Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justapinch
Stats: 230/194/160?
WOE: JUDDD 1/8/12!
Start Date: Oct 2010
Why was I surprised to not be losing?

I have been JUDDing for a few months now, with moderate success, it definitely broke my stall from low carbing and brought me into Onederland, hooray! But just today I was looking back at some of the low carb threads, menu suggestions, etc, and I thought to myself, HOLY CRAP! How in dear heaven's name did I think I was going to lose weight when I must have been eating >3000 calories a day?! Sure, it worked for a while, but after stalling out for months, why did I think "re-inducting" with more fat and calories than anyone ever needs would make me lose ? I'm SO thankful I found JUDDD, all of you are incredibly supportive! I'm just crossing my fingers that I fit into my wedding dress, I ordered a size down because it's not until October. Take that, snide wedding dress saleslady, I CAN DO THIS!

THANK YOU JUDDD BUDDDS!
justapinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Your post makes sense to me! When I quit smoking last June, I quickly put on 20 pounds, and it seemed no matter how low I went on carbs, I could not lose. It took cutting way back on the calories, and the rotation of JUDDD, to get those pounds off. I am now back to my original weight from last June, and it was done in less than 3 months! I know I will meet my goal (whatever that is), and be able to maintain, now that I'm JUDDDing....

You will fit into your wedding dress, I'm sure! Just keep on doing the rotations, and respecting your calories!

Carole

Last edited by arkie1; 05-03-2012 at 08:45 AM..
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grace
I'm soooo sure you WILL fit into your wedding dress. Congratulations on having the optimism to order the smaller size and a pox on the snide sales lady!!!
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justapinch View Post
I have been JUDDing for a few months now, with moderate success, it definitely broke my stall from low carbing and brought me into Onederland, hooray! But just today I was looking back at some of the low carb threads, menu suggestions, etc, and I thought to myself, HOLY CRAP! How in dear heaven's name did I think I was going to lose weight when I must have been eating >3000 calories a day?! Sure, it worked for a while, but after stalling out for months, why did I think "re-inducting" with more fat and calories than anyone ever needs would make me lose ? I'm SO thankful I found JUDDD, all of you are incredibly supportive! I'm just crossing my fingers that I fit into my wedding dress, I ordered a size down because it's not until October. Take that, snide wedding dress saleslady, I CAN DO THIS!

THANK YOU JUDDD BUDDDS!
Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I am sure you'll fit into that lovely dress, and I hope we can see pics when the time comes. Yes, I think JUDDD really helps us see what a true portion is and that calories do make a difference, especially when you cycle them! Keep us informed how things are going for you!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
I'll probably get beat up for this, but carbs arent the end all and be all of weight loss. No matter what anyone says, you still have to watch your calories as it's impossible to lose with a massive excess of calories.

Yes, I, too, went astray on LC, eating waaay too many calories and not losing. JUDDD is easier for me cuz I only count one thing. That being CALORIES!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Not only do I believe you will fit in your dress, I bet it needs to be taken in! That'll show her.

When I got married, the sample size fit me perfectly, I thought, but they convinced my mom I should get the next size up. It had to be altered just about everywhere, to the next size down. They made a bucket load on alteration fees.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:

THANK YOU JUDDD BUDDDS!
on breaking the stall and your entrance into Onderland! And YES, you WILL fit into your wedding dress!

I don't know if you're at all like I was, but looking back to when I was a strict low-carber, I'm pretty sure I over-ate (all "legal" stuff) just to compensate for what I *really wanted but could not have. For example, eating waaaaaay more slices of pepperoni or fried cheese than I should when I was seriously craving something salty or crunchy like potato chips or Nacho flavor Doritos. Since I've come over to the "dark side" and can have whatever is calling my name, I find that a small one ounce bag of chips satisfies me, no urge to eat any more and my craving is quenched. Satisfaction in my belly AND my head. Total calories eaten = 160. Compare that to four ounces of pepperoni slices at 140 calories/ounce which was my less than satisfactory substitute. NO brainer!

And what I eat now is *exactly what I want, not a "close facsimile" or half-hearted substitute. If I ate what I really wanted back in my strict low-carb days it would throw me off plan and take at least 3 or 4 days to regroup. Because I get to eat what I *really want, I end up very satisfied and food isn't my focus. I don't obsess over or try to figure out some other way to trick my mind and taste buds into accepting something else and the result is that my overall diet is very very good, lots of fresh foods, and is still what most folks would regard as low-ER carb. Yes, I'm having my cake (chips, bread, etc.) and eating it too... and losing weight/inches and feeling very good. Total win!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
As an Atkid for a very long time, I too tended to eat too much...

BUUUUTTTT, I realized somewhere along the way I had to watch my calories, and you know what? It still made absolutely no difference in how many stalls I had. It even made me go to WW (where I gained), and considered both HCG and a lap band.

JUDDD truly is the only method that works for me. I'm so grateful.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
The only way I ost on LC was doing LC with lowfat thrown in. Otherwise my calories for cheese alone would negate any chance of losing weight.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I sure hope the snide sales lady doesn't gain a pound for every wedding dress she sells. Is that called commission or karma?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I agree entirely. I was eating so much more than my body needed.

Hope you don't have to pay good money to get that dress taken in.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CatherineA
WOE: formerly LC; trying JUDDD 2322.464
Start Date: 5/4/12
Quote:
I have been JUDDing for a few months now, with moderate success, it definitely broke my stall from low carbing and brought me into Onederland, hooray! .... Take that, snide wedding dress saleslady, I CAN DO THIS!

THANK YOU JUDDD BUDDDS!
Good for you Justa Pinch - am so encouraged by your post...would love to see the dress but I'd like to see a snap of the snarky saleslady too....

Catherine
CatherineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
it's all about calories....i did low carb for about a year lost only 50 pounds most of them on the first three months..when i checked back my food dairies i found that i lost only when i lowered my calories not carbs...i had tried very low carb days even tried the zero carb and didn't lose a pound ..and now with JUDDD i can eat 300-400 gram carbs every other day and lose weight and inches ..as long as i keep it in my calories allotment..calories only matters...all the fuss about carbs come from these misconceptions: 1-carbs make you hungrier but this only happens sometimesyou can feel full on 1500 calories high carb diet more than 2500 high fat if you know how to make good decisions ..it will require a lot of nutrition's in-formations but it worth it 2-carbs make you retain water but temporarily though..and it's healthy sometimes
3-calories come from carbs have thermic effect less than protein..ok it's true ..but did you know that fats have less thermic effect than carbs..!!..i do know carbs are bad for some people with specific medical conditions but i talk about its effect on weight loss...
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
That is exactly what I discovered after a couple of weeks on JUDDD. I can't even IMAGINE how many calories I was packing in doing LC. Just with coffee alone, I was drinking 3 cups a day with 2 Tbs of HWC in it each time. I thought because I wasn't eating many carbs, I could have a free-for-all with protein and fats. The amount of nuts I was consuming was obscene. I was very very liberal with my fats. I mean, really, no wonder!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote