Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skuma
Stats: 220/213/120
WOE: Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: January 27, 2012
moving over from atkins..

hi everyone, i have been on atkins for a couple of months and its not really moving my weight so in reading i thought why not try this JUDDDD i keep reading about. i am on my first dd today but i have some questions i would like feedback on from all you who are more experienced at this.
1)the calculator says to eat 2000 cals for my ud, i am afraid this will cause me to gain weight? can i go lower? also can it be anything as long as i am in 2000 or so cals..i really want to keep low carb an option as well.
2) on dd, same question 500 cals of anything?
3)does carbs count at all in this program for success?
4)if i average my weeks of UD and DD, i eat about 1250 cals a day, i have done this many times before with no weight loss, which is why i started low carb..i have speculations about that, isnt it the same as WW in the long run?
any help with these questions or your own experience would be greatly appreciated.
skuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuma View Post
hi everyone, i have been on atkins for a couple of months and its not really moving my weight so in reading i thought why not try this JUDDDD i keep reading about. i am on my first dd today but i have some questions i would like feedback on from all you who are more experienced at this.
1)the calculator says to eat 2000 cals for my ud, i am afraid this will cause me to gain weight? can i go lower? also can it be anything as long as i am in 2000 or so cals..i really want to keep low carb an option as well.
If the 2000 calories is the correct number for you then you need to eat this much. You can eat anything. Calories count on JUDDD not carbs. You can LC or not.
2) on dd, same question 500 cals of anything? Anything as long as it doesn't go over 500 calories. You can look at the What are we eating daily threads to get ideas.
3)does carbs count at all in this program for success? Lc and non LC'ers are successful on JUDDD
4)if i average my weeks of UD and DD, i eat about 1250 cals a day, i have done this many times before with no weight loss, which is why i started low carb..i have speculations about that, isnt it the same as WW in the long run?
any help with these questions or your own experience would be greatly appreciated.
The UD and DD rotation is the key to losing on JUDDD. along with watching and being respectful of your DD and UD calories.

Last edited by adillenal; 05-08-2012 at 02:02 PM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Don't be afraid of the UD calories. I found I wasn't eating up to my UD calories (thought I was, but wasn't tracking) and once I did, I began losing. I keep my DD calories at 500 or below. My UD calories right now are 1930, so not far from yours. What's almost fun is that it can be work to eat enough!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
you have to respect the up number, the down you can be at or below (fasting is great)
your mileage will be unique to you on the food components.
recommend you don't do sweet on down days just for hunger sake
on up days you will have to find your balance. some people are not super insulin resistant/troubled and can eat at whim, some of us have to be more careful. I keep my total food sugars under 25g a day, my total carbs usually end up in the low 100 range.
I have to get enough protein, so I focus on that and find that most everything else takes care of itself. Enjoy the freedom!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuma View Post
2) on dd, same question 500 cals of anything?
3)does carbs count at all in this program for success?
I'll address the Weight Watchers question first, I had been on Weight Watchers for a year and lost 20 pounds, then quit and gained back 10 rapidly, started Atkins, lost 10 within 2 weeks then for the next 2 1/2 months lost nothing...I have been on JUDDD for almost 7 weeks and have lost 20 pounds using basically the same calories as I was on Weight Watchers. I FEEL soooooo much better doing JUDDD, am not starving all the time as I was on WW, and am losing every week unlike Atkins.

You can do JUDDD low carbing, higher carb, full blown carb, or a full off free for all! I eat TONS of carbs and am losing loads of weight! For supper tonight I'm having a baked potato with broccoli and cheese plus a salad with full at dressing (I'm on an UD).

Everyone on this board is EXTREAMLY helpful and some of the more experienced ladies will answer anything confusing you may want to ask about....the mechanics of JUDDD if you will. I Recommend the book highly (The Alternate Day Diet) your library may have a copy, amazon sells it if not.

Oh and be sure you keep track of your calories, guessing is bad!

WELCOME!!!

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Last edited by Becky; 05-08-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
I came over from Atkins as well and can testify that YES this does work! I have been losing at a much faster rate than I did on LC. Make sure you get in those up day calories (don't short yourself!), but other than that you can eat whatever you want....low carb, low fat, high carb, all cupcake diet (probably not recommended).

Dedicate yourself to do this for at least two weeks and don't be surprised if you see an initial gain if you choose to add carbs back in...you will lose those, plus more!

to JUDDD!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Skuma! It looks like your questions have been pretty well answered. I've seen time and again how someone who did straight lower calories daily, at an average that they get between JUDDD's UD/DD calories, didn't lose, and had a slow-down of metabolism which just doesn't seem to happen with JUDDD. There's something magical about the combination of the higher than normal UD and the very low calorie DD that really gets your metabolism burning. I sure hope you have a good first DD and give this WOE at least a few weeks to see what it can do for you. It's changed my life and I will never go back to any of the plans I've done before. JUDDD is it for me.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post
I came over from Atkins as well and can testify that YES this does work! I have been losing at a much faster rate than I did on LC. Make sure you get in those up day calories (don't short yourself!), but other than that you can eat whatever you want....low carb, low fat, high carb, all cupcake diet (probably not recommended).

Dedicate yourself to do this for at least two weeks and don't be surprised if you see an initial gain if you choose to add carbs back in...you will lose those, plus more!

to JUDDD!
Next week I'm doing the ALL Cupcake diet JUDDD style!!!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
Hi! I am also moving over from Atkins. My plan is to still to Atkins on JUDD.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
I have found combining low carb with JUDDD to be great! I keep below about 30 to 50 carbs on UDs & lower on DDs. I was not losing on LC and now have averaged 1.75lb per week on JUDDD for last 8 weeks. I think I would lose more if I kept to strict rotations but life keeps getting in the way! I have just had 4 UDs in a row & a good DD today. Hope damage is not too severe....

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
me too! i came from LC. stayed on atkins intro for a month. then moved over to juddd and was SCARED TO DEATH. its been awesome. mmmm pizza.

stick with the numbers and if it isnt working after a month, check out the threads
GL!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I follow my paleo woe with Juddd. My gross carbs average around 100g on UD's and 40 or so on DD's.

You can eat however you want. Some find they are more carb sensitive (or don't want to see a bounce on the scale) and need to do some healing at first, so stay low carb at first and introduce them gradually. Others dive right in to the breads and sugars, take the expected bounce in stride, and start losing from that point.

You know your body best (or will--JUDDD seems to teach us a lot about our mental and physical reactions to different foods), so will just have to try something and see how it goes.

Welcome!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Dont fear UD. It keeps you losing. Anything less and you Wont lose as much. This is NOT YOUR TYPICAL EAT 1200 calories a day diet and lose. ReAd the book. Read the website, read the stickies. They explain.

Last edited by heyjupiter; 05-09-2012 at 05:54 AM..
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
IT’S ALL TRUE!!!! (Long)

See this to help you believe that you won't gain weight. That 1250 you used to eat is different to the JUDDD magic swings.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Yes yes on this woe you must eat your UD calories in order to keep your metabolism from slowing down! Allow yourself to trust in Juddd and you will be rewarded.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote