Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Why is the darn number so important to me??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770762-why-darn-number-so-important-me.html)

Becky 05-07-2012 08:15 AM

Why is the darn number so important to me???

I just got back from Weight Watchers, I joined over a year ago and now keep going just to keep me motivated and accountable. I'm down to 149 and had told my husband that I would finally get serious about exercising when I hit 149, but in the past when I start exercising I tend to stop losing, yes I do tone up and look good but the number just dosn't like to move. I really should start exercising because I have lost 30 pounds since I started a year ago at 180 and need to tone up but that number staying put just gets me everytime and I don't want to become unmotivated this time. :dunno:

[/rant]

Beeb 05-07-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 15637274)
I just got back from Weight Watchers, I joined over a year ago and now keep going just to keep me motivated and accountable. I'm down to 149 and had told my husband that I would finally get serious about exercising when I hit 149, but in the past when I start exercising I tend to stop losing, yes I do tone up and look good but the number just dosn't like to move. I really should start exercising because I have lost 30 pounds since I started a year ago at 180 and need to tone up but that number staying put just gets me everytime and I don't want to become unmotivated this time. :dunno:

[/rant]

You have done amazingly well and maybe measuring now will be a better opinion to keeping you on track then that number on the scale? Or exercise a bit less?

Not sure, but just wanted to give you :clap: and a :hugs: for the great job you are doing!! :high5:

Manday 05-07-2012 08:35 AM

Do you measure as well? Maybe you could start doing that instead (or at least in addition to). That way you could see if you lost inches and not feel so bad if the scale stayed the same or went up. I know at Curves they measure, weigh, and do body fat % measurements for that reason. One of them could change for the better while the others may not change or seem to get worse. I have been measuring every 2 weeks or so and using the body fat % function on my scale once a week just to keep my sanity in check.

piratejenny 05-07-2012 09:59 AM

I want to suggest the body fat % too. Get obsessed with that # instead!

To test out different diets, medications, and supplements, I kept putting off exercise til "next week"...well, that has turned into more than a year! :annoyed: (I have finally been doing some strength & cardio training the last month or so...scale #s be darned!)

In the past 17 years (since DS was born), exercise has not really helped me lose weight--or injuries & depression have gotten in the way of my doing truly strenuous exercise. But I feel so much better about myself when I am strong, flexible, and don't get out of breath easily--even if I am still ginormous & flabby!

Good luck, sweetie!:hugs:

sterlinggirl 05-07-2012 10:11 AM

I know all to well how that scale messes with your head.. YEars ago i joined Curves and had donw realy well changing my body shape and losing 30 inches.. but you see.. the number on the scale meant more to me at that time in my life and i let that obsession casue me to stop.. I wish at that time i would not have done that,, i know now, yes the scale is important to me but!!! I i could only lose the inches around my muffin top i would "look" so much better.. So i say work out, and look great~ In time that scale number can be a thing of the past for and for me as well~ :hugs:

Becky 05-07-2012 10:57 AM

I havn't measured but will start doing that. In reality I should just go by clothes and if I get down to my goal size (8) I know that I'm still doing well. I will still get weighed at WW but will not let the number drive me batty.