Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Count me in too!

5'6, 218.6 pounds and will be 30 in August. My 1st goal is to be in ONEderland for my birthday. I told myself that I WILL NOT BE FAT and 30. And thus far, I have lost 25.4 pounds since starting my life over on Feb 27th.

It's truly amazing how much my life has changed in 67 days. I've always been the one who said when I lose X amount of weight then I will_______________. I'm tired of waiting for my life to start...it was now or never. I chose NOW!

I've applied for and interviewed for a job I thought I could NEVER do, let alone be considered for. My DS is finally going to get to go swimming this summer because I won't be ashamed or embarrassed by my size!! My attitude in general is so much more positive. I feel great and my journey has just begun. The sky is the limit and I can't wait to see what's around the corner
Goal 4: 145
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TraciLew
Stats: 210/208.5/145 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Count me in too!

5'6, 218.6 pounds and will be 30 in August. My 1st goal is to be in ONEderland for my birthday. I told myself that I WILL NOT BE FAT and 30. And thus far, I have lost 25.4 pounds since starting my life over on Feb 27th.

It's truly amazing how much my life has changed in 67 days. I've always been the one who said when I lose X amount of weight then I will_______________. I'm tired of waiting for my life to start...it was now or never. I chose NOW!

I've applied for and interviewed for a job I thought I could NEVER do, let alone be considered for. My DS is finally going to get to go swimming this summer because I won't be ashamed or embarrassed by my size!! My attitude in general is so much more positive. I feel great and my journey has just begun. The sky is the limit and I can't wait to see what's around the corner

Hey Melissa - I just turned 30 last weekend Seems we're in a similar boat! I said my 20's was the last year I was going to be fat...So here's to the 30's being the best decade yet!!
TraciLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciLew View Post
Hey Melissa - I just turned 30 last weekend Seems we're in a similar boat! I said my 20's was the last year I was going to be fat...So here's to the 30's being the best decade yet!!
And here I am in my 50's still saying it!
GRRRRRR
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Checking in to this thread as a non-skinny! I have 50+ pounds to lose, but only 14lbs until my next goal so that's what I am aiming for right now!
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am posting for my lovely daughter MintQ8, 42 lbs gone since November and almost 100 to go.

Last edited by Kissa; 05-03-2012 at 04:15 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Can I post here?

I started my journey at over 300 pounds. I can relate to so much of what you're talking about. It's hard--sooo hard--when the journey seems so long and it seems an insurmountable amount to lose. It's also hard when others starting weight is a weight that you would cry with grateful tears just to be at. I know.

There is hope. It takes time. It takes consistency, and it takes determination. But I am here to cheer you on!! You all are wonderful. It takes such character to face this amount of weight to lose and not just give up and pull the covers over your head. I know. I did that for a long time.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, do the thing that's right in front of you, try not to focus on the big picture. Soon, you too will be posting big weight loss numbers and people will be asking you for your secret!!

So here's some and some and some to each of you from me.

I today after reading through all these posts. I am glad I am not alone and that there is a place where I can go and talk about the dark things I feel and know there is someone who understands and relates. It is hard to always try to wear a positivity mask around. I am grateful for so many things and I count my blessings every day, but I do have dark feelings to work through centered around my weight. I have to deal with all the life long fears, rejection, bullying, frustrations, feelings of not fitting in, of humiliation and embarrassment and wondering how my life would have been different if I hadn't had to deal with this. When I am losing weight, as I shed the pounds, it seems to open some of the old stuff and I need to work through it. It is all a part of the healing process- this I know. It makes losing weight a battle field sometimes. Some days I am as strong as steel and my determination matches, and other days I go to the dark side and feel like chucking it all, because what is the point. I am just taking one battle at a time, and I do feel I can win the war. That is that thing called hope.

I really appreciate your post Luna. It means so much to me because I know you have been there and walked the mile. I do look to you for the hope and inspiration that can lift me up when I stumble. Thank you all for sharing your stories. You never know how one little thing you write can make all the difference in the world to another soul.

Last edited by sungoddess; 05-03-2012 at 05:15 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post

Glad we are all here together.
Times a million!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
i have to lose yet another 30 or so i think to be a number that i can be proud of
You know that's ridiculous talk, right? Right?? You have every right to be proud of and own what you've lost recently. Many people just give up trying again! You did NOT! Don't treat yourself in this way, honey! Every effort should be applauded and acknowledged!

And you're going to go all the way to whatever goal you've chosen! I just know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
Wow - who knew there were so many like me.
This is great.
Yes, it is.

I'm 57 and I'm NOT a skinny. Have at least 50 more to lose.

We WILL get to our goals!

So glad this is getting easier for you, Terrilynn.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hey Terrilynn. i started at 222 lbs. and lost first 10 on LC and the rest on JUDDD. So I started with about 75 lbs. to lose. I am down 37 as of today (disregard my ticker lol) and like everyone else has said some days are easier than others.

Just this week I have started Piratejenny's MUDDD version of JUDDD to have a little break that doesn't stray too far from this WOE. I am giving it 2 weeks to see how I do. I needed a little more flexibility due to my kids schedules at this time.

I love this way of eating and truly feel like this is something i can always do. i might have to tweak a little every once in a while but I don't want to stray too far because this has been very effective for me........and I can eat cookies with no guilt attached
Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Ahem. Me too. I would love to be 145 and that's about 65 pounds away. At the rate I am losing (about a pound per week for the first 7 weeks but in stalls and surges) that should take me well over a year. I think we would all agree that when your goal is long term you have to take a different approach. I have lost very successfully with Atkins in younger years down to about 150 for about one minute then gained it all back but I am 52, peri menopausal and in the last year absolutely nothing has worked so I am thrilled to see any loss. I do wish it was faster. I am sure we all do! I am lovin my carbs now though! We can all do this if we stay on track!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shirleychef
Stats: 235/154/140's
WOE: hCG for loss, JUDDD currently
Start Date: April 25, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I always seem to be the one who started as the heaviest and still has the most to lose!! I am still over 200 pounds. I have lost 90 and still have so much to lose. I try to take it one day at a time or I will just end up giving up. My dream at the moment is to get into onederland. I got so close when I was on HCG, but when I tried to maintain, the weight just came back so quickly.

I am heading towards 4 months on JUDDD. I LOVE seeing all of the success that people are having, but then I started reading about the dreaded stalls and plateaus that people hit and was a bit sad to see that even with this plan of shaking up the metabolism, that the long stalls still happen. I guess there is just no way around them.

I found the first three months relatively painless, and DD's were not a problem, but I am struggling a bit more now. The last two DD's were really hard for me. I am really not sure if it is psychological or not. I handle most up days much better now however. I know that when the initial great weight losses slow down, so does my staunch enthusiasm. I do want to do this for the rest of my life, but I look forward to eating more on down days like people who are maintaining can do.

I also feel a bit of depression when I see my skin. With a large amount of weight to lose, my skin is just stretched out. I see it just hanging and I know there is nothing I can do except surgery and that is not a possibility for me. So some of the joy of losing the weight is tainted from the ugly saggy skin. It even hangs on my forearms.

I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but it is the reality of weight loss for me. I am sticking with it though and am glad I am not the only one in this situation. Sometimes you can just feel so alone with it, you know?

Thanks for starting the thread as I see there are people who can relate!!
Please forgive me for interjecting... but you ladies are doing GREAT and will reach your goals. I weighed 235 last February and now am sitting in the low 150's I used hcg for the loss and am now using JUDDD to help me stabilize and maybe move a little lower.

The reason for my intrusion is I wanted to recommend to those of you losing a lot of weight to look into skin brushing. If you search for dry skin brushing online you should be able to find some places that give detailed instructions. I use a shower brush with natural bristles NOT PLASTIC. Plastic bristles will scratch your skin. I bought my brush at WalMart in the shower section, it has a nice long handle. You should try to dry brush 2 times a day. Brush toward your heart and I do my belly in a circular motion. I've lost 80 pounds and my skin has shrunk up quite nicely. I was obese for 17 years. My belly still resembles a prune but I have not desire to ever wear a Bikini .

After dry brushing use a high quality lotion with shea butter, MSM, coconut oil, or any combination of the three. I like using straight virgin coconut oil sometimes and other times I use an MSM cream or a shea butter lotion, depends on my mood. Brushing stimulates the skin tissues and the lotions help with the tightening and smoothing.
shirleychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I'm in. This is the only place (aside from a VERY few IRL people and my DH) who I discuss my actual weight number with. Other folks, I'll say "oh, I lost X pounds" and they're all like yay you.

I was at 267 this January, I'm at 246.6 today (yay me!) and I still have such a long way to go.

Today I posted about BMI, and another poster replied-- and I realized (but didn't really dwell on) the fact that while my bmi went from 4X.X to 3X.X... it still needs to be under 25 to be considered "not overweight" i.e. "normal".
sigh.

I like what Bev said about how losing opens up some old wounds and things we have to deal with (paraphrasing)-- I've been in therapy on and off, mostly on, for quite a while, and just last week, we tackled a MAJOR life event for me. I didn't want to talk about it, but we went *there* and I know it's b/c I'm finally strong enough to deal with the issue.
I still don't like it, but I can't ignore it anymore (no, nothing deep and dark or oprah-worthy-- just some good old childhood trauma that is a contributing cause to my self-medication with food).

One thing I attribute to my new strength-- dedication to JUDDD... maybe it's a circle, maybe I can dedicate to JUDDD b/c I have some new internal fortitude... but the "I can tolerate mild discomfort" that I had in my sig for a while? That's big for me.

I eat b/c I don't want to be uncomfortable-- don't want to be too sad, too happy, too "empty"... just like a drug user, I eat to get "level".

So, now I'm learning to deal with my various discomforts. I'm not perfect-- I snack, sometimes after I've posted my "final" for the day... but not by more than 100 cal, which I'm ok with.

Ugh, I'm blabbering. Sorry. Just, this is a topic really near the surface for me. I"m DETERMINED to lose the weight, all of it, this time. I think it will take a couple of years, at least, and I"m committed to that, and to a lifetime of vigilence (Leo, another poster here, says eternal vigilence is the price to pay).

hmmm.. Summary: I"m in, and I have 100+ to lose!
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
While I have not set a definite goal weight, I suspect when the shouting is over I will have lost about 50 pounds. I am in a slow-down just now as far as the scale is concerned. But I am seeing physical improvements and inches are still slowly dropping.

Seeing signs of internal inflammation going away, knowing JUDDD is maximizing my chances at living a longer and healthier life, keeps me from worrying about how long it takes me get to goal (well, okay, I would like to lose faster and I have a few theories I plan to post soon).

Anyway, roughly 50 pounds at the beginning of this journey. Seven pounds lost on LC, followed by a three-month complete stall. Twenty-five pounds lost on JUDDD before and during a two-month slow-down.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Sorry to jump in, but
1. I'm looking forward to Nancy's theories, and
2. I love this thread. Although I have a different amount to lose, I have approached food like an addict all my life (good description, Soren). And that addiction weighs about 750 lbs. So I feel like I belong here. Thanks for these posts.
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #44

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I'm in. This is the only place (aside from a VERY few IRL people and my DH) who I discuss my actual weight number with. Other folks, I'll say "oh, I lost X pounds" and they're all like yay you.

I was at 267 this January, I'm at 246.6 today (yay me!) and I still have such a long way to go.

Today I posted about BMI, and another poster replied-- and I realized (but didn't really dwell on) the fact that while my bmi went from 4X.X to 3X.X... it still needs to be under 25 to be considered "not overweight" i.e. "normal".
sigh.

I like what Bev said about how losing opens up some old wounds and things we have to deal with (paraphrasing)-- I've been in therapy on and off, mostly on, for quite a while, and just last week, we tackled a MAJOR life event for me. I didn't want to talk about it, but we went *there* and I know it's b/c I'm finally strong enough to deal with the issue.
I still don't like it, but I can't ignore it anymore (no, nothing deep and dark or oprah-worthy-- just some good old childhood trauma that is a contributing cause to my self-medication with food).

One thing I attribute to my new strength-- dedication to JUDDD... maybe it's a circle, maybe I can dedicate to JUDDD b/c I have some new internal fortitude... but the "I can tolerate mild discomfort" that I had in my sig for a while? That's big for me.

I eat b/c I don't want to be uncomfortable-- don't want to be too sad, too happy, too "empty"... just like a drug user, I eat to get "level".

So, now I'm learning to deal with my various discomforts. I'm not perfect-- I snack, sometimes after I've posted my "final" for the day... but not by more than 100 cal, which I'm ok with.

Ugh, I'm blabbering. Sorry. Just, this is a topic really near the surface for me. I"m DETERMINED to lose the weight, all of it, this time. I think it will take a couple of years, at least, and I"m committed to that, and to a lifetime of vigilence (Leo, another poster here, says eternal vigilence is the price to pay).

hmmm.. Summary: I"m in, and I have 100+ to lose!
Soren

I think I may have been the debbie downer on Soren's other post. Sorry, having internal crazy talk issues this week, and can't quite figure out how to get out of my funk. Sorry. You've done amazing!!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #45

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm looking forward to Nancy's theories too!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Ty for this thread again! I sat here reading everyone's stories again and again and am just loving that there are people that have the same feelings as me.....I am really not as alone as I feel sometimes.

I feel like I can bare my soul on this thread, and that gives me relief! I wont be judged because you all get it!

OMG I would give anything to be a "skinny" again. You have to understand, I was a small child, a small teen, small early 20's. Then I had kids and small hasnt been in my vocab since my kids were preemies! Every year another 10lbs it seems. I weigh right now, more than I did when I was pregnant with my son (169)! And sadly my goal weight is only 10 lbs under what I was when I was pregnant with my daughter (135).

I hate being the "fat" sister, the "fat" friend.......I actually had two of my friends last year ask if I had stretch marks still. I said yeah why...they said "can we see them, we are curious if they are worse when your pregnant or overweight".........seriously!! I didnt talk to them for a long time!! I dont know if I was more mad or embarrassed!

My sisters learned I started running again. There comments were NOT oh thats great or anything like that.......it was "thought we felt the ground shaking"....then they giggled with each other. Uuuggghhh!

Gosh I am sure you all have your own stories like this. Its so miserable! Its stupid things like that though, that helps me stay on track with JUDDD!

I am just like sorenkkg, only everyone here knows my weight. Speaking of sorenkkg, dont be discouraged over your BMI, it dropped!! Thats what matters!!! It made you happy! Good, it should!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Yep - 42lbs gone!! Started with 145lbs to lose - but have just adjusted my goal to 20lbs heavier than when I started (I looked amazing at that weight 20 odd years ago).

I've often considered starting a 'Big Is Beautiful' type thread - but you know the reason I haven't - is I have met so many 'slim/skinny/thin' women who have body issues, weight issues. My girlfriend who weighs 15lbs more than her usual 130lbs is truthfully just as unhappy as I am about my body - and probably even more so - I've had years to adjust and haven't been skinny all my life.

But at the same time - I love the fact that there are many of us here on our journey together - losing weight that we had perhaps resigned ourselves to not losing ever.

I love JUDDD and all my JUDDD BUDDD's loads to lose, not much to lose - I know no-one else was 'against' those who are near goal - I just wanted to put it out there!

Today turned into my 2nd UD in a row - friends dropped in and bought morning tea - as they're over from New Zealand and we hadn't met one before, I decided I could cope with a small bit of cake. Then they stayed for lunch - and so I thought shall I have MD. But then I realised I need Tuesday to be an UD - so all good!!!!

We will do this ladies! It may take longer - but I am living life and eating better than I have in forever!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning ladies - I am very happy it is Friday. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. 4am comes to soon everyday.

Just a bit of "honesty" here ... I don't feel like JUDDD is working, I eat too much on UD's and I feel bloated after an up day; but I have had the scale move. Crazy, crazy, crazy.... I am pretty sure I can do the UD..DD WOE for eternity with slip ups every now and then. This is so much easier that always DD's or always LC or always counting calories. I wish I could "feel it". I am sure I am not "feeling it" is because I am used to suffering when I diet. KWIM?

I was always "SKINNY" until about 30 - - then it was about 10 pounds here - 10 pounds there until I hit my all time high (which was after losing a lot with hHcg - I really envy you all who can keep the HCG weight off... I know a lot of people that couldn't - maybe JUDDD is the answer, but I am not even going to contemplate going back there again right now )

And heavens no - I am envious as heck of the (as I call em) skinny people. People that made goal ROCK! They have something I have never seemed to be able to get and keep....WILLPOWER, DRIVE, DETERMINATION and a skinny body.... LOL I am JEALOUS - there, I admit it .... that is why I started the thread. I am jealous!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
I get what you're saying - surely I should feel 'punished' when dieting! Yes DD can be excruciatingly hard some days - but I just think of tomorrow. Not that I want to wish my life away - but it can make it bearable.

If it's working - just stick with it!! Even if it's slow!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

I think I may have been the debbie downer on Soren's other post.
You were but it wasn't a downer really, it was just reality. I'm pretty good at blocking stuff out, so for now, I'm bmi 39.8 or whatever, and just glad it's not 43 anymore!
seriously, and please find a way out of your funk-- you're doing amazing, you give tons of advice and inspiration, and you eat the most interesting things! YOU ROCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
My sisters learned I started running again. There comments were NOT oh thats great or anything like that.......it was "thought we felt the ground shaking"....then they giggled with each other. Uuuggghhh!
Ok, I know you love them anyway, but your sisters sound horrible! Just wait till they have some life issue they can't deal with easily
You do NOT deserve to be treated that way-- high school is over, and that behavior does not need to be tolerated.
Want me to come down there and give them the what-for? Cuz I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
If it's working - just stick with it!! Even if it's slow!!
Here here! I don't think we deserve to suffer, or that a weight loss regime should be punishment. I know we've all tried things in the past that sucked, and got used to it...
I think I lost that mentality though when I found LC-- I really like meat, and I came to terms with my metabolism issues, especially my reaction to carbs, sugar, etc.
I just see JUDDD as an extension of my LC WOE, with a bit more freedom... but I still get itchy with too much/certain carbs. So, I'm moderate, and I'm learning about new stuff, and I'm enjoying the freedom (tried to bring DH over last night, but he doesn't want to count anything) and the NOT being punished feeling.*

*she says on a DD, contemplating her first cup of green tea-- green/chocolate, or green jasmine... oh, the decisions!

Great thread! Hope I'm not too preachy... YMMV and I think all ya'll are awesome!
S.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

I say to each and everyone of you...

PREACH AWAY

Maybe something will stick! (LOL..... )

Right now I am just in the mood to no count calories on UD's anymore. I go over my limit anyway so why depress myself?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GW318
Stats: 394/315/?
Start Date: 10/01/11
Would it be ok if a man joined in?
GW318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

But of course - we are equal opportunity need to lose weight people here
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

I think I may have been the debbie downer on Soren's other post. Sorry, having internal crazy talk issues this week, and can't quite figure out how to get out of my funk. Sorry. You've done amazing!!!
I think we have pauses in our up moods (at least I do) just like we have pauses in our weight losses. Sometimes the body just needs to rest and regroup. Honor your mood, it will shift into high gear again soon. We value you and your comments whichever mood your in.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I think we have pauses in our up moods (at least I do) just like we have pauses in our weight losses. Sometimes the body just needs to rest and regroup. Honor your mood, it will shift into high gear again soon. We value you and your comments whichever mood your in.
TRUE DAT!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #56

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
I say to each and everyone of you...

PREACH AWAY

Maybe something will stick! (LOL..... )

Right now I am just in the mood to no count calories on UD's anymore. I go over my limit anyway so why depress myself?
I'm afraid I kinda come across as beating people over the head with calorie counting on up days (I've written this kind of thing a few times over the past few days) but do please count. It's information! Lots of us keep spreadsheets with this info. I can tell you how many calories I ate almost every single day of JUDDD, and will keep tracking this information because it's useful!!!!

This WOE is all about finding what works for you. What foods satisfy on down days. What foods create insatiable cravings. What calorie levels work best, both on down and up days. We each have an individual metabolism that works in certain, often mysterious ways. Many people find they have a "sweet spot" for up day or down day numbers that are different from what the calculator gives. After all, the calculator is just an estimate. It doesn't know your body from mine, even though they are very different.

So each day on this WOE is an opportunity to learn something about the way your body functions. Ate too much on an up day and saw a big bounce? That's information. Eating too much on down days and not losing? More information. You're learning, if nothing else, what numbers you need to maintain where you are. Go lower, and you're back into weight loss territory.

Denial is not your friend. Denial is, if you're anything like me, what got you into this in the first place. Denial was my right-hand man for a very long time. I stayed off the scale. I ate crap and pretended it didn't matter. All that got me was fat and very very unhappy.

So please please count. Keep track. You will be glad later on that you did, because it will help you to figure out how your body works and on what numbers. This is a long-term WOE, not a short-term quick fix and the more armed you are with information, the better off you are.

Hey, you said preach.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #57

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You are entitled to count or not as you wish. But....

Dr. J responded to my questions!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: icecreamjunkie
Stats: 295/267/170
WOE: HCG Rx R2/P2 (6 week rounds)/JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 17, 2012 R1/ April 29th R2/ May 12 JUDDD

Ok, i'm doing a lot of lurking....and marking my spots in a couple of threads. I am doing a second round of hcg right now...but when i end this round, i am going to transition into juddd! It just sounds like my kinda plan (since there is not a HWC, bacon, butter and ice cream plan!) I'm still gonna lurk if ya'll don't mind! Keep reading, learning and getting ready!
I definitely am not skinny....i don't think i even posses that gene! BUT i do need to lose 100lbs still...and just get back to being my athletic healthy self!!!

Love reading the posts and everyone seems so friendly and supportive!!! I am loving my hcg family and think i'm gonna like this one too!

icecreamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Jumping in here to say I'm definitely one who needs to lose 60 or more lbs. I'm not as brave as y'all to post your weights only because, as we know, the internet world gets smaller and smaller. I'd freak if someone IRL said "oh you're "vanilla latte" on LCF aren't you?" This is why I don't share alot of personal stuff or even my real name. Call me paranoid, but I sometimes wonder if the owner of this site sifts through our real names (didn't we have to sign up with a real name, I don't even remember) and looks for us on FB.

Anywho, I'm in the same weight range as Tryingjuddd and Arkie1, if that helps you know where I'm at. Onderland isn't far away and I've been at it's door many times. I'm post-menopausal, in my 50's (although I'm accused of lying when I say that, which is a big ego boost I admit ) and have struggled with trying to lose weight since I was 23. If I'd have stuck with JUDDD the first time I did it when it first came out, I might very well be at a normal weight by now.

I did see where someone - Yam-Yam or Luna Loca - said something about beating it to death about eating to UD calories and I'm glad I took their advice. I was sure I was eating up to or overdoing it and I wasn't. The scale has been steadily - albeit slowly - moving downward since I began eating more.

You're losing, so that's excellent!!! It may be slow, but you're losing!! I hope you stick with it.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I have over 50 lbs to lose and finally accepted that it's going to take time no matter what method I use. Even if I don't lose all the weight, JUDDD helps so much with joint pain and inflammation. I fell off the JUDDD wagon for 10 days and already the aches & pains are coming back.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote