if slips don't make me swell up like a pufferfish!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote