Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Awesome post Sophie!!!! Thank you!!!

Another vote that this should be stickied to the top!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/160/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I vote to make this a sticky too.
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Sophie, you have always had great advice, but this time you have outdone yourself! This is such a thoughtful post on your part, and thought provoking for the rest of us. Thank you for taking the time to write it all out. I will take the time to reread it a couple of times, and really digest what you have said. I am at a "setpoint" in weight loss right now,one that I stick at everytime I am losing. Maybe one or more of these suggestions will be just the thing to get me past this point.

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Bump
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Another bump, another vote to make this one a sticky!

Thanks for posting this, Sophie!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #36

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
SPAM! Ugh, administrators, can you please remove? Thx!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #37

Thanks admins!

So yesterday I decided to move into upper WLM, almost to maintenance. I'm going to take a month or two to maintain. I had 730 calories for my DD yesterday (usually I'm under 500).

I woke to a loss this morning! 0.6 pounds, but it gets me into a new decade! Woohoo. I'm shaking it up, Baby!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Thanks admins!

So yesterday I decided to move into upper WLM, almost to maintenance. I'm going to take a month or two to maintain. I had 730 calories for my DD yesterday (usually I'm under 500).

I woke to a loss this morning! 0.6 pounds, but it gets me into a new decade! Woohoo. I'm shaking it up, Baby!
I just commented on this in the daily weigh in =) i was wondering if the loss come from upping your DD calories!!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(210)/size 14(175)/size 12
WOE: LC -- again
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013/restart again Oct 2014
What a timely (and well versed) thread!! Sophie, you must have known that I was looking for just this information... I've slowed down in the loss department and it's not that I'm worried about it yet because the numbers do keep going down, it's just going so slooooowly. But I've gotten a bit lax about the accuracy of the calorie count (guestimating has become the norm) instead of weighing the food so I must get better with that. I'm happy with my loss (30 pounds so far), and realize it took more than 4 months to put it on. So today I'll drink more water (it's a DD), and plan tomorrows meals better than "I'll see what's in the fridge". Thanks for the pep-talk!! Great information!!!

(I agree, sticky please...)
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Awesome post Sophie!!!! Thank you!!!

Another vote that this should be stickied to the top!!!
Couldn't agree with you more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I vote to make this a sticky too.
Yes, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Thanks admins!

Thrilled for you, honey!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #41

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
What a timely (and well versed) thread!! Sophie, you must have known that I was looking for just this information... I've slowed down in the loss department and it's not that I'm worried about it yet because the numbers do keep going down, it's just going so slooooowly. But I've gotten a bit lax about the accuracy of the calorie count (guestimating has become the norm) instead of weighing the food so I must get better with that. I'm happy with my loss (30 pounds so far), and realize it took more than 4 months to put it on. So today I'll drink more water (it's a DD), and plan tomorrows meals better than "I'll see what's in the fridge". Thanks for the pep-talk!! Great information!!!

(I agree, sticky please...)
Of all of the suggestions and advice, you have put your finger on the most important one right here in your post! To my way of thinking anyway. We have to be honest enough with ourselves to know whether it's time to shake something up, or whether our slow progress might be of our own causing.

Sometimes the very best way to *shake it up* is to go back to doing the plan, to being strict with true JUDDD.

How do you really know how many calories you are eating on your Up Days if you don't physically measure out your foods and portions with measuring cups & spoons or you don't weigh your ingredients on a scale? Guesstimating is only as accurate as your ability to accurately guess is, and if you are running into trouble with weight-loss-slowdown, the only change that might be needed to rev up your rate-of-loss could perhaps just be in following JUDDD more accurately. Just a thought here...

For mental diet fatigue, I did find that taking periodic *breaks* from dieting helped my outlook. But if you do this, you sure do have to know yourself well enough to KNOW that you will get back to dieting for weight loss again shortly, so that you actually can get to the size you want to be for the rest of your slim & trim life, and you have to KNOW that you won't go back to former poor eating (overeating) habits and regain pounds and end up back where you started. :-(

Good luck to us all in following JUDDD for our effective weight loss and for our enjoyment along the journey, and here's to us in our successful maintenance... whatever we have to do to get there.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Better With Age
Stats: 169/158.9/145
Start Date: March 21, 2012
I am personally a little "diet" weary. The fact that I have been dieting for 30 years might have something to do with it, or that over the last year I have lost 50 lbs with hcg, lc, and JUDDD. A few days ago I just got weary, I am 13 pounds from my goal and I have made a decision to take my DD calories to maintaince level for a couple of weeks. I am just giving myself permission to relax a bit. I am still staying in rotation but moving my DDs to about 700 to 800. I will continue to count UD calories and between 1700-1900. I am also allowing myself a FD on Mother's Day then Monday will be a DD to stay with the rotation. I will see what happens. Hoping this will give me the freedom I am wanting and it will be right in the middle of TOM so I won't be freaked out from what happens during that visit.

I just wanted to share my intentions. Will report how it goes.
Melissa
Better With Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better With Age View Post
I am personally a little "diet" weary. The fact that I have been dieting for 30 years might have something to do with it, or that over the last year I have lost 50 lbs with hcg, lc, and JUDDD. A few days ago I just got weary, I am 13 pounds from my goal and I have made a decision to take my DD calories to maintaince level for a couple of weeks. I am just giving myself permission to relax a bit. I am still staying in rotation but moving my DDs to about 700 to 800. I will continue to count UD calories and between 1700-1900. I am also allowing myself a FD on Mother's Day then Monday will be a DD to stay with the rotation. I will see what happens. Hoping this will give me the freedom I am wanting and it will be right in the middle of TOM so I won't be freaked out from what happens during that visit.

Melissa
good luck and keep us posted
i get curious as heck! lol
Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnjp View Post
Not positive vanilla but I am guessing it is an Up Up and Away day which is where you eat anything and everything in sight which sounds pretty good to me right now LOL~~~
Ah, that's what I was calling it in my head. Today's an UD for me, so I am eating the moment I get hungry!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better With Age View Post

Melissa
I think this is a smart move for anyone who is mentally weary. You are still doing JUDDD, just relaxing a bit. Taking a breath. Learning to live with it for the long term. And yes, shaking things up.

Feel free to pop in to the Maintenance Lane thread for support on how to 'do' maintenance, and share your experience. And then, when you've rested, just drop right back into wlm and reach for goal.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I think this is a smart move for anyone who is mentally weary. You are still doing JUDDD, just relaxing a bit. Taking a breath. Learning to live with it for the long term. And yes, shaking things up.

Feel free to pop in to the Maintenance Lane thread for support on how to 'do' maintenance, and share your experience. And then, when you've rested, just drop right back into wlm and reach for goal.
I'm a visitor in the Maintenance Lane thread this month, too.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #47

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We love our part time Maintainers. Please drop into the Maintaining thread Melissa.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Great information. Makes one think a lot about what is or is not going right.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Imagine any other program that would allow you to go into maintenance for a 'rest' and then go back to wlm?!?!

JUDDD not only allows it, it is recommended by many, including myself!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
I might be a temp' at maintenance lane too ! after reading Sophie's amazing post I decided to up my DD to 700 and so far (2 rotations) I'm perfectly maintening (I actually feel like i'm losing!) and I feel great !
This weekend I'll be on a 3 UD row in Bordeaux, we'll see how it goes !
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Gee, how on earth did I miss this???

I am thinking about trying maintenance too! I want to enjoy my leisure time coming up. I will report back on how this is going. I wish I had time to do the daily threads, but life is very complicated right now!!! Sophie, I have always enjoyed reading everything you have to offer! This is truly helpful to all of us who are plugging along with our weight loss!

Thank you!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I am going to do maintenance level Judd while on a 4 day trip starting this weekend. My hope is that it makes the trip easier and more enjoyable, I don't gain weight and it shakes things up since I have lost exactly (hmmm, let me think) .... NOTHING this month yet. I'll report back.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
After reading, re-reading, re-reading again, I decided I'll try the Pirate Jenny MUDDD with a day being 6 pm -6 pm. I had to chart it out to get the rotation to make sense, but maybe this will help solve my problem with the super hungry DD for the past 3-4 weeks. Every day has at least one UD meal, so. . . I'm committing to 2 weeks and then will decide what's next!

There is so much info here that I almost missed Dawn's post about moving to a new decade--way to go!

44 down, 6 to go!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #54

Thank you Lianora.

I'm very interested to see how MUDDD works for you. Keep us posted!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #55

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
There is a support thread for the MUDDD plan too, located under the general *Other Plans* heading.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Thanks for the reference, Pat!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Well I've tried shaking it up, reducing DDs, cutting out diet soda, drinking lemon water, adding exercise and still - NOTHING. I'm starting to resent this woe because I feel like it's completely unfair that I am not being rewarded for making it through those DDs. The only reason I keep going is because I don't want to gain. But this can't be right. I'm just maintaining for the last 4 months by JUDDING? It can't be. Sorry to be such a downer but I just don't understand why nothing is happening.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Well I've tried shaking it up, reducing DDs, cutting out diet soda, drinking lemon water, adding exercise and still - NOTHING. I'm starting to resent this woe because I feel like it's completely unfair that I am not being rewarded for making it through those DDs. The only reason I keep going is because I don't want to gain. But this can't be right. I'm just maintaining for the last 4 months by JUDDING? It can't be. Sorry to be such a downer but I just don't understand why nothing is happening.

i see youre doing things to add more stress to your body. did you do the very first thing she suggested?
if you read a couple of my threads you will see what i did different that worked.
I ATE!

all through april i watched the weigh ins and thought there was no way i was going to stick this out at to bounce five pounds.
not t my size.
i finally figued out how to eat how my body wanted and its been PERFECT since. i never EVER go upward unless i fast the day before, which i try to do once a week or every other
maybe just to prove i still have complete contol lol
Old 05-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Skinjob: I feel your pain! May I ask how tall you are? And also, when did you hit the weight you are at now? What WOE did you use to get from 157 to 148? How long did that take?

I'm thinking maybe you could cut and paste this post into a new thread. Reason being, I'd like to hear what Pat has to say. She has lots of experience, wisdom and insight. I'm amazed at how she knows how to get to the heart of the problem.

I only asked how tall you are because if you are very close to a good weight for you, your body is going to fight you tooth and nail to hang on to your weight and maintain it.

Also, it's hard to tell how long a body stays in "Weight Rebound Mode". There are hormonal things happening inside us after we lose a certain amount of weight (which seems to be different for every person) that cause our bodies to fight to regain lost weight reserves. It's unfair, but it is what it is.

Have you been stuck at the same weight for 4 months while JUDDing?

I sure hope you can figure this out!! More big

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Forgot to say: You could name the new thread: "Help!"
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote