Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Will JUDDDD work for everyone? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770476-will-judddd-work-everyone.html)

Dckisses 05-04-2012 05:54 AM

Will JUDDDD work for everyone?

Will it? Be it young or old, lots to lose or not..

Will it backfire?

Sorry for the doubts :( its just hard to keep the faith when it's failing on you but yet encouraged by the success stories around you. It's really confusing..

KathyL 05-04-2012 06:00 AM

Honestly, I don't think there is any one way that works for everybody. I've seen it over and over again, one person loses fantastically doing xyz and another fails. And what works at one age may not work so well when you are older...and I imagine the reverse could be true. Each method seems to have its science behind it but not all bodies respond the same way. Just my two cents.

sterlinggirl 05-04-2012 06:02 AM

:hugs: I think every person has a woe that works for them.. IE I know with out a doubt that low carb folks have made it work and lost lots and some even have kept it off.. but for me.. it did not work.. that woe was not somthing i could work,, i tryed several times due to i wanted to lose so badly:hugs: So to answer your question i think it is a plan that "should" work for all.. but perhaps like me and the Atkins way which didnt work.. this woe could possibly not work for some.. Just my thoughts on this.. not to discourage.. i really want to be supportive..:hugs: But you have a valid question and this was the answer i came up with.:heart:

MintQ8 05-04-2012 07:59 AM

I think it can.

Becky 05-04-2012 10:21 AM

Nothing works for everyone in my experience.

Curvesgal 05-04-2012 10:41 AM

We are all different and you won't know until you try.

Kissa 05-04-2012 11:04 AM

I am a believer.

But I do know a few folks have really given it their best shot and found it wasn't for them.

The old adage holds, YYMV.

Yam-Yam 05-04-2012 11:43 AM

I'm sort of thinking it depends on what "works" means. Does it mean can every person "make it work" for them??

I think so because JUDD is just a rotation of whatever foods you choose to eat. So if counting points on WW works, you just eat less points one day and more the next and try to choose more WW power foods.

If LC or VLC, Atkins, Dukan, Stillman whatever works for you, you can do it the JUDD way and it will probably work even better.

Here's the thing though, some people can't work the plan because they can't or don't want to count calories. Especially on UDs. Or some have said they have binge issues and feel the UD freedom triggers those.

If you can work it, it will work for you. For some (I was thinking of Leo who lost a lot of weight doing JUDD) they have to tweak the calories and cannot just take what the calculator says. She had to lower her UD calories because of a doctor diagnosed metabolic disorder if I recall correctly. But, she worked it out, experimented, figured it out and the JUDD rotations worked for her.

I feel like encouraging everyone to never give up looking for what is going on their bodies. During menopause, my hormones were whacked out and I seriously injured my back so I could not work out like I used to. I chose not to do HRT but I knew what was causing my weight gain. I decided to never give up, keep trying and at the same time wait it out. Meaning, wait out the crazy change-of-life nonsense. I lost and regained the same 25 pounds 4 years in a row!

The more I read the more I learn. And I have learned that in addition to insulin resistance, some people can be Leptin resistant. Both of those make it really hard to control eating. People need to find out if that is their problem and try and get it fixed.

The beauty of JUDD is that there is scientific research coming out all the time about the validity of the SIRT1 gene, it's anti-aging effect, how it's activated by calorie restriction and how it's effective as a WL and fat burning tool. (I just saw a story about it on our local morning news yesterday).

A lot of people have found when JUDD was not working for them they came to the forum for help and got it. There are lots of success stories that didn't look like they would be in the very beginning. Because for some, it just takes longer for the rotations to do their magic. Or it takes longer for the appetite control to kick in or for people to get over the "OMG! I can have THAT?" mindset that causes them to gobble up too many calories.

Here's a big :hugs: I hope you find your perfect way! Don't give up, OK?

sterlinggirl 05-04-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15632138)
I'm sort of thinking it depends on what "works" means. Does it mean can every person "make it work" for them??

I think so because JUDD is just a rotation of whatever foods you choose to eat. So if counting points on WW works, you just eat less points one day and more the next and try to choose more WW power foods.

If LC or VLC, Atkins, Dukan, Stillman whatever works for you, you can do it the JUDD way and it will probably work even better.

Here's the thing though, some people can't work the plan because they can't or don't want to count calories. Especially on UDs. Or some have said they have binge issues and feel the UD freedom triggers those.

If you can work it, it will work for you. For some (I was thinking of Leo who lost a lot of weight doing JUDD) they have to tweak the calories and cannot just take what the calculator says. She had to lower her UD calories because of a doctor diagnosed metabolic disorder if I recall correctly. But, she worked it out, experimented, figured it out and the JUDD rotations worked for her.

I feel like encouraging everyone to never give up looking for what is going on their bodies. During menopause, my hormones were whacked out and I seriously injured my back so I could not work out like I used to. I chose not to do HRT but I knew what was causing my weight gain. I decided to never give up, keep trying and at the same time wait it out. Meaning, wait out the crazy change-of-life nonsense. I lost and regained the same 25 pounds 4 years in a row!

The more I read the more I learn. And I have learned that in addition to insulin resistance, some people can be Leptin resistant. Both of those make it really hard to control eating. People need to find out if that is their problem and try and get it fixed.

The beauty of JUDD is that there is scientific research coming out all the time about the validity of the SIRT1 gene, it's anti-aging effect, how it's activated by calorie restriction and how it's effective as a WL and fat burning tool. (I just saw a story about it on our local morning news yesterday).

A lot of people have found when JUDD was not working for them they came to the forum for help and got it. There are lots of success stories that didn't look like they would be in the very beginning. Because for some, it just takes longer for the rotations to do their magic. Or it takes longer for the appetite control to kick in or for people to get over the "OMG! I can have THAT?" mindset that causes them to gobble up too many calories.

Here's a big :hugs: I hope you find your perfect way! Don't give up, OK?

:goodpost:

Dckisses 05-04-2012 05:56 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind replies..

It's true that nothing works for everyone as our bodies are different but it should function primarily on similar basis right?

Yam-yam : Wow thank you thank you!! Your post is really encouraging and puts me to ease.. I won't give up, I don't want to give up either. :) Definitely I'll seek help from the forum, I'm so thankful I'm not in this alone!

gotsomeold 05-05-2012 02:13 AM

The only universal rule I know is JUDDD is not appropriate for Type 1 diabetics.

Some Type 2 diabetics really rock on JUDDD, but it can throw other Type 2s' blood sugar dangerously out of whack. Of course, all diabetics should approach any WOE with caution.

UDs can be too unrestricted and DDs can be too restrictive for some bingers. But other bingers find they are able to gain a huge amount of control by eating whatever they want within the DD/UD caloric limits. Of course, anyone who has trouble controlling their eating should approach any WOE with caution.

Age, other aspects of health, exercise levels, etc do not seem to have universal application. You can only know if JUDDD is right for you by giving it a serious try. But, frankly, JUDDD seems to promote extremely positive results in most people who do it.

SuzeQ 05-05-2012 06:20 PM

I agree with Yam-Yam. If you can work it, it will work for you. Settled on what she described as a combo, Dukan, Stillman's, JUDD. If I see progress will add veggies which turns it into the next Dukan phase, or even Atkins '72. It makes me laugh at how many of these diets are so alike. Ever onward!

Muffabuff 05-06-2012 02:00 AM

No one woe works for everyone. The important thing, I think, is to chose a woe and do it properly, by the numbers. This will give it the best chance of working.