Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   exercise? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770417-exercise.html)

bmoyer1 05-03-2012 11:40 AM

exercise?

Hi everyone:
so I am wondering, I like exercise, I just haven't been doing too much, mainly just a walk here and there. (I use to be an exercise freak, but felt like it wasn't helping lose, as a matter of fact it always caused me to gain so I'd stop after a while)

so I am thinking about starting slowly and see if it helps the losses along, my question to everyone is..

do you think it is wiser to work out harder on dd because it will get rid of even more calories, making for a better down day fast? And then just maybe taking a walk on up days, so you don't burn too many calories,(ummm unless you have gone way over your limit lol) Just wonder if it will help the srt1 (or whatever it is lol)
Betty

nickicaps 05-03-2012 11:51 AM

I don't overthink it too much. I will tell you that while I exercise every day I possibly can, I was totally surprised at how much BETTER my workouts are on DD! And I'm talking hot hot yoga classes that are 90 to 180 minutes long.

I say ease into it, and determine your workout days based on how you feel :-)

krow134 05-03-2012 11:51 AM

I figured since I am doing the UD/DD diet. I do a UD/DD exercise routine. UD's I run a full mile. DD's I run/walk/run/walk a full mile. I do more when time allows but at minium I do a mile. This keeps me from getting bored too. I kinda get excited when I realize its a run/walk day!

When I am work, I run stairs too! I am up and down them so many times a day. Then at lunch I run them for about 10 mins or until my client says "stop it already!" (home health). Some times if he is sleeping, he has this little peddle bike thing. Its just the peddles and wheel that you can put in front of a wheelchair. If he is sleeping sometimes I sit in the basement and use that while I read my book.

I find different little things to do without having to go to a gym (live in the country and closest one is 45 mins away). Depending on my energy for the day depends on what I do. I have been known to wait til he falls asleep to catch a few zzz's myself!

I have lost quite a few inches just by changing how I exercise! Or well I should say just by making myself more active these days! DD's gives me more energy. But I push myself more on UD's because of the calories!

Yam-Yam 05-03-2012 12:19 PM

Research is showing that people who exercise in a fasted state burn more stored fat and burn it faster. So, this would work out if you exercise on DDs or in the morning on UDs.

lynnjp 05-03-2012 12:31 PM

I work out on both my UD and DD and never really change my schedule-every Monday, Wednesday and Friday are weight training and cardio days and every Thursday is Zumba, pilates and yoga. Fortunately all my workouts are early in the day and I have never been affected by doing anything on my DD's. However after reading Yam-Yam's post I may begin cranking it up on my DD's!!

Yam-Yam 05-03-2012 01:22 PM

Wow, Lynn!!!! You lost over 100 pounds? !!!:notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy:

Did you have slow downs? Plateaus? Is it a lot slower now that you are so close to goal? Hope it's ok if I ask questions! I'm just in utter amazement. I've been whining a lot because I'm not losing fast right now and trying to get things moving again. I'm still losing inches and suppose the scale will catch up when my body is good and ready to let it show. Your hard work has really paid off and is paying off!:jumpjoy:

bmoyer1 05-03-2012 02:16 PM

I was thinking it made sense if it is all about the calories that burning them would make the dd even lower in calories, thus a better affect overall as far as turning on the gene that is supposed to do so much. I think I will experiment. I seem to feel more energetic on the dd anyway, probably from all the nutrients I eat the day before.
Betty

Kissa 05-03-2012 03:39 PM

I just exercise when I can make it to the gym, life allowing. I never think about wether it is an UD or DD. Have never had a problem.

I am almost 65 so I am not running marathons but I work hard regardless.

Becky 05-03-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15629769)
Research is showing that people who exercise in a fasted state burn more stored fat and burn it faster. So, this would work out if you exercise on DDs or in the morning on UDs.

I'm going to start yoga on my DD, I've been neglecting exercise like the plague (although my husband dragged us on a 4 1/2 mile hike last Sunday!).

Kissa 05-03-2012 03:51 PM

On a DD morning we are in fact very well fed as we have had an UD full of great nutritious food. Perfect time to exercise.

DD80 05-03-2012 04:00 PM

I work out on UDs, DDs, MDs, FDs. :laugh: Seriously, don't overthink it. And, I have noticed that I do better after a UD than after a DD. If it's a UD, I make sure to drink a protein shake before the work out. It helps.