Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
VERY challenging month ahead- advice appreciated!

Hello my little love muffins....

So, this month is going to be really crazy for a number of reasons. I have 3 weddings, 2 communions, and 2 christenings on the weekends, which will really screw up my rotations. Oh, plus Mother's Day!

I will also be traveling domestically and internationally literally every single week of the month. This will involve business dinners/drinks, a disruption in my Bikram yoga practice (which makes me very sad), overnight travel (hello room service) and overall just being thrown off my routine.

I will try my best to squeeze in workouts at the hotel gym but in truth my company likes to occupy every single waking minute of my time. they are heavy drinkers, love to pressure me, and are generally not the health nut types.

Add to this that I have to maintain VEGAN JUDDDING and I am so filled with anxiety that I haven't slept the past 3 days.

Since this is a WOL, I have to figure it out and make it work, but I am so overwhelmed that I can't see my way past it.

Please help!

Last edited by nickicaps; 05-03-2012 at 10:41 AM..
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi, uhhh gosh that sounds difficult... I would try to do the rotations as good as possible, and make healthy choices on my ud's. And for the drinks: I stoped drinking because 1st: most alcohol isn't vegan, 2nd: it makes me gain 3rd: I don't believe it is healthy 4th: I don't really like the taste anymore
I think if someone says: no thx I don't want a drink, it should be respected. They might try make you drink, and say stupid things, but I would just let them talk...
Not sure what you to say more to your problem, except: enjoy the trip, even if it is a business trip, and don't stress yourself about not eating perfectly.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
As for drinking, my DH is using his calories so that he can include drinks...even on the DD's. There are lower calorie options to a lot of mixed drinks and then there's wine. I am not sure how much you are trying to lose, can you do maintenance for May? Up your DD calories and just try to maintain??? Is that even an option?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #4

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
for the record, I don't use any DD calories for drinking, but I know he does!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Girls for the responses.

Yeah, I am pretty much going to sip seltzer during the trips to save the calories. I was considering doing Maintenance but I'm on such a weight loss hot streak and want to be bikini ready by July (have about 15 pounds to go) so I'm afraid to slow it down.

arrghhhh.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Nicki,
I'm in the middle of a twelve day, occasions- almost-every-day thing, which is pretty mild compared to yours, but I am learning a couple of things. The first is that I'm saving almost all eating till late in the day. No one seems to notice me not eating during the day but they do notice if I say no to dinner. On DDs, I mention that I won't be eating huge amounts (shaving a few pounds off my rear end for an upcoming audition, I say, just to say something). No one seems to care, frankly, as long as I've got something on my plate and my fork moves toward my mouth occasionally. My greater fear was that I'd go nuts and eat everything I could get my hands on. Hasn't happened, for some reason. Maybe it's the early JUDDD excitement. As for booze, I just care too much about food at this point to squander those precious calories on anything else. Maybe later.
All the best with it. I look forward to learning from your experience.
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Nicki,
I'm in the middle of a twelve day, occasions- almost-every-day thing, which is pretty mild compared to yours, but I am learning a couple of things. The first is that I'm saving almost all eating till late in the day. No one seems to notice me not eating during the day but they do notice if I say no to dinner. On DDs, I mention that I won't be eating huge amounts (shaving a few pounds off my rear end for an upcoming audition, I say, just to say something). No one seems to care, frankly, as long as I've got something on my plate and my fork moves toward my mouth occasionally. My greater fear was that I'd go nuts and eat everything I could get my hands on. Hasn't happened, for some reason. Maybe it's the early JUDDD excitement. As for booze, I just care too much about food at this point to squander those precious calories on anything else. Maybe later.
All the best with it. I look forward to learning from your experience.
Kristin

I was on a b-trip last week, have one starting on the 12th (conference with a lot of team meetings and public meals, and generally being ON and needing energy), and then a long weekend party with friends right after, and in July, 2 weeks in APAC... so I TOTALLY hear you on this (minus the vegan stuff-- you're on your own on that one ).

the thing that worked for me on the trip last week was advance planning. Knowing which nights I was going out, which I had to myself, and using all the electronic tools I could to plan what I thought I'd be able to eat at the various places.

I also made some use of MDs when my rotation needed it, so I'd eat lightly through the day and then have a nice meal, and not be too fussed.

Sample:
UD-- travel from east to west coast, had to account for a 4th meal
DD-- first day of the class I was teaching. I went to 700 cal instead of my normal 500, and planned our dinner at a sushi restaurant so I could have a clue about what to eat
UD-- yay
DD-- almond milk in my mini fridge, salad at lunch, veggies in my mini fridge for dinner (and some leftover meat from a previous meal)
MD-- had a team dinner, so light eating and then nice dinner
UD-- travel back home, 6am start in CA and midnight return home.

I used restaurant websites when I could, and when I couldn't, used my ********* and calorieking and other sites to estimate calories, planned it out, and hoped for the best.

Take some time to plan out: 4oz of white or red wine... salad with basic dressing... your favorite protein bars in your purse...

and what Kristin said above-- if you give the appearance of fitting in, along with a dismissive comment (I'm not that hungry... I'm getting over the flu... My doctor has me on this *thing*... whatever), you'll skate through these events with less resistance than you imagine!

rock it out!
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Nickicaps we are only an I pad away if you need us!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beachgirl6976
Stats: (240 Highest) Starting Juddd 151/143/120 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD - Previous, LC/Atkins, 4HB, WW
Start Date: 4/8/12
I totally understand your anxiety. I'll be going on a trip back home for 11 days to see my family ... who love to drink and eat out everyday. During that time there will be a graduation, graduation party a week later, 3 separate bday celebrations and Mothers Day. I'm totally nervous about staying on the diet because 1. I'm only 1 month into Juddd 2. Everytime I've gone back home, I've never been able to stay on the diet I was on and would say screw it and 3. I really want to be able to continue Juddd rotations and not get off track.

I leave in a week and here is my plan so far. Plan, plan, plan for the things I know of. On my down days I'm going to try my hardest to not eat anything until dinner. Chew gum at the events that will have lots of food out to graze on. For dinner out on a DD order a plain salad with chicken, no dressing. As for drinking, I only drink on my UD's. I love Baja Bob's zero calorie mixes and will taking the margarita singles for mexican nights. I've never had a problem at the restaurants, I just order a shot of tequilla, a glass of ice and a glass of water then mix it right there. 103 calories for a margarita isn't too bad in my book. For other nights I'll order Captain Morgan Silver Spiced Rum with diet coke, only 76 calories each.

I like the idea of either having a medium day or falling back onto maintenance numbers if I have to. I know we can both do this and hope we come back with a weight loss or at least having maintained. I wish you the best of luck
Beachgirl6976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I have some travel, celebration coming up next week as well. Here's my plan

Sat - 6 hour drive -make it a DD (it happens to fall that way anyway) and fast until dinner for an awards thing then just do a salad with chicken or something similar.
Sun - ballgame and mother's day and dinner out. UD - I will just have to be careful and pick my calorie expenditures so it doesn't become an UUAD
Mon - graduation and big celebratory dinner out. this is a DD but I suspect it will become more of a MD/UD. I am going to try and do a fast five modification so it is less harmful and fast until dinner
Tue - drive back - make it a DD

Hoping that the bounces won't be so bad. What do you guys think of my plan?
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Trying, I think it sounds wonderful. I'm finding that long driving days are perfect for DDs. Good luck. Let us know how it goes,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Thanks JoyJoy. Now I am toying with the idea of switching to maintenance rotations for this travel period. I started another thread on that idea. I am liking that idea since I don't care if I don't lose those 4 days. I just don't want to gain!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
The last trip I went on, I gave myself permission to eat at maintenance levels. I think just allowing myself that helped me to not want to. I came in under 500 each DD and stuck right with my UD numbers. I don't see how it could hurt to move into maintenance during travel. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Such great advice- thanks! Yesterday was the first crazy day- DD (450 cal) that started with a christening and ended at 3am with my friend's band performance.I did awesome, stayed in my calories, no drinking, and no hunger. BUT today was an UD/squeezing in some Callanetics and a loooong communion party that was more like a wedding, and unfortunately it became a FD. Ugh.

Tomorrow begins a week of travel. I am packing some spirulina protein bars and other stuff. I don't want to do maintenance numbers bc I will also be thrown off my usual hard core workout routine and I am afraid the combination will really derail me so I am going to just try my very best to stick to my numbers, workout as much as humanly possible, and report back to my lovely friends here. And hopefully I will also sleep a few hours a night too, but that's doubtful.

hugs :-)
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Safe travels Nikki! do report in when you can
Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #16