Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Recommitting To A Month Of Juddd Weight Loss Mode - Support needed!

Hi All!
As most of you know I have been maintaining happily on a DD/FD rotation
For 6 months this has kept me at a happy 133-134lbs.

A few weeks ago I added a MD in, to keep my days where I like them...
and over the last few weeks my weight has went up a bit, as far as 136/137lb, and I am not a happy camper.

Not quite sure what I am doing different...other than the MD's....in fact my FD's have included more fruit and cereal, rather than the chocolate and cookies I had been scoffing before!
Also, for some reason, I am having a really bad time at ovulation..weight gain, sore boobs, ect, worse than with tom!

Anyhow, even though I LOOK the same, and clothes fit the same, I am getting fed up with logging those higher weights...so have decided to commit to a month of "vanilla" Juddd.....just DD/UD's of 500/2000. This is 35% weightloss mode for me, and gives a good average of 1250.

I want to be seeing 132-133lbs again!

Thought if I posted here, I will have to keep to it!

Then, when I get back to where I want to be, I think I will have to still stay with a straight DD/UD rotation...those MD's seem to do something weird to me...which is a shame, cos I love MD's!

All opinions, support, and kicks up the backside very welcome!

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Joedi, that certainly seems like a reasonable plan, and I bet you get right back where you want to be in no time.

I keep hearing about DIM, which is supposed to be really good for dealing with the excess estrogen that can cause the breast tenderness and PMS symptoms. Perhaps you should research that.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Joedi! You have done a marvelous job of maintaining your weight loss! A few rounds of DD/UD in weight loss mode will have you back where you want to be.

While a few of us are able to successfully lose or maintain while including MDs, a pattern does seem to be emerging - a whole lot of us (giggle, and there are a lot of us here now) have noticed MDs seem to be disruptive.

Then again, of course, the 'female' issues are probably bringing a little more water retention into your life than you really want or need. Ugh, there I have no advice to offer.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 05-03-2012 at 07:11 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn007
Stats: 163/164/148
WOE: Low Carb/ JUDDD
Start Date: January 2007

Thank you for posting this, because it helps us new maintainers who are struggling to stop losing while trying to maintain. I think I know not to throw a MD day in because of what you are experiencing.

I think if you go back into strict rotation you may not need to lower your DD to 35% WLM you could go 50% but it would take longer. I am still losing at 50%. But then again we are all different too.

Dawn
Dawn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Sounds like a plan. Don't you just love that JUDDD gives us such a painless way to get back on track when we start seeing that creep?

I wonder if the extra fructose in the fruit is contributing? You'd think replacing cookies with fruit would be a good thing, but if the overall sugar content has increased, it may have put you over a tipping point (in other words, you eat more fruit than you might have eaten cookies, so overall, you are eating more sugar). And this could be contributing to the extra pms symptoms as well.

Dr. Mercola recommends keeping fructose under 25g per day. He has a list of fructose grams in different types of fruits on his site that might be helpful.

Because fructose is processed by the liver, if you are overloading it with fructose, it isn't going to be able to metabolize excess estrogen too. And excess fructose gets turned into triglycerides and stored as fat.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
Are you sure you are not Pregnant? weight gain and sore boobs sounds familiar.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
You've got this. Kick those extra couple of pounds in the butt and show them who's boss! Then go right back to maintenance.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #8

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I'll be really interested to watch how this goes for you. I've just entered maintenance (not at goal, but just maintaining for a while to get away from the weight-loss craziness that was in my brain). And seeing how others manage their weight in maintenance is valuable info for all of us.

And interesting that the MDs seem to be the thing that is messing with you! Yet another bit of evidence that the magic seems to be in the rotations, not just the calorie counts. Calories do matter, but it seems to be the rotations that are supremely important.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks all for your words of encouragement!
I must admit I felt like a bit of a failure....but by posting here I have the motivation to stick with the plan.
Will look up the fructose stuff, Tina..its very interesting.
Definitely not pregnant, Babykinz!(what a scary thought!!) I am 41, periods regular (and dh had a vasectomy 14 years ago!)
It is weird about the MD's, Luna! Over christmas I was doing mad FD/500 DD rotations, and kept at goal. Everytime I try to add a MD in, I gain a little!
I could probably do Md's occasionally, but regularly, combined with FD's they just dont keep me where I want to be.
Its a shame, cos I like them, and they keep my rotation so my gym days never hit a DD!

I think I will post my progress here every day during the month, just to keep me on track and accountable.

hugs
Jo
Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

I wonder if the md's mess with us because it causes the stress response to continue too long, and actually slows down the metabolism. If you do dd/md/ud, you've got up to 50 hours before you have an UD breakfast. And maybe that's long enough to cause the body to say, 'whoa, conserve, conserve!'. Then on that UD, you are storing rather than burning. Then you have a DD, and it's like, "see, we knew it, we're starving, hang on tight." Then UD, again and things start to relax. But if you are doing weekly md's, by the time your body gets it that food is plenty, you are repeating the cycle again.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Jo! Just wanted to offer my support. I know you will lick those pesky pounds in no time! I'll look forward to your updates!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #12

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Joedi, sorry you are going through grief just now.

We are all offering our support.

I do the occasional MD, but it is interesting that they often seem to throw things out of sync for a lot of people.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Good luck! I hope it works out for you! You've got my support!

You may want to get your hormone levels checked though...perhaps peri-menopause?
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Jodi, a few drops of geranium essential oil and clarey sage essential oil ( 10-15 drops each) in one ounce of a carrier oil, like sesame or olive oil, applied externally is a very effective way to reduce or eliminate a lot of those nasty pms/ Tom symptoms. You can go online to White Lotus Essential Oils to get pure real essential oils. A lot of people sell fake oils. You will not only feel better, you will smell beautiful. Let me know if this works for you if you try it. Good luck. Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Hi Jodi,

You are definitely NOT a failure!! Don't go there...you are learning what works as a tweak for you and what doesn't work. You are not a failure, you are a learner

I like my UDs on Sat every week too. So I do a MD Friday every week. But I start off my MD with very little calories (like a DD, maybe 200 or less for most of the day)...the I allow myself a "normal" UD dinner & maybe even a snack. Kind of like a MUDDD day. It seems to work better than just doing a MD with 1250 calories...when you get back to maintenance you might want to try that instead.

My ovulations have changed as well - sore breasts, spotting and pain on one side. I have never experienced any of these symptoms before...?

Thanks for sharing,

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #16
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Well, Miss Jo I'm right here with you! I weighed in today at 140.2 after an almost full week (due to family visiting and other occasions) of 4 UDs in a row! I have been doing a rotation of M/W/F DDs, T/T/S UDs and Sunday as a MD and have seen my weight slowly creep up PLUS I'm finding I'm not counting as I should and most times go over my UD calories and DD calories. MD are becoming UDs and that is giving me only 3 DDs a week, not good, especially if those DDs are going over and turning into MDs!

I do believe that the regular UD/DD rotation works the best to keeping our bodies "guessing", and that throwing a MD in there to stabilize the rotation to an even 3 DD/3UD/1MD is NOT a good idea, and I am going back to that suggested UD/DD rotation again starting today! Keeping my DDs at 700 and my UDs at 1800 gives me 1250 calories a day which will take the extra 5 pounds off and keep me at my "fighting" weight between 133 and 135.

Just glad to see that someone else noticed a slight problem with throwing regular MDs in there and glad to have a "partner in crime" in getting back to my favorite weight again!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 05-04-2012 at 09:55 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Good luck, Joedi!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I wonder if the md's mess with us because it causes the stress response to continue too long, and actually slows down the metabolism. If you do dd/md/ud, you've got up to 50 hours before you have an UD breakfast. And maybe that's long enough to cause the body to say, 'whoa, conserve, conserve!'. Then on that UD, you are storing rather than burning. Then you have a DD, and it's like, "see, we knew it, we're starving, hang on tight." Then UD, again and things start to relax. But if you are doing weekly md's, by the time your body gets it that food is plenty, you are repeating the cycle again.
I think you have it, Tina.

MDs are a juggling act: slow caloric stress response (sirtuin enzyme production) down while bumping metabolism up just enough. Using the average of DD/UD calories on a MD makes intellectual sense. But, for some metabolisms that average may, in cold reality, be too high or too low. Too high creates the same effect as having two UDs in a row. Too low creates the same effect as having two DDs in a row.

Like Goldilocks, on MDs we are seeking calorie levels that are just right.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Well, Miss Jo I'm right here with you! I weighed in today at 140.2 after an almost full week (due to family visiting and other occasions) of 4 UDs in a row! I have been doing a rotation of M/W/F DDs, T/T/S UDs and Sunday as a MD and have seen my weight slowly creep up PLUS I'm finding I'm not counting as I should and most times go over my UD calories and DD calories. MD are becoming UDs and that is giving me only 3 DDs a week, not good, especially if those DDs are going over and turning into MDs!

I do believe that the regular UD/DD rotation works the best to keeping our bodies "guessing", and that throwing a MD in there to stabilize the rotation to an even 3 DD/3UD/1MD is NOT a good idea, and I am going back to that suggested UD/DD rotation again starting today! Keeping my DDs at 700 and my UDs at 1800 gives me 1250 calories a day which will take the extra 5 pounds off and keep me at my "fighting" weight between 133 and 135.

Just glad to see that someone else noticed a slight problem with throwing regular MDs in there and glad to have a "partner in crime" in getting back to my favorite weight again!
Me too! I sometimes wonder if we are twins Linda...same height...same rotation causing the same problems...and same ideal goal weight! Even our average cals are the same, except that I get mine by doing 1950/550!

I was just thinking of you, wondering "how can Beeb be maintaining so beautifully with a MD, and I cant!"

We should use this thread to encourage each other, and catch up on our progress.

Off now to visit my friends Temple...they have food afterward the service, and its a DD too...eeek!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 05-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Joedi, You are GORGEOUS! . Sounds like you've got a plan (drop those MDs for now); so soon you'll be back where you started! It's amazing how dropping just a few pounds can make such a difference! You can DO it!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Well on Thursday,(a DD) when I made the original post, I weighed in at an unhappy 136.
I had been doing DD/FD..so decided on a month of normal rotation.
So did:
Thursday - 550
friday -1900
Saturday - 795 (should have been 550, but was invited to my friends Temple...and had to guestimate my intake)
And today, Sunday I woke up to 133!

Much happier, though I would still like to see 131-132 again...just for the bounce room!
Mind you, after going from FD's to UD's...my DD was a bit of a struggle...thank goodness for DD muffins n gluc powder!

Will keep going till the end of the month...then see if I can maintain again on FF/DD....without those evil MD's!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 05-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #22

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
So happy to read this today! You've got this!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's see four days = three pounds gone......

Committed to DD/UD rotation for a month.....

Let's see....3 pounds divided by 4 days......carry the 75%.....multiply that by 3.....allow for slippage......average calories in a pound of feathers.......check wind direction.......add parsley.......simmer.......

.......That should put you at just under 113 pounds at the end of the month.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Nancy oh my gosh! loved that calculation!! you must be a math wiz!!

thanks sooo much for sharing your experience with MD's on this thread!!! I learned: Do not do them!!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #25

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
:-) Happy for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Me too! I sometimes wonder if we are twins Linda...same height...same rotation causing the same problems...and same ideal goal weight! Even our average cals are the same, except that I get mine by doing 1950/550!

I was just thinking of you, wondering "how can Beeb be maintaining so beautifully with a MD, and I cant!"

We should use this thread to encourage each other, and catch up on our progress.

Off now to visit my friends Temple...they have food afterward the service, and its a DD too...eeek!

hugs
Jo
x
YUP, twins across the pond from each other!! We have had the same ups and downs all along the way and I've been right there, right behind or just a bit ahead of you with all our different issues! A better "twin sister" I couldn't have asked for!

And just to let you know that since starting my regular rotation again on Friday I have dropped down to 137.2 from 140.6 after Friday's DD and then just up a bit to 138.8 today after a Cinco De Mayo with way too much drink and fried foods which I couldn't even begin to try to figure out. Today is a good DD again and I'm feeling good, lots of bathroom visits and that always tells me I'm on the way "down"!

I see in your post that you are going down too, and only after 3 regular rotation days and that is very inspirational to me! It means I'm right behind you Sis!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Never a doubt in my mind that you could do this, Jo! Excellent!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #28

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Jo and Beeb, I'm so glad to see that both of you were able to rein it in so quickly!! What an inspiring thought! Maintenance as easy as JUDDD makes it, and if you start creeping up, a few days of rotations brings you back into your preferred weight range again.

How awesome. How lucky are we to have found JUDDD and each other?
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I read this the other day (but didn't have time to respond). Jo and Beeb, I had no doubt that you two would be able to come back down to your preferred weight range in no time and I'm very glad to hear it confirmed. I might just have too much faith in JUDDD, but I trust in it completely and I've seen you guys make it work so well for you in the past that I felt it would be no different this time.

We are all definitely lucky to have found JUDDD. I feel fortunate every single day.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

So glad the return to rotations is working so quickly for you Jo and Beeb!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote