Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I have the same experience. This has been SO healing, I'm blown away. After all the things I've tried this is the first time I've felt COMFORTABLE. The scale isn't showing anything yet. I started at 185 and haven't yet gotten below 186.8 but I've had incredible support. Pat helps me keep things in perspective. At least a few pounds of that is water weight since I'm eating carbs freely so technically I HAVE lost a bit...the scale just doesn't show it!

Let's hang in there together. We've gotten enough results off the scale that we can see it's worth it...but I could use a buddy for when the head games start.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Buttoni, I'd like to suggest that you take a look at this post by Pat (SoHappy) in response to a similar question as yours before making any decisions or changes, just because I hate to see anyone have to drop calories and eat less if they don't need to or if it actually wouldn't end up helping. She can explain it way better than I can.
Thanks for taking the time to post that link, Vilanteira. Actually I had read Pat's reply in that discussion, and as always, her explanation was clear and makes sense. But I have been at 158 (after a DD) and 160 (after an UD) for 6 weeks now. Just hanging precisely there every day. Maybe I'm sitting right on my metabolic set point for maintaining and need to jar one or the other (DD or UD) to start losing again? What recommendation would you have for me?
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post that link, Vilanteira. Actually I had read Pat's reply in that discussion, and as always, her explanation was clear and makes sense. But I have been at 158 (after a DD) and 160 (after an UD) for 6 weeks now. Just hanging precisely there every day. Maybe I'm sitting right on my metabolic set point for maintaining and need to jar one or the other (DD or UD) to start losing again? What recommendation would you have for me?
I would say you have maintenance down perfectly. Now I have tried from 0 to 500 calories on DD's and it made no difference in my rate of loss. The UD figure on the other hand is how I can speed up or slow down loss. Just a thought.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Buttoni, I don't know if you've read this post by Yam-Yam (it's a good post that I think everyone should read anyway):

Why your body wants a break from WL

Now I know everyone is very different and at different stages and situations, so this may or may not apply to what's going on with you, but I wanted to offer some other views and options. Recently a number of JUDDDers (Dawn, Luna, for example) have gone into a temporary maintenance for some relief from what appeared to be stalls or unmoving numbers on the scale, but have instead continued to drop pounds eating at higher maintenance calories.

Our bodies need time to adjust when we've lost weight, which may appear to be stalls (even what seems like long periods at a time), but the fat burning and benefits are still going on while the body rearranges and sorts things out internally, and then the weight loss will continue after that. I think this adjustment period helps the body recover and heal and get adjusted to being at this lower weight, so that it doesn't rebound and regain the weight as easily.

Or it may be that you do need to tweak your calorie numbers more or in a different way as Adi mentioned. It's hard to say until you try it out and then keep to it for a period of time long enough to assess the results.

Whatever you do decide though, good luck and please do keep us updated. Make use of the great support system here!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i was stuck for a while, and am happy to say its finally on the move.. Its not like a ton gone but i am very happy with one pound a week or one and half as aposed too staying the same ya know.. I have talked to a few of you and tryed somthing diffent for my body.. I am sorry that i struggle to eat large amts of food.. but this has been the hardest part of my WOE..If i chose to eat empty cal items like cake and cookies and junk i am sure i cuold hit those numbers.. but.. I want to eat healthy AND lose weight,, kind of retrain the way i see and veiw food ya know.. Wow dint mean to write so much here but.. I am eating to full on up days which come in at about 1400 cals instaed of 1920.. and on DD i eat one meal.. then nothing else, so around up to 500 for a DD and some days i went as high as 850 on that DD .. and now the scale wants to move down. so, this is what i plan to continue to do... :hug: to those who helped me decided to tweek my Ud day numbers lowers..
1994 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Kimberly, glad you found a combo that is working for you!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Well i was stuck for a while, and am happy to say its finally on the move.. Its not like a ton gone but i am very happy with one pound a week or one and half as aposed too staying the same ya know.. I have talked to a few of you and tryed somthing diffent for my body.. I am sorry that i struggle to eat large amts of food.. but this has been the hardest part of my WOE..If i chose to eat empty cal items like cake and cookies and junk i am sure i cuold hit those numbers.. but.. I want to eat healthy AND lose weight,, kind of retrain the way i see and veiw food ya know.. Wow dint mean to write so much here but.. I am eating to full on up days which come in at about 1400 cals instaed of 1920.. and on DD i eat one meal.. then nothing else, so around up to 500 for a DD and some days i went as high as 850 on that DD .. and now the scale wants to move down. so, this is what i plan to continue to do... :hug: to those who helped me decided to tweek my Ud day numbers lowers..
I agree that some of us have to go down instead of up on UD!!! Love your new profile pic! We are going to get there one way or another!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I am sorry that i struggle to eat large amts of food.. but this has been the hardest part of my WOE..If i chose to eat empty cal items like cake and cookies and junk i am sure i cuold hit those numbers.. but.. I want to eat healthy AND lose weight,, kind of retrain the way i see and veiw food ya know..
Ditto! I try to eat low carb because since watching that video on sugar, it sure made me look at things differently. I will still eat a cookie or piece of cake on occasion, but it's not with quite the same lust I had before watching that video or the various recent books out. Like you said, if I ate the way I used to - even when I first did JUDDD - meeting my UD calories wouldn't be a problem. You wouldn't think doing that would be a problem with low carb foods, but it is! The fat in them keep me satisfied and with the Sirt gene in gear, my appetite just ain't what it used to be.

Now if it would show on the scale!

Love the new avatar, Kimberly!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

I knew it. I'm a threadkilla!

So, after another thread topic about recalculating calories after some weight loss, I thought I'd pose the question here. I know the consensus is to not recalculate until the weight loss stops. But for some of us slow losers or those of us who seem to tread mud - maybe we should recalculate more often?

I'd hate to because I love UD's even though they are a challenge to eat enough for me. But then again, being that food has lost the importance it once did, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing. Since I'm not losing as well as I did my first go 'round with JUDDD, it might be time for me to lower things.

As I said in the other thread, I'd try it, but with the upcoming surgery, my eating will be all over the place until I'm better and get back into rotation.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #130
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
This is what I would recommend, though you get to decide to do whatever you FEEL is right and will work best: I would wait until you're better after your surgery, then go back to your current numbers. Do your current numbers for a couple of weeks, then tweak as needed. Who knows, you may be slowing down/not losing well right now because of your pain, or the stress of the upcoming surgery, or any other number of reasons.

I'm one who is very impatient and has lowered mine a couple of times with great success. Then, the last time I lowered them, I stalled even worse, and had to raise them back up to get the weight moving again.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Ditto! I try to eat low carb because since watching that video on sugar, it sure made me look at things differently. I will still eat a cookie or piece of cake on occasion, but it's not with quite the same lust I had before watching that video or the various recent books out. Like you said, if I ate the way I used to - even when I first did JUDDD - meeting my UD calories wouldn't be a problem. You wouldn't think doing that would be a problem with low carb foods, but it is! The fat in them keep me satisfied and with the Sirt gene in gear, my appetite just ain't what it used to be.

Now if it would show on the scale!

Love the new avatar, Kimberly!
What video are you referring to? I am trying to remember where I saw the video about children & sugar.

I am sorry about your surgery and hope that you can relax for a while and not worry so much about weight loss.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PhoebeHerself
Stats: 203.4/183.6/160
WOE: -17.8 lbs HCG/JUDDD is next
Start Date: February 2012
I've only just skimmed this thread but it certainly seems like the one or me! Wednesday will be the two week mark for me and I've not lost anything. I just came off of hcg p2 so am giving my body time to adjust so am not planning on tweaking anything just yet but know (from many past weight loss attempts) that I am a "slow loser".

Off to read with more concentration!
PhoebeHerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm one who is very impatient and has lowered mine a couple of times with great success. Then, the last time I lowered them, I stalled even worse, and had to raise them back up to get the weight moving again.
I think about you quite often and certainly remember that you had to up your calories (I did, too, on UD's). Hoping if I kind of stay in maintenance mode after the surgery and get back into regular JUDDD'ing, I'll begin losing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
What video are you referring to? I am trying to remember where I saw the video about children & sugar.

I am sorry about your surgery and hope that you can relax for a while and not worry so much about weight loss.
Thanks, Sunday! Hoping I can drop a few pounds without trying and they'll stay off, no worrying needed!! Here's a link to the video. It's a tad long, but watching it engrossed me and it was over before I knew it! Eek, I tried to just put a text link, but the video came up.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Buttoni, I don't know if you've read this post by Yam-Yam (it's a good post that I think everyone should read anyway):

Why your body wants a break from WL

Now I know everyone is very different and at different stages and situations, so this may or may not apply to what's going on with you, but I wanted to offer some other views and options. Recently a number of JUDDDers (Dawn, Luna, for example) have gone into a temporary maintenance for some relief from what appeared to be stalls or unmoving numbers on the scale, but have instead continued to drop pounds eating at higher maintenance calories.

Our bodies need time to adjust when we've lost weight, which may appear to be stalls (even what seems like long periods at a time), but the fat burning and benefits are still going on while the body rearranges and sorts things out internally, and then the weight loss will continue after that. I think this adjustment period helps the body recover and heal and get adjusted to being at this lower weight, so that it doesn't rebound and regain the weight as easily.

Or it may be that you do need to tweak your calorie numbers more or in a different way as Adi mentioned. It's hard to say until you try it out and then keep to it for a period of time long enough to assess the results.

Whatever you do decide though, good luck and please do keep us updated. Make use of the great support system here!

I had read, but really needed to re-read that post from Yamyam. I suspect the tipping point for me to lose (set point) is extremely fragile. Again and again, my body is VERY quick to try and maintain after 5-7# loss. But this morning, after a DD, I dropped back down to my lowest in years, 157! Go figure, after 6 long weeks at 160.

On top of all that, I guess with all my post-menopausal hormonal things going on, I just need to ride out my consistently long, long, LONG stalls this body and screwed up metabolism make me suffer to lose every single pound. It's so frustrating though. Been on this journey since April 2009 (3 years) and have only lost 40# (not that I'm complaining about that), whereas some lose that much in 6 months!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Vanilla, I don't remember your post about getting surgery!!!
I hope it's nothing too drastic or scary!!!

I just spent a week recuperating from a car crash (no serious injuries, just bruises, swelling, sore muscles) and I pretty much practiced Fast5. I also ate low carb for most of it...I think we particularly don't need sugar when we are sick and less active than usual. Also, it seems we use nutrients more efficiently when we practice IF, so I thought it might actually speed the healing (rather than eating small meals all day...too much energy going towards digestion rather than healing).

I just figured out yesterday that although my weight went up & down several pounds, by my "weekly average" method, I actually lost .3lb last week.
And today I saw a new low of 268.2!!! (I have been over 270 since 5/27.)

Perhaps you will take a break entirely from worrying about diet/weight loss etc, but I just wanted to share with you my experience this past week,
in case you want to keep to some sort of plan during your recovery.

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-12-2012 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: punctuation
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had read, but really needed to re-read that post from Yamyam. I suspect the tipping point for me to lose (set point) is extremely fragile. Again and again, my body is VERY quick to try and maintain after 5-7# loss. But this morning, after a DD, I dropped back down to my lowest in years, 157! Go figure, after 6 long weeks at 160.

On top of all that, I guess with all my post-menopausal hormonal things going on, I just need to ride out my consistently long, long, LONG stalls this body and screwed up metabolism make me suffer to lose every single pound. It's so frustrating though. Been on this journey since April 2009 (3 years) and have only lost 40# (not that I'm complaining about that), whereas some lose that much in 6 months!
I've been on a 30+ year battle to lose weight. My body is like yours in that I'll lose 5-7 lbs. and it just stops. I haven't been in Onderland in 25 years.

I thought I'd found my "problem" a few weeks ago, which was to make sure I was eating up to my UD calories. As fast as that came, it went. It seems like the ol' 3 steps forward, 2 steps back thing for me. Or some days, 3 steps forward 4 steps back. Three months on JUDDD and I can't seem to bust back through the 8 lb. loss I finally got to in May.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Vanilla, I don't remember your post about getting surgery!!!
I hope it's nothing too drastic or scary!!!

I just spent a week recuperating from a car crash (no serious injuries, just bruises, swelling, sore muscles) and I pretty much practiced Fast5. I also ate low carb for most of it...I think we particularly don't need sugar when we are sick and less active than usual. Also, it seems we use nutrients more efficiently when we practice IF, so I thought it might actually speed the healing (rather than eating small meals all day...too much energy going towards digestion rather than healing).

I just figured out yesterday that although my weight went up & down several pounds, by my "weekly average" method, I actually lost .3lb last week.
And today I saw a new low of 268.2!!! (I have been over 270 since 5/27.)

Perhaps you will take a break entirely from worrying about diet/weight loss etc, but I just wanted to share with you my experience this past week,
in case you want to keep to some sort of plan during your recovery.
I think my surgery thread is down a few pages. It was mainly wondering how or if I should even worry about "dieting" during the recovery. I'll post in the daily thread when the surgery is imminent.

So glad you're doing better and glad you weren't seriously hurt! Although being banged up is the pits!! I do remember seeing that, and I apologize if I didn't post about it. I post while at work and get sidetracked. Easily.

I agree with you on letting the body heal the injuries as opposed to being diverted to digestion duties. I did Fast 5 for awhile and I adored it. But, I didn't lose a thing. I do hope to not worry about the weight loss or lack thereof during my recovery. Do hope some poundage will come off naturally and stay off though!

Thanks for the suggestion, it is much appreciated!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Thanks, Sunday! Hoping I can drop a few pounds without trying and they'll stay off, no worrying needed!! Here's a link to the video. It's a tad long, but watching it engrossed me and it was over before I knew it! Eek, I tried to just put a text link, but the video came up.
Yes! That is the one I posted a while back, but I saw it originally on the main forum and could not remember where it was? I have watched this many times and it has helped my fam/friends who are struggling with sugar addiction. I am shocked and frightened about his research in the unusual growth of obesity amongst children and at such young ages. He believes it correlates to so many processed foods having hfcs even in baby formula and baby food.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vanilla,
I don't know if you are close to my age, but I recently started BHRT and I just found out today, that my weight will go up before it starts slowly going down progressively from the balancing of my hormones. I really wish that I had done a bit more research into this before starting.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
vanilla,
I don't know if you are close to my age, but I recently started BHRT and I just found out today, that my weight will go up before it starts slowly going down progressively from the balancing of my hormones. I really wish that I had done a bit more research into this before starting.
I started BHRT, both implants and transdermal creams, 1 year ago and I bounced up 5# in under 2 weeks right at first on them. My doc told me to expect that, so it came as no surprise. But sex hormones are so important to weight maintaining, until you get them balanced just right, I have read countless articles on-line that indicate you will struggle to lose any weight at all until they ARE in balance. Anyhow, a year later, I'm down to my lowest weight in years, FINALLY, and hope to get this last 17# off by year's end? Maybe.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I started BHRT, both implants and transdermal creams, 1 year ago and I bounced up 5# in under 2 weeks right at first on them. My doc told me to expect that, so it came as no surprise. But sex hormones are so important to weight maintaining, until you get them balanced just right, I have read countless articles on-line that indicate you will struggle to lose any weight at all until they ARE in balance. Anyhow, a year later, I'm down to my lowest weight in years, FINALLY, and hope to get this last 17# off by year's end? Maybe.

Thank you for letting me know! I have debated doing this for some time, and I have a friend who says that she feels that my slow losses could be related to menopause. So, in my heart, I wanted to try it, but did not have a clue that I would gain in the beginning. I guess as time goes the wait starts dropping. I am clueless to what an implant is??? Do you mind telling? I am on testorone cream, progestrone sublingual, and estadiol tablet. They also upped my armour thyroid. I can definitely tell a difference in my sleep. I do not wake up for anything! I sleep so sound it is scary.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 06-12-2012 at 06:35 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Was going through my subscriptions and saw this thread hasn't been visited lately.

I've never been on any hormone therapy, even though I'm post-menopausal and just had that hysterectomy (ovaries remained). I've had my thyroid tested numerous times although I would love to do THE one that shows if you're "normal" really isn't. I gained weight after leaving home and getting married, and the only way I've ever gotten back into Onderland was to go on shots and speed (back when it was popular in the 80's).

Despite the wonderful encouragement I get here, I'm really deflated. Enough to literally kick my scale this morning. I know it was after an UD, and I'm quite sure my body is still recovering the trauma of surgery AND very much still healing on the inside from the surgery. But I am so angry!!!

As I've mentioned before, I found JUDDD a few years ago and after 3 months, had lost 14 lbs. More than I ever had with WW, low carb, and any other thing I'd ever tried. Fell off the wagon and here I am again. I started this journey again in March at 217.2 (I had already lost 15 lbs. by other methods - but don't want to revisit that!) Lowest I got to 208.8 and that was back in May. Why ain't this working for me????? I began losing once I saw I wasn't eating up to my UD calories. That worked for a very short time as I never got lower.

I am so freaking frustrated!!!! I just re-read Sophiecat's great thread on tweaks to try. But I have no idea which one to try first. Or even if I should still I'm still recovering from surgery.

Ack!! I know there are no answers or none of us would be here. It's just so frustrating because every, single time I think I've finally found what works, it blows up in my face. I honestly sometimes think I am just not meant to be normal weight. Ever. Ack!

Thanks for letting me vent. It's been a long time and venting sometimes brings the Whoosh Fairy.

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 07-11-2012 at 08:48 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Vanilla

Is there anyway you can hide your scale for a while and just do the rotations?

It's true that your body is just going to take some time to fully heal from that surgery. The most important job it has right now is to do that healing.

Are you enjoying JUDD? If you are suffering too much or it's too hard right now, by all means look for something you will enjoy. Life is too short for us to be miserable IMO.

If you can find a way to really enjoy the JUDD rotations and you believe like I do that there will be healing changes going on inside your body that the scale won't reflect right now (post-surgery healing time) then just ask someone to lock your scale away in a steel safe or a shed with a bolt so you can't get at it. Then JUDD away and find ways to make it bring joy into your life.

I just feel so bad that this is causing you stress right now. And, distress certainly is not good for weight loss or anything related to health. The only kind of stress that's healthy is physical body stress from exercise and also the kind of brain excitement of mental and social accomplishments.

What you are experiencing with that wicked scale right now is DIStress.

Up your protein, take your vitamins, do your rotations if you enjoy them and step away from the scale. IMHO for what it is worth!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Hey Vanilla, I'm reading your post and Skinjob's this morning, and I feel for you. The truth for me is that in health care (I was a chiropractor for 20 years), you accept that a basic treatment plan - in this case, Juddd by the letter - will work for about 80% of people. So you begin with that. The remaining 20% are the tough ones. They're the ones who have to be the most patient and creative. In my HO, they also have to pay far greater attention to both their intuition and their body's feedback in order to find their way.
I think you've given the basic plan a decent trial. I also think your surgery may affect you for a while. Healing takes a whack of time.
My two cents? If you enjoy JUDDDing, keep at it for the pleasure and the good company. While you're healing, use your considerable intelligence and spirit to create a series of tweaks that you might try for 2-3 weeks at a time when you're ready to begin experimenting. Rank them according to what feels best when you contemplate them. You probably know your body better than you think you do when you're frustrated like this.
Prepare yourself to be patient, and go at it like an adventure. Pay very careful attention to your body's response to each tweak. Your body will tell you everything. It's just speaking in a language we aren't fluent with.
And you'll have tons of support here.
Enough said. If this doesn't appeal to you, just skip right by it! It means that somewhere inside, you have an idea that's better for you. Follow it.
Apologies for going on and on. I find it really exciting to imagine how thrilled you'll be when you find your way. I'm certain you will.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
No advise

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 07-11-2012 at 09:59 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Hey Vanilla, I'm reading your post and Skinjob's this morning, and I feel for you. The truth for me is that in health care (I was a chiropractor for 20 years), you accept that a basic treatment plan - in this case, Juddd by the letter - will work for about 80% of people. So you begin with that. The remaining 20% are the tough ones. They're the ones who have to be the most patient and creative. In my HO, they also have to pay far greater attention to both their intuition and their body's feedback in order to find their way.
I think you've given the basic plan a decent trial. I also think your surgery may affect you for a while. Healing takes a whack of time.
My two cents? If you enjoy JUDDDing, keep at it for the pleasure and the good company. While you're healing, use your considerable intelligence and spirit to create a series of tweaks that you might try for 2-3 weeks at a time when you're ready to begin experimenting. Rank them according to what feels best when you contemplate them. You probably know your body better than you think you do when you're frustrated like this.
Prepare yourself to be patient, and go at it like an adventure. Pay very careful attention to your body's response to each tweak. Your body will tell you everything. It's just speaking in a language we aren't fluent with.
And you'll have tons of support here.
Enough said. If this doesn't appeal to you, just skip right by it! It means that somewhere inside, you have an idea that's better for you. Follow it.
Apologies for going on and on. I find it really exciting to imagine how thrilled you'll be when you find your way. I'm certain you will.
Why am I not surprised that you were a chiropractor? I knew there was a reason that I love reading your advice.

And I just want to hug you Vanilla! You are a trooper friend!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, y'all are simple awesome!

I think hiding the scale for awhile might be the thing to do. Maybe just stay on plan and start with the daily weighings August 1. Yam-Yam JUDDD is such a part of my life, and, I do enjoy it. I no longer have the major food issues I did, which was huge for me.

Joyjoy, I'm quite certain I fall into that 20% being that I've been dieting for well over 30 years. I keep hoping that since this was the only thing that worked for me before I fell off the wagon, it'll eventually kick in. It might have been, then the surgery came along. I do think and agree the surgery might be the bulk of the problem right now. I still get that bloated belly even just sitting here at work! That alone makes me feel huge!

Thanks to all of you and any others that might pop in. I do think I'll stay off the scale until August. Hugs to all of you for listening, understanding, and offering suggestions!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sounds like you are making a good plan, Vanilla. Big to you, Friend!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Yam-Yam, . I confess that I stepped on the metal monster today. I upped my DD calories a bit yesterday simply because I was hungry. So, I'm still debating with myself if my body needs the little bit of extra to heal or if healing is more beneficial by not having to divert calories to digesting food.

I then wondered if it might be best for me to keep daily weighing to see:

1. How my body reacts to any tweaks.
2. Might be beneficial not only for me but others (and lurkers) just to see how the body loses weight (or not!) while recovering from surgery. Maybe there's a point in the recovery process when the body finally starts releasing weight again.

I didn't kick the scale and was down a little even with having upped the calories.

No matter what I decide (and you can tell I'm very undecisive!!), I appreciate all the suggestions, advice, and encouragement from all of you!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
My father just had major surgery and blew up over 20 lbs for nearly a month! You certainly need more food when you are healing. Since weight loss is next to nil, why not just move up to the 35% or so weight loss, near maintenance and see what happens? It can't make you gain so what is there to lose? I think your body needs to rest and severe restriction probably isn't the answer right now.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote