Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Recipe a Rat Terrier Owner can Appreciate :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770422-recipe-rat-terrier-owner-can-appreciate.html)

buttoni 05-03-2012 12:53 PM

Recipe a Rat Terrier Owner can Appreciate :)

For your afternoon chuckle........this cartoon was in our local paper recently and I have it prominently displayed on my refrigerator. Being such a prolific recipe poster here, it never fails to put a smile on my face. My kinda recipe....only 3 steps. :rofl:

I have 2 rat terriers (or should I say 2 ratties own me?) that spend most of their waking hours treeing and squealing at squirrels. :) You Jack Russell owners can probably relate to this cartoon as well:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...onbutt/IMG.jpg

Here are my squirrel killers in action......
Zipper is the screecher; Button is the silent ballerina. Just realized I should have posted this in the LOUNGE. Feel free to move it there, Mods.

Sheridan 05-03-2012 05:34 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your little ratties are adorable! :love:

Muffabuff 05-03-2012 10:44 PM

One of my dogs is a chihuahua / jack russel terrier mix. Actually mostly his head is chihuahua and his super hot tummy. He enjoyed your cartoon so did DH and I.

buttoni 05-04-2012 06:04 PM

Thanks, Sheridan. They're a hoot! And I'll bet you Jack-Chi mix gives the neighborhood squirrels a run for their money, too, Muffabuff. :) The recipe just cracked me up, as ratties always shake their prey violently. Mine have never actually caught a squirrel, but have had squirrel tail in their mouths before it wriggled away. They've killed a rat or two out underneath out portable storage shed out back though.

gello5440 05-04-2012 06:13 PM

They are so cute! Do they ever settle and let you cuddle with them? I've never had any terriers except a mix we called Rags. He was a champion kid chaser.

CatherineA 05-04-2012 06:18 PM

My Sophie liked the video of your sweeties very much - she's a JR/RT mix we think (a rescue) and lately she's gone after the raccoons at the back of our farmette...scares me to death -

the recipe is *just right* - thanks for the laugh!

b_lou_who 05-04-2012 07:09 PM

My Russell is patiently watching a young squirrel as we speak. He is trying to fall out of our big elm tree. Shes only making a small noise that reminds me of a zombie moaning. "Brains ". Which happen to be her favorite squirrel part. That and tail fur.

lynnport 05-04-2012 10:38 PM

:) Still wish we had a like button!!!

Speck333 05-04-2012 10:43 PM

Ah yes my JRT caught herself a big ole squirrel just this week!

KeirasMom 05-05-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatherineA (Post 15632917)
My Sophie liked the video of your sweeties very much - she's a JR/RT mix we think (a rescue) and lately she's gone after the raccoons at the back of our farmette...scares me to death -

the recipe is *just right* - thanks for the laugh!

My DMIL's dog got bitten by a raccoon and was paralyzed for months and required a month living in at the vet's as well as months of water therapy just to start walking again. He eventually pulled through with a limp and some other issues, but raccoons are no joke. If you're not aware of it, google "coonhound disease" and lots of info comes up.

buttoni 05-05-2012 06:46 AM

Oh, Catherine, what a cutecakes there in your avatar!! Looks a lot like my tri-color rescue, Zipper.

Gello, when they're not after Mr. Squirrel or eating, they are little snuggle bunnies, snoozin' the hours away. What a rough life, huh? LOL Yep, ratties do settle down......A LOT! :)

Lemming 05-05-2012 08:05 AM

My parents have a Jack Russell/chihuahua mix--and two min pins. I can relate to the recipe!

CatherineA 05-05-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 15633503)
Oh, Catherine, what a cutecakes there in your avatar!! Looks a lot like my tri-color rescue, Zipper.

Gello, when they're not after Mr. Squirrel or eating, they are little snuggle bunnies, snoozin' the hours away. What a rough life, huh? LOL Yep, ratties do settle down......A LOT! :)

Oh yes, my Sophie is fierce but she's a snuggle bunny - she showed up in my life last August right when I needed her!

Yes, Dawn - raccoons are nasty. Our English Setter got one a few years ago but had a big scar...and we had a huge scare. My Sophie will not back down so I have to scope the back yard in the morning before we go outside. DH is planning on giving the raccoons *lead poisoning*.

Catherine

KeirasMom 05-05-2012 11:40 AM

Ha! Love the lead poisoning. :hyst:

buttoni 05-05-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatherineA (Post 15633770)
My Sophie will not back down so I have to scope the back yard in the morning before we go outside.
Catherine

Nope, ratties WILL NOT back down, from anything, even a venomous snake. And they DO NOT see size when a big dog takes them on, either. Gotta wonder if terriers are as smart as they're cracked up to be sometimes. LOL

Joedi 05-07-2012 11:00 AM

Just a quick question! I want to watch the vid, but would be very distressed if anything go caught n killed..I love all animals and am afraid I am just too soft. If someone could let me know, then I can watch happily!
hugs
Jo
x

KeirasMom 05-07-2012 12:12 PM

No animals were harmed in the making of that video. :D

buttoni 05-07-2012 12:27 PM

No, my girls aren't fast enough to outrun squirrels. LOL

sorenkkg 05-07-2012 01:29 PM

I have 2 greyhounds, and I think they would love that recipe too! :) If they could do it lying down :hyst: laziest. dogs. ever.

squirrels don't bother them so much anymore, though Haka did catch a bird in the yard the other year... DH managed to get it away from him, but things didn't work out for the bird in the end...