Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
If going way over calories on UD is the rule and not the exception perhaps it is time to reevaluate and just start over fresh.
While I wouldn't ADVISE anyone to follow my JUDDD path, I would say that this hasn't applied to my experience. Since starting JUDDD, almost every UD has been 3500-4000 calories. (This has been so regular that I've come to think this is what my body needs, although I am not an athelete.) And I have still been losing weight consistently, although I weigh daily to be on the lookout for weight gain.

However, what I have found that - for me - slows weight loss is breaking the UD/DD cycle. On several occasions I did 2 UD's in a row because I didn't think I could handle a DD with my schedule, and on each of those occasions, on my weight loss chart, there is a clear slowing of weight loss.

Anyway, this is just my experience and is not what Dr Johnson advises. For others, keeping to a UD calorie ceiling seems to be crucial for weight loss. However, I am just pointing out that just because someone does not adhere to a calorie ceiling calculated on a website does not mean that he/she has failed at the plan, so I would hate to discourage anyone - as long as someone IS losing on the plan, the plan is working.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
While I wouldn't ADVISE anyone to follow my JUDDD path, I would say that this hasn't applied to my experience. Since starting JUDDD, almost every UD has been 3500-4000 calories. (This has been so regular that I've come to think this is what my body needs, although I am not an athelete.) And I have still been losing weight consistently, although I weigh daily to be on the lookout for weight gain.

However, what I have found that - for me - slows weight loss is breaking the UD/DD cycle. On several occasions I did 2 UD's in a row because I didn't think I could handle a DD with my schedule, and on each of those occasions, on my weight loss chart, there is a clear slowing of weight loss.

Anyway, this is just my experience and is not what Dr Johnson advises. For others, keeping to a UD calorie ceiling seems to be crucial for weight loss. However, I am just pointing out that just because someone does not adhere to a calorie ceiling calculated on a website does not mean that he/she has failed at the plan, so I would hate to discourage anyone - as long as someone IS losing on the plan, the plan is working.
I think this is a good example of how we all need to find what works for us. Some need to eat right at their numbers, some need higher, and some need lower. Thanks Avicenna! If it's working for you, then you must be doing something right.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
avicenna, how much do u eat on your dd? Thats awesome that you are losing weight! Do you mind sharing your current wt? you dont have to of course share. based on your stats it looks like your bmi should be almost near normal. its amazing your body is able to metabolize so many calories!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitch
Stats: 141/123.2/105
WOE: Very low carb switched to JUDDD
Start Date: 2nd February '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Stich.. this is of course just my oppionion and you can take it for what thats worth~ You are losing~~~ You ARE STILL LOSING~~ soo leave it be.. Dont try to and do anything differnt untill you see it stop..Then when you see it stop try to re duce your updays or rather keep them closer to what you should, but for me.. i say eat what you are and keep that loss going.. Like i said,, JUST my thoughts.. you are lucky enough to be able to eat above your number and it s working so why fix what aint broken..
That's kind of what I've been thinking the past couple of days. However, I have been bouncing around the same few lbs for a couple of weeks (although still losing inches!) So what I've decided is to just bring it down a bit but not to 1700. I got to about 2100 yesterday. I'm going to try and keep it around there for a bit and see how I do. This morning I weighed in at 124.3 which is at least a lb less than I usually weigh after an UD these past couple of weeks. I'm hoping tomorrow I might just see a new low.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Currently at 187 lb...I guess I just eat a lot?

Actually, I thought about it and I think the number is reasonable...it averages out to 2000 calories per day (strict 500 calorie DD) which seems normal for someone my size. I don't really think JUDDD works solely on the basis of average calories - I suspect it has more to do with the alternation of eating and not-eating - but at least in terms of average calories it seems theoretically ok.

It's nice to feel "normal" - I realized the other day that that while I could still stand to lose a few pounds, I don't feel "fat" anymore. So I have to credit JUDDD with that!
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Love this is going so well for you Avicenna. Do pop in to the UK thread and share, we have a couple of newbies who would love to know how it is working for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitch
Stats: 141/123.2/105
WOE: Very low carb switched to JUDDD
Start Date: 2nd February '12
Hey everyone. A little update. A had one goodish UD that was about 2100 calories. My next UD went up to 2500 (naughty!). This morning I FINALLY had a drop on the scale. Went down to 121.8 and that has motivated me to behave myself because I really want it to stick (well, return to it or lower after my next DD). It's 8pm and I'm at 1400 calories, enough for a little something before bed. I'm not really trying to keep to 1700, more just aiming to keep it under 2000 for a while and see how I do at that. Don't want to drop those calories any more than I need to.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote