Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD Protection from Vacation Weight Gain (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770684-juddd-protection-vacation-weight-gain.html)

SoHappy 05-06-2012 07:11 AM

JUDDD Protection from Vacation Weight Gain

I'm finally home again from my three weeks in Colorado Springs! Had a relaxing time there, house-and-pet-sitting for one daughter who got to vacation in Italy, and I got to spend much of my time there with my other daughter, SIL, and dear Granddaughter! So much fun!

But a wonderful thing is that I didn't particularly worry about *JUDDDing* during those three weeks... just enjoyed all the meals that we ate out, and the trips to Dairy Queen, and TONS of fresh fruit as DD has a small parrot who eats much fruit, but you have to eat a lot too, because he can't eat that much before it spoils. So lots and lots of fruit, which I love.

And, I not only didn't gain any weight, I came back a couple of pounds lighter! LOL

I just want to make mention of how nice it is to be able to count on JUDDD protection extending over the days and even weeks you might not be following a true calorie rotation, so that you don't have to worry much about gaining tons of weight back again just from a bit of over-indulgence during your vacation time.

Glad to be back online again though. I somehow lost internet connection early on and have missed you all. Now I need to get caught up with all your news. Hi, Everyone! :hiya:

sophiethecat 05-06-2012 07:16 AM

Welcome back, Pat! :jumpjoy: Sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing time while under "JUDDD protection" (love that) :high5: We're glad you're back and glad you enjoyed yourself. :hugs:

KeirasMom 05-06-2012 07:20 AM

:welcome: back! We missed you, and are so happy you're back to impart your wisdom. :jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 05-06-2012 07:41 AM

Pat, it is great to 'see' you again. And such good news that you had a great time, ate what you wanted, and came back skinnier than ever!

You missed some really interesting discussions...and your voice was sorely missed during said discussions. :shake:

krow134 05-06-2012 07:44 AM

Welcome back!!!!! Sounded like a wonderful vacation!!!!

Jbinme 05-06-2012 08:03 AM

:jumpjoy: Pat is back! So glad to hear that you had a wonderful time! And JUDDD magic was at work!:)

theredhead 05-06-2012 08:03 AM

What a lovely, inspiring post, Pat! We're so glad to have you back, and it's great to hear that your weight has stayed so stable throughout an enjoyable vacation. :hiya:

TryingJudd 05-06-2012 08:07 AM

That's great for you and encouraging for the rest of us warily facing upcoming vacations!

SoHappy 05-06-2012 08:52 AM

Well, I tried to stay aware of what I was eating and how much I was eating, but I also made a conscious effort to not have to do strong Down Days, or a particular rotation at all. Some big pasta restaurant for supper one evening... multiple pasta dishes, of which I had some of it all. And Noodles & Co. for lunch one day... my granddaughter's favorite. :laugh: But some meals were very modest too. Basically, I am pretty proud of how I listened to my hunger, and if I truly wasn't all that hungry, I didn't eat much. No eating for the sake of eating because it's vacation. I didn't force feed myself just because it was vacation. But I didn't deny myself anything I wanted either! LOL

Sheridan 05-06-2012 09:14 AM

So glad you had a great time and glad you're back! :hugs:

ellgee 05-06-2012 09:28 AM

Welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful vacation.

And not eating for the sake of eating just because it's vacation? That's pretty much genius! I tend to be the direct opposite of that when I'm on vacation. Don't know why.........but it sounds like you lived. You were normal! How awesome that must have been. I aspire to that one day. Normalcy.

cuttie99 05-06-2012 09:47 AM

welcome back pat! I need to practice the "eating for the sake of eating too". I think the word vacation means...."how much food can I possibly stuff myself with!" I'll eat even if i am not hungry. Its like we are alchololics but instead are foodholics. some people say "I'll only have one drink....then over consume. some of us have the best intentions and fail for whatever reason. It will be interesting to do some research on why some people can control themselves and others not.... So glad to hear you have mastered moderate eating!
I think we tell ourselves "its a vacation" and that allows us to break all our own rules! I know sometimes I eat soo much I feel very uncomfortable and then do it again the next day....I am going to an all inclusive vacation for the first time later this year and that will be a challenge. we will have to see how I do! :") I need to tell myself its about the experience not about the food. I feel I have almost mastered daily food consumption, now I need to master vacation discipline.

Beeb 05-06-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15635062)
Well, I tried to stay aware of what I was eating and how much I was eating, but I also made a conscious effort to not have to do strong Down Days, or a particular rotation at all. Some big pasta restaurant for supper one evening... multiple pasta dishes, of which I had some of it all. And Noodles & Co. for lunch one day... my granddaughter's favorite. :laugh: But some meals were very modest too. Basically, I am pretty proud of how I listened to my hunger, and if I truly wasn't all that hungry, I didn't eat much. No eating for the sake of eating because it's vacation. I didn't force feed myself just because it was vacation. But I didn't deny myself anything I wanted either! LOL

:goodpost: and :welcome: back! :hugs:

PixieKGirl 05-06-2012 10:27 AM

Sounds like my idea of a vacation!!! Glad you had a relaxing time and also glad that you are "back".

arkie1 05-06-2012 11:37 AM

Glad your vacation was fun, and that you had a great time. But, we missed you, and are glad to see you back!

Carole

oropendola 05-06-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15634898)
I'm finally home again from my three weeks in Colorado Springs! Had a relaxing time there, house-and-pet-sitting for one daughter who got to vacation in Italy, and I got to spend much of my time there with my other daughter, SIL, and dear Granddaughter! So much fun!

But a wonderful thing is that I didn't particularly worry about *JUDDDing* during those three weeks... just enjoyed all the meals that we ate out, and the trips to Dairy Queen, and TONS of fresh fruit as DD has a small parrot who eats much fruit, but you have to eat a lot too, because he can't eat that much before it spoils. So lots and lots of fruit, which I love.

And, I not only didn't gain any weight, I came back a couple of pounds lighter! LOL

I just want to make mention of how nice it is to be able to count on JUDDD protection extending over the days and even weeks you might not be following a true calorie rotation, so that you don't have to worry much about gaining tons of weight back again just from a bit of over-indulgence during your vacation time.

Glad to be back online again though. I somehow lost internet connection early on and have missed you all. Now I need to get caught up with all your news. Hi, Everyone! :hiya:

:hiya: Good to see you back and happy to hear JUDDD keeps protecting you while on vacation.

mykidsteacher 05-06-2012 02:00 PM

Glad you had a wonderful time, and even without the rotations, were able to control your eating and come back lighter than when you left!

You were greatly missed around here.

KJ-43 05-06-2012 02:14 PM

Glad you are back!:):heart:

leonak 05-06-2012 03:05 PM

:welcome:Back

Missed you:hugs::jumpjoy::high5::heart:

Kissa 05-06-2012 03:53 PM

So lovely to have you back, as always you were sorely missed. I even started a thread about it!

Brilliant that the JUDDD magic, along with a sensible attitude, worked for you.

sazzie 05-06-2012 04:07 PM

Welcome back, Pat!

So glad that you enjoyed your vacation with family and that you were able to feel relaxed and eat comfortably while coming back lighter.

The JUDDD magic at work!!

Luna Loca 05-06-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15635062)

I read this and replace "vacation" with "up day" and it's the same.

I love this and I think this may be key for so many of us. Thank you for modeling this behavior and teaching me how to do this. It's simple when you put it that way, but I'm not sure I would have paid attention to this if you hadn't pointed it out.

gotitnow 05-06-2012 09:03 PM

Pat, it must be a wonderful feeling to be so missed. :) I read so many posts during these past weeks thinking to myself "I wonder what Pat would have to say about this?" You really are the "backbone" of this entire forum and I lovingly welcome you back! I bet your family feels the same about you!!:cool: You probably have heard this before, but , to me YOU are the little smilie in the shades (like your avi!) Our "cool" So Happy Pat!!!:cool::D

Phyl:heart:

mttemple4 05-07-2012 08:00 AM

What a great post! So glad that you enjoyed your time away AND that you're back! :) :jumpjoy:

Yam-Yam 05-07-2012 10:28 AM

What a treat to read your post and see your smiling face here again. So glad you enjoyed your vacation. JUDD vacation protection. It sounds like an insurance policy. Everyone should buy into it.

Beachgirl6976 05-07-2012 11:23 AM

Welcome back! Wonderful that you had such a nice vacation. Thanks for posting this, its very encouraging as I'm leaving on Friday to Denver for 11 days ... calms my anxiety a bit :)

vilanteira 05-07-2012 11:59 AM

Pat, welcome back! It's good to see you back here and I'm so glad to hear that vacation went well and that JUDDD stood by you and gave you such a nice pleasant surprise!

LOL Yam-Yam, I definitely bought the JUDDD Vacation Protection insurance policy and I've gotten paid once already during my vacation at the beginning of the year so I'm hoping it continues to kick in during future vacations. :laugh: