Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am back to my original weight after some really big bounces due to water retention. I hate being a human sponge but it looks like May isn't going to be anything stellar on the weight loss radar.

Last edited by adillenal; 05-16-2012 at 03:23 AM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am back to my original weight after some really big bounces due to water retention. I hate being a human sponge but it looks like May isn't going to be anything stellar on the weight loss radar.
you're not alone!

I still haven't hit where I started on JUDDD. lol Granted I started off of a very low carb diet and I'm at a moderate carb level now, so what I've gained is water but still! I don't anticipate losing anything in May. Ah well...there's always June!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Vanilla, a slow-n-steady pound a week sounds very good to me!
Thanks, Nancy, and yeah I do need to look at it that way. It's appearing I'm one who loses a few pounds, stops for what seems an eternity, then drops a few more. Either that, or I just gotta keep those UD calories UP!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Me too.. I wanted to hit my 190 mark by last months end.. and dint hit that mark, so that makes me several weeks behind on end of this omnths goal too,, grrrrr.. still sitting again at 192.4 what in the world am i to do?? My new thing to keep my head in the game is stay with the numbers i was givin from the start.. and consintrate on my toning.. i have such a wrinkled mess of my skin from the loss i have had so far.. so i think i need to start to get that under control befroe i get all worked up over what my scale is saying ya know?
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Since I've been at 159 for a good month now, thought I better join your little group here, too. I'm within 19# of goal weight and appear to be stalling out again, so I decided to recalculate my calories today. At age 63, height 5'5" it recalculates me at 1628 (from 1655); the DD's drop to 326 (from 388, but I was doing 500 since day 1 on JUDDD). Man, I don't know about doing 324, but I guess I can give it a try. I imagine I will just have to skip breakfast and lunch totally (coffee only) and eat my 326 cals all at dinner.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
Oh no it's back.. After a dd I back up 1lb again. from the initially first loss.. Disappointed but persevere everyone!!! /hugs
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Since I've been at 159 for a good month now, thought I better join your little group here, too. I'm within 19# of goal weight and appear to be stalling out again, so I decided to recalculate my calories today. At age 63, height 5'5" it recalculates me at 1628 (from 1655); the DD's drop to 326 (from 388, but I was doing 500 since day 1 on JUDDD). Man, I don't know about doing 324, but I guess I can give it a try. I imagine I will just have to skip breakfast and lunch totally (coffee only) and eat my 326 cals all at dinner.
Buttoni, I'd like to suggest that you take a look at this post by Pat (SoHappy) in response to a similar question as yours before making any decisions or changes, just because I hate to see anyone have to drop calories and eat less if they don't need to or if it actually wouldn't end up helping. She can explain it way better than I can.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Tomorrow is a DD for me. Today was supposed to be but got what I call "stress messed up". Even so I think I had only about 1400 calories. Not bad but maybe not as high as an UD should be. I expect that tomorrow A.M. I won't have lost a pound. Sigh. Lord please help me stay at 500 calories tomorrow.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

I'm on a DD too....we can do it!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
ugh - spent the last 3+ weeks gaining and losing the same ONE pound. I have 65 pounds to lose! What the heck is my body thinking? Oh yeah, it's not thinking. It's a primal organism and I am attempting to apply rational thought. I understand I am dealing with hormones and age and a lifetime of diet-induced metabolism challenges but I am glad I have a place here to vent and whine and kick and scream because fundamentally this is just so unfair for all of us working so hard to do the right thing by our bodies.
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
ugh - spent the last 3+ weeks gaining and losing the same ONE pound. I have 65 pounds to lose! What the heck is my body thinking? Oh yeah, it's not thinking. It's a primal organism and I am attempting to apply rational thought. I understand I am dealing with hormones and age and a lifetime of diet-induced metabolism challenges but I am glad I have a place here to vent and whine and kick and scream because fundamentally this is just so unfair for all of us working so hard to do the right thing by our bodies.
I sometimes feel like I'm standing on a stick of dynamite, one wrong move and the scale goes up and ... boom. I just was on the daily weight thread and if you really look at people's daily weighings, they don't really seem to move much, except with an occasional big whooshie. I sometimes where all this weight is people have lost as we all seem to go up, down, maintain, down, up, etc. I seem to tend to lose a couple of pounds, then it just sticks for awhile. Drives me freakin' insane. I've got about the same amount of weight to lose as you.

How's your UD calories? Eating up to them?

It is nice to vent here and not get blasted or hit with 300 questions (I only asked two above ) about what we're doing, not doing, maybe doing, possibly doing ...

I wonder if there's a forum anywhere for people going nuts trying to gain 60 lbs.?

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
It sucks. I logged onto my old weight loss site after Christmas. My last input was my weight at February 2011 and the chart told me I'd gained 3 kilos. Only got to below that weight after three months of dieting from January.

Well I bit the bullet and stuck to Very low carb and calories this week (under 1200 UD and 500 DD) and at last I've seen the scale move. I'm at 173 and a bit and hope to see close to 172 by Saturday. (My scales are VERY accurate) That's between 4 and 5 pounds in five days and will do me for a whoosh.

My plan is to go back to a regular but healthy diet next week but keep the UD calories to 1500. The numbers add up to that to give a deficit of 7000 calories for the week which equals 2 lbs of fat. I've been doing resistance exercises so hopefully not lost too much muscle.

Just hope the JUDDD maintenance magic (which does seem to work) will keep me at my new low. I can live with the odd week of extreme discipline if maintaining is easy and relaxing. Perhaps that's the only way us slow ones can lose more than a pound a month?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Vanilla latte - I am eating my UD calories and watching my DDs - I am not perfect but pretty darn close and not a single "day off" so I should expect to see some results - right?? I think I lose in rare whooshes - every 3-4 weeks a pound or two BUT the catch is I have to stay perfectly on plan to keep them. If I stray for even one day I gain 3-4 pounds and it takes a month or more to lose it. Aaargh - it really seems to be a losing scenario for me (ironic pun intended).

I am glad you are seeing some results stargazer. Whatever works, right?! BUT, again I am concerned about training my metabolism to have to subsist on 1200 cals for the long term. Not sure that is sustainable for me. The UD/DD rotation is what attracted me to JUDD but it just doesn't seem to be working.

My secret hope is that all this whining will shame the whoosh fairy into a visit and I can happily report back in with head hung that I got all upset for nothing.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I sometimes feel like I'm standing on a stick of dynamite, one wrong move and the scale goes up and ... boom. I just was on the daily weight thread and if you really look at people's daily weighings, they don't really seem to move much, except with an occasional big whooshie. I sometimes where all this weight is people have lost as we all seem to go up, down, maintain, down, up, etc. I seem to tend to lose a couple of pounds, then it just sticks for awhile. Drives me freakin' insane. I've got about the same amount of weight to lose as you.

How's your UD calories? Eating up to them?

It is nice to vent here and not get blasted or hit with 300 questions (I only asked two above ) about what we're doing, not doing, maybe doing, possibly doing ...

I wonder if there's a forum anywhere for people going nuts trying to gain 60 lbs.?

this is exactly why i started to change things up until i tweaked it to work for me. some one my size should be able to drop every week.
i started at 55 and three weeks later i was at 53. just not enough for my big butt
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

OK - I am going to increase my DD calories and see if that works. I don't have any science behind it other than to try SOMETHING different and I might as well start with the most difficult and onerous part of the plan. I'll report back. My calculated numbers are ~380/~1950. I am now going to shoot for 600/1800 and see if that shakes things up. Wish me luck!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Well, I am down a pound. Yay! When I get to about 162 I will believe that this plan actually is working for me. Today is an UD and I will attempt to stay at about 1400 cals. Good thread because it helps put slow losers in perspective in a different way.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Vanilla latte - I am eating my UD calories and watching my DDs - I am not perfect but pretty darn close and not a single "day off" so I should expect to see some results - right?? I think I lose in rare whooshes - every 3-4 weeks a pound or two BUT the catch is I have to stay perfectly on plan to keep them. If I stray for even one day I gain 3-4 pounds and it takes a month or more to lose it. Aaargh - it really seems to be a losing scenario for me (ironic pun intended).
Quote:
OK - I am going to increase my DD calories and see if that works. I don't have any science behind it other than to try SOMETHING different and I might as well start with the most difficult and onerous part of the plan. I'll report back. My calculated numbers are ~380/~1950. I am now going to shoot for 600/1800 and see if that shakes things up. Wish me luck!
Good girl on eating your UD calories and good luck with your tweaks. Like Ohio Guy, I would SO love to find what tweaks work for me to give me steady results. I envy those who've found what works for them consistently. The upside is that I've had 3 losses on the days I've weighed and I hit a new JUDDD low this morning.

That said, it seems as long as I keep my DD's to between 400-500 calories I'm good. I haven't been great about tracking my UD calories to make sure I'm eating enough since I found out I wasn't. But on an UD, I eat every time I get a hunger pang that lasts more than a few minutes and am eating until I'm satisfied. Being the scale is moving downward, maybe I have found what works for me.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #108
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Woot woot Suze and Vanilla!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Go suze and vanilla! I am still looking for my magic but I am glad you found yours!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I have been incorporating one full fast down day and one free up day a week and I am sloooowly losing a little again. Down .5 since the first of the month. Hoping to continue downward. Grateful for that half pound.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 05-19-2012 at 06:32 PM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Well, did the old gain back two from yesterday's UD. This is Sunday and will repeat the same again, only hopefully not gaining yet another two. I really do not have much trouble staying at about 1400 cals/day which is good. My DD's are between 500-600. Seven day average at the higher DD number is 1057/day. Even if I drop to 500 and raise to 1500 the average is 1071. Do you think the spread should be even greater??? I am 72 and at 166lbs, 5'2" and walk three times a week, so I calculated at 30-35% with little or no exercise. The whole thing seems to work in concept, but today I feel just bloated and blobbish. Know what I mean? Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
aarosali--since you are seeing losses right now, even though slow, I would leave your numbers as is for another 2 weeks and see how it goes. Changing too much just gets confusing, as you might be on the verge of the new change really helping, and then you switch again.
Thanks for the advice. I think you're right. I need to wait it out. My metabolism is in pretty bad shape so it may take awhile for me to get it back in shape.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Well, did the old gain back two from yesterday's UD. This is Sunday and will repeat the same again, only hopefully not gaining yet another two. I really do not have much trouble staying at about 1400 cals/day which is good. My DD's are between 500-600. Seven day average at the higher DD number is 1057/day. Even if I drop to 500 and raise to 1500 the average is 1071. Do you think the spread should be even greater??? I am 72 and at 166lbs, 5'2" and walk three times a week, so I calculated at 30-35% with little or no exercise. The whole thing seems to work in concept, but today I feel just bloated and blobbish. Know what I mean? Have a good Sunday everyone.
I put your numbers in and got 1597 for an UD. DD's were 479 (30%), 559 (35%), both no exercise. It might be you're eating too far below your calories on an UD.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Vanilla. You might be right. Think I will change UD's to 1500 w/wiggle room and stay at 50o0-600 for DD's. The problem for many of us is that you really have to know at what level of calories you can actually lose. Also what about the carbs? For me keeping the carbs at up to 80 is OK, and then some days much lower is OK. I can not lose at just 1200 a day. Won't happen and there is where many of us older peeps get hung up. I could never lose on Atkins because (1) too much fat, (2) the amount of veggies they want you to eat is gag level for me even though I like veggies. I actually lose on Dukan but the boredom is awful. That is why JUDDD may eventually work for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Thanks Vanilla. You might be right. Think I will change UD's to 1500 w/wiggle room and stay at 50o0-600 for DD's. The problem for many of us is that you really have to know at what level of calories you can actually lose. Also what about the carbs? For me keeping the carbs at up to 80 is OK, and then some days much lower is OK. I can not lose at just 1200 a day. Won't happen and there is where many of us older peeps get hung up. I could never lose on Atkins because (1) too much fat, (2) the amount of veggies they want you to eat is gag level for me even though I like veggies. I actually lose on Dukan but the boredom is awful. That is why JUDDD may eventually work for me.
I hear you. I've never known at what level I lose, whether counting calories OR carbs. I couldn't seem to lose on 20 carbs a day and upping them to 40-50 didn't seem to do it, either. I adore fat-filled foods - they keep me so satisfied. Hence me staying lower carb. I do know that JUDDD gave me my first success at losing more than 5 lbs. a few years ago, and now it appears to be finally working for me (I need to lose about 60).

I've read that 1200 calories a day is what our bodies need if we did nothing but sit on a couch all day! So, I'm with you on not losing at 1200, either.

I really would try upping the UD calories and get that spread wider, even getting up to that 1597 limit just to see what happens. And eat what you enjoy! It's the best way to make this feel NOT like a diet!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

I getting more and more depressed and discouraged ..
Just gained 2lb after not weighing for about a week.
I'm really scared.. the really really devastating thought of walking away from this WOE came to mind.. and i really dont want to but i dont know if i can continue..
Old 06-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Aw, Dckisses!!!

Personally, I *do* weigh every day, and then average the weights
(add them and divide by 7).
Then I calculate my weight or loss by the difference every week.
Doing this has REALLY, REALLY helped me, because there have been weeks I thought were going very very badly, and it turned out I had only gained .2lbs--or even lost a bit!

We all have bounces, and I fear that if I were to weigh only once a week I might catch a "bounce".

But if weighing every day upsets you, I understand that too.

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling discouraged.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Unfortunately, I haven't lost anything..
Old 06-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dckisses View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't lost anything..

I'm still not below my starting weight either.

are you noticing any other benefits?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Psychologically, definitely! I can finally eat the things that I want to eat, and actually feel happy eating them instead of guilt and bad feelings. My relationship with food definitely improved.. but i'm just afraid it's improving too much it's showing on the scale.. in the opposite direction.