Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,371
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Vanilla: You are so kind. I try to keep 1000 calories between DD and UD. So, if I have 550 today, tomorrow will be 1550. That is an avg. of 1050/day. I can go up to about 1150 and still lose, albeit slowly though. I think that fits in to Dr. J's plan.
Suze, just curious - what are your calculator numbers - your UD calories according to it? It seems general knowledge that it takes 1200 calories a day just for our bodies to do nothing but what it needs to do to exist. It's very possible your body isn't getting near the calories it needs. I know I'm stuck right now because of the surgery, so I'm far from a pro , but the average of 1050 doesn't seem like enough. I might be repeating myself, but before my surgery, it was suggested to me to eat up to UD cals because once I counted them, I was only getting about 1000 calorie deficit. I upped it to where it oughta be and the scale finally moved. Just hope it works again when I get back to my usual DD calories! Please forgive me if I'm coming across as anything but helpful.

Keeping you in my prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Any of you fellow slow losers dealing with age/hormone issues? I have been feeling like TOM is coming on for weeks now but haven't had one for 70+ days and I still have cramping and other symptoms. Coincidentally (not!) I have managed to GAIN 4-5 pounds during this period of time and I am ready to tear my hair (or womb) out! Some people tell me it gets easier to lose weight when the craziness is finally over. I fervently hope so! thoughts? experiences?
I don't know how old you are, but could you be pregnant????
__________________
-vanilla



Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,857
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Thanks Vanilla - I needed that laugh. I will be 53 soon with 3 grown kids. THAT would be the surprise of the century!

Gotsomeold - I fear I might also just be stuck at this weight while my body ponders the change. That is a depressing thought because who knows how long it will take? I also found that LC stopped working for me and that is why I tried Juddd. I feel like a damn hamster on a wheel going nowhere.

I have been sick and on a cross coast business trip this week where I did not Judd. I came back up another pound so am pleased it wasn't worse but my head is not in the game right now. I think I will take the weekend off, stay off the scale, don't go crazy with food and see if I can motivate myself to start again on Monday when my time clock is settled and hopefully I feel better. I don't know how hard it will be to get back in the groove. Truthfully probably not that hard if I start seeing some dang results.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,718
Gallery: adillenal
I have progressed from a slow loser to a non loser but that is fine. I am perfectly happy with my 25 pound loss and if I have maintenance down I know I will always be able to stay at 155. Today is a DD and I have loads to do so I better get to it.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,371
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Thanks Vanilla - I needed that laugh. I will be 53 soon with 3 grown kids. THAT would be the surprise of the century!
, okay just checking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I have progressed from a slow loser to a non loser but that is fine. I am perfectly happy with my 25 pound loss and if I have maintenance down I know I will always be able to stay at 155. Today is a DD and I have loads to do so I better get to it.
I would so thrilled to be 155!!!! I'd still be considered overweight by THEM. Good attitude you have, Adi.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member
 
SuzeQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ojai, CA
Posts: 246
Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Vanilla: Thanks for asking about my daily stuff. The calculator says 475-500 cals a day and 1586 for UD's. That is 1043 avg. I can lose on a regular 800-1000 cal/day regular diet, but if it goes up no loss. I don't exercise much or often, although I know I should be. If I go back on Dukan Diet I will probably lose about 4 lbs. in a week. Did this last October. Some peeps can lose and some have a devil of a time.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,371
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Vanilla: Thanks for asking about my daily stuff. The calculator says 475-500 cals a day and 1586 for UD's. That is 1043 avg. I can lose on a regular 800-1000 cal/day regular diet, but if it goes up no loss. I don't exercise much or often, although I know I should be. If I go back on Dukan Diet I will probably lose about 4 lbs. in a week. Did this last October. Some peeps can lose and some have a devil of a time.
Amen to that. I'd give anything (within reason ) to lose like most. Unfortunately, I've always had a devil of a time.

At least we don't give up!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #187
Junior LCF Member
 
beadart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 27
Gallery: beadart
Stats: 193/137/115 is goal - 5'2"
WOE: low carb, high protein/fats/JUDDD/now hcg
Is my body where it wants to be?

I have been on Juddd for 37 days now. I started out at 137.4 and I have had some dd losses of up to 2 lbs down and ud gains of up to 2 lbs. Today is a dd and I am at 136.6 from yesterday's ud at 137.6. So that is a total overall gain of .2 lbs. I am counting my calories right without going over at all. Perhaps I am a bit lower on some of my ud's by about 100 cals or so, but never over. My dd's are 500 to 525 and I have difficulty lowering it from there. My ud's are 1500. I'm 5'2" and 59 yo. My weight seems to be stabilized and I am not losing any. I would love to remove at least 10 more lbs. but just can't seem to get there. Any suggestions?
beadart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Prior to menopause I could lose about 20 pounds on low carb or LC. Then I stalled. Stress eating put the weight back on.

During menopause I could not lose period. Eating patterns that had worked before failed. Of course, I did not know about JUDDD at that time so cannot speak to whether it would have failed.

Post meno, almost 40 pounds down. I do not lose quickly but I do lose.
Nancy, I believe this is what happened to me. I am post meno now (about 1 year) but doing a BHRT trial. I lose very slow.
So, the message here is that if you are approaching meno, you need to lose your weight prior to or be prepared for much angst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Vanilla: Thanks for asking about my daily stuff. The calculator says 475-500 cals a day and 1586 for UD's. That is 1043 avg. I can lose on a regular 800-1000 cal/day regular diet, but if it goes up no loss. I don't exercise much or often, although I know I should be. If I go back on Dukan Diet I will probably lose about 4 lbs. in a week. Did this last October. Some peeps can lose and some have a devil of a time.
Suze, You and Leo (another JUDDDer) sound exactly alike as far as metabolism goes. She did well on JUDDD, but had to keep her numbers much lower than the calculator showed. I admire you for being so tenacious with your plan.

I am at the stall that I have feared was coming. I go up and down the same 2 lbs weekly. Have been doing so for about 3 weeks. I will just hang in here and try reducing UD cals and fasting or near fasting on DD. My numbers are 1746/349. Even though I do a 4 mile power walk daily and rebound on the bounder, I try to keep to the numbers consistent. I am also moving from LC on UD to at least 50g plus of carbs. Hoping that this is not a sign of more going on.
__________________
""Nutrient hunger can cause weight loss to plateau and reverse, even if the diet does not change."--Paul Jaminet
I guess I am a little weird, I like to talk to animals.
.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadart View Post
I have been on Juddd for 37 days now. I started out at 137.4 and I have had some dd losses of up to 2 lbs down and ud gains of up to 2 lbs. Today is a dd and I am at 136.6 from yesterday's ud at 137.6. So that is a total overall gain of .2 lbs. I am counting my calories right without going over at all. Perhaps I am a bit lower on some of my ud's by about 100 cals or so, but never over. My dd's are 500 to 525 and I have difficulty lowering it from there. My ud's are 1500. I'm 5'2" and 59 yo. My weight seems to be stabilized and I am not losing any. I would love to remove at least 10 more lbs. but just can't seem to get there. Any suggestions?
beadart, I believe you have the same situation that I just posted about. I have reached this neverland of maintenance. I still have 30 more to lose. It sounds like you have less, so as I think you may need to lower UD and see what happens.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I think we have discussed this before, but are you peri or post menopausal? I have to believe that may be playing a role in my predicament.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,718
Gallery: adillenal
Well, I ditched the coconut oil and I am inching downward again. I keep DD's at or below 350. That seems to be my number. Might even lose 3 pounds this month instead of maintaining. Hope, hope, hope.

Beadart - Not sure but lowering DD's has worked for me. I know you didn't want to go there but it might be something to try. I also quit using coconut oil and not counting it if you were following that discussion. In fact I quit it period due to calories.

Last edited by adillenal; 07-24-2012 at 09:16 AM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I agree addi. I have had some in my coffee on UD, but let it go on DD. I notice that my Carlson's Fish Oil has 40 cals and will have to make sure that I add that to my DD numbers as well.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member
 
JHoberer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 911
Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I seem to be an okay loser recently but I used to be a slooowwwww loser before this time last year. I was on a year long stall with LC then. I have since figured out that I have to change things up and keep my body guessing. JUDDD has that built in with the shifting calories. I don't think it'll quite be enough to keep me losing though. I think I'm going to have to incorporate a 2 or 3 day fat fasting stretch here and there to change things up more. Maybe every 2 or 3 weeks or once a month. I just finished 2 days of FFing and it definitely helped to keep the scale moving. I really like fat fasting for a couple days... eating avocados, mac nuts, ranch dressing, bacon wrapped cream cheese jalapeno poppers, cinnamon pecans, mini sugar free cheesecakes... it's awesome as long as it doesn't go on too long. My body really likes fat.

Perhaps that will help a few of you.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoberer View Post
I seem to be an okay loser recently but I used to be a slooowwwww loser before this time last year. I was on a year long stall with LC then. I have since figured out that I have to change things up and keep my body guessing. JUDDD has that built in with the shifting calories. I don't think it'll quite be enough to keep me losing though. I think I'm going to have to incorporate a 2 or 3 day fat fasting stretch here and there to change things up more. Maybe every 2 or 3 weeks or once a month. I just finished 2 days of FFing and it definitely helped to keep the scale moving. I really like fat fasting for a couple days... eating avocados, mac nuts, ranch dressing, bacon wrapped cream cheese jalapeno poppers, cinnamon pecans, mini sugar free cheesecakes... it's awesome as long as it doesn't go on too long. My body really likes fat.

Perhaps that will help a few of you.

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually, I have been on high fat pretty much all along. Do you think FF would still work? Maybe one day per week???
My numbers range from 50 to 75% fat regularly? I eat lots of mac nuts, hwc, ghee, avocado, & eggs. I seem to enjoy this more than high protein.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member
 
beadart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 27
Gallery: beadart
Stats: 193/137/115 is goal - 5'2"
WOE: low carb, high protein/fats/JUDDD/now hcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
beadart, I believe you have the same situation that I just posted about. I have reached this neverland of maintenance. I still have 30 more to lose. It sounds like you have less, so as I think you may need to lower UD and see what happens.
Thanks Sunday and Adillenal. I will try to lower my cals on both up and down days. It's worth a try.
Also, I am one that my body loves fat and protein and I do best when I incorporate both of those. Something I learned about myself after I did hcg. I may try to do a full fat greek yogurt day on my next ud. At least I feel really good after that!
Thanks for all your suggestions. And...I really am happy to be at least maintaining where I am for now.
beadart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadart View Post
Thanks Sunday and Adillenal. I will try to lower my cals on both up and down days. It's worth a try.
Also, I am one that my body loves fat and protein and I do best when I incorporate both of those. Something I learned about myself after I did hcg. I may try to do a full fat greek yogurt day on my next ud. At least I feel really good after that!
Thanks for all your suggestions. And...I really am happy to be at least maintaining where I am for now.
beadart,
I forgot about you doing protocol and coming to JUDDD. I think you will keep losing, but your body is transitioning, if you know what I mean. We have lots of folks who did well coming over here but it does take a little bit of patience.

Congrats on your wonderful losses!

Also, I never thought about doing a greek yogurt day??? Is that going to be enough fat? Do you just eat plain or add fruit? Love to get fat fast ideas!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,909
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I feel like I've lost a lot of ground lately.

...this past week I have suddenly gained 4-6lbs.
AND I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN UNUSUALLY HUNGRY LATELY!!!
If anything, I'd say I've been less interested in food.

--I take an antidepressant, and my insurance only pays for generic meds. The pharmacy has given me different versions over the years...last month the pills changed unexpectedly from purple to white. Different manufacturer info on the labels.

I've been on this medication since 2007, and have gained weight rapidly since taking it; sometimes 10-15lbs a month!!! But, through diligent effort, I have managed to at least STOP gaining weight, and have been stabilized for a few years.

...I'm going to stop by the pharmacy tomorrow and ask if they can order from the other manufacturer.

***I'm not looking for advice on calories or exercise or anything...just venting. Thank you.***
I didn't go to the pharmacy after all.
I have an interesting situation...

I haven't lost any weight this past week, but I'M NOT HUNGRY.
Even though I keep forgetting to take my l-glutamine!

It's such a good feeling!

I have been doing more of a Fast-5 thing the last couple weeks.
I don't feel like eating breakfast at all. I might get a little hungry in the afternoon but it's easily put off by drinking lots of water (THAT'S never worked before! lol), or a 200-calorie snack. Then by dinnertime I usually feel like eating; even if I'm not terribly hungry, my stomach is definitely VERY empty, and eating something feels good. Plus I need food to take my meds. I haven't been doing DD calories; just eating something nutritious for dinner, and having a little "treat" like nuts or coconut fudge a couple hours later.

Right now, I don't want to change/tweak/mess up anything.
It seems a bit odd because I have been so focused on losing weight for years...but I think I love this feeling of not caring* about food more than posting in the "Daily Weigh-In Tracker"!

*I still enjoy food...I still think about yummy things to eat, and enjoy cooking them...but my stomach's just not yelling at me all the time.
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,371
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I don't know what's going on with me. I know I'm still healing (5 weeks today), but the scale is beginning to inch up. Forgive me - I know I sound like a broken record. Started this in March at 217 and I'm 215?

Monday I decided to lower my UD calories back to where they were originally. Hopefully, this inching upward is a sign my body has healed just enough to get back to my usual Juddding. I also need to think about the coconut oil. I've been having a teaspoon in my coffee for a few days now just to make sure things keep moving. Think I'll cut that out.

I HATE being a turtle!!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,994
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
For you Vanilla latte.. I know its a struggle, but hang tight, im sure once your healed you can find the "right" set of numbers that will work for you..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
PJ! Wonderful on the appetite suppression. I am concerned about your meds though. I hope the pharmacy will work this out for you.

Vanilla, I hate being a turtle too. I tell you one thing that is helping me when the scale doesn't budge, I have begun to pay close attention to the way I am feeling and how certain foods make me feel both energy and health wise. I am also eliminating everything that I know is not truly nutritious for me in an effort to find the culprit of my stall.

Last edited by sunday; 07-25-2012 at 11:45 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,371
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Thanks, ladies.

I did forget to say that my clothes still feel okay, not getting any tighter. I get bloated easily so when I wear anything with buttons ...

I'm still eating the same foods I was before - I know it's gotta be from the surgery. I won't be one of the lucky ones who lose "effortlessly" (dripping sarcasm) drops weight like crazy after having a hysterectomy.

Your encouragement helps me - thanks for letting me vent big or small!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,994
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Thanks, ladies.

I did forget to say that my clothes still feel okay, not getting any tighter. I get bloated easily so when I wear anything with buttons ...

I'm still eating the same foods I was before - I know it's gotta be from the surgery. I won't be one of the lucky ones who lose "effortlessly" (dripping sarcasm) drops weight like crazy after having a hysterectomy.

Your encouragement helps me - thanks for letting me vent big or small!
Well hun Vent all ya want or need.. I know after my hyster surgery in Septmber i didnt much feel like my self till January when i started a weight loss plan.. so please give your self time..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,909
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
PJ! Wonderful on the appetite suppression. I am concerned about your meds though. I hope the pharmacy will work this out for you.
thank you...what I was trying to say, and I think I didn't say this clearly, was that I *don't* want them to change the medication right now. It's working in the other ways it's supposed to, and maybe it's making me less hungry.

I just mean...it's an interesting dilemma.
Would I rather feel peaceful about food, and not lose weight,
or be hungry/anxious about food all the time, and perhaps able to lose weight a little more easily?
Not feeling hungry is SO great!
And I have to hope that, eventually, eating only once a day would result in some weight loss!

Today my stomach didn't even start gurgling/growling until after being awake for at least 6 hours, and after a leisurely trip to Aldi while DS was at cross country practice--tummy wasn't growling in the store. Even though I had beef jerky in my purse and cheese sticks & potato chips in the car, I didn't eat until I got home...and even then, I fixed some veggie burgers for DS first.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Jenny,
I totally agree on the loss of appetite being the best for helping in weight loss. My hope for you is to have the best of both worlds and be able to take the medicine that is doing you the most benefit in your health and depression. I admire how intune you are when it comes to your own health.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,857
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Hugs to you Vanilla - so sorry you are going through this frustrating time. PirateJenny - I would say that appetite suppression is a gift!

I have good news/bad news - I veered off course for a week but didn't go crazy with eating and I am back to where I was, the bad news is that I have lost nothing this month at all!! I think it is all related to perimenopause. I am convinced in fact, but don't know what to do about it. My Gyno was no help at all in discussing weight loss issues - she just keeps telling me to consult a nutritionist. In the mean time I have bloating, cramps, mood swings, tender breasts - all the stuff that used to be PMS but TOM does not come (has not for 3 months at least). I can deal with the symptoms but I would love to do it WHILE I WAS LOSING WEIGHT - I mean, I am doing all the work now, right so why not have some results??? Does it pay to just go into maintenance since I seem to be there involuntarily?
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,371
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Thanks, Kimberly, it feels good to vent whether someone comments or not. We're going on vacation in a couple of months and I would love to drop a few before going! But, I know I need to be easy with myself.

TryingJudd - you might be in that mode where your body needs to regroup. In my eyes, you've done fabulous with losing. Yam-Yam or Beeb has a great thread somewhere about why our bodies need to take a break. Keep up the good work - I know you want to stay firmly planted in Onderland and I have no doubt you'll get there.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,718
Gallery: adillenal
I started JUDDD January 8, 2012 and lost 25 pounds in 5 months. I lost NOTHING in June. No matter what I did, I did not go up or down. I continued that through last week. Suddenly I am losing again.
I think sometimes we just have to be patient since our bodies probably know what they are doing when it comes to losing steadily. It can be SO frustrating to be doing everything right and nothing happens. BUT something is happening somewhere inside of us. Hopefully I was losing some fat that might have been around an organ and should not have been there during thhe past 6 weeks.
Now I am looking forward to August and losing the next 4 pounds since I was averaging around a mount a week before the slow down. I should be at my goat weight by Christmas. SLOW but sort of steady.
__________________
adi 5'7" 65 years old
181/155/145 LC MY WAY 3/15/03
155/144/140 LFL 5/05/04
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #208
Junior LCF Member
 
beadart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 27
Gallery: beadart
Stats: 193/137/115 is goal - 5'2"
WOE: low carb, high protein/fats/JUDDD/now hcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
beadart,
I forgot about you doing protocol and coming to JUDDD. I think you will keep losing, but your body is transitioning, if you know what I mean. We have lots of folks who did well coming over here but it does take a little bit of patience.

Congrats on your wonderful losses!

Also, I never thought about doing a greek yogurt day??? Is that going to be enough fat? Do you just eat plain or add fruit? Love to get fat fast ideas!
Sunday, thanks for your encouragement. I discovered a greek yogurt day when doing a correction day on p3 of hcg. I use full fat greek yogurt (32 ozs) divided up into 4 - 8 oz servings and add 2 ozs of blueberries per serving. It keeps me full all day and when I was doing those correction days with that, I would drop 2-3 lbs each time. I may try one on one of my up days to see if it still works for me. I'll keep you posted.
beadart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #209
Junior LCF Member
 
beadart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 27
Gallery: beadart
Stats: 193/137/115 is goal - 5'2"
WOE: low carb, high protein/fats/JUDDD/now hcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I started JUDDD January 8, 2012 and lost 25 pounds in 5 months. I lost NOTHING in June. No matter what I did, I did not go up or down. I continued that through last week. Suddenly I am losing again.
I think sometimes we just have to be patient since our bodies probably know what they are doing when it comes to losing steadily. It can be SO frustrating to be doing everything right and nothing happens. BUT something is happening somewhere inside of us. Hopefully I was losing some fat that might have been around an organ and should not have been there during thhe past 6 weeks.
Now I am looking forward to August and losing the next 4 pounds since I was averaging around a mount a week before the slow down. I should be at my goat weight by Christmas. SLOW but sort of steady.
I think that is so true. I know my body is changing inside, and the real test becomes not to watch the scale, but a test in patience once the eating habits are conquered. But then again, conquering eating habits is another challenge all by itself.
Also, slow but steady is really good!!! I'm with you on this one.
beadart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,909
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Adi...."goat weight"!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.