Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Update after 8 weeks (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770432-update-after-8-weeks.html)

brehede 05-03-2012 03:03 PM

Update after 8 weeks

I have just finished my first 8 weeks on LC JUDDD and I love it!

I have not been overly strict (only 3 weekend DDs managed & a few FDs due to events & holidays) and I have still lost 14 pounds, 1.75 per week which I have never managed in the past without very strict calorie control. I currently have 500 - 600 cals on DD and don't count on UD (definitely having my min requirement!).

The trick for DDs for me is to put off eating as long as possible. I usually have a breakfast bar in the afternoon with coffee and then have a small late meal like soup etc. The freedom of UDs is amazing. I am keeping to fairly low carb both UD & DD because I feel good but I am open to trying a few more carbs in the future.

Thanks for all the great posts - hearing of everyone else's losses is so encouraging!

Dee

sdjade 05-03-2012 03:09 PM

Congratulations Dee, you are doing great! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I am the same way as you about putting off eating on DD. When starting out four weeks ago, I would hold off until around 11am and now I find myself not eating until about 3pm.

Kissa 05-03-2012 03:10 PM

Dee I am so delighted that things are working out so well for you.

You are doing such a great job, thanks for sharing this with everyone, I know how much the Newbies need to read this.

You too Jade!

KeirasMom 05-03-2012 03:16 PM

That's wonderful, and you seem so relaxed about it all! That's something most of (ahem, me) need to work on. WTG! :jumpjoy:

brehede 05-03-2012 03:29 PM

Thanks very much for the encouragement - it is like a miracle to me having struggled so long to find a WOE that feels normal! Even DDs feel normal in a strange way - I hardly notice now at work that I haven't eaten at lunch.

I am a bit jealous when I hear other losing 18 pounds in a month but I actually think that the loose way I am doing JUDDD helps to make it feel natural and not a strict diet. I also love the way a couple of good DDs will make up for most things!

Well done to you all also!

mayleesa 05-03-2012 05:28 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

heyjupiter 05-03-2012 06:04 PM

YAY!!

Sheridan 05-03-2012 06:17 PM

Good going, Dee!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: KUTGW!

Quote:

I actually think that the loose way I am doing JUDDD helps to make it feel natural and not a strict diet. I also love the way a couple of good DDs will make up for most things!
The way you're doing it is working for you! :sing: :jumpjoy:

sorenkkg 05-03-2012 09:20 PM

WTG Dee! :kicking:

I love these inspiring stories. Keep them coming, and KUTGW! :D
Soren

mykidsteacher 05-04-2012 07:53 AM

Well done! You are making this work for you, and that means it will work for the long term. KUTGW!

brehede 05-05-2012 02:08 AM

Thanks everyone!

gotsomeold 05-05-2012 05:26 AM

:clap::jumpjoy::clap: Keep on rockin'!

sunday 05-05-2012 05:29 AM

Congratulations! :high5: Enjoy UD and DD are painless! :love: