Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fixin
Stats: 5 ft 9 140/128/130
WOE: cycling carbs and calories (JUDD Enthusiast)
Hubby update

My husband wanted to try only 2 down days per week to mantain his weightloss of about ten pounds. This has been going on for the last 3 weeks or so. He was down another couple of pounds but after 2 uuaa days over the weekend he's back to only maintaining the loss.

This is pretty doable mantainence for him. I love that he now never snores anymore.
fixin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
My DH isn't snoring anymore either!!! Wooo-Hoooo! He is now down 25.6 pounds as of this morning.

Your DH is doing great!! Thanks for updating.

Mine went out and bought a bunch of new clothes a few days ago. His clothes were just falling off him.

I read somewhere that women usually lose visceral fat first when they are dieting and men lose subcutaneous fat first. Wow! That explains a lot!!

It took me 20 pounds to get into a smaller size. With him, I could start seeing a big difference after about 7 pounds. Interesting.

I lost pounds on the scale and not too many inches doing LC. Then I came to JUDD and the inches started melting but the scale drop has been slow.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
That is awesome that your DH is participating! I'm glad he's found something that works for him.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Question for those of you with DH's participating-- do they count their own calories, or just eat what you give them, or what? My DH doesn't want to do it b/c he doesn't want to count anything. He knows what to eat/not eat on LC so he's sticking with that (and when he sticks with it, he loses... but if he cheats... you know the story).

Thanks!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
My DH is doing Juddd with me. He is having so much trouble eating UP to his calories on our UP days. At best I think he only needs to lose a little belly fat, he won't reveal his weight. I don't think he will lose this way. Does anyone know if he will still enjoy the other benefits of IF even if he's low on his UP day calories. I'm mostly concerned about his cholesterol?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good job by you & your DH, fixin! Sounds like he's really enjoying maintenance and you're sleeping well to boot!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Question for those of you with DH's participating-- do they count their own calories, or just eat what you give them, or what? My DH doesn't want to do it b/c he doesn't want to count anything. He knows what to eat/not eat on LC so he's sticking with that (and when he sticks with it, he loses... but if he cheats... you know the story).

Thanks!
S.
I do all the cooking, pack his lunch, count his calories, plan dinners and make them. I've said this before: It's "stealth JUDD" for him. He does not know he is doing it. Shhhhhhhhh.....don't tell him! He asked me mid-February to help him lose weight but said he needed something that would be really easy to follow. I told him he could start by only eating what I give him, which will be similar to the way I eat.

The next thing I thought of was "The GI Diet" book. We were on a long drive back home from southern CA mid Feb. so I read a lot of it to him in the car while he drove. Then when we got home I showed him the colored pages. Red light (Bright red backround) foods are foods you avoid entirely if you can. Yellow light with the bright yellow back round are the ones you can occasionally eat, with rules. Like bread has to have 3 grams of fiber and you can only have it once a day. Or cereal has to have 11 grams of fiber (HARD to find, but I got some that come close or I make my crockpot oatmeal and beef it up with more fiber). Green light foods you can have all you want unless there is an asterik with a note explaining it. Every page of the food lists is striped vertically with red,yellow and green backgrounds.

He was so excited about that book! He took it to the office with him and studied it. Now when he has to go to a business lunch or social event, he makes way better choices and comes home and tells me exactly what he ate! The day after I read him the book in the car, he started measuring his waist because I told him men should never have a waist over 40 inches (women 35) and ideally, we should take our height in inches, divide it in half, and that's really what our healthiest waste measurement should be. Now he is a scale fanatic and, like me, will not go a day without weighing and sometimes he steps on the scale 3 times in the same day! I cannot believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
My DH is doing Juddd with me. He is having so much trouble eating UP to his calories on our UP days. At best I think he only needs to lose a little belly fat, he won't reveal his weight. I don't think he will lose this way. Does anyone know if he will still enjoy the other benefits of IF even if he's low on his UP day calories. I'm mostly concerned about his cholesterol?
Depends on how low his UDs are IMHO. If DDs are low and UDs are low, his metabolism will slow down.

If you have read any of Jamie's recent posts they are really good. His UD allowance was 4700 I think and he felt it was too high.

Jamie decided to try eating at 35 -45% on DDs. Then he whacked off 1000 calories or so from UDs. He started losing half a pound per day and feeling the appetite suppressant, high energy and other observable benefits of JUDD.

I think he put a long post about his tweaks on the "slow losers" thread. If I find his post, I'll give you a link, OK?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Muff: Check out this link and read all of Jamie's posts. I think they will be really helpful to you and your DH 'cos Jamie's a guy!! We love guys.

Non-losers & slow-losers Chats
Old 05-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post

Thanks!
S.
My DH eats just what I give him, stays full, even on down days and is feeling great. He is not handy in the kitchen to say the least.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
My DH isn't snoring anymore either!!! Wooo-Hoooo! He is now down 25.6 pounds as of this morning.

Your DH is doing great!! Thanks for updating.

Mine went out and bought a bunch of new clothes a few days ago. His clothes were just falling off him.

I read somewhere that women usually lose visceral fat first when they are dieting and men lose subcutaneous fat first. Wow! That explains a lot!!

It took me 20 pounds to get into a smaller size. With him, I could start seeing a big difference after about 7 pounds. Interesting.

I lost pounds on the scale and not too many inches doing LC. Then I came to JUDD and the inches started melting but the scale drop has been slow.
Sounds like your DH is doing super great too.

Interesting about the pounds vs inches. Even though my DH has not officially dropped anymore pounds in this maintenance mode, he looks smaller and his belly looks greatly diminished. Maybe after the initial obvious fat loss, he is now losing some visceral inches in maintenance since the SIRT1 enzyme is surely still activated.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I have not mentioned this before but my sixteen year old daughter decided to include three down days per week at the same time as my husband started a couple of months ago. Her down days are still at about 1000 cals like my husbands. She had been doing mostly low carb and cheating completely every weekend so was a little higher in weight than she felt comfortable with, although about 135 pounds at 5 ft 8 but a small build like me.

Three down days per week didn't seem to do much at first since she still cheated on whatever she felt like every weekend. But now two months later she is down a full five pounds and feels perfect in all her clothes. Like my husband, she does not want to lose anymore so is also maintaining with two down days per week. She loves the food, makes herself puddings, konjac noodles and lots of other down days goodies. She's very creative in the kitchen. So it's been awesome for two members of my immediate family. My Mom Dad and Aunt are all Judding, losing weight and loving it.