Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/51
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
What a brilliant post, thank you so much for sharing!
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Thank you for sharing Jenny, I always enjoy reading people's experience with Juddd. The more you hear about how wonderful it it the more you feel empowered to stay strong.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1001 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I’ve been hanging out here reading *everything* for several months but I didn’t feel I had anything much to contribute just yet --- I hardly ever post anywhere, shy --- but today I just feel I have to share my experience in case it might help some new reader who is on the fence wondering, as I did in the beginning: can this WOE possibly work for me?

Three months ago I was so "broken" --- after four decades of maintaining my weight through sheer stubbornness and brute-force calorie restriction --- that I believed I was forever doomed to be the exception to the rules that apply to “other people.” My body had become adapted to life on 1000 calories in perpetuity to maintain my weight. Eat any more and I would gain, no exaggeration. Heck walk past a bakery counter and I would gain. Worse: each passing year the maintenance calorie number would drop lower, a couple more pounds would creep on, and I would have to get even more strict to get them off / keep them off.

This whole system was OK up to a point (other than the deprivation of not eating, which I hated, since I like to eat!)…..meaning that at least I did stay trim my entire life and on the outside I looked pretty reasonable up to about age 40. Eventually though, as maintenance requirement fell and fell, I passed beyond that point of OK, with muscle loss, hair falling out, low energy, depression possibly related, you name it. Despite a small fortune spent on vitamins, minerals, and other supplements, I was clearly malnourished. But I felt trapped and could honestly see no way back. The calorie spiral kept ratcheting downwards. If I relaxed even the slightest, I would balloon up so fast it made my head spin watching it. This was despite diligent exercise, staying low-carb for health and appetite suppression reasons, and much reading/research. This year at 53 and past menopause, I was seeing real problems ahead, unless I signed on for a biosphere experiment in CR or something LOL.

One point to make is that (since I was maintaining) I only ever had a small amount to lose (range 2 lb up to 20 lb max at any point; usually not more than 5 lb), and because of what I was doing I was never really overweight (140 lb at heaviest, my ideal weight is 120, I was 112 in college.) So this kinda shows how a significant weight problem can exist even without a high number on the scale. (Small plug there for compassion for those souls perpetually struggling with “the last 10 pounds.”) Anyway this February I was back up to 19 lb over target and gaining, and I decided something had to change.

Luckily for me, I found JUDDD and all of you.

I have no words adequate to describe the miracle. I just want to say that everything described by the wise people on this Board is true. I was so skeptical, and really did not believe that my wrecked system would respond. But… after 72 days on JUDDD……

I have LOST THE 19 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!! 1.8 pounds per week is nothing short of amazing for me. Meanwhile I have been eating so well, and my body is SO much happier. And it has been so EASY!!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it. I swear some days I have to check the calendar to see if it’s an UD or a DD – I enjoy them both!

Things have played out "exactly as advertised" here. The scale bounces are beyond insane, but the trend is always down. There have been pauses of a week or two, then multi-pound whooshes in a day or two, all for no apparent reasons that I can find. There is mega ENERGY!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh it is so great to have my energy back. The other huge plus has been better sleep – my lifelong chronic insomnia has all but disappeared, and so many other benefits stem from just that alone. Plus: my achy joints are better. My ibuprofen use has dropped to almost none. Still hoping my neck arthritis will improve although not there yet. But my hair has quit falling out. Even my skin looks better. Multiple inches lost, especially the problem belly fat. And my mood is incredible – positive, uplifted, happy.

For those just getting going, here is what I found worked for me:

1. Stay with the calories!! My allotted calories are 1570 and 375 and I stick to them like a religion, and do best there. For a while, I doubted, I mistrusted my body, so I kept my UD too low by a couple of hundred, and it did not work as well. When I ate more, I did better. (In retrospect: Duh!! Luckily you are all kind and won’t chastise me for taking so long to reach this less-than-brilliant discovery.)

2. Stay with the rotation. When I slipped (downward -- my UD became a MD a couple times), I slowed down.

3. Give it enough time. I began to feel supremely better after Week 3, when the energy kicked in. It took at least 6 weeks to begin to see how the loss cycles worked and get really happy in the eating pattern.

4. For me, low carb makes me feel better and gives me excellent appetite control; but I’ve read enough here to know that this choice is highly individual. I keep carbs below 90 on UD and below 60 on DD, without trying much, just by my natural eating preferences, and it seems like a good compromise that works for me. I have added in plenty of fruit on UD and feel great for it.

5. Drink drink drink. I found dehydration set me back on days I just plain forgot to drink enough.

6. Come here often. Without the support and experience and kindness of the members here I would never have even tried this. THANK YOU all, so much, for all your efforts and caring. You are all FABULOUS!

7. Enjoy the Magic!!!

Sorry for the long novel This has become a lifetime WOE for me, no question. Good luck everyone!

Jenny

Bumping this post for the newbies...excellent advice!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Thanks for bumping, Crazy! This is an amazingly inspiring post.

Jenny, I'm brand new to JUDDD but already I just KNOW that I have found a wonderful new WOE that will most of all make me healthy and also lose all the weight I need to lose.

Hope you continue to feel fantastic. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1001 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Three months ago I was so "broken" --- after four decades of maintaining my weight through sheer stubbornness and brute-force calorie restriction --- that I believed I was forever doomed to be the exception to the rules that apply to “other people.” My body had become adapted to life on 1000 calories in perpetuity to maintain my weight. Eat any more and I would gain, no exaggeration. Heck walk past a bakery counter and I would gain. Worse: each passing year the maintenance calorie number would drop lower, a couple more pounds would creep on, and I would have to get even more strict to get them off / keep them off.

This whole system was OK up to a point (other than the deprivation of not eating, which I hated, since I like to eat!)…..meaning that at least I did stay trim my entire life and on the outside I looked pretty reasonable up to about age 40. Eventually though, as maintenance requirement fell and fell, I passed beyond that point of OK, with muscle loss, hair falling out, low energy, depression possibly related, you name it. Despite a small fortune spent on vitamins, minerals, and other supplements, I was clearly malnourished. But I felt trapped and could honestly see no way back. The calorie spiral kept ratcheting downwards. If I relaxed even the slightest, I would balloon up so fast it made my head spin watching it. This was despite diligent exercise, staying low-carb for health and appetite suppression reasons, and much reading/research. This year at 53 and past menopause, I was seeing real problems ahead, unless I signed on for a biosphere experiment in CR or something LOL.

One point to make is that (since I was maintaining) I only ever had a small amount to lose (range 2 lb up to 20 lb max at any point; usually not more than 5 lb), and because of what I was doing I was never really overweight (140 lb at heaviest, my ideal weight is 120, I was 112 in college.) So this kinda shows how a significant weight problem can exist even without a high number on the scale. (Small plug there for compassion for those souls perpetually struggling with “the last 10 pounds.”) Anyway this February I was back up to 19 lb over target and gaining, and I decided something had to change.

Jenny
Snipped for brevity, most important point bolded.
This totally describes what I've experienced. Jenny has articulated so well what I've been thinking, just didn't have the words to use. Thank you, Jenny!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Bumping. I think this may help some of us.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Interesting. This is sort of what happened to me, but I gave up on trying to fight what I thought was a losing battle (after a life time of being relatively slim). I went from about 130 to over 200 over 10-15+ years. I wish I had found JUDDD before that happened!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
Wow, so glad I stumbled into this section of the boards. I'd never even heard of JUDDD until yesterday and have spent the morning reading all I could about it. This post has taken me off the fence!
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
So pleased you decided to join us. You're going to LOVE it!!!!!
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
We'll see... I just started my first DD today. I'm not normally hungry in the morning, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes.
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote