Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
So hard when we have so much to lose! In order to maintain sanity and commitment I have to break it down into chunks. A few more pounds till I cross into onederland and then my next big goal is size 12 pants then after that no more BMI in the obese range.

Soren you should join our challenge till the end of the month!!

Congrats Keirasmom on almost being overweight LOL! I can't wait for that day!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Soren. And everyone. . .

Quote:
I want to be in Onederland by November
What's going on in November? Sounds like an event?

Have you given any thought to what sort of illuminated sign you're going to wear in November? Will it be a lighted neon sign that flashes, or will you be wearing a sandwich board that is proclaiming your weight in big bold red numbers??

I know it'll be neither of those, nor any other type of "numeric announcement device".

What absolutely can happen in November is that you'll announce your weight loss by ... looking slimmer, wearing a smaller size, maybe something several sizes smaller. You'll announce your loss by having more body definition and feeling reallllly good about yourself.

What you weigh is NOBODY's business except your own. Yes, it's great to be able to say, "I've lost a go-jillion pounds since Apriluary of this year". But the number of pounds lost - in the overall greater scheme of things - is truly NOT that important. It just isn't!

And why isn't it that important?

Because one person can lose XX number of pounds and they look one way and another person can lose the same number and it shows more OR it shows less, depending on height, size of frame, how they carry themselves, etc. And how we looked at XXX pounds at one point in our life does not mean we'll still look the same at that weight now.

When I've been focused in the past - hung up on an arbitrary number or goal I set for myself - I've struggled. A LOT. Struggling brings an element of stress and self-doubt into something very good we're doing for ourselves and it can be SO counter productive to our efforts.

Do y'all hear the drumming? Here it is:

This weekend, go get 2 or 3 pairs of jeans at the thrift store. They don't have to be "in fashion" or anything you'd wear outside the house, although it's cool if you can. The first pair should be tight enough that you have to struggle to button/zip, but you CAN do it with effort. Can't really breathe, but you got 'em zipped! The next pair should be something that shows a seemingly insurrmountable gap between the button and buttonhole, a gap of a couple inches. The third pair should be something that you may not even be able to pull up over your hips.

Go get those pants, Soren. Try the first pair on a couple times a week. Stay faithful to your calories and rotations and you will be able to breathe easier in those within a fairly short time. Periodically try on the 2nd and 3rd pair. There WILL come a day when you WILL be able to get that 3rd pair on and AND zipped, and you'll have to watch yourself that you don't fall over from the shock of it all.

And then you'll prance around in front of your mirror. As you should!

How much do we doubt and pressure or beat ourselves up when we're feeling good enough to prance? I sure don't and doubt you do, either. Success breeds success and it spurs us on. As it should.

The pants don't lie. The scale can.

Kissa has some excellent advice in her signature, and part of it is to RELAX and REJOICE. Wise woman!

Always my best to you all.

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
thanks gang!

TryingJudd-- where's the link to the challenge? I like a challenge group

Sheridan-- I hear you! In the past few days, I did try on a pair of capris I stashed, they're a 20, but no stretch-- and they go on, but don't zip or button. So those are my next goal.

And in November, I turn 40 so, no sandwich board or illuminated sign, but I do see it as a marker on my path of life.

Dawn-- you are doing AWESOME! I can't wait till I'm just "fat" and not "omg you're going to die tomorrow" obese on the BMI scale, etc.

I just needed a boost, and you guys are giving it to me
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Clean challenge - join me?

I hope this link works Soren. Would love to have you join our dash to July!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Soren,

I completely relate to the frustration. We know this is not a race, BUT with lots to lose, we have goals and markers we want to achieve. It keeps us going- keeps us motivated to go the long haul. Like you, my marker is to get to onederland (again!) and it is a big deal to us. I totally understand!!

My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit now too. The last time this happened about 3 months in, I did try to switch things up a bit. I lowered my up day number basing it on my new weight ( some people need to increase and some don't ever lower their numbers) but I needed to and this helped move me along again. I also changed my DD numbers up and down- never exceeding 500, but sometimes doing a fast, sometimes eating 300 calories, and sometimes 500. I added more fiber to each meal and I added magnesium to my diet. This started moving me along again. Now I have once again stalled and I will probably try switching things around again.

All I can say is don't give up. It is so common when we don't see the scale move to give up. We can do this!!

And maybe don't weigh for awhile. That helps me. I just use my "marker pants" and try them on several times a week to be sure I am still losing inches.

Hang in there my friend!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Well, I have a LOT more than 50 pounds to lose...if I even think about how much more, honestly it doesn't sound possible. I can't focus on that because I can't give up. So, I concentrate on how BIG I can grow my Signature ticker and on being satisifed with the small day to day progress. Little by little over time hopefully those progresses will become significant. Until then I just keep plugging along.

JUDDD just seems like a given now, and it its pretty easy to stay in the groove. I just hope that I can continue to hold on to the magic and stay on the long road.

Wishing you all the best of JUDDD magic!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Well, I have a LOT more than 50 pounds to lose...if I even think about how much more, honestly it doesn't sound possible. I can't focus on that because I can't give up. So, I concentrate on how BIG I can grow my Signature ticker and on being satisifed with the small day to day progress. Little by little over time hopefully those progresses will become significant. Until then I just keep plugging along.

JUDDD just seems like a given now, and it its pretty easy to stay in the groove. I just hope that I can continue to hold on to the magic and stay on the long road.

Wishing you all the best of JUDDD magic!
Great attitude! I am plugging along with you!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Great attitude! I am plugging along with you!
Or "pugging" as the avatar would indicate

Sorry, I do enjoy a pun

I had a bit of a whoosh as of today, and I took new measurements too. Lost a bit everywhere since May.

I do hate stalling when there is so far to go, but I actually break it up in my head: get to that new number ending in 9, then to the mid-point ending in 5, then down to ending in 1 or 2 again, and then try to get to the next decade down ending in 9.....

I'm getting ready now for my 8yr anniversary dinner out with DH and what I love about judddd is that I can enjoy it, no guilt (well, it will be uuad) and back to dd rotation tomorrow

Thanks for the support y'all!!!
S.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Timja
Stats: 245/235/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 13, 2012
Heelo There!! I am new to this website so please forgive me if I make a mistake. I love observing people and make my own conclusions and observations. I've noticed that there are a lot of high school girls that have spare tires. Even the ones that look of a normal weight have spare tires. Usually a person doesn't get the middle aged spread until (you guessed it)....middle age. I asked my doctor and she said "It's the processed foods loaded with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals, plus fast foods that's causing even young people to gain weight disproportional to their body shape." I too am in a long fight to lose weight. I've been heavy all my life, well...ever since age 12. So I am struggling with what to eat, how much and how can I lose enough to get pressure off my feet, hips, etc, and feel better about myself. Thanks for listening. :-)
Timja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Welcome to the JUDDD forum.
Timja - I agree about the spare tire around high school girls middles. They aren't big anywhere else but around the middle. I observe them when I am at craft shows and figured it had to do with processed foods, gorwth hormones in meats etc. Course it is so easy to see when they are wearing spandex tops or short tops.

Are you LC'ing or are you interested in trying JUDDD????
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Count me in I've lost 31lbs, but have 56lbs to go. 35/ 5'2"/ currently 168.5.
I started at 199, but have been as high as 230.
All though I wonder what motivates people to change they're whole WOE for 10lbs, but I guess it's better to take care of it before it gets out of control.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Carly! Welcome Timja

I know right? I barely notice 10 lbs, but can't wait till its my whole world
S.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I don't have 50 to lose but it sure feels like it as slow as I lose. I have lost 8 pounds since the beginning of April on JUDDD but I am OK with that. I had a few rough weeks and was able to maintain. I have been told by two doctors that I should just try to maintain instead of lose because of medications I am on but I would still like to lose 15-20 more pounds if I could. I also haven't seen much change in my clothes. I am still in a 14 or 16 and that is what size I was when I weighed over 190 so that is frustrating. I measured last week and have only lost about 4" (chest, waist, hips) since starting in April so that explains why my clothes don't feel much different. I am going to my niece's wedding in October so my goal is to lose another 10 pounds by then.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds doable, Tammy!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I still have between 30-40 to lose after losing 100. It's frustrating to slow down so much, and to bounce around alot. I do ok losing on hcg but am looking forward to maintaining with JUDDD and eating with my hubby again instead of always separate meals. I will enjoy vacation moderately and not fear the scale. Well, that's my goal anyway. I don't know if I can NOT be afraid. But I will try. Vacation's in 3 weeks.

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-24-2012 at 01:43 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #106
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
All told, from the beginning to my ultimate goal I started with 100 lbs to lose. I have about 50 to go now. I got within about 20 lbs of my goal, but then lost focus.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yellobrix
Stats: 199/175/150
WOE: Tweaking & Discovering
Start Date: Over & Over... 'Til I Get It Right!
Your stats are not wildly different from mine. I'm 5'4" and started at 199. Lost. Gained. Lost. Gained. (Ugh.) I'm at 170 now, and set my goal at 150, which would be 49 pounds total, with 29 gone and 20 remaining. And really, I probably should shoot for 145 but I feel like I need to hit 150 and then assess. It's sort of a moving target, you know? Like, in a perfect world, I'd weight 135, but I am also a couple of months away from 48, my ovaries have filed for retirement, and I just don't want to choose something so unrealistic that I end up being upset for no legitimate reason.

I will say that the super-excellent thing about JUDDD is that I just spent five days on the road from Kentucky to DC to Maryland and back, including assorted "bad" foods that were definitely NOT on my old LC plan. By switching back & forth between fasting and eating all the travel foods and wedding foods, I left town at 169 and returned at the end weighing 170!

Might I add that an impressive amount of the total calories I had were from the bar, not the buffet. I ate some "real" foods, but I also ate some kind of raspberry white chocolate mousse cake, two lemon bars, some dark chocolate, a dinner roll, a little bit of saffron rice, and a portion of roasted new potatoes. Because of the hectic schedule, I ended up doing something more like this:

Wed: DD and 10 hours on the road.
Thurs: UD with one meal at 11am and another at 8pm
Fri: fasted through the day until dinner, then pretty much had my entire UD allotment at the rehearsal dinner.
Sat: fasted until 3pm - then nibbled party food, ate dinner, more nibbling, and drank throughout like I was 21 and stupid (thank goodness for the shuttle bus.)
Sun: breakfast, then fasted until 6pm.
Mon: (today) DD
and tomorrow, Tuesday, a normal UD is planned as I return to a regular routine.

It's nice to feel like I didn't "blow it" and that today I can schedule a DD and be back on track like nothing ever happened!

Last edited by Yellobrix; 06-25-2012 at 09:06 AM..
Yellobrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Today I had to have my 15 1/2 year old dog, Sara, put to sleep. I stayed with her until the end. She had a wonderful life and was never sick. Just in the last few months she lost a lot of weight and yesterday and today she didn't want to get up in the morning which was very unusual for her. She was my husband's first dog so this is very difficult for him. I bred her and she was born the week after we got married.

In the last 9 months, we have had so much stress in our lives. My husand lost his job, we moved to Indiana from Illinois, he started a new business, my mom got sick and passed away, and now Sara is gone. I am so sad.

Edit - sorry, posted to the wrong thread but that is OK. Lots of great suportive JUDDD Buds here.

Last edited by Showcats; 06-25-2012 at 10:55 AM..
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post
Today I had to have my 15 1/2 year old dog, Sara, put to sleep. I stayed with her until the end. She had a wonderful life and was never sick. Just in the last few months she lost a lot of weight and yesterday and today she didn't want to get up in the morning which was very unusual for her. She was my husband's first dog so this is very difficult for him. I bred her and she was born the week after we got married.

In the last 9 months, we have had so much stress in our lives. My husand lost his job, we moved to Indiana from Illinois, he started a new business, my mom got sick and passed away, and now Sara is gone. I am so sad.

Edit - sorry, posted to the wrong thread but that is OK. Lots of great suportive JUDDD Buds here.
Showcats! I am so sorry! My goodness you are facing something that is lifechanging right now and you really do have a wonderful attitude even with all of this! I just hope and pray that you both are able to heal from the loss of your furry companion. My mother is 74 and she is still hurting over the loss of her beloved best friend, "Lucy".

Last edited by sunday; 06-25-2012 at 11:46 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Oh Tammy. I'm sorry.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellobrix View Post
It's nice to feel like I didn't "blow it" and that today I can schedule a DD and be back on track like nothing ever happened!
This is what I love best about JUDDD!

Quote:
Today I had to have my 15 1/2 year old dog, Sara, put to sleep. ...

I'm so sorry Tammy. I can't imagine how much this hurts, and you know we're here for you. Post in any d*** thread you want to.
I have 2 greyhounds, they are 12.5yrs old (siblings) and I see them slowing down in all sort of ways, but I'm just loving them all I can each day.

to all the Budds-- we can make it through, one day at a time!
S.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear. Much love in your direction.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Tammy, our animal family members are like little angels with fur instead of wings. I am sorry for your loss.
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #114

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

I have lost two beloved pets since January and I know the heartbreak. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, but am very happy she had a long, healthy, happy life. She did not suffer long and you did the right thing. Hugs for all that you've endured recently.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all. It is so nice to have such a supportive family here even with non-weight loss things. I truly appreciate you all.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

I so sorry about your loss. We have 6 cats and they are like our children.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Hi all

I am recommitting today. With an UD however!! (mainly because it suits my upcoming plans!)

I've had over a week of totally uncontrolled eating - and am definitely up from the low in my stats!

It's all okay - I just need to be more in control. I think I went through a 'funk' and decided eating was what I wanted to do! So I did.

Sometimes the battle just seems insurmountable - but you know it's not. I just involves taking one step at a time.....
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #118

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've been missing you Vicky! You can't leave us! I have to maintain my Oz contacts for whenever I decide to visit.,

We've all had those days, weeks, months where it just seems insurmountable. You can do it!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
I'd love to join the Nota Skinny Club! I have well over 100 lbs to lose. Right now I am just taking it 10% at a time. My first goal is to get under 300 because that will represent my first 10%. Then I will work on the next 10%. I don't see how I can face the larger number, especially since I have tried SO MANY TIMES.

I am feeling very grateful to have found this WOE. It just "fits" so far. I can see sticking with it long term. I do have some challenges to overcome, notably getting my thyroid medicated properly. I am hoping that will help with a host of other problems.

I will try to be a support to everyone here as I can!

6/22/13 restart of NK
amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Amy,

There are great JUDDD Buddds here. I like your 10% way of thinking. It's more managable that way!