Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Beeb, Yam Yam, and Tamilda, I am sending the most compassionate heartfelt hugs and prayers or thoughts or whatever you are most accepting of, from me this evening. Just reading this, and wouldn't you know, I had been sort of "staying away" because of some stressful "down" feelings myself. I tend to shut down like you said Kimberly, from pretty much everyone if I can. It does seem healing to me because I just have to sort of work through it myself. No distraction from others. Obviously this can't work in every situation. I see absolutely no problem with crying on one another's shoulders though. (So, no apologies for sharing what's "real" in your life) If I had my way, we would all meet somewhere, share a couple of fancy hotel rooms with room service, and cry together and act silly and laugh together just like a bunch of teens!!!! It's my PRIDE that keeps me from sharing, and insecurity that tells me nobody wants to hear from ME!!! LOVE and care deeply for my hurting BUDDS. Trusting you will gain strength from each of us and get through quickly what life unfortunately can throw our way.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
So sorry for all the stress and grief and heartache you're dealing with Beeb, Tami, and Yam Yam! Glad you have a safe place here to vent, to cry, to get support. Big to each of you.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
to everyone who is experiencing such terrible times of stress. These days, everyone on this forum is in my thoughts and prayers. But please know I am sending virtual hugs to those of you who are going through too much.

Stress eating has been my downfall many times. I have noticed that really fixating on JUDDD seems to help me. Eating to (but not beyond or below) the DD/UD rotation is a distraction, a reminder of saner times; and gives me a measure of control when the world around me spins out of control.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Linda,

I feel so badly that you are feeling so stressed right now.
Like Jo's idea of getting a Barbie doll and giving her a bad 'do'. Just may bring on a laugh for you.

Tami

Am so sorry for your loss! Being with family under those circumstances surely can be fuel for stress.

Yam Yam

Your post brought tears to my eyes, and your stress level is so intensively extreme.

My good thoughts and prayers are with you.

When I'm under extreme stress, my appetite is zilch and I tend to get very sleepy and go into my own little world.
Sometimes getting in the car and going to the beach helps me sort things out a bit better.

Unfortunately, I take it out on my man, and he is the last person who should be the object of my scorn...he is the kindest man I know.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
My heart was breaking as I read these posts ... Sometimes it is good just to listen, give hugs {{{{{{and I send many}}}}}}}; know that God is nigh ...

Another reason why I love JUDDD so much; it is not just about how or what we eat, whether it is a DD or an UD; it is also about friendship, the bond that we share, knowing that when times are really hard and you don't know what to do, don't know what to say, don't know how to feel, you can always come here ... Whenever I say that this is our JUDDD family, it is the truth, we are family, we care about you and we love you ...

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

Last edited by InTheLight; 05-08-2012 at 08:16 AM..
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
What lovely and comforting posts from all of you. and and thank you. I would take time to respond to each one individually, but I took the advice to MOVE and made an appointment with my personal trainer. She works me so hard I forget about everything and I really need this.

I found that I could not hide my scale. Got it back out and it showed a +5.2 gain yesterday which I certainly deserved after 2 UUADs and all the stress. So, I had my DD yesterday where I drank coffee with half and half and then lots of ice water throughout the day with the juice of 2 lemons squeezed in it throughout the day. I truly was not hungry.

This morning, if I didn't see this with my own eyes, I would never have believed it. There was a -7.4 drop on the scale. OMGosh! Have to say I'm glad I didn't stick with my hiding the scale plan. I would NOT have wanted to miss seeing that.

I hit a new low. Am 37.8 pounds down now. Getting closer to -40.

Was able to talk to my sister again yesterday. She is looking and feeling better and is going to hear more blood test results from the doctor today.

Thank you for all your love, comfort, prayers, thoughts and support. I agree with whoever said JUDD is way more than just a WOE. This feels like family.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wow!!!! 7.4 in one day!!! I wish you could see the big smile I am wearing right now!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I am having one of those eat eat eat the stress days today. Fortunately it's an up day, I think it may be too much of an up day. I think I'll go and get out of the house for a while, go have a coffee.

Hugs to all.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #39
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I all of you, thanks so much!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I am having one of those eat eat eat the stress days today. Fortunately it's an up day, I think it may be too much of an up day. I think I'll go and get out of the house for a while, go have a coffee.

Hugs to all.
Good idea to get out of the house. I think I'm going to go get back in the pool again. It was so soothing. And, it's heading for the 90's already. Gonna be a hot afternoon.

You take care and keep us posted about how you are feeling, OK?

Beeb: We love you too!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Wow!!!! 7.4 in one day!!! I wish you could see the big smile I am wearing right now!!!
I'm almost giddy at times. What a difference a day makes, huh? I'm always telling DD when she is stressed or has a problem that "you never know what a day will bring." You never do!

I worked out for over an hour with my trainer. Then it was just so nice out and I brought my swimsuit and Aquafit water weights so I got in the pool and did 30 minutes of water aerobics and swam some laps. Wow! that felt good.

I had the pool to myself until I was done swimming laps. Then another gal came. She is new in our area and we started talking like we have known each other all our lives. Turns out we were both born in the same hospital in Altoona Pennsylvania and raised in that area!!! (I'm from a town 10 miles away and a lot smaller than Altoona. And I actually was born outside the hospital because my mother said being the impatient girl I am, I couldn't wait til she got inside!!)

What a treat to meet someone from my little corner of the world. We are gonna try to hook up again at the pool.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

My sister's blood tests did not reveal anything yet. The doctor said they are not done doing tests and will keep trying to figure out what is causing the Chorea.

Wonder if some of the water weight I lost on the scale was the result of the buckets of tears I kept crying yesterday? How many pounds of tears do you think a post-menopausal woman can cry in one day?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Beeb, Yam Yam, and Tamilda, I am sending the most compassionate heartfelt hugs and prayers or thoughts or whatever you are most accepting of, from me this evening. Just reading this, and wouldn't you know, I had been sort of "staying away" because of some stressful "down" feelings myself. I tend to shut down like you said Kimberly, from pretty much everyone if I can. It does seem healing to me because I just have to sort of work through it myself. No distraction from others. Obviously this can't work in every situation. I see absolutely no problem with crying on one another's shoulders though. (So, no apologies for sharing what's "real" in your life) If I had my way, we would all meet somewhere, share a couple of fancy hotel rooms with room service, and cry together and act silly and laugh together just like a bunch of teens!!!! It's my PRIDE that keeps me from sharing, and insecurity that tells me nobody wants to hear from ME!!! LOVE and care deeply for my hurting BUDDS. Trusting you will gain strength from each of us and get through quickly what life unfortunately can throw our way.

Phyl
Phyl: Just wanted to give you BIG and tell you that this is a safe place to come and share when you are going through a rough patch, OK? I have really, really broad shoulders. Good for you to cry on. Everyone is so caring. Don't ever feel alone. You are a special lady and I'm so glad you are a JUDD BUDD.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Yam.....it's amazing how little it can take sometimes to get such a "lift". If you can pull yourself up going through what you are dealing with, I certainly can too. Your kind words are one of your endearing qualities. I am also amazed how little it can take from a person's mouth to bring someone down. No wonder our tongue is considered a weapon. Know what I mean? You helped renew my faith in people again. Just when I thought I had gotten stronger, I got caught off-guard! You are amazing. Your family and you will be in my

Phyl
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #45

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Getting caught up in reading more of the threads here, and just want to tell everyone who has been having a difficult time of it lately that you have my sympathy about the situations you are experiencing that are so stressful. My heart just goes out to you. Those times in our lives are a part of our lives, I guess, but it would be so nice if we could just skip over having to experience them.

I loved your idea of getting Dollar Store dolls and cutting their hair, Beeb! My granddaughter used to have a ton of Barbies, and over the years many of them ended up with fuzzy heads, they had had so many haircuts from going to dear granddaughter's *Beauty Salon*.

Hope this week and these upcoming weeks bring you all relief from your stressful situations and relationships. Hugs!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
So much heartache this week.......My prayers to you all!! Lots of hugs and love too!!

Beeb, dont cut your own hair!!! I used to cut all my barbies hairs too!! Its easier!! They dont care what they look like!! They actually have a barbie you can cut thier hair then make it grow again!!! Get that and walk away from the mirror!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #47

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Phyl: Just wanted to give you BIG and tell you that this is a safe place to come and share when you are going through a rough patch, OK? I have really, really broad shoulders. Good for you to cry on. Everyone is so caring. Don't ever feel alone. You are a special lady and I'm so glad you are a JUDD BUDD.
This is exactly what I love about this group. There's no judging, or biting remarks, or snide comments. There is just genuine caring.

Phyl, please know anything you have to say is just as important as anyone else's thoughts or feelings. You're a very important part of this board, and so valuable in your personal insights and wisdom! When you're hurting, just know that you have plenty of strong shoulders to lean on right here, along with the rest of us who struggle from time to time. I certainly haven't been shy about putting my (admittedly more minor) troubles here, and I always feel better with the support that's so readily given.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Phyl, don't stay away, my JUDDD bud! We all need others from time to time. A few months back I had to fall on the shoulders of friends here when my Dad went through a harrowing medical ordeal.

Feel free to lay anything on us anytime. We care for you and wanna help any way we can.

And that also goes for anyone reading this!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #49
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
For Phyl and Luna.....
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

Hugs to all.
Hope that break did you a world of good, Luna!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Phyl, we are here when ever you need a shoulder!! You dont even have to post it, PM it!! We will listen, cry with you, or give ya a good smack if thats what you need!! Dont ever feel like you cant talk to any of us!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Yam.....it's amazing how little it can take sometimes to get such a "lift". If you can pull yourself up going through what you are dealing with, I certainly can too. Your kind words are one of your endearing qualities. I am also amazed how little it can take from a person's mouth to bring someone down. No wonder our tongue is considered a weapon. Know what I mean? You helped renew my faith in people again. Just when I thought I had gotten stronger, I got caught off-guard! You are amazing. Your family and you will be in my

Phyl
Thank you so, so much for your prayers. You don't know how much that means to me!!! You are so right. The tongue can be a vicious weapon. Or, it can be a healing salve. I'm so JUDD BUDDs use their words to build up and never tear down. Love you, Sista!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
This is exactly what I love about this group. There's no judging, or biting remarks, or snide comments. There is just genuine caring.

Phyl, please know anything you have to say is just as important as anyone else's thoughts or feelings. You're a very important part of this board, and so valuable in your personal insights and wisdom! When you're hurting, just know that you have plenty of strong shoulders to lean on right here, along with the rest of us who struggle from time to time. I certainly haven't been shy about putting my (admittedly more minor) troubles here, and I always feel better with the support that's so readily given.

and DITTO for me -- what Dawn said!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

My sweet sweet BUDDS....it's late here and just came back to read some and am blown away by all your kindness. It made me cry. You ALL are so special to me. You will never know how much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. What a wonderful way to end a dark heavy-hearted day. This cloud really did have a silver lining. I love you all. Thank you for helping me feel like I matter. ( Each and every one of you sure matter to me!)

Phyl
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #54

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Phyl, you are one of the JUDDD special ones. Your beautiful smile and untold kindness is one of the reasons I love this forum. You are unselfishness personified.

Yam-Yam, I am glad your sister is a little better.

And Linda, we need a photo of the new hairdo, lol.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote