Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
up the DD? or reduce the UDs?

Ok heres my whine I am so dilligent with my numbers.. and i am in a stall of sorts... I know the body needs to rest from YAMYams wonderfull post but i just cant live with the idea that i dont eat food on a DD and consume 120 cals of coffee and creamer and yet see no loss on scale or what seams like inches either for the past week.. Prior to this week i had struggled to lose from 194 down to 192.6.. when that finally dropped ( which took about a week and half) i thought perhaps it got started again... But to my dismay it did not~ I need to change things up and un sure as to which number to play with I went to the JUDDD cal and it shows that i should be eating 1930/386.. So... Should i try to eat 386 instaed of only drinking 120 of my DD cals? OR should i Up my UD calories to 2000 where i was when i started at 211.6? Or reduce my UD cal to 1830? I just want to see the scale move down again.. Any ideas?
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
I'm quite new to JUDDD, but: Perhaps it's to much stress for your body to have nothing nourishing every other day? Only coffee and cream may be too little...

I would try to up the calories as the calculator says.
And actually eat something... You could try this for just a week or two?

But as I said, I'm totally new to this, so that's just wild guessing.
Monkeypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post
I'm quite new to JUDDD, but: Perhaps it's to much stress for your body to have nothing nourishing every other day? Only coffee and cream may be too little...

I would try to up the calories as the calculator says.
And actually eat something... You could try this for just a week or two?

But as I said, I'm totally new to this, so that's just wild guessing.
Some times new means nothing I value every ones ideas.. So i thank you for responding I am just trying to figure out "how" to get it goin again and i am willing to do WHATEVER it takes~ And that thought of upping the DD to eating was what i thought i should try.. but just uncertain~

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 05-06-2012 at 04:44 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I know you have gone over your eating patterns. I am trying to remember, on UD do you eat three meals? Two? One? How are your calories spread out across UD? (In other words, have you fallen prey to my bad eating pattern?)

If your UD meals are spread out across the day, my first thought is up the DD calories to 386 for a full week's rotation. If that gives your body what it needs, you should see a change in that time.

If that does not break the logjam, then there is good chance your body is in Weight Rebound Reaction. So, in accordance with the Sophie/Tina/Beeb theory of weight loss, I vote you go on maintenance levels for your current weight. Once you recover from whatever stress WRR + this extended stall has put on you, your weight should start dropping again...in a healthy way.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 05-06-2012 at 04:57 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Nancy.. Good morning dear~ On my updays i eat thru out the whole day ending my feeding as i call it at about 630 in the eve.. i want my body to have time to digest before sleep at 9 pm.. I know i should not complain but it is getting to my head.. having a harder time just being happy with what i have done so far ya know? Another thing i was thinking was perhps my food choices? I stay far away from breads, no pasta since january.. not a single potatoe.. and not a morsel of sweet like candy. cake or any thing processed.. Yesterday i ate at Mcdonalds for the fist time in 5 months.. and i said to heack with taking off that bagel on my sandwich and at the whole thing as it was created.. man was that goooooood.. and not an ounce of guilt either! So i just need to find what will work again.. I am thinking that yes i perhaps need to start eating food on my down days and maybe that will confuse my body in to moving downward again
Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Well folks i am off to play in my flowers.. Today is a DD and i have actually consume a tbs of peanut butter.. somthing i have never done on a DD.. I think i will try to actualy eat today and just not worry about what any number is.. if hungry eat,, if not then dont. I will check back later and see if any one has any further ideas for me,, thanks for your consideration in taking the time to read and respond to my Whine~
Old 05-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I third what Monkey and Nancy said, try eating on DDs. It seems that for some people, not eating every other day (or eating very few calories) is too much stress for the body and it holds on to weight, or else the body can adapt to even that routine of no/little calories eod. So try shaking things up. Congrats on enjoying your food guilt free. Adding in some carbs here and there might be another good shake up.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I third what Monkey and Nancy said, try eating on DDs. It seems that for some people, not eating every other day (or eating very few calories) is too much stress for the body and it holds on to weight, or else the body can adapt to even that routine of no/little calories eod. So try shaking things up. Congrats on enjoying your food guilt free. Adding in some carbs here and there might be another good shake up.
and I totally agree. That being said, I am still considering going into maintenance for a while to let my body catch up. My recommendation would be to follow the calculator numbers precisely for a week or two, both UD and DD and see what happens. You can always tweak one way or the other once you've tried that, if it's not working.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I decided to go back and look at my menus.. when i started JUDD and had been losing good amts i was eating a peice of chicken breast every down day.. so i will go cook some chicken for later today and go back to eating that menu for a few weeks and see what result that brings.. cant hurt thats for sure! DD of late in last say 3 weeks seam to be killer for me, i am stong and i over come the urge to eat, but perhaps i should have listend to my body~:thanks girl!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Kimberly, I think that chicken breast sounds like a great idea. I have noticed in your posts that your DD calories are really low, and I wonder how long anyone can sustain that!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
another vote for bring the chicken breast back. My body does not like it when I don't eat. As far as losses are concerned it seems to like protein to get things moving in the downward direction.

I also think it's similar to fitness in that variety, keeping the body guessing, is everything. You can adapt to a routine and stagnate fairly easily, but if your body is constantly zigging and zagging in an effort to keep up with you it's more likely to release that weight. Variety is the spice of life, and it's also the thing that creates momentum.

Good luck!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Agreed on adding some food to the DD to see what happens. Will be watching to see how it works out.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
And another vote for eating on DDs.

For one thing, food is a pleasure, and you will feel happier in yourself if you allow yourself to enjoy eating your chicken, or tuna, or a small omelette and maybe a lovely big salad.

We don't want JUDDD to feel too much like a 'diet'. The closer it is to 'real' life the better.

I am glad you have allowed yourself some more carbs too. I know many feel they are unhealthy, but I feel that they allow us to eat more normally. And that again is one of the advantages of JUDDD as a way of life.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
When I have eaten and still do eat right up to the 700 calories I have always used on DDs I have always lost. When I haven't and eaten only 600 or less I tend to stall or gain.

I say eat your DD calories to the max and do the same with UD calories and see what happens.

I think you will see your stall going bye-bye!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Hi Kimberly!!! I soooooooooo agree with what Kissa and Beeb said. I'll be anxiously waiting to hear about you coming right out of that slump!! I was so sad you were struggling. Can't have that!!! You are one of my ANGEL BUDDS!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Kimberly, I struggle to keep my DD below 700, so a little different than you, but like Beeb, I can eat up to 700 calories on a DD. I have been experimenting with what I eat on DD and doing eggs or other protein with spinach in the morning and trying a big, like a whole package of frozen veg or two big stalks of broccoli, about 2-3 cup worth of whatever, as my mid or last meal on DD. That seems to work best for dinner, because it is a LOT of food, very filling and keeps me from being too hungry to get to sleep.

Curious as to how your next few days go. . .

44 down, 6 to go!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls.. Well yesterday feeding was to only be 386 calories.. Well i could not stop eating~ I ate 859 or was it 856?? Any way.. I ATE WAY OVER what i should have This was a first for me.. no gain or loss on the scale this am. I was almost afraid to get on.. Well it sure messed with my head as to which day was i on for sure lol.. I actaully enjoy not eating.. it makes the rotation so simple to do.. and my body is used to not being fed.. So yesteray seamed to be a Up up and away day..Today is an up day and holy cow am i struglling to eat!! I will def plan my next dd for only eating in the eve.. so i dont spend the whole day gorging!

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 05-07-2012 at 10:06 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Kimberly, I'm glad you've decided to up your DD cals, and I hope this shakes things up and gets you rolling again! I think sometimes our "sweet spot" of calorie limits changes for various reasons (and it could just as easily be an increase in calories as a decrease, on either UD or DD, or both). Sometimes weight loss will just continue again without any changes after a long stall, but sometimes it won't without some tweaking. A lot of it is trial and error, and we won't know until we try it ourselves. Let us know how this "shakeup" works, and good luck!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

I will be right here telling the whole world trust me!! I love to be excited about this program.. and i am not like soo dissapointed . but i just want to keep rolling down that lovey hill~
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
hey, not sure if you have seen my bazzillion posts on this,
but its just a small suggestion.
go to the site and use the highest weightloss setting, i think its 35%
then subtract the calories (or some) from the UDs
hopefully you wont be as hungry the next day, but since i have done this, i have ZERO bounce in the scales.
gl
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

So what your saying is.. go get those numbers.. yes i understand that part,, but then reduce the UD day only calories.. but by how much?.. it tells me,, 1921 and 672.. so, i eat up to 672 but on a up day reduce that amout by......? Is this what you mean Ohio guy.. for 1930/386 was old number.. and new adjusted at 35 % takes the numbers to 1921/672 soo i would eat then.. 1644/672? is that about right?.. Wow,, that gives the exact same number divided by two now dont it,, thats 2316 for two days, with my average of 1158 each.. wierd how both sets of numberss give the result huh..

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 05-07-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 05-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kimberly: Check out this detailed post by Jamie:

Non-losers & slow-losers Chats

Quite interesting! I just figured out what mine would change to that way. I may try it and see what happens.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Kimberly: Check out this detailed post by Jamie:

Non-losers & slow-losers Chats

Quite interesting! I just figured out what mine would change to that way. I may try it and see what happens.
ya know what YAMYAM.. i think i am def goin to because.. with all the low carb fooods i chose, i am eating things i really dont want or like just to get my up day numbers to 1900 or so,, this plan would put me at about 1644 and that i know i can eat! I will give this a go.. for two weeks and let ya know how it helped me! thanks Yam yam and JAmie!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
When is the last time you had a way over the top UD? I have noticed when I've been strictly following my plan for awhile, then out of the blue have a really, really big day, get right back to a DD (usually complete fast), then normal UD and I drop lower than before the high UD. Just don't get on the scale after that big UD....it can be scarey. LOL
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
So what your saying is.. go get those numbers.. yes i understand that part,, but then reduce the UD day only calories.. but by how much?.. it tells me,, 1921 and 672.. so, i eat up to 672 but on a up day reduce that amout by......? Is this what you mean Ohio guy.. for 1930/386 was old number.. and new adjusted at 35 % takes the numbers to 1921/672 soo i would eat then.. 1644/672? is that about right?.. Wow,, that gives the exact same number divided by two now dont it,, thats 2316 for two days, with my average of 1158 each.. wierd how both sets of numberss give the result huh..
thats seems right but there is something that im not sure about, you may want to double check is that if your old number was 1930, then upping it to 35% should go up? not down to 1921
i could be wrong but upping the percent should increase your number but yes.
if your new numbers are 1921/672 i would subtract about 300 for the UD at 1621. for me i was A LOT less hungry on UDs
as always, i
*but im a guy lol
but work a try for those just bouncing the same 2 or 5 pounds like me!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
thats seems right but there is something that im not sure about, you may want to double check is that if your old number was 1930, then upping it to 35% should go up? not down to 1921
i could be wrong but upping the percent should increase your number but yes.
if your new numbers are 1921/672 i would subtract about 300 for the UD at 1621. for me i was A LOT less hungry on UDs
as always, i
*but im a guy lol
but work a try for those just bouncing the same 2 or 5 pounds like me!
Thanks Jamie, this is actually kindof scary to try something differnt if ya can imagine that.. I have always got it stuck in my head that "less " is best.. its really really hard to belive that "more" can be the answer.. but i stared stweaking my number yeterday and ate way over the day befores dd.. so perhpas thing will start moving agin by tomrow mornings weigh in! WIsh me luck folks!!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

good luck! and if you read sophies new post about shaking it up.
also check out keirasmoms weigh in today =)
Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I find it interesting only because I'm coming from hcg (which I know is totally different) but I've never been able to lose on 500 cals, which is what my DD are supposed to be. I'm doing it by the book now, but I too am wondering what would happen if I were to up the DD just a bit.

Right now I'm not playing with numbers until I'm LC again just to have an accurate baseline.

Thanks for putting this all out there, and GL sterlinggirl!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
good luck! and if you read sophies new post about shaking it up.
also check out keirasmoms weigh in today =)
Wow i just looked, at keirasmoms weigh in and wow.. i soooo hpe this breaks my log jam,, thanks again jamie for putting this out there for me!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

no problem, i hope it works for you too! =)