Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Attitude Adjustment Underway . . . (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770516-attitude-adjustment-underway.html)

KeirasMom 05-04-2012 12:43 PM

Attitude Adjustment Underway . . .

I have really been in a blue mood the last couple of weeks, and I decided this morning that it's time to put on my big girl pants and change my attitude. I found some quotes I think may help. Feel free to add your own, if you'd like.

"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." ~William James

"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think." ~Benjamin Disraeli

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." ~Mahatma Gandhi

"Your attitude is either the lock on, or the key to, the door of success." ~Denis Waitley

"The most unknown, unused and unrecognised tool of the human mind, is the recognition that attitude is always a choice." ~Mark Horton

Unrelated, but I like it anyway: "It takes a smart person to have the last word and not use it." ~Author Unknown

Alcestis 05-04-2012 01:18 PM

"Don't should on yourself!" Anon.

Kissa 05-04-2012 01:19 PM

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. Groucho Marx

Dottie 05-04-2012 01:20 PM

:clap:
I don't change, I need direction!

sterlinggirl 05-04-2012 01:40 PM

"If you always do.... what you have always done.... you will always get... what you have always got.~

zipp2play 05-04-2012 01:58 PM

:goodpost:

Tricialy 05-04-2012 02:01 PM

I saw this on Pinterest - not sue who said it but . . .

Being fat is hard, exercising is hard, dieting is hard - choose your hard.

So true, when I want to eat more than I should - I think about how miserable I was for all the years I was overweight.

Kissa 05-04-2012 02:05 PM

Tricialy I used to have that in my siggie.

Yam-Yam 05-04-2012 02:07 PM

Only challenges cause growth; every challenge we face creates a more skillful self. - Steve Chandler

ellgee 05-04-2012 02:19 PM

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

sunday 05-04-2012 02:29 PM

"People tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you're fortunate. But happiness is the result of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly. " -- Elizabeth Gilbert, "Eat, Pray, Love"

sorenkkg 05-04-2012 02:45 PM

Fake it till you make it! :D

(I sometimes do that "smile for 10 full seconds" thing, and I always, always! feel better after... sometimes you can lead with the physical and the mental will follow).

Oh hey! I just made that up! That's a good one! :up:

Soren

sunday 05-04-2012 02:50 PM

"You got to start wearing your wishbone where you backbone ought to be."

--"Eat, Pray, Love"

sunday 05-04-2012 02:52 PM

"I can't tell if it is killing me or making me stronger." :lol: :p

Sheridan 05-04-2012 04:03 PM

No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Unknown

ellgee 05-04-2012 04:18 PM

It is always darkest before the dawn.

KeirasMom 05-04-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee (Post 15632724)
It is always darkest before the dawn.

That one's surely appropriate! :hyst:

PixieKGirl 05-04-2012 04:35 PM

Misery loves company...................OH WAIT! I'm supposed to have motivational quotes. No quotes but honestly, you've been a huge help in my kidney issues and I really appreciate the "internet" support.

I think you are awesome!!! (and pretty da** funny!!!)

melisa82 05-04-2012 04:38 PM

Some of my very favorite quotes!

*We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. -Aristotle

*The best way out is always through. -Robert Frost

*He who hesitates is lost. -Proverb

*To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.
-Albert Camus

*Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

*Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. -Buddha

*Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. -Buddha

*No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Buddha

*The mind is everything. What you think you become.
-Buddha

*Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering - an image of death. *Buddha

KeirasMom 05-04-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melisa82 (Post 15632757)
Some of my very favorite quotes!

*Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. -Buddha

I absolutely love this one. :high5:

KeirasMom 05-04-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieKGirl (Post 15632750)
Misery loves company...................OH WAIT! I'm supposed to have motivational quotes. No quotes but honestly, you've been a huge help in my kidney issues and I really appreciate the "internet" support.

I think you are awesome!!! (and pretty da** funny!!!)

I live that quote. Oh wait, that's what I'm trying to change. :laugh:

You're awesome and a hoot yourself. Margaritas in Vegas! Or just straight shots of tequila. Tomayto, tomahto.

Joyjoy 05-04-2012 04:52 PM

What makes you happy makes you well.
Practice instant forgiveness.
What you run from follows you.
Love wins.
Be bwave. Be vewy, vewy bwave.
The quality of my life is determined by the quality of my questions.

Kristin:heart:

Galveston Gal 05-04-2012 04:53 PM

I LOVE ONE LINERS!!!:jumpjoy:....:shake:

The plaque on the wall above my desk in my office:

Happiness is found in the Journey
Not at the destination

:love:

sunday 05-04-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15632554)
"You got to start wearing your wishbone where you backbone ought to be."

--"Eat, Pray, Love"

:lol::lol::lol:

That should have read...

"You got to stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be."

:rofl:

b_lou_who 05-04-2012 07:06 PM

Do or do not, there is no try - yoda

Happy star wars day btw

BirdieNell 05-04-2012 07:59 PM

If not now, when? If not me, who?

Kissa 05-05-2012 12:37 AM

How you doing now Dawn?

gotsomeold 05-05-2012 01:27 AM

"It must be a full moon, all the lunatics are out tonight."

:cool: Everyone enjoy the super moon Saturday night!

And, if you believe gravitational & ionospheric disruptions can affect the human brain, expect to start cheering up in a few days.

KeirasMom 05-05-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15633257)
How you doing now Dawn?

:D

MintQ8 05-05-2012 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I need this today!!

I loved this quote for work and my personal life - but it's also really true for our weight loss journeys!!! I know for one - I only tend to celebrate my success!!!