Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I Cut My Hair And Eat!

This is what I do when I'm stressed out beyond anything I can get control of!

I have certain people and situations that cause amazing stress in my life and when these enter I take that stress and do really things.

1. I cut my hair! Yes, I cut my hair myself and NO I'm not a hairdresser so you KNOW what my hair turns out to look like! I had a major stress(er) visiting here last week and after one bad haircut 3 weeks ago and then another one by someone else to "fix" it a week later (not any better ) I got really stressed more between this visitor coming and the bad hair cuts and I started cutting. Needless to say my shoulder length hair is now to my chin! My fav hairdresser fixed it, and It's cute but.......... And the sad part is even if my hair looked wonderful I still would cut it during this kind of stress!

2. I eat LOTS food! Yup, lots! I can't seem to be satisfied or recognize my hunger when these stresses come on board. I sit and eat, and eat, and eat some more!! I gain weight, of course, which doesn't make me happy. And yes, I've tried everything possible outside of food to get rid of these stresses but.........

Now that the stresses are gone I have started to think of other ways to deal with these stresses if and when they come along again. I've gotten some dollar store barbie dolls and I'm going to cut THEIR hair instead of mine and I'm going to find other, construction things to do instead of eat!

Will these work? My intentions are always good when I look forward but I never had a "plan" in mind before! I'm hoping next time these re-actions to my stress will not be here and more constructive ones will!

Tell us your story, if you want, and how you deal with your stress(ers)

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 05-07-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Beeb I hope your stress levels get better

When I'm really stressed, I'll drive out to a local small park that has a pond and watch the ducks. It's very relaxing.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Beeb, so sorry to hear you were under so much stress!

I don't have any constructive advice for you, just wanted to send you my good thoughts and some hugs!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
Hugs Beebs-like your idea of cutting the dolls hair rather than your own, when stress hit me I buy LOTS of licorice and eat it while I am walking on the beach-the beach helps the licorice not so much LOL~~
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
OOOOOOh, I feel for you, I really do. I had a stressful couple of days as well. I spent 2 days in a car with my mother and brother, driving to a family funeral, enough said. I too use food to comfort me. I didn't do too badly though, thank goodness. It is hard to find something else to comfort yourself with when you've been using that "comfort" for so long. I tend to clean when I get stressed at home, keeps my mind off stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But, hey, the house gets clean! I think you are certainly headed in the right direction. You recognize your stressor and you are taking positive action. Hang in there!
Tami
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Beep u r not alone!
Cutting our own hair is a depression characteristic.
Of course unless u r good t it. Smile.
But I no what u mean.
I hope ur feeling better by now. Good plan, have a plan!!
I've done that years ago. I'm not a salonest either.
Mine would be an 1-1/2 short before I stopped! Not pretty.
I was supper nervous back then. I'd look like Miss Jane on the Beverly hillbilly before I could get a handle on it. Hope I made u giggle a little. Relax. A good divorced was my answer.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I totally feel you Beeb! I am so a stress eater! It is my main coping mechanism. It really sucks.

I also workout when I'm stressed. Sounds great, but I always overdo it...it's a constant struggle not to push myself too hard and hurt myself. If I hurt myself, then it causes more stress, then more eating, then more stress, then I'm mad cause I can't work out.... needless to say...I feel ya!

I'm glad you are finally feeling better.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/19/2012
In addition to eating, I tend to spend money when I'm stressed, so I don't recommend that! I also crochet and knit and that helps. It's also constructive (you can make things to donate). Hmmm....let's see...I also discovered recently when my hubby quit his job (and I therefore had no money to spend and WAY too much anger and stress to sit still long enough to crochet) that I seriously enjoy boxing. I have a Wii and I do the Wii Sports boxing as well as Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. Lets me get out a lot of frustration without actually hurting anybody. I think it would be slightly more effective if I had a heavy bag, but then we're back to no money for a bag or a gym, so Wii all the way!

Hope you find something that helps when you're feeling like this!
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Thanks for sharing this with us all, Beeb. You have no idea how timely it is for me. I guess we all have a lot in common, don't we?

My weekend was a combo of stress and celebrations. The stress was dominant as my sister had some kind of horrible seizure and was whisked away in an ambulance to the hospital Friday night. At first doctors thought it was a stroke. But after 24 hours of back and forth and medical tests and her with constant tremors and convulsions, a neurologist has diagnosed her with a condition called Chorea.

I did a lot of research on the Internet and it's not pretty. Doctors have not yet determined what is causing it. (Chorea itself is a symptom of an underlying problem). But the neurologist told her son it's likely this will never go away. The only med they are giving her now is a sedative to help her sleep at night because the constant convulsions and manic, over-excited talking and gasping for air is exhausting.

Our oldest grand daughter turned 13 which was a big deal and we could not miss her birthday dinner and party. My BFF had also planned an early birthday celebration for me (my actual bd isn't till June, but both of us will be traveling a lot and she was so excited to give me my presents and spend time together). I thought about canceling and she said she would totally understand.

But, I decided there is nothing I can do for my sister except keep my phone with me for updates.

So, in between crying buckets of tears and spending hours on the phone with family members and on the Internet searching for answers and talking lots to my DDIL who is a Physician's Assistant, and we call her the family doctor, I ATE and ATE.

I originally planned to be really careful at the luncheon w/ BFF. But we got in to a mutual grief mode because it's the anniversary of the accidental drowning of her only son (he was 22 when he died). And, all my family has been going through with the death of my 2 brothers recently, a sister diagnosed with Alzheimer's who no longer knows me and now another sister with this horrible thing happening...

I threw caution to the wind at DGD's birthday party, too. Not only that, but I could not sleep Fri or Sat night so I stayed up, watching TV and eating everything and anything. There was Easter candy in the fridge. There were Lay's potato chips in the cupboard. (I normally wouldn't have those things in the house, but DD had left them there and I was going to ask her if I should toss them or keep them for her. Instead I ATE them.)

I cried so much yesterday morning at church because everyone wanted to know about my sister and just talking about it made me feel sick. My eyes were swollen last night and I didn't have a very good night's sleep for the 3rd night in a row.

This morning I decided to hide the scale. I talked to my sister. She is coherent but it's just very hard to accept what she is like now. I need to get through this grief and continue to live life in a good way. My other family members and I need to console each other without making comfort foods a huge part of it.

Sorry for all the venting. I was not even going to come to the JUDD forum today because I thought I would be a real downer. And I am. Sorry. Then decided I would just log on, go to the Daily Weigh In thread and post that I'm hiding my scale this week so won't be posting there and log back off. But I saw this thread and now everything is pouring out of me.

Please forgive me if this is TMI and of course, just toggle through it and skip it.

I didn't mean to write a book.

But I have to say that I still feel good to have a WOE to come back to that I can just get right back in. I am soooooooo looking forward to and needing a DD today. I don't even want to look at food. I fixed DH his breakfast and packed his lunch and plan to make him a casserole and salad for dinner. But I want to enjoy my DD.

Thanks for this place. And, thanks, Beeb, for your honesty. You make a safe space for wayward JUDDers to share.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamilda View Post
OOOOOOh, I feel for you, I really do. I had a stressful couple of days as well. I spent 2 days in a car with my mother and brother, driving to a family funeral, enough said. I too use food to comfort me. I didn't do too badly though, thank goodness. It is hard to find something else to comfort yourself with when you've been using that "comfort" for so long. I tend to clean when I get stressed at home, keeps my mind off stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But, hey, the house gets clean! I think you are certainly headed in the right direction. You recognize your stressor and you are taking positive action. Hang in there!
Tami

Sorry for your loss, Tami. But thanks for reminding me. Cleaning and organizing helps me feel better, too. No food today. Just lots of water for me and, a cleaner house.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Yam-Yam and Tamilda......I you both for sharing with us, and am sending you all lots of healing, and

Hugs and Kisses to you both!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Yam-Yam and Tamilda......I you both for sharing with us, and am sending you all lots of healing, and

Hugs and Kisses to you both!!
Now I'm crying again. I feel the and from you and, boy, I need it right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Sending good thoughts and well wishes to all of you!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
I am so thankful for the local Supercuts when I get like this--too many bad stress DIY haircuts, especially the bangs!

Two of my sisters get a new tattoo, one gets a new ear piercing and has close to five wholes in each ear. ALL of us eat.

I am sorry to hear things are so stressful for you right now, Beeb and Yam-Yam.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
Tamilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Beeb i can relate to cutting my own hair.. I used to do that all the time.. it seams like the only thing i could control in my life at the time was how my hair looked.. I was thankfully a hair dresser about 20 years ago.. so no one has to fix what i do.. but.. i always seam to hate what i did a day or two later when the new style makes my face look fatter.. I have been a depression eater for years now.. Back in the day i used to sneek eat.. right from a child.. i would get up at nite.. grab a can of cream of chicken soup and eat it raw right from the can while the house slept... was also famious for eting freezer oatmeal cookie dough out of the freezer for years! (my mother stoped making it..) Now a days my stress release seams to be sleep... i become antisocial and find when ever i can to escape to my room and sleep.. for days.. I try not to be like this but somethings cant be helped... for sharing you life with us.. we all need a purging of sorts at times to help us heal.. YAMYAM..I cryed as i read your post.. i can feel your confusion and hurt thru the monitor.. hugs and prayers for you girl Please come to us as often as you need to share your story so we can help you heal from this hurt~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Sending lots of love and hugs long distance from rainy England to Linda, yam-Yam and Tamilda.

As a comfort eater, i can empathise what you are going through...even though it hardly makes me feel better, I still do it. I think food comforts that hurting child in us like nothing else can.

Will be thinking of you all..please post soon, and let us know how you are doing!

And Linda...try to get a hairdressing model head with really long hair, perhaps oh eBay or at a garage sale. Each time you feel the need, give it a new, slightly shorter hairstyle...and you could perhaps talk to it as if it were the person who stressed you out...giving "them" a good talking too and a bad haircut would be very theraputic!

big hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Beeb, I'm so sorry for the stress you're going through. Also hugs to Yam-Yam and Tami as well as anyone else having a difficult time. I don't know if this would help any of you, but what works for me is very similar to what Manday has suggested with the physical exercise. I find the closest heavy bag/punching bag and really go to town. Intensive weight lifting or cardio exercise also helps. Something about the combination of the exhaustion along with the endorphins released calms me down and really helps to unwind the stress.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #19

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Beeb, Yam-Yam, Tamilda and anyone else needing it: a thousand times over. I'm so sorry for the stressful situations you are going through. I wish I could help. I'm a stress eater too. Sometimes going for a walk helps too, at least I am away from food for a while and that can short-circuit the eating cycle.

And post here!! We are here to support each other. Post, and rant, and whine all you want. We care so deeply for each of you, as you do for us. Let us be your soft place to fall.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
YamYam, Beeb, Tami!

I am sitting here at work and so sad for all of you!

Unfortunately, I shop when I stress!!! Mostly online, but it is so ridiculous!!! Shop like I have money to blow and sometimes after a margarita, which usually involves me spending a bunch online!
My BFF gambles at the casino and eats when she stresses, we both try to console each other. It is a vicious cycle.

Someone on one of the JUDDD threads, can't remember who??? mentioned the author, "Robin Phipps Woodall" and her book " Weight Loss Apocolypse". Well, I went straight to Amazon and ordered her book and now I listen to her youtube Vlogs while at the office. I encourage all of you to listen to some of these, truly enlightening, but it has done wonders for my emotional eating/destructive behavior. Love reading "Weight Loss Apocaplyse" and even though it is geared to Hcg'ers, it is very relative to our own emotional eating and solutions to such issues!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kimberly! You too!

Love you!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Beeb, I'm so sorry for the stress you're going through. Also hugs to Yam-Yam and Tami as well as anyone else having a difficult time. I don't know if this would help any of you, but what works for me is very similar to what Manday has suggested with the physical exercise. I find the closest heavy bag/punching bag and really go to town. Intensive weight lifting or cardio exercise also helps. Something about the combination of the exhaustion along with the endorphins released calms me down and really helps to unwind the stress.
I AGREE!!! I run and jump! helps me think it through! And pray it through!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Sunday~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #24

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
to Linda, Tamilda, and Yam, and anyone else who's going through stressful life events. We're here for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Big hug for all who need one.

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #27

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I thought I was stressed until I read this thread.

I am so sorry about the overeating Beeb, but I am allowed a little laugh at the hair cutting. I have to stop myself 'improving' my hair at times. Glad it is cute now!

Oh Yam-Yam. My heart is going out to you. Your poor dear sister, I really don't know what to say. You are having such a hard time it doesn't seem fair. Hope you are through this as much as possible soon. A good DD will be very 'cleansing'. Sending

Tamila, Kimberly, to both of you too.

When I am stressed I like to sleep too. And I am afraid I am sulky and snappy with my wonderful DH, who doesn't deserve it.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I used to have someone who caused me that kind of stress when she came to visit. This is how I dealt with it. I never invited her to visit again. We strictly had a phone relationship for the next 16 years. It was one of the healthiest things I ever did for myself and it extended to my children. I never had to again feel emotionally as devastated as this person made me feel and I stopped it in its tracks from going on to another generation of my family. And when push came to shove this person really didn't care one way or the other.She had always done what was best for her, I simply followed her lead and did what was best for me. It is ok to sometimes put yourself first and it sometimes allows you to be a better version of yourself for others.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #29

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well done Vanessa. I admire you for that.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Wow....so sorry for what everyone is going through.

When I am stressed I take a walk, or two. Or I go shopping....even if I don't have money to spend, just getting out of the house helps. But there are times that I can't do either and if it's an UD it will affect my eating...and some of them have ended up being massive. :/
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote