Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I truly believe, based on things that JUDDD BUDDDs have reported, that some of us dive, in a matter of hours, right through caloric stress response into starvation mode (and stall).

I do know, for some of us eating too little on DD can be counter-productive...those people need to eat more. Maybe not much more, 50 or 100 calories may be enough to keep the sirtuin enzymes flowing. And it seems the only way to find out if this applies to you, is to test it.
yes!
i also think our bodys freak out (diet stress) and it has to calm down and it will start coming off, just have to hang in there and it will reward
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
And I may be one of those that needs to eat more on DD's. I was fasting on DD's but I had 300 calories yesterday and I am having a very nice UD today. Had B and L and have no hunger or cravings. Usually by 2 in the afternoon I am prowling the frig. We shall see how I do the rest of the day. I have a banquet tonight but have plenty of calories for that. About 1000. Should not be a problem. Will continue to eat around 300 cals on DD's for a bit and see how it goes.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
helped me so much,
both hunger and weight.
curious if it affects your weigh-ins too
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
My weight is bouncing!! And always around the same range..

4/5-M-900
5/5-M-1150(the 2 MDs was due to a not very good and busy day)
6/5-D-(50.5)-200
7/5-U-(50)-1600
8/5-D-(50.5)-400(fruits only)
9/5-U-(49.5)-1700
10/5-D-(50.5)-400
11/5-U-(49.5)-
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dckisses View Post
My weight is bouncing!! And always around the same range..

4/5-M-900
5/5-M-1150(the 2 MDs was due to a not very good and busy day)
6/5-D-(50.5)-200
7/5-U-(50)-1600
9/5-U-(49.5)-1700
10/5-D-(50.5)-400
11/5-U-(49.5)-
Have you tried eating higher calories on the UDs? I think you might be eating at too low of calories for your age and stats (I saw a previous post where you stated them). Your 7 day average that you posted above is 907 calories. I worry that you might be slowing your metabolism down to the "starvation" point and your body might not be willing to release any more weight because of that. You're half my age and about 2 inches taller than me, and I lost eating at higher calorie limits than you're eating at right now. I also had a completely sluggish metabolism before JUDDD. I didn't lose a singe pound doing strict vlc for 5 months, but JUDDD has really helped to heal my metabolism.

I know everyone's body and metabolism is different, and what works for one might not work for others, but it seems that you've been having a lot of difficulty so maybe you'd like to consider upping your UD calories and pulling apart an even wider gap between your DDs and UDs to see if that might get your metabolism pumping and let your body feel comfortable releasing weight? I feel like you should be able to eat much more than that and at your young age, I don't feel that lowering your calories even more will be helpful. Whatever you decide though, I hope things start to get rolling for you.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Have you tried eating higher calories on the UDs? I think you might be eating at too low of calories for your age and stats (I saw a previous post where you stated them). Your 7 day average that you posted above is 907 calories. I worry that you might be slowing your metabolism down to the "starvation" point and your body might not be willing to release any more weight because of that. You're half my age and about 2 inches taller than me, and I lost eating at higher calorie limits than you're eating at right now. I also had a completely sluggish metabolism before JUDDD. I didn't lose a singe pound doing strict vlc for 5 months, but JUDDD has really helped to heal my metabolism.

I know everyone's body and metabolism is different, and what works for one might not work for others, but it seems that you've been having a lot of difficulty so maybe you'd like to consider upping your UD calories and pulling apart an even wider gap between your DDs and UDs to see if that might get your metabolism pumping and let your body feel comfortable releasing weight? I feel like you should be able to eat much more than that and at your young age, I don't feel that lowering your calories even more will be helpful. Whatever you decide though, I hope things start to get rolling for you.
Hello! *
Yes I've considered eating but fear takes over. I started a thread couple of weeks ago distressed and desperate. Some members suggested I try eating 2000kcal on UDs. I was thrilled yet skeptical because if I wasn't losing at 1600kcal why would I at 2000kcal.*

But then was when I didn't know that much about juddd and now I've seen members post and comment.. Maybe the juddd magic is having to eat more to lose.

I have to trust this to work. I have to trust juddd.*

Can I know what's your calorie intake? And I was thinking because I am trying to lose my last maximum 5kg or so thats why it's slower.. But seems like its not moving at all.*

Pardon the question but did you have a lot to lose?*

Thanks so much for replying! I really appreciate it.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Stuck on 176 for a week now. I really thought I'd be down to 175 after a week of brilliant DDs and lower cal UDs. I didn't even cheat at the weekend this time.

I have a hunch that cutting right back on the wine is re-setting my water weight. I am due a whoosh if there is any justice.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Have you tried eating higher calories on the UDs?
Bravo Vilanteira!!!!

Really. Really. Your body has an internal calorie intake point it uses to recognize famine. When that point is reached - either by eating too few calories day-in-day-out, or by extending DD too long into UD, then your body protects itself from famine by slowing metabolism and holding onto water and starting to burn muscle.

Not only is this a very unhealthy state, but, since low UD cals probably position your intake right around that magical 'starvation is immanent' point, your weight loss will stall and stall and stall.

Trust JUDDD. Eat your UD calories for a week to ensure your body gets the message "False alarm, no famine here" every UD. And spread those calories out across the day to ensure your body has plenty of energy to work with.

Trust JUDDD. See what happens.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 05-11-2012 at 04:16 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello! *
Yes I've considered eating but fear takes over. I started a thread couple of weeks ago distressed and desperate. Some members suggested I try eating 2000kcal on UDs. I was thrilled yet skeptical because if I wasn't losing at 1600kcal why would I at 2000kcal.*

But then was when I didn't know that much about juddd and now I've seen members post and comment.. Maybe the juddd magic is having to eat more to lose.

Can I know what's your calorie intake? And I was thinking because I am trying to lose my last maximum 5kg or so thats why it's slower.. But seems like its not moving at all.*

It is a little scary thinking that you might have to eat more, because we always have a less is more attitude when trying to diet and lose weight, but on JUDDD, it really seems that for a lot of us, eating less is definitely not helping us. I've been seeing many more examples lately of JUDDDers breaking stalls and doing much better by eating more, and that's very encouraging since it points to a metabolism that's healing and burning bright.

I didn't have much to lose (just the last 20 lbs that I never seemed to be able to lose), so it was slower for me than others, but still an acceptable rate for me compared to any other woe. I eat at under 500 cal DDs and at least 1800 UDs, but have gone over a bit on DDs occasionally, on UDs regularly (a lot over a few times).

If you're still really worried, you could always try eating up to 1800-2000 calories on UDs for a couple weeks, and then if it doesn't seem to be working, just cut back again or re-evaluate and decide on another way to change things up. JUDDD really is flexible and in order for it to work, you need to customize it to work for you, but I'm convinced that doing so correctly requires a bit of trial and error and also some trust in this woe. As Nancy so rightly says, trust JUDDD! If what you're doing isn't working for a period of time, it may be time to shake things up as Sophie mentioned in her post. It's very important that we heal our metabolisms and give our bodies the proper nourishment and energy to be able to lose any weight and maintain that loss.

Good luck!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
It is a little scary thinking that you might have to eat more, because we always have a less is more attitude when trying to diet and lose weight, but on JUDDD, it really seems that for a lot of us, eating less is definitely not helping us. I've been seeing many more examples lately of JUDDDers breaking stalls and doing much better by eating more, and that's very encouraging since it points to a metabolism that's healing and burning bright.

I didn't have much to lose (just the last 20 lbs that I never seemed to be able to lose), so it was slower for me than others, but still an acceptable rate for me compared to any other woe. I eat at under 500 cal DDs and at least 1800 UDs, but have gone over a bit on DDs occasionally, on UDs regularly (a lot over a few times).

If you're still really worried, you could always try eating up to 1800-2000 calories on UDs for a couple weeks, and then if it doesn't seem to be working, just cut back again or re-evaluate and decide on another way to change things up. JUDDD really is flexible and in order for it to work, you need to customize it to work for you, but I'm convinced that doing so correctly requires a bit of trial and error and also some trust in this woe. As Nancy so rightly says, trust JUDDD! If what you're doing isn't working for a period of time, it may be time to shake things up as Sophie mentioned in her post. It's very important that we heal our metabolisms and give our bodies the proper nourishment and energy to be able to lose any weight and maintain that loss.

Good luck!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Hello! *

I agree I think you need more UD cals. I'm 47, 5'4" for comparison purposes. I recently investigated why I was gaining (when I should be maintaining) and realized that over my history, whenever my UD cals dropped below 1500, I gained, and had trouble getting it off with good DD's. And this happened with wlm DD's and maintenance DD's. I worked to get my UD's to around 1700cals, and that gain is gone after 6 days of the change.

Try it. It might help, it might now. But it's only for a week or 2. And if it doesn't work, you can try something else.

Make sure you use some of those calories for a GOOD breakfast that includes protein on your UD. You need to get the message to your body that the emergency is OVER, you are not at starvation levels, food is plentiful, etc.

At your age, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to handle 1800 cals or better.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
watching along. still in the early stages but definitely not losing. I was super low carb yesterday and am low carb today. I'm hoping for a drop, but I'm not sure that's in the cards. I don't want to tweak my numbers until after two weeks.

I considered having someone muscle test me for my caloric needs on UD and DD to see where I fell, but I'm too much of a skeptic.

I've seen it work, I know it can, I just have a hard time believing it will for me! Meh, maybe I'll just do it for fun to see what I come up with.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is a little scary thinking that you might have to eat more, because we always have a less is more attitude when trying to diet and lose weight, but on JUDDD, it really seems that for a lot of us, eating less is definitely not helping us. *I've been seeing many more examples lately of JUDDDers breaking stalls and doing much better by eating more, and that's very encouraging since it points to a metabolism that's healing and burning bright. *

I didn't have much to lose (just the last 20 lbs that I never seemed to be able to lose), so it was slower for me than others, but still an acceptable rate for me compared to any other woe. *I eat at under 500 cal DDs and at least 1800 UDs, but have gone over a bit on DDs occasionally, on UDs regularly (a lot over a few times).

If you're still really worried, you could always try eating up to 1800-2000 calories on UDs for a couple weeks, and then if it doesn't seem to be working, just cut back again or re-evaluate and decide on another way to change things up. *JUDDD really is flexible and in order for it to work, you need to customize it to work for you, but I'm convinced that doing so correctly requires a bit of trial and error and also some trust in this woe. *As Nancy so rightly says, trust JUDDD! *If what you're doing isn't working for a period of time, it may be time to shake things up as Sophie mentioned in her post. *It's very important that we heal our metabolisms and give our bodies the proper nourishment and energy to be able to lose any weight and maintain that loss.

Good luck!
Yes. It's hard especially after years of careful eating/dieting emphasising on low cal low cal. Suddenly this wonderful WOE tells you eat more to lose weight, it comes as a shock.*

Oh I see.. Did you combine low carb/lower carb along that helps?*

Yes. Trusting is key, I know it now! I guess my metabolism needs time to heal. I ought to look at long term goals and benefits instead!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I agree I think you need more UD cals. *I'm 47, 5'4" for comparison purposes. *I recently investigated why I was gaining (when I should be maintaining) and realized that over my history, whenever my UD cals dropped below 1500, I gained, and had trouble getting it off with good DD's. *And this happened with wlm DD's and maintenance DD's. *I worked to get my UD's to around 1700cals, and that gain is gone after 6 days of the change.

Try it. *It might help, it might now. But it's only for a week or 2. *And if it doesn't work, you can try something else.

Make sure you use some of those calories for a GOOD breakfast that includes protein on your UD. *You need to get the message to your body that the emergency is OVER, you are not at starvation levels, food is plentiful, etc. *

At your age, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to handle 1800 cals or better.
I definitely will give it a try! I guess I must put my fears aside. I'll never know if I don't try. And with you lovely peeps here, there is no fear *

I find it at times hard to eat up to so high.. And I really hate when I end up with 600kcal at 5 or 6pm when I normally stop eating at 6pm. I need planning!! /reminder o self

I get green with envy whenever I see my friends of my age indulging in food that I shun so badly. It's partly my fault restricting my body in the past, guess i'm facing the effects.. But I believe juddd heals and forgives!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
watching along. *still in the early stages but definitely not losing. *I was super low carb yesterday and am low carb today. *I'm hoping for a drop, but I'm not sure that's in the cards. *I don't want to tweak my numbers until after two weeks.

I considered having someone muscle test me for my caloric needs on UD and DD to see where I fell, but I'm too much of a skeptic. *

I've seen it work, I know it can, I just have a hard time believing it will for me! *Meh, maybe I'll just do it for fun to see what I come up with.
Aw dear I hope it works soon for you too! I know how frustrating it is. Stepping on the scale hoping to see a loss after hearing so much wonderful stories and faced with nothing. But hang on! Maybe there's other factors that plays in.*

I would love to get tested too! Hahaha. Although it sounds tad scary.*

I had and have problem believing it will work for me too but I'm learning to trust! Positive energy ya? *
Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Should I decrease my dd to get a bigger calorie difference or keep it at 500? I used to eat around 200-300 but increased to 500 for 2dds..
Old 05-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Maybe keep it at 500 for a couple weeks, see if that makes a difference? I think it takes at least 2 weeks to be sure if any change you make is helping (and not just coincidence or hormones, lol).
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DcKisses, Trust the pirate!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Should I decrease my dd to get a bigger calorie difference or keep it at 500? I used to eat around 200-300 but increased to 500 for 2dds..
I'd leave them at 500. If you do 1700-1800 on an UD, that is a wide enough spread to get the healing effects.

aarosali--since you are seeing losses right now, even though slow, I would leave your numbers as is for another 2 weeks and see how it goes. Changing too much just gets confusing, as you might be on the verge of the new change really helping, and then you switch again.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Maybe keep it at 500 for a couple weeks, see if that makes a difference? I think it takes at least 2 weeks to be sure if any change you make is helping (and not just coincidence or hormones, lol).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I'd leave them at 500. If you do 1700-1800 on an UD, that is a wide enough spread to get the healing effects. *
Thanks piratejenny and tina! I'll definitely take your advices! I've been eating 1700-1800 on my UDs and in fact I don't know why can't get my DDs up to 500. But I'll work on that!*

Will update on my progress soon! Hopefully there's good news!! Trust is key, /reminds self.*

Quote:
Yes!! )
Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes. It's hard especially after years of careful eating/dieting emphasising on low cal low cal. Suddenly this wonderful WOE tells you eat more to lose weight, it comes as a shock.*

Oh I see.. Did you combine low carb/lower carb along that helps?*

Yes. Trusting is key, I know it now! I guess my metabolism needs time to heal. I ought to look at long term goals and benefits instead!*
I do eat relative low carb (most of the time), but if you don't have any allergies or health issues affected by carbs or any type of food, you should be able to lose just fine eating high carb or whatever you like. Knowing that you can eat whatever you enjoy is a really helpful part of this woe. Looks like you've gotten some good advice. Let us know how things go. Trust in JUDDD and be kind to your body!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
thank you, thank you!

This week I lost a bit of weight....finally!!!!
I think l-glutamine is making all the difference.
I bought a 1lb jar of powder (not capsules).
I take 1 dose (5g/1tsp, mixed into plain water) before bed and wake up not too hungry.
Then I take another dose in the morning before breakfast and sip on another dose or two throughout the day.

This is so effective at reducing my hunger that I've been doing more of a Fast 5 thing than straight JUDDD; I think if I wanted to have breakfast, or a regular UD, I'd need to skip one or two of the early doses!

Also, it seems to be helping with my blood glucose issues (the reason I originally bought it), without making me shaky & weak like cinnamon does.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 05-14-2012 at 12:59 PM..
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
I don't know why it's taken me this long to join this thread. Wednesday will be 2 months I've been back on JUDDD and I've only managed to lose 8 lbs. I only tracked my UD cals for a couple days after seeing I was far below where I needed to be (1930). I've got my DD menu ingrained in my head, so I don't have to track those any more. But the UD's are going to have to be tracked again so I'll eat enough.

Here's some irony that dawned on me this morning. Today is an UD for me. So, I gathered sustinence for the day and tracked the calories. Thought I'll probably be pushing it and have to watch it after I get home. I was barely over 500! I got to thinking, why are the DD calories so scary when trying to get them in on an UD is equally hard??? It seems like those DD 500 calories are precious and you have to really watch it sometimes. But I have an almost harder time getting up to 500 on an UD. I hope I'm making sense and someone can see the irony I speak of.

Thank goodness, DD's no longer scare me and are almost welcomed since it's tough to get enough food in on an UD!!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I do eat relative low carb (most of the time), but if you don't have any allergies or health issues affected by carbs or any type of food, you should be able to lose just fine eating high carb or whatever you like. *Knowing that you can eat whatever you enjoy is a really helpful part of this woe. Looks like you've gotten some good advice. *Let us know how things go. *Trust in JUDDD and be kind to your body!
Sure, I will! I don't have any allergies and issues with carbs though. Although I don't eat rice or noodles for my meals.. The only times I do is when I eat out and have no choice. If not I get my carbs from fruits, veg and maybe couple tidbits cookies ect.*

Yeah the beauty of this is that it's u restrictive that it doesn't feel like a diet! *Even DDs feels like a "detox" or a "guilt cleanser" after an UD. Heehee.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I don't know why it's taken me this long to join this thread. *Wednesday will be 2 months I've been back on JUDDD and I've only managed to lose 8 lbs. *I only tracked my UD cals for a couple days after seeing I was far below where I needed to be (1930). *I've got my DD menu ingrained in my head, so I don't have to track those any more. *But the UD's are going to have to be tracked again so I'll eat enough.

Here's some irony that dawned on me this morning. *Today is an UD for me. *So, I gathered sustinence for the day and tracked the calories. *Thought I'll probably be pushing it and have to watch it after I get home. *I was barely over 500! *I got to thinking, why are the DD calories so scary when trying to get them in on an UD is equally hard??? *It seems like those DD 500 calories are precious and you have to really watch it sometimes. *But I have an almost harder time getting up to 500 on an UD. *I hope I'm making sense and someone can see the irony I speak of.

Thank goodness, DD's no longer scare me and are almost welcomed since it's tough to get enough food in on an UD!!
8lbs in 2 month is quite well done! 1lb per week! Well compared to other big losers it seems insignificant but it's really worth a celebration IMO. A move in the right direction of the scale! Woohoo!*

I know how you feel!! Hahaha I get so accustomed about saving calories I try to delay breakfast on UDs.. Scrimp and save thinking I don't have enough.. Maybe I'd like to splurge on this or that at the later part of the day.. But by late afternoon I'd be vexed when I realise I have ~1000 left.. Planning is key and counting calories is essential! While some people tend to underestimate calories, some becom so mindful and careful of them due to DDs we overestimate how much they're eating!*
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh!! Is it working???
I'm trying not to get my hopes high, but I can't help it!!! Have to share my little joy.

{JUDDDD}
date-mode-(weight)-calories
29/3-U-1400
30/3-D-400

4/5-M-900
5/5-M-1150
6/5-D-(50.5)-200
7/5-U-(50)-1600
9/5-U-(49.5)-1700
10/5-D-(50.5)-400
11/5-U-(49.5)-1700
12/5-D-(Idk)-400
13/5-U-(49.5)-1800
14/5-D-(50)-400
15/5-U-(49) <considering I was really low low low on sugar last night I felt I couldn't take it anymore so I ate 1 large huge guava at night couple hours before bed, it must have weighed 400g? Lesson learnt, don't ignore dd hunger in the evening esp if I haven't ate up to my dd allocation>

IT'S MOVING DOWNNN!!! /dances
Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Slow is the word for me.

177 lbs for a month. It did dip down two pounds in April but since then - nothing. Plus I've been super good and DDs are much less painful so I assume my gene magic is working.

I had a bad Sunday and over ate by 200 cals or so on ice cream - so lots of sugar. So even after a brilliant DD I am still up at 177. No loss at all. I'm trying Dukan (lean protein only) with the rotation and if I don't want up to my UD cals I won't eat them. Hopefully the low carb water whoosh will happen and I can maintain it on JUDDD.

I really do want to stick to JUDDD. I'm sure it helps you keep healthy and happy and it does mean I can eat nice meals and maintain - perhaps even lose at a very slow weight. The trouble is I need to be losing fast until July. I have an important occasion to attend and to still be at any weight over 12 stone would just be too sad. So I'm aiming for 8/9 pounds loss in 7 weeks. That's way more than I've achieved lately.

I don't mind low carb for the 7 weeks. I shall miss my bread and joining in with family feasts but I really need to see some progress.

Sorry to be negative on JUDDD but it really does seem to be a slow method for a lot of us, especially if we have less to lose.

Last edited by stargazer; 05-15-2012 at 06:35 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #85
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
I have been following this thread with great interest-I have been floating around the 170-172 range for over two months now, generally I eat around 550 calories on my down days and between 1400-1700 calories on my up days. I work out hard three days a week-for over 180 minutes each of those days and on two additional days I do about 50 minute workouts-just walking or stationary bike. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to get the scale to drop a bit-I am SO dying to see those 160's-it has been my monthly goal for the past two months and I did hope to actually finally make it this month LOL~~

JUDDD 3/18/12 180 pounds 6/27 166 9/17 161

Link to my photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnjc
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
8lbs in 2 month is quite well done! 1lb per week! Well compared to other big losers it seems insignificant but it's really worth a celebration IMO. A move in the right direction of the scale! Woohoo!*

I know how you feel!! Hahaha I get so accustomed about saving calories I try to delay breakfast on UDs.. Scrimp and save thinking I don't have enough.. Maybe I'd like to splurge on this or that at the later part of the day.. But by late afternoon I'd be vexed when I realise I have ~1000 left.. Planning is key and counting calories is essential! While some people tend to underestimate calories, some becom so mindful and careful of them due to DDs we overestimate how much they're eating!*
That is true! Glad you understand about those calorie things. Yesterday when I got home from work, I still had 1000 calories to burn. What a problem!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
177 lbs for a month. I don't mind low carb for the 7 weeks. I shall miss my bread and joining in with family feasts but I really need to see some progress.

Sorry to be negative on JUDDD but it really does seem to be a slow method for a lot of us, especially if we have less to lose.
Whoa, I misread that and thought, wow I want what you're having! JUDDD does, indeed, seem to be slow for some and fast for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnjp View Post
I have been following this thread with great interest-I have been floating around the 170-172 range for over two months now, generally I eat around 550 calories on my down days and between 1400-1700 calories on my up days. I work out hard three days a week-for over 180 minutes each of those days and on two additional days I do about 50 minute workouts-just walking or stationary bike. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to get the scale to drop a bit-I am SO dying to see those 160's-it has been my monthly goal for the past two months and I did hope to actually finally make it this month LOL~~
I don't know what your UD calories are by the calculator, but maybe make sure you're eating up to them? Or lower your DD calories to 500. It may be that you're not giving enough distance between the two days to fool the body.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
It is easier for me to stay on JUDD. I thought I could try Dukan but eating just protein and yogurt everyday is getting very tiresome. For some reason just not eating is easier than constantly having to "plan" the next meal. That said, it is also a fact that I lose better restricting my calories to less than 1200 avg. and I always keep my carbs at 60-100. That I can do. So, tomorrow is a DD. Bring it on!!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
I've gone an entire month ending exactly where I started. Yes, I'm a slow loser. My goal is 4 pounds a month, and I'm grateful to have it.

I've found bloat to be a major issue with me, even when low carbing, sometimes my body will hold on to water for over a week, and I'll have the scale hover around one weight for two weeks, then I will drop two or three pounds right afterward.

Then it stabilizes again. I can only assume my body is fighting my weight loss with every nasty trick in the book. Sometimes I'm ravenous, other times I'm craving sweets, and other times I'm cold and cranky and sick of dieting. It all passes eventually. It's even messing with my sleep patterns.

IMHO, JUDDD works unless there's an illness, medication or food allergy lurking in the shadows.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DCKisses, that sure looks like it could be a trend

Vanilla, a slow-n-steady pound a week sounds very good to me!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Day three of Dukan/JUDDD. Yesterday I got really hungry in the evening but still managed to stay under 1300 cals and all protein.

176 is SO close now. Practically just a wiggle on the scales. One more day and perhaps I can see my next mini goal?