Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Water for weight loss?

obvioulsy water is important in general

i know it can flush sodium and help with water retention and also may help some eat less but do you think there other benifits for drinking more water strictly for weightloss?
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/162.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Water by itself make me very hungry for some insane reason, I drink mostly tea, coffee, Diet Pepsi (hangs head in shame), and lemonade made with Stevia nad lemon juice. But do try to get in 20oz of plain water per day.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Yep. You can Google "does drinking water help lose weight" and find a bunch of good stuff. Here are a few good quotes from articles. (I didn't know about the liver thing!) and some links:

Water contributes to the way the body's organs function. Water aids in digestion, regulates body functions, transports nutrients, removes the body's waste material, reduces blood pressure and cholesterol, improves skin tone and lubricates joints.

Significance

Drinking the right amount of water affects weight loss. The To Lose Weight website states that an adequate amount of water increases the rate at which the liver burns fat as well as reduces water retention. The body stays hydrated (which is important if you exercise and for your metabolism) and food is digested properly.

Read more: How Does Drinking Water Help You to Lose Weight? | eHow.com How Does Drinking Water Help You to Lose Weight? | eHow.com

"Jan. 5, 2004 -- Whether your weight-loss strategy espouses carbs with no fat or protein with few carbs, there is one thing your plan most certainly recommends -- water. From the veggie-based Ornish diet to steak-loving Atkins (and virtually all diets in between) "drink lots of water" is part of the mantra.

Now comes scientific evidence that H2O really does help you lose weight. Researchers in Germany report that water consumption increases the rate at which people burn calories. "

Drinking Water May Speed Weight Loss

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Click on that last link to read more about the study. I think it said drinking adequate amounts of water can speed the metabolism up 30% or something like that.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
there's no reason to drink a gallon of water each day..your body's requirement of water will depend on a lot of agents :your age,your activity,your weight,the weather and your blood pressure level..massive amount of water could be harmful .. DR.Atkins recommended watching the urine color to determine if you need to drink more water or not..
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
thanks yam, ill read that.
i wasnt sure if there was type of fat flushing thing.

and yeah, the gallon or the 8 glasses a day is the same as everyone should eat 2000 calories a day idea. everyone is obviously different!
the first time i went on atkins i was drinking so much water it made me SUPER sick
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
I recently read somewhere that increased blood volume via water decreased the concentration of insulin in the blood. This is good from a fat storage/insulin sensitivity perspective. (If I understood it all correctly.)

As I am a crummy scientist I will leave you to poke around the internet for more info on the insulin/body fat/water connection....
Damazon is offline   Reply With Quote