Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Well, this might sound immature, but I don't think it's a downer when people "confess" because then I don't feel so bad about my mess-ups!!!

When everyone just talks & talks about how awesome they are doing, and about how little they ate on their DD, I just want to cry and beat my head on the desk.

I don't mean that I gloat over anyone's failures but I feel more supported and more camaraderie when there are a few of us going along at the same pace (instead of feeling like I'm running all alone when everyone else has finished the race hours ago and is at the party without me! yes i know they say it's not a race but there ARE people who have lost 50lbs since January and I think I have lost 8, regained 5, re-lost .4...I do feel inadequate/left behind, it doesn't matter what anyone says. )

We you, Vanilla, and I hope you are feeling better!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hey 'Nilla Killa and pj, I'm glad you do come to throw your daily "whatevers" in. Good, bad, and not so pretty.
'Nilla, I know it's been said a hundred times, but over my twenty years in practice, I knew a LOT of women who spent months and months and months frustrated at what they saw as lack of progress after surgery. I think it takes way longer than we assume. What amazes me is that you plug away with good eating. Great lesson for me. Historically, when I'm frustrated, I become self-destructive in a nanosecond. So I find you totally inspiring.
PJ what makes me smack my head is the people who can't get up to their DD calories. I can eat those calories while my breakfast is cooking. I mean it. And I'm now four months into "the amazing appetite suppression" of Juddd. Today is my third UD in a row (with DDs in between, I mean) sticking to my calorie limit. I feel like a superhero. So yeah, I lost the weight I wanted to, and yeah, I LOVE JUDDD, but I'm learning as much about it all now as I was in week one.
I adore hearing the sticky points we all experience. Makes me understand we're in it together.
(if that's too cheery, just swear at me. I can take it and continue to beam you love and faster freakin' results.)
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
PirateJenny, I know what you mean. I used to get so frustrated on the main LC forum, with people saying-I love LC, I never feel deprived, I never want carbs, blah, blah, blah. I wanted to hear from other people that would sell their first born for a piece of birthday cake, lol. So hearing about other JUDDD BUDDDs that are having a rough time helps me not feel so bad. Of course, it would be even better if we could all drop 50lbs with no effort!
My month JUDDD anniversary is Sunday. So far I've dropped 2lbs. Hopefully now that I've got my carb cravings under control that will move a little faster.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: toomuchbooty
Vanilla- Thanks for the hug! Tired but no cramping today!

Pirate Jenny- I'm with you, it's nice to know you are not the only one struggling!
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #275

What miracle is this?! Another 1.2lbs down overnight! Thank you universe!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
When everyone just talks & talks about how awesome they are doing, and about how little they ate on their DD, I just want to cry and beat my head on the desk.
This made me giggle because I can totally relate. My appetite suppression seems to have dwindled lately, and honestly, I'm happily pootling along, but I rarely have a DD where I feel like I'm flying and could survive on endorphins and lemon water all day.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Gawd I love this thread. As a frustrated -turtle -slow- loser I find it very inspiring and helpful to talk to and with my own peeps! I am so happy for those who lose quickly but the green monster does rear its ugly head every time I see those pounds just roll off of them like its nothing while I/we plug along every day fighting the fight for very little and sometimes no progress. The universe is definitely not fair but I am glad I can share my frustrations with you all here and celebrate together when we do get those small victories that mean so much.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Love this..

You're all right! I think everyone has their days. Some days I feel great, not hungry and others watch out! I'll eat whatever doesn't eat me first. lol. I was doing so well, had a little break, and I'm trying to get back on track. I really need to get groceries, that would probably help
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I certainly understand the tendency and since I'm a psychologist can honestly tell you that its mostly bluff There are of course outliers but people tend to only post successes or victories and not defeats. If they are defeated they certainly don't post it for the world to see, they quickly slink into non-internet forum oblivion.

The concept always makes me think of a delightful article I read about facebook and how it has been linked to depression because it makes everyone else's life look so much more interesting than yours. There are mostly only positive stories, and there is no "dislike" button which subliminally suggests that they can only post conversation that is uplifting. Aka I "like" that your dog died today

I find I have begun to shy away from things like that because as childish as it is, sometimes there and on forums of a celebratory nature I feel like there was some massive party and I missed it and am just now seeing the pictures So complain all you will, and we will complain in return and it may not be pretty, but at least its real

and on a note of honesty: I have started to have a few DD's where I drink wine or whatever and its awesome and then the next one I feel like a starving dog and claw my way to the finish line, not always under calories or in one piece.

Oh and since we are complaining, I find if I eat breakfast on my DD's I want to eat all these glorious things all day but my calories won't allow for it so I'm in a semi-state of UD deprivation every UD unless I fast until noon. See, no one really has it that easy but this WOE is still better than any other I've found and you guys rock too

Last edited by brewstate; 08-11-2012 at 04:40 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Wow, I wished I'd popped back in on Saturday! I usually don't on the weekends as I try to take a break from computing and we're usually busy.

I could give all of y'all a big ol' hug ! I all of you, too, and Kristin thanks for the awesome encouragement!! To be inspiring to someone despite my dismall lack of success on this (right now) is very uplifting. All of you have no idea what you mean to me - seriously.

I decided to get things that I can keep a simple calorie count during the week and put it in the little iPhone app I have as I go through the day. I will continue to keep my rotation such that Saturday is my UD and not worry with counting calories on that day. I will try my utmost to keep track of my calories on all other days.

So glad venting here is so totally accepted, because it certainly makes me feel even more at home with my fellow turtles.

Love you guys!!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #281

How is everyone doing? I'm totally stuck on the scale...no movement in either direction. I'm sticking it out though.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
My goal now is one pound per month and I haven't made my pound for August yet BUT I usually bounce around for several weeks then go down a bit at the end of the month so I am good.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #283

I guess someone heard me whining, down 1.2lbs today!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Nice whoosh toomuchbooty. I am bouncing around the same 5 pounds lost this month which would be great except I was hoping to make up for July which was a total bust (1 pound gain) even though I was totally on program. Set my expectations too high probably. Maybe I'll eek out another pound or two before month end. Crossing fingers, toes, eyes and everything else.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I certainly understand the tendency and since I'm a psychologist can honestly tell you that its mostly bluff There are of course outliers but people tend to only post successes or victories and not defeats. If they are defeated they certainly don't post it for the world to see, they quickly slink into non-internet forum oblivion.

The concept always makes me think of a delightful article I read about facebook and how it has been linked to depression because it makes everyone else's life look so much more interesting than yours. There are mostly only positive stories, and there is no "dislike" button which subliminally suggests that they can only post conversation that is uplifting. Aka I "like" that your dog died today

I find I have begun to shy away from things like that because as childish as it is, sometimes there and on forums of a celebratory nature I feel like there was some massive party and I missed it and am just now seeing the pictures So complain all you will, and we will complain in return and it may not be pretty, but at least its real

and on a note of honesty: I have started to have a few DD's where I drink wine or whatever and its awesome and then the next one I feel like a starving dog and claw my way to the finish line, not always under calories or in one piece.

Oh and since we are complaining, I find if I eat breakfast on my DD's I want to eat all these glorious things all day but my calories won't allow for it so I'm in a semi-state of UD deprivation every UD unless I fast until noon. See, no one really has it that easy but this WOE is still better than any other I've found and you guys rock too
I love this! Especially the analogy to facebook. I have a niece who posts everything about her life. It is uncanny, because I assume that she would want to leave something to the imagination? She is young (25) and has had a tough go of it. Anyway, I dread pulling up fb because of the fact that it makes me concerned or worried to see all that she reveals. She posts many negative (no holding back) posts about her coworkers as well. Blunt is an understatement. It is almost as if we are seeing her thoughts as they conceive.
However, here on our forum, I need the honesty and I need to know that I am not the only one struggling. It is what makes JUDDD workable when the going gets rough.

Oh, and about the wine... I re-introduced wine on my UD yesterday and woke up stark raving ravenous this morning. I am not sure if this would happen with all forms of alcohol? It tells me that I must be prepared for the after effects, if I indulge.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 08-25-2012 at 11:10 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I decided to get things that I can keep a simple calorie count during the week and put it in the little iPhone app I have as I go through the day. I will continue to keep my rotation such that Saturday is my UD and not worry with counting calories on that day. I will try my utmost to keep track of my calories on all other days.

So glad venting here is so totally accepted, because it certainly makes me feel even more at home with my fellow turtles.

Love you guys!!
Sweet Nilla.

Hope things are going well today! I can't remember where you posted, but I remember seeing one post where you stated that you were still struggling and I just want to tell you that I feel as if we are one and the same. One thing that has truly helped me even though the weight seems to stall for so long, is the video on Fasting by BBC. YamYam posted it on the "Benefits of Fasting" thread. It is stock full of so many good important tidbits about the benefits of fasting that it makes me realize even if I were to try another plan to move my losses or break my stall, I think I will always come right back to ADF. The youthful gene is something that I wish to have even when I can't lose weight.

LOL! I don't know if this makes sense??? I haven't resigned that I won't make my goal, but I know that it is not happening for me in the timeframe that I once believed I would.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Sigh. I had a nice whoosh 2 weeks ago and got down to 180. Then I had 4 pieces of pizza last Saturday and I'm still fighting to lose the weight from that. I jumped up to 184 and as of this morning I'm at 182. 182-184 is a set point for me, my body just loves to be at that weight. And yesterday I had an UUAD so it may bounce up again tomorrow. DD today and I'm going to do 500 (usually 600) if it kills me.
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Cat View Post
Sigh. I had a nice whoosh 2 weeks ago and got down to 180. Then I had 4 pieces of pizza last Saturday and I'm still fighting to lose the weight from that. I jumped up to 184 and as of this morning I'm at 182. 182-184 is a set point for me, my body just loves to be at that weight. And yesterday I had an UUAD so it may bounce up again tomorrow. DD today and I'm going to do 500 (usually 600) if it kills me.
I am at a set point as well! Wondering if it is truly a weight that I stayed at for a period? I am hoping not, but it is weird how it is clinging for dear life to this weight.

I am fearful of pizza & chips for the same reason that you just claimed. I have allowed it a couple of times and have to fight like mad to gain my ground afterwards. It may be the wheat? I am not certain what it is?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I am at a set point as well! Wondering if it is truly a weight that I stayed at for a period? I am hoping not, but it is weird how it is clinging for dear life to this weight.

I am fearful of pizza & chips for the same reason that you just claimed. I have allowed it a couple of times and have to fight like mad to gain my ground afterwards. It may be the wheat? I am not certain what it is?
White bread & pizza crust really cause me problems. My digestive track still isn't back to normal after last weekend. For some odd reason, bagels & english muffins aren't a problem. But I'm skipping all grains for the next 3 or 4 days to see if that helps settle things down. My DD are always grain free, I just need to work on the UD.
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Sweet Nilla.

Hope things are going well today! I can't remember where you posted, but I remember seeing one post where you stated that you were still struggling and I just want to tell you that I feel as if we are one and the same. One thing that has truly helped me even though the weight seems to stall for so long, is the video on Fasting by BBC. YamYam posted it on the "Benefits of Fasting" thread. It is stock full of so many good important tidbits about the benefits of fasting that it makes me realize even if I were to try another plan to move my losses or break my stall, I think I will always come right back to ADF. The youthful gene is something that I wish to have even when I can't lose weight.

LOL! I don't know if this makes sense??? I haven't resigned that I won't make my goal, but I know that it is not happening for me in the timeframe that I once believed I would.
Yes, it makes sense!! I haven't watched the videos, but have read enough to know there are many benefits. I blew my DD on Friday (not bad, but still) and decided I was going to not worry about anything on the weekend and start fresh today. I'm tired of whining and know there's nothing anyone can do really, but it sure helps to vent!!

I know my body is still healing, but I think it should be healed enough to be able to get back to losing weight. Why it can't use all this stored "energy" to continue healing is beyond me!

I know we can do this. Even if it's at a turtle's pace!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
HUGS to all~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Somebody help me. Had another great weekend, ate within rotations and finished a DD of 250 cals and a 5 mile walk with a 3 pound gain!!! Yes, you read that right. 3 pound gain after a perfect DD. I avoided wine and all alcohol this weekend to test that theory but it apparently made no difference. I did have a few restaurant meals where I counted everything as best I could. Could it be salt in the restaurant food? I always overestimate calories when I eat out (often on weekends) but the weekends always bring gains no matter how good I am and how much I exercise. Not feeling any loses in my clothes either so I don't think it is a matter of scale lies. I just don't think I am losing on this plan. AAAArrrrgh. I don't know what to tweak. I am about to finish 2 months of on plan eating and exercise for a total of 2 pounds total loss. I am ready to cry or hit something - maybe both! I still have 50+ pound to lose. A pound or a couple of pounds a month just isn't going to cut it and it does seem insane to keep trying the same thing that clearly isn't working. Where would you go from here?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Trying, oh, I'm so sorry for your frustration!
And I'm probably going to pitch in stuff you've tried already, but I can't remember your details. Sorry for going over what may be old ground.
Here's the stuff that occurs to me:
1. All fake sugars seem to stall me.
2. Ditto for processed carbs, though to be fair, that may only be because they make me nutso with cravings and I eat more in response.
3. Grains are stallers for me. Don't know if it's all of them.
4. Lastly, I'm starting to think the timing of my eating matters a lot. Haven't worked it all out yet, but provided my DDs aren't too low, my body seems to prefer narrow eating windows, say 4 hours or so. I seem to stall when I spread the calories out. Some people here are the opposite.

I'm looking forward to you discovering your answer. First, because I'm sure there is one and I'll be happy to see you happy. Second, because it'll add to our knowledge here and help everybody.
All the best.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #294
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Somebody help me. Had another great weekend, ate within rotations and finished a DD of 250 cals and a 5 mile walk with a 3 pound gain!!! Yes, you read that right. 3 pound gain after a perfect DD. I avoided wine and all alcohol this weekend to test that theory but it apparently made no difference. I did have a few restaurant meals where I counted everything as best I could. Could it be salt in the restaurant food? I always overestimate calories when I eat out (often on weekends) but the weekends always bring gains no matter how good I am and how much I exercise. Not feeling any loses in my clothes either so I don't think it is a matter of scale lies. I just don't think I am losing on this plan. AAAArrrrgh. I don't know what to tweak. I am about to finish 2 months of on plan eating and exercise for a total of 2 pounds total loss. I am ready to cry or hit something - maybe both! I still have 50+ pound to lose. A pound or a couple of pounds a month just isn't going to cut it and it does seem insane to keep trying the same thing that clearly isn't working. Where would you go from here?

My gains or losses never show up the next day. It is a 2 to 3 day lapse so look backward a tad and see what you had then.

I have been reading lately that too much exercise can cause enough stress in our bodies that we do not lose. Not sure how much exercise you are talking about. Just an idea to ponder.

Looking back at my progress, I was slow, slower and slowest in the weightloss category BUT I stayed the course and am getting close to my lowered goal weight so even at 2 pounds you are making progress. Maybe there is more healing going on than you anticipated also.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks all for the suggestions. In 5 months of Juddding I have lost about 20 pounds so less than a pound a week but still moving BUT the last two months have been awful. July was a net 1 pound gain which I attributed to TOM which came after a 3 month hiatus (perimenopause). Not sure what to blame August on - right after TOM left I quickly lost about 4 pounds and was ecstatic then have spent the rest of August gaining and losing the same 4-5 pound back and forth. I can't seem to get any sustained downward momentum. I know part of the problem is my wacky hormones as LC stopped working for me in the last year or so as well. But I can't sit by for years waiting for my body to get back to even keel. I do exercise 3-4 times a week but nothing crazy. Long walks or an hour of callanetics.

JoyJoy - I don't eat fake sugars except in diet drinks. I cut out diet soda for a number of weeks and it didn't seem to make a difference. I do eat carbs now - one of the real benefits of Juddd IMO but I sort of thought why not since going totally LC didn't work for me anymore anyway. maybe the LC and Juddd combination is what I need? ugh. I wonder if I could try LC Juddd 6 days a week and allow carbs on my UD weekend day. Or maybe try the 5:2 plan but make it LC??? I just don't know.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Someone just told me ibuprofen was very high in sodium and made them retain water like mad. I had a minor surgery on Friday (a bump removal on my leg) and have been popping ibuprofen for the discomfort. ?????
Old 08-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

This level of emotion feels very hormonal. I wonder if TOM is near? These days I can't tell when or if.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #298

My period total stalls my weight loss, super frustrating. Now that I have a mirena iud, I expect other stalls and potential issues.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
1) As a frequent eater-outer, I have gotten in the habit of figuring calories then adding half again. For some restaurants DH loves, I double the calories I figure or they say. It all depends on how my weight reacts after eating there a few times.

Depending on the restaurant, there seems to be a heck of a lot of salt/sugar/fat calories lurking out there. Even something simple like grilled fish and broccoli - when I fix it at home I lose or hold steady, when I eat it in a restaurant I frequently bounce up. There have been times I thought about accompanying DH for companionship and nibbling a naked salad (for the record, I have never actually done that...yet gobble gobble).

2) Perimenopause/menopause played havoc with my body. For about a year in there the best I could do was try to not gain. Fortunately, for me weight loss became much easier once the hormonal tides stopped surging.

3) I did an internet search on 'ibuprofen weight gain'. There are a lot of anecdotal reports from people who gained when taking it regularly....and a lot who did not. This seems to be a 'your individual metabolism' thing.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 08-28-2012 at 03:14 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post

My gains or losses never show up the next day. It is a 2 to 3 day lapse so look backward a tad and see what you had then.
I think this is true for more people than we know, me included.
A lot of people eat off their food plan (whatever it is) see a loss (or no gain) the next day and think they got away with the off-plan-ness, then the scale goes up up up two or three days later and may stay up for days.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote